Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC he served the time in 2009 and the molestation happened from 1999-2004. 3 different teens. 12 counts overall. plead guilty to 1.

Sounds like he pi$$ed quite a few people off...3 kids, 2 parents each, brothers, sisters, aunts...you get it...
Just saying'.....:what:

--cardoza said that only the clothing was in the "juicy" bag----nothing else.

--and now this:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/1...eens-purse-clothes-found?clienttype=printable
Sheriff: Missing Morgan Hill Teen's Purse, Clothes Found

"It was her clothing. It was things that she would have kept with her and it was school books. We believe she was on her way to school. It shouldn't have been where it was. It definitely elevates our concerns," said Sheriff Laurie Smith of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department

She's a good kid," Smith said. "She's probably your typical 15-year-old, but there's no indication that this was a runaway. You don't take your school books."

--cardoza said that only the clothing was in the "juicy" bag----nothing else.

--and now this:

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/1...eens-purse-clothes-found?clienttype=printable
Sheriff: Missing Morgan Hill Teen's Purse, Clothes Found

"It was her clothing. It was things that she would have kept with her and it was school books. We believe she was on her way to school. It shouldn't have been where it was. It definitely elevates our concerns," said Sheriff Laurie Smith of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department

She's a good kid," Smith said. "She's probably your typical 15-year-old, but there's no indication that this was a runaway. You don't take your school books."

So that is not really a purse, as stated earlier...her purse has not been found yet, apparently...

Sounds like he pi$$ed quite a few people off...3 kids, 2 parents each, brothers, sisters, aunts...you get it...
Just saying'.....:what:

Especially since he was only charged for one victim and for an 8 month jail sentence. How would you feel if he was not charged with your young daughters abuse? I think there were some angry people.

But as some have noted, why not just beat HIM up or make him disappear. Going after his daughter seems like a stretch. Although it DOES happen like that sometimes.

So that is not really a purse, as stated earlier...her purse has not been found yet, apparently...

Hmm yeah it is starting to sound more like it was a Juicy carry bag as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, and that she kept her money, ID etc in a seperate purse/handbag

That is what I was thinking. My DD used to have a big book bag which she had school books, and some accessories like hoodie or extra shirt. But then she had a smaller purse with make up bag and wallet etc. The big bag would go into her locker at school.

Since she had her books it is obvious she was heading for school. That is not good. :rose:

Hmmm. :waitasec: Bad reporting going on somewhere. Not that it matters to this case specifically, but it would be helpful to know WHEN he was convicted / and it if was ONE or THREE girls to see if this could be a retaliation thing.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-california/hollister-gilroy/Missing-Morgan-Hill-girl-s-dad-is-a-sex-offender/-/5738758/9640016/-/15tmpcgz/-/index.html
Steve Lamar was convicted of lewd acts with a child younger than 14 years old.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46812145/ns/local_news-san_francisco_bay_area_ca/t/sierra-lamars-dad-talks-about-sex-conviction/#.T2uX-dWwUQs
The offense against Steve LaMar on the Megan's Law website is listed as "lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8587864
We learned late Monday night that Sierra's father, Steven LaMar, is a convicted sex offender; convicted in 2007 of lewd or lascivious acts with a girl under the age of 14. ..... He spent eight months in Alameda County Jail.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/
According to court documents, LaMar pleaded no contest to one count of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child under 14 in 2009 and is currently on probation.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/21/BAFV1NO67U.DTL

Court documents show that LaMar was originally charged with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children under 14 in March 2009. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced in September 2009 to a year in county jail.

My theories:
1. He molested 1 girl while 2 others were in the same room

2. He was charged by 3 girls, but admitted to only 1, so was only sentenced for the 1

3. No matter what.. It seems it wasn't just one drunken night...but continued molestation. frightening!

Lauriej, that is new info, this is sounding more like she packed that bag, neatly, with clothes (for whatever reason) and books, nice and neat.

I'm not from that area at all. Can anyone local tell me if where the phone was and where the bag was are they on the same path? Meaning, did this person have to backtrack or did the phone get dumped and then a mile or so on the same path the bag was dumped?

Is this another one of those cases where a description of bags and purse, backpack, lunchbox, etc. was not given?

No facsimile posted. If you knew that, you'd know if this was JUST a school bookbag and a purse is still missing, or if it's one of these carryall deals.

