Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach and a Turkey baster would be to clean his genetic material out of her after he was done raping and murdering her. I don't see this guy doing much manual labor if you know what I mean. LE was on him fairly quickly I would be surprised if he kept her around in a freezer. Usually a perp does that to through off time of death.

this makes me feel so sick :( i can't wait for justice for sweet sierra. this guy is so frightening!!

Hello all :) I'm coming into this case late... so glad to see the man responsible has been found. Sorry for the naive question, but is there anyway he can be forced into leading LE to her body?

This case breaks my heart. My baby sister is Sierra's age. When I look at the pictures of Sierra (pictures she obviously took of herself, just like my sister would do), her twitter, her tumblr, etc.. I think of my sister with all of her social networks and the same Juicy purse Sierra had. And with that said I just can't fathom what her family is going through. My prayers go out to them... to know your daughter's killer but not having her body to lay peacefully to rest.. disgusting. Sierra should be in school right now, just like my sister. She should be texting and tweeting and instagram-ing and shopping and getting excited to spend time with her family on Thanksgiving, just like my sister is. I hope this rots for taking away all of those teenager things from her. :furious:

Hello all :) I'm coming into this case late... so glad to see the man responsible has been found. Sorry for the naive question, but is there anyway he can be forced into leading LE to her body?

This case breaks my heart. My baby sister is Sierra's age. When I look at the pictures of Sierra (pictures she obviously took of herself, just like my sister would do), her twitter, her tumblr, etc.. I think of my sister with all of her social networks and the same Juicy purse Sierra had. And with that said I just can't fathom what her family is going through. My prayers go out to them... to know your daughter's killer but not having her body to lay peacefully to rest.. disgusting. Sierra should be in school right now, just like my sister. She should be texting and tweeting and instagram-ing and shopping and getting excited to spend time with her family on Thanksgiving, just like my sister is. I hope this rots for taking away all of those teenager things from her. :furious:

No...he can't be forced to do anything, not even if he is convicted. The only hope is some sort of a plea deal that makes locating Sierra one of the conditions, but that would mean he would have to plead guilty to killing her, which I don't see happening, unless they have lots and lots of solid evidence. The killer in Mickey Shunick's case DID lead LE to her body but they had a ton of evidence; even so, I was surprised. I guess you never know. But it is up to the suspect.

No...he can't be forced to do anything, not even if he is convicted. The only hope is some sort of a plea deal that makes locating Sierra one of the conditions, but that would mean he would have to plead guilty to killing her, which I don't see happening, unless they have lots and lots of solid evidence. The killer in Mickey Shunick's case DID lead LE to her body but they had a ton of evidence; even so, I was surprised. I guess you never know. But it is up to the suspect.

Thanks so much for answering! I guess there's a different outlook for both sides.. plea deal means her family gets a body, but no death penalty. And not pleading guilty will mean a death penalty, but no body. Although.. is death penalty even an option for his charges in CA? I know it is here in Texas.. :rocker:

Is there any place the evidence in this case is listed? I have done several searches, but can't find anything? Any help would be appreciated. The reason I am asking is if the evidence is not strong he is probably holding out and telling where she is because that would be an admittance of guilt. I am just wondering if there is any way he could possible think he can get off because of lack of evidence. tia

Good! I'm glad he's been charged with the other tries.

I started a section "Justice for Sierra" here: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-/Justice%20for%20Sierra/

And the main Case Archive is still here: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Sierra LaMar -CA-/

Hey mck16, this Case Archive by AmandaReckonwith has been an absolute great source of info for me! Everything we know in one place. She does case archives for lots of big cases and always keeps them accurate and up to date :) Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for answering! I guess there's a different outlook for both sides.. plea deal means her family gets a body, but no death penalty. And not pleading guilty will mean a death penalty, but no body. Although.. is death penalty even an option for his charges in CA? I know it is here in Texas.. :rocker:

I think the DP is a possibility. I hope it is something they can use to force a deal. With abduction resulting in death, it should qualify.

As far as evidence, I believe all we know right now is that his DNA was located on some of her clothing?

I think the DP is a possibility. I hope it is something they can use to force a deal. With abduction resulting in death, it should qualify.

As far as evidence, I believe all we know right now is that his DNA was located on some of her clothing?

Love to hear that... music to my ears. Wasn't her DNA also found in his vehicle? Or am I thinking of another case?

Is there any place the evidence in this case is listed? I have done several searches, but can't find anything? Any help would be appreciated. The reason I am asking is if the evidence is not strong he is probably holding out and telling where she is because that would be an admittance of guilt. I am just wondering if there is any way he could possible think he can get off because of lack of evidence. tia

The Santa Clara DA believes strongly that there is enough evidence to convict AGT, including DNA and surveillance camera video. However, LE has been quiet about the *exact* evidence because this is considered an ongoing investigation and will not be revealed until the discovery phase of the trial. Frankly, if I was innocent, I would fight like heck to prove my innocence through my lawyer. AGT has not pleaded yet, so we don't know if behind-the-scenes negotiations are beng conducted. The three additional charges against AGT point toward prior attempted abductions, which do not bode well for AGT's "not guilty" (so far) stance in the Lamar case.

In California, as in lots of other states, the DP means the guilty person will have decades of appeals, often equating to LWOP. The California voters recently defeated a "no death penalty" proposition, so in theory the DP still stands here. Maybe a LWOP sentence is appealing in a state like Texas, but here it means little.

I wonder if in maybe part of their negotiations, they said "we won't bring these other charges against you if you tell us where she is" and then he didn't tell them, so they said "ok, we were serious. here are your additional charges..."

