Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When is this judge going to make enter a plea on the behalf of AGT? How long can this continue to go on? Ridiculous!

I would think that with the discovery docs... There would not be room for this travesty of justice!

:banghead:

Monte Francis reporter for NBC Bay Area tweets - @MonteReports

Supporters of #SierraLamar 's family outside courtroom awaiting hearing for Garcia Torres. pic.twitter.com/nWfhTeWyGY
4:36pm - 9 Jan 14

Bailiff says they won't open courtroom doors for another 20 mins. Hearing was expected to start 10 mins ago. #SierraLamar
4:39pm - 9 Jan 14

https://mobile.twitter.com/MonteReports

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 46
Beyond disgusted. The defense is throwing the kitchen sink at the DA - as expected. I'm more infuriated that the judge is allowing it!

Awaiting confirmation that it's the same judge as the last time from a friend who is in attendance so :moo: for now.

So proud of all who showed up today in support of Sierra. agt should be quaking in his shackles. These delays aren't going to last forever. Once the clock FINALLY starts ticking, nothing will be able to stop it.

Enjoy it while you can agt. Regardless, the other pending cases are going to have you as State Property & your life is over as you've known it. The county is a cake walk compared to where you're headed. JMO....

I am SO angry I am going to stop before I get banned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimi_SFC (((hugs)))

I too am feeling pretty disgusted! :stormingmad:

Well, at least he's in jail. He might wind up staying in jail with his no-plea shenanigans longer than some who are tried and convicted.:floorlaugh:

Seriously, I as miffed as the rest of you! What is going on!

How is AGT allowed to continuously not enter a plea after all this time?? It baffles and sickens me. Poor Sierra. I pray for her family. A missing and most likely murdered child is bad enough but they're being re-victimized over and over with this side show called "justice". Sorry just MOO. If this is inappropriate mods feel free to delete. Just breaks my heart :(

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Seems like if he was innocent, he would be in a hurry to enter his NG plea and speed up the trial, in hopes of an acquittal...

This is getting to be beyond ridiculous. I'm outraged and disgusted.

Does that mean that's it? Put up day?

No. This is not the fault of the defense either. Someones life hangs in the balance. Same was said about Jodi Arias whom I would like nothing better then to see her just go away and die somewhere. Fact is when someones life is at stake the judge will do everything in their power to not rush a proceeding. Again that's not why we are waiting.

We are waiting because AGT had a father that is a sex offender. He knew not to say one thing when he was arrested. He I am sure learned through his father that public pretenders do not do anything for you. They don't even speak on your behalf in court unless you tell them what to say. Any counsel at all is considered counsel when in fact you get zero.

That public pretenders job is to sell AGT up the river. The public pretender will get about 500 to 1000 dollars if he pleas. More if it goes to trial. I believe AGT has to be able to work in prison for the lawyer to even see a penny though. We are waiting because we have a crooked justice system. This is the footsy they play.

County is often times worse then the yard. Hate to break it to you guys but they keep it that way so that you want to plead to something you didn't do so the DA does not have to do their job. A DA's job is to seek conviction they do not seek justice. Anyone of them saying that is a flat out liar.

AGT can force this to continue. If you read the court documents you will see the DA is trying to sell the judge on AGT not having the right to discovery. Oh yeah? The judge seems to think AGT has a right to discovery. Matter of fact I have a right to discovery. AGT is in fact entitled to any piece of evidence they have.

They are not giving everything up or they have a really bad case. Early on when this started happening I pointed all of this out to you guys. One thing he can get that lawyer to do is file a motion for discovery. Most public pretenders wont do anything unless you pay them. That would give AGT the right to fire his lawyer and that would drag this out for years. Another California inmate of record Charles Ng changed his lawyers like he changed his socks and he wasn't even an American citizen.

So in fact what we have is a very delicate game being played. AGT knows Mr public pretender isn't going to lift a pencil for him. Mr DA wants to throw away AGT's right to discovery. He wouldn't be so long winded in the transcript if he wasn't, it clearly shows the DA is either playing games or they do not want AGT to know how weak the case against him really is.

If I didn't commit this crime and I was AGT I would be scared to death. A man can get convicted based on suspicion alone. I once saw a man get convicted of murdering his entire family based 100% on character assassination. No evidence at all just pure suspicion put him behind bars for life. Absolutely no evidence. California is going down that road now.

As I stated previously if they have a weak case they needed to encompass his early attempted kidnappings to show a pattern. Guess what? They did. So again I am leaning on a weak case against AGT. If all you have is touch DNA? Seriously? Casey Anthony got off and they had more on her. Suspicion is likely enough to get the death penalty for him. We do not live in a country with a fair judicial system.

I think hes doing exactly what he needs to do. Nothing. I don't think I would even move a muscle. The judge also backs AGT or he would have already entered a standard not guilty plea. No reason to enter one when they don't even have a case. Heck for all we know you might have a public pretender telling him if he only had a few thousand dollars he could walk.

He might be milking the guy for money. That's how these public pretenders roll. I was thinking about Sierra last night. Must have been lonely dying like that. This guys so retarded he probably had to keep working at it to get that killing thing right. Its not easy to kill someone. They don't just lay down and die.

Why bother with these hearings? May as well just let him phone up the judge when he is ready...

Geees - agree with the earlier postings….There could be a few unfortunately.

Am I right in guessing that the time he had taken her & the time he is next seen is not that long? How big a search area are we talking about. I feel as though she is close by.

Feel for her family…..

I live about 30 miles north of Morgan Hill, and when we were driving up the 101 from Orange County last week we saw a large missing Sierra Lamar sign on the side of the freeway.

It sickens me that it has been nearly 2 years and he still hasn't entered a plea.

Sierra Lama Murder, Kidnapping Suspect Appears in Court

By Monte Francis | Friday, Jan 10, 2014 | video @ link

Antolin Garcia Torres appeared in Santa Clara County Superior Court on Thursday and again, refused to enter a plea.

Garcia Torres’ public defender told the judge the defense was “making progress,” but still had more evidence to review.

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Sharon Chatman refused to enter a plea on the defendant’s behalf and set a new hearing date for March 3. At that time, she said she expected that a date for a preliminary hearing would be set, and that Garcia Torres would also enter a plea.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...pping-Suspect-Appears-in-Court-239512371.html

Sierra Lama Murder, Kidnapping Suspect Appears in Court

By Monte Francis | Friday, Jan 10, 2014 | video @ link

Antolin Garcia Torres appeared in Santa Clara County Superior Court on Thursday and again, refused to enter a plea.

Garcia Torres’ public defender told the judge the defense was “making progress,” but still had more evidence to review.

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Sharon Chatman refused to enter a plea on the defendant’s behalf and set a new hearing date for March 3. At that time, she said she expected that a date for a preliminary hearing would be set, and that Garcia Torres would also enter a plea.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...pping-Suspect-Appears-in-Court-239512371.html

Additionally... From the above link...

Quote: "In court on Thursday, it appeared that the dispute had been settled, and that the defense just wanted more time to review the evidence."

I so hope the dispute has been settled... And that the trial can progress...

Sierra's family needs some closure...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members