Lauriej, that is new info, this is sounding more like she packed that bag, neatly, with clothes (for whatever reason) and books, nice and neat.

I'm not from that area at all. Can anyone local tell me if where the phone was and where the bag was are they on the same path? Meaning, did this person have to backtrack or did the phone get dumped and then a mile or so on the same path the bag was dumped?

Oh dear. Not another breadcrumb trail case!!

I dunno about the sentencing :( It could be that little ... but it seems unlikely to me that a prosecutor would drop 11 other charges and let him plea to only one if it was THREE little girls.

I ALSO think the year matters?
It if were 2007 that he was convicted and released 2008. Retaliation NOW seems unlikely.
If it were 2009 and he was released 2010 it makes it seem more like a possibility.

Just a thought...
Did the abuse cause a/some of the victims a great deal of emotional problems?
I.e. suicide attempts, drug use, family break down from the stress?

maybe a younger brother witnessed this, comes of age..and seeks revenge?
JMO

What was she wearing when she took a picture of herself with her phone that morning? I haven't seen the pic. but I read that she took one for her Mother. Did she have on pjs or day clothes?

Hmmm...wonder why a photo was taken for her mom that very same day?
coincidence?

Or moot point?

Is this another one of those cases where a description of bags and purse, backpack, lunchbox, etc. was not given?

No facsimile posted. If you knew that, you'd know if this was JUST a school bookbag and a purse is still missing, or if it's one of these carryall deals.

Well, they called it a purse earlier, but listed the contents now as clothes and books...that does not sound like a purse to me, but some sort of bookbag/knapsack...and since it lacked any other items at all, a purse should still be out there, I imagine...a description would be nice...

As a parent, I have to say, if I were to go after someone who harmed my child, I wouldnt go after that persons child. the pain of what I felt when my child was harmed, it would really take one sick SOB to think of doing that to another child. I would go after the PERSON who harmed my child, and with the father being out of jail for what? 4 yrs or so, I can honestly say, it would have happened earlier when my anger was still hyped and not wait. With both parents and b/f having what seems to be solid alibi's. I'm leaning towards someone she knew. Either friend/or neighbor . Or a stalker of some sort

As far as the abuse charges...I wonder if the parents agreed to the deal to keep their child from testifying, etc...? That is all I can think of for so short a sentence...but on the other hand, does anyone remember the charges and sentence for Kaine Horman's brother, for a similar charge? I think his was only a matter of months as well?

Well, they called it a purse earlier, but listed the contents now as clothes and books...that does not sound like a purse to me, but some sort of bookbag/knapsack...and since it lacked any other items at all, a purse should still be out there, I imagine...a description would be nice...

I've been on cases where they posted a facsimile of the item before, ebay pic or if not available, an artist sketch of the item. AND the stores that carry them so it was able for people to BOLO.

What do you make of these items being scattered like the HB case?
I would have thought THAT was uncommon to find a phone here, a bag there
along busy streets.

I've been on cases where they posted a facsimile of the item before, ebay pic or if not available, an artist sketch of the item. AND the stores that carry them so it was able for people to BOLO.

What do you make of these items being scattered like the HB case?
I would have thought THAT was uncommon to find a phone here, a bag there
along busy streets.

It is very odd...although in Holly's case the only item we know for sure was tossed was the infamous "lunch bag/pail"- since LE won't confirm the phone or where it was found, or even that it was found. It is presumed to be the "significant" item found on that last Sunday of searching.

But depending upon what took place here, I could see things being tossed out as someone drives, as a way to both get rid of things from the vehicle and confuse the search efforts. Maybe not such a bad idea, unfortunately, since Holly's case remains as bleak and dismal as the day she vanished...

To add-in Holly's case, even after a year now, LE won't show facsimiles of the items still missing...what is THAT about? They won't even discuss what items are missing. I hope this LE is more forthcoming if there are items they need to find.

They were both along the same road (Santa teresa)

Hmmm...wonder why a photo was taken for her mom that very same day?
coincidence?

Or moot point?

It was stated in the beginning of this that the pic was taken that morning, its now coming out that the pic was taken the day before.

They were both along the same road (Santa teresa)

so does it look like this person was heading out of town or in town. I'm so confused as to where they may have been heading if anywhere? Is it near a highway and in what direction? towards where Sierra was from or towards intown kind of thing? Thanks for giving me some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member