I can see him never admitting it or telling where her body is... but at the same time, he comes off as a very prideful kind of guy that might say "her body is at such and such location and yea, i did it... so what..." but im guessing that most of the holdback right now is being done because of the lawyer. they're probably telling him that there's no reason why he shouldn't just sit back and wait.

I wonder if in maybe part of their negotiations, they said "we won't bring these other charges against you if you tell us where she is" and then he didn't tell them, so they said "ok, we were serious. here are your additional charges..."

I can see him never admitting it or telling where her body is... but at the same time, he comes off as a very prideful kind of guy that might say "her body is at such and such location and yea, i did it... so what..." but im guessing that most of the holdback right now is being done because of the lawyer. they're probably telling him that there's no reason why he shouldn't just sit back and wait.

That is why I was wondering what the evidence was that had been released. I think your statement above is a huge possibility. I wish I knew exactly what they have as I am sure we all do. jmo

BBM

I saw a post on a Missing Teens or Lost Children or something of that nature facebook page that wondered the exact same thing. But I'm right there with you.. the lawyer probably advised him to keep his mouth shut and not admit to anything. Which leaves us back to square one: hoping for a natural discovery of her body, however horrific that thought is.

Any chances LE has more evidence now in where her body could be after talking to this guy and just haven't released anything yet in case things don't pan out?

Apparently he had his hiding place well planned. Afterall, he removed all clothing before disposing. He bought bleach and a turkey baster a few days prior which would destroy all dna. If he put her in the water, these items (if used for her) would not be necessary. So she is hidden, imo, someplace familiar to him. She may have been placed in a ravine near a favorite watering hole.

Apparently he had his hiding place well planned. Afterall, he removed all clothing before disposing. He bought bleach and a turkey baster a few days prior which would destroy all dna. If he put her in the water, these items (if used for her) would not be necessary. So she is hidden, imo, someplace familiar to him. She may have been placed in a ravine near a favorite watering hole.

I had missed that news about the bleach and turkey baster till you pointed it out. Looking at an article:

"Torres worked at a Safeway, and the police reports indicate that he used his grocery store club card three days before Sierra disappeared to buy 1.5 gallons of bleach and a turkey baster. How those items are relevant to her disappearance were not spelled out."
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...Belong-To-Sierra-Lamar-Suspect-179702321.html

So it shows he had planned the abduction in advance, and probably a hiding place as well.
Definitely makes it a murder 1 charge!

The Santa Clara DA believes strongly that there is enough evidence to convict AGT, including DNA and surveillance camera video. However, LE has been quiet about the *exact* evidence because this is considered an ongoing investigation and will not be revealed until the discovery phase of the trial. Frankly, if I was innocent, I would fight like heck to prove my innocence through my lawyer. AGT has not pleaded yet, so we don't know if behind-the-scenes negotiations are beng conducted. The three additional charges against AGT point toward prior attempted abductions, which do not bode well for AGT's "not guilty" (so far) stance in the Lamar case.

In California, as in lots of other states, the DP means the guilty person will have decades of appeals, often equating to LWOP. The California voters recently defeated a "no death penalty" proposition, so in theory the DP still stands here. Maybe a LWOP sentence is appealing in a state like Texas, but here it means little.

All true Annie. And that said, there is no penalty that we could impose upon AGT that can compare with what he will have to face in the afterlife. And in his case I suspect afterlife will come much sooner than later. I'm sure the inmates are just waiting to get a chance at their own brand of justice. He'd be so much better off to cooperate and try to repent. It's his only chance to save what might be left of a soul.

I couldn't understand why he would use these articles so I google'd them. "Bleach and turkey baster". The results took my breath away. I have been posting for months that I just couldn't shake the impression Sierra was in a freezer. The results for "bleach and turkey baster" are that you use them to unclog a FREEZER!!! No, I'm *not* a psychic, but I just gave myself the willies!

http://www.ehow.com/how_7956121_fix-freezer-defrost-drain-system.html

I know you've mentioned the Safeway freezer, and I've always wondered about his having access to a dumpster there... now we learn he bought things before the crime at this very store. You would thing he would not be comfortable buying what he bought there, but apparently he was.

It is possible that ATG had access to the dumpster, he would know when it was emptied, he would know if it was checked or if it was locked.

Has Sierra been in a landfill all this time?

I had missed that news about the bleach and turkey baster till you pointed it out. Looking at an article:

"Torres worked at a Safeway, and the police reports indicate that he used his grocery store club card three days before Sierra disappeared to buy 1.5 gallons of bleach and a turkey baster. How those items are relevant to her disappearance were not spelled out."
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...Belong-To-Sierra-Lamar-Suspect-179702321.html

So it shows he had planned the abduction in advance, and probably a hiding place as well.
Definitely makes it a murder 1 charge!

This guys whole life seems to circle around SAFEWAY! Worked there, attacked women there, bought his coverup kit there. I say the answer to where Sierra is, is connected to SAFEWAY. His whole world seems to be SAFEWAY!!!

I can't believe Sierra hasn't been found yet. I often think about this case and I hope they find her soon.

This guys whole life seems to circle around SAFEWAY! Worked there, attacked women there, bought his coverup kit there. I say the answer to where Sierra is, is connected to SAFEWAY. His whole world seems to be SAFEWAY!!!

Agree! If this wasn't so tragic, it might be comical.

Sadly though, I have to wonder if she was held captive for several days or more since his buying coverup items in advance shows this horrible crime did not happen spur-of-the-moment.

If he did hold her, I wonder if anyone else knew, and might account for his being so silent now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc