Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the 12th of April which is this Tuesday there will be a discovery hearing which is based of the latest motion which I posted above.

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

Hey emiusacska! :wave:
Thanks for all your updates! Appreciate it! Also - are you going to be our "eyes" in the courtroom? It would be nice if one of our WSers were there and give us details on the surroundings, people attending, the "looks" on AT....

I'll be back....

Niner unfortunately no, but will post daily links with summaries, tweets, and anything I can get ahold of

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 1h1 hour ago San Jose, CA
No new developments in #SierraLamar case from today's hearing. Trial for AGT set to begin April 25

The in camera portion of the hearing was sealed
6d5af128b2ee992ede44563ee8573a0b.jpg

:sigh:

So frustrating!!

http://scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/MinuteOrder41216.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well - only 10 days left til trial...

:rose: Justice for Sierra! :rose:

Damian TrujilloVerified account ‏@newsdamian 6m6 minutes ago San Jose, CA
The #SierraLamar trial is a "Go". Starts Monday for AGT. Pre trial motions expected. No jury selection for a while.

Can't believe its been over 4 years already. It feels just like yesterday I found out Sierra was missing, I don't think we will ever find out the full truth but hopefully AGT being found guilty can bring some closure to Sierra's family and friends.

Kimberly VeklerovVerified account ‏@KVeklerov 1h1 hour ago
Attorneys in #SierraLaMar case: Monday's hearing will reset trial start to May 23. Quite a while before jury selection, opening arguments.

Kimberly Veklerov ‏@KVeklerov 5m5 minutes ago
@emicska not sure it's technically a delay. DA and defense stipulated to the May 23rd date, from what I'm hearing.

In reply to Emi Nikolov
Kimberly Veklerov ‏@KVeklerov 7m7 minutes ago
@emicska I heard it'll just be a procedural thing, scheduling the new trial date

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...killing-over-his-lawyers-objections-defendant

SAN JOSE -- Over his lawyers' objections, the man accused of killing 15-year-old South County resident Sierra LaMar in 2012 demanded Friday that his murder trial begin within 60 days.

But just because Antolin Garcia-Torres asserted his right to a speedy trial doesn't mean the trial will actually begin by June 20.

(modsnip)

AGT actually wants to speed things up? What universe are we living in again?? [emoji848]

Hey all!

MK_MMJ said:
Can't believe its been over 4 years already. It feels just like yesterday I found out Sierra was missing, I don't think we will ever find out the full truth but hopefully AGT being found guilty can bring some closure to Sierra's family and friends.

Can't be... I've been here from day one! Doesn't seem so long ago...

emiusacska said:
The case started four years ago when LaMar disappeared while walking to a school bus stop.
Police presume the Morgan Hill teen to be dead and her body has not been found. Antolin Garcia-Torres has been indicted by a grand jury for LaMar's death. He faces a possible death sentence if convicted.

Well, I'm hoping the D.A. will offer to take the death penalty off the table IF he tells "where" Sierra is... :judge:

emiusacska said:
SAN JOSE -- Over his lawyers' objections, the man accused of killing 15-year-old South County resident Sierra LaMar in 2012 demanded Friday that his murder trial begin within 60 days.

But just because Antolin Garcia-Torres asserted his right to a speedy trial doesn't mean the trial will actually begin by June 20.

Speedy would mean the trial would have been over already... :waiting:

So, as I "see" it - Monday April 25th there will be a hearing for motions; May 23rd - more motions?? or start of jury selection??

:waiting: for this to begin!

:rose: JUSTICE FOR SIERRA :rose:

I'll believe it when I see it. The fact that the records were previously sealed gave a clue IMO.

Delays will continue because that's been the SOP for years. The DA is ready. So are we.

#JusticeForSierra!!!!!

#FindSierra

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The accused has the right to a speedy trial, but the victim has no say. Not only because she is not here, but because more rights are granted to the accused.

This case is one that the delays have been absolutely absurd!!! Come on already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove