Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Case Number: C1233134
Case Title: People vs. Antolin Garcia-Torres
Filing Date: May 24, 2012

Upcoming Court Dates at the Hall of Justice:
June 11, 2014, 1:30 p.m., Department 24

Praying for a plea :please:

Case Number: C1233134
Case Title: People vs. Antolin Garcia-Torres
Filing Date: May 24, 2012

Upcoming Court Dates at the Hall of Justice:
June 11, 2014, 1:30 p.m., Department 24

Praying for a plea :please:

Yes!

Praying for a plea today!!!

:please:

I wonder....where....the....Morgan Hill.....SAFEWAY dumpsters go........which landfill?

After all, it seems as if Safeway was his "mother ship" for many nefarious activities

MY OPINION ONLY

Jumping off your post...

IMO....considering all the time and energy spent on the water searches (as should be done, of course)... Seems landfill searches should have been done, as well...

All... JMO

Sierra is who lead me to WS. I so wanted her to be found. I so want her to be found. Last year I was out patrolling some of our high use natural attractions on the forest. I met a person that processed the DNA evidence on Sierra's case. They were very confident that the accused will be convicted. Now its just a waiting game.

Encouraging that there seems to be strong evidence!

:thumb:

I know how you feel. I think 'somebody' led almost all of us to WS. For me, it was Kelli Bordeaux, who disappeared almost exactly a month after Sierra, that led me here, and Mickey Shunick who brought me out of lurking and caused me to join. Mickey's case had a tragic end, but at least it did end, with her body being found and the perp confessing not only to her murder, but to one other as well (though there very well may be others). Kelli's case still has no resolution, as neither has she been found, nor has anyone been charged in her disappearance.
There is a lot of waiting in these cases, but I have to believe, when someone brings you here, you honor them when you do stay through the wait, and I believe you further honor them when you stay for all the others. JMO

BBM...
I soooo agree with you!

I feel confident. I don't think they would seek the death penalty unless they had solid evidence. While I don't usually like plea deals, I would be okay with LWOP if he revealed Sierras whereabouts, for her family's sake.

I read Sierra's thread everyday and I want to thank everyone for keeping this case updated. You are awesome and much appreciated.

From the moment Torres was arrested and charged with Sierra's kidnapping and murder, I have felt confident that the DA has more than enough evidence to prove his case BARD.

This case was very different than most all other missing body cases. Often the DA/LE will already have a suspect in mind but they have no body. So therefore; they wait, and ,wait, and wait until a reasonable amount of time has passed that would show the victim is deceased by having no contact with anyone. And that time is usually years even up to 5-7 years in some cases.

So when Torres was arrested very quickly I knew this case was far different than most. Usually in missing body cases there is no proof of death and there isn't even any forensic evidence. But in this one, I don't have any doubt, and the DA does have evidence proving Sierra is a murder victim of Torres. And then add to that he is now asking for the DP and it convinces me even more they have what they need to prove he killed her.

I think they must have found evidence of death inside his vehicle. One does not need the entire body to prove a death has occurred. Death can be shown in many ways such as finding brain matter in the trunk of his vehicle, or tissue/bone fragments or a large pooling of blood where the ME could determine no human being could live with that amount of blood loss. Of course it could be like the Bobo case and they may have video evidence as well. A lot of sickos nowadays think they have to capture their horrendous crimes on video.

Whatever they have it is enough to convince a jury Sierra is a homicide victim, imo. And if they think the state has proven their case BARD he WILL be given the death penalty imo.

Carryon the good work everyone!:seeya:

[/B]

BBM...
I soooo agree with you!

I also agree.

I came to WS on 1-2-2004 in order to support Laci/Conner Peterson and Sharon Rocha, her mother, and Ron Granski her stepdad. At that time Laci was only missing and SP had not been arrested. I supported them all the way through the trial to the very end watching SP being taken off to death row.

But then I realized that so many other victims needed support and their families too. So I am still here 10.5 years later standing up for all victims and wanting all of them to either be found or their suspect brought to justice.

I am SO thankful to have such caring, amazing and "passionate-for-justice" people here on Sierra's threads! :heart:

You all have made the first part of the wait during the adjudication process (#20 thread's worth) bearable for those of us who are close to the case on a personal level in a way that's hard to explain. :heartluv:

IMV, you are the interweb's version of a Sierra Searcher - you have never EVER given up, and you are in it for the long haul. :tyou: just isn't enough. Truly!

I have no doubt you will be here to see this through to the sentencing phase, and until every appeal is sxhausted, if that's what it tales. We now know that the case-in-chief may take a considerable (additional) amount of time. I've made peace with it. as Steve LaMar has also stated in media interviews (I believe I posted this up thread). It is the price we must pay to see this through for "Everyone's Daughter."

Whatever it takes. No stone unturned. We will be here. The search for Sierra continues, as does the pursuit for her justice.

#FindSierra
#JusticeForSierraLaMar

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised when I could not find anything on yesterday's court hearing. There was a change in the upcoming court dates after the DP was announced. The Superior Court of California PEOPLE VS. ANTOLIN GARCIA-TORRES website has not been updated to the new date of June 27th. Sorry.

May 23, 2014

-The hearing Friday lasted less than five minutes, and the judge merely continued a motion to unseal the Santa Clara County Criminal Grand Jury’s investigation documents to June 27th.

-Garcia Torres was indicted by the Criminal Grand Jury in February. A third party filed a motion to unseal that body’s investigation documents for the May 23 hearing, but the motion will instead be considered at the June 27 proceedings at the Hall of Justice.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/artic...f90-d802-5dc8-9afc-739934be9ba1.html?mode=jqm

Bring it on Santa Clara County!!! With the caliber of possible selected jurors that live here, we can stick a fork in him.:jail:

Bring it on Santa Clara County!!! With the caliber of possible selected jurors that live here, we can stick a fork in him.:jail:

Where he's ultimately heading, it will be a PITCH fork!!!!
MOO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the Court ruled on page 3 and denied the motion. :justice:

If so, I agree with the ruling. It would only allow the defense the chance to further maneuver and potentially contaminate the jury pool.

:twocents:

#JusticeForSierraLaMar

#FindSierra

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the Court ruled on page 3 and denied the motion. :justice:

If so, I agree with the ruling. It would only allow the defense the chance to further maneuver and potentially contaminate the jury pool.

:twocents:

#JusticeForSierraLaMar

#FindSierra

If I'm understanding correctly is appears Mercury News disagreed with the courts motion to deny based on unconstitutional prior restraints. If appears the court has denied the Mercury's new motion from June 17th until the June 27th hearing. Motions will be heard again on June 27th.

I wonder what Torres' wife/partner thinks now? Considering she posted some nasty and derogatory things towards Sierra when he first got arrested if I remember correctly? Sounded like there was a back story behind all of that. Can anyone refresh my memory? TIA and Justice for Sierra!

I wonder what Torres' wife/partner thinks now? Considering she posted some nasty and derogatory things towards Sierra when he first got arrested if I remember correctly? Sounded like there was a back story behind all of that. Can anyone refresh my memory? TIA and Justice for Sierra!

This was / is documented via AmandaReckonwith's amazing case archive.

Because it occurred on a social media site, and it was very derogatory toward the victim, I am choosing my words carefully so I won't violate TOS.

I am not sure which archive (there are two) contains exactly what you're looking for, but it's there. Hopefully, AmandaR, or another WSer will chime in with the link ASAP. :please: and :tyou; in advance! :hug;

I have it bookmarked on my laptop. If I am able to get to it, I will post the photobucket link. The archive is quite comprehensive, and it would take some time to locate the URL a images without some direction. :moo:

HTH

#JusticeForSierra

:heartbeat:

Yes, I remember his wife making some horrid and very personal remarks about Sierra. I have always thought and believe she knows what happened to Sierra, and where the earthly remains are. If she has any brains whatsoever, she will make a deal with the D.A. to testify or end up :jail:

As always, :moo:

Direct link to AmandaReckonwith/CrankyCrankerson's 5 part series of images that captured Torres wife/partner making derogatory comments about Sierra. Francine's comments are circled in red.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...ymama-on-facebook-part1.jpg.html?sort=6&o=234

AmandaReckonwith/CrankyCrankerson's Sierra Lamar Album -

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra LaMar -CA-?sort=6&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member