Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #22 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 19m19 minutes ago
Next up: Bruce Dudley, part-time CSI Officer for Morgan Hill PD. His career in LEO started 1967. Assisted in Safeway attacks investigation
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 48m48 minutes ago
Defense "If you have fingerprints that are left on an item from dif people is there anyway for you to tell which person came 1st?" Wit: "No"
Jenna LyonsVerified account@JennaJourno
Matthews cross examines the evidence fingerprint photographer, tries to imply it's possible his photos missed other useable prints on object
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 54m54 minutes ago
Defense attorney Brian Matthews tries to cast doubt on stun gun battery prints : "you can't tell when it was deposited and in what manner"
JennaLyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 1h1 hour ago
going through images of stun gun and knife allegedly used in Morgan Hill Safeway attacks, which defendant in #SierraLaMar is also accused of
Jenna LyonsVerified account@JennaJourno
In San Jose today for the last day of week 7 of #SierraLaMar trial. Sierra went missing exactly five years ago on 3/16/12

These are photos from today

Attachments

• sierra searchers and supporters.jpg
    sierra searchers and supporters.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
  • JURY.jpg
    JURY.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 48
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 43m43 minutes ago
Prosecution asks Dudley if he learned his DNA ended up on stun gun and knife during processing Dudley: "yes, embarrassingly."
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 27m27 minutes ago
Dudley did not send knife to lab for processing because of the type of case. Says severity of case decides what he sends to lab
Defense asks what type of case he thought it was and prosecution objected. Both sides discussing in chambers
Context: defendant charged w/ attempted kidnapping and carjacking in Safeway assaults. Defense said in past it was overcharged, lacks intent
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 18m18 minutes ago
Court never hears what type of case Dudley thought it was next witness up
Jenna Lyons‏Verified account@JennaJourno 16m16 minutes ago
Next witness is Timothy Faile former officer in Australia who joined Santa Clara County sheriff as fingerprint ID director in 2012

I don't know, seems like too much attention upon to the prior Safeway lot attacks.... diminishes what should be the primary focus of this trial - Sierras brutal murder..... just my opinion...

Hi there my friend! :)

I actually think its a good thing and the DA will wrap it up in his closing. It shows his motivation for kidnapping Sierra was to sexually assault her.

Imo, what it shows is this defendant is a sexual predator and when things didn't go as planned with these victims he changed his MO. So instead he targeted a young teen he knew would be more vulnerable and he picked his target this time because he knew she was in an isolated area with no one around to see him.

JMO though

tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 19h
On bright side, Sgt Leon made the connection. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 19h19 hours ago
It's a real shame. But nobody is perfect & crim justice system certainly is not. #SierraLaMar
DA most likely wd have tried him in adult court=possible jail (back then). Now, judges decide under Prop 57. #SierraLaMar
Might have been in jail or on GPS ankle bracelet. ON THE OTHER HAND he was a juvi at time of attacks, so might not B jail. #SierraLaMar
Def's prints were not on file in 2009. But they were in 2010, b4 Sierra vanished. Had he been linked w/Safeway attacks... #SierraLaMar
Found only 1 fingerprint, that is. #SierraLaMar
So battery was finally tested. Crime lab says they found only 1 front -- def's left thumb. #SierraLaMar
3) attacks/ attempted carjacking/kidnapping of 3 women late at night in parking slots of 2 stores in MH. #SierraLaMar ...
2) arrived from Morgan Hill police. After #SierraLaMar disappeared 3 yrs later in 2012, sheriff's Sgt Herman Leon remembered the Safeway...
1) As we've explained b4, the battery was not tested for prints by the crime lab in 2009. It was supposed to be but never ... #SierraLaMar
Prosecutors call it the big picture; defense will say there's reasonable doubt. #SierraLaMar
tracey kaplan‏Verified account@tkaplanreport 20h20 hours ago
2) incriminating detail doesn't usually determine the case. It is typically the sum total of the evidence. #SierraLaMar
1) Def's print is on battery but no way to tell when it got there. As in any other circumstantial case, 1 potentially ... #SierraLaMar
Despite it being 5th anniversary of #SierraLaMar's disappearance, trial in session today. Topic: fingerprints on stun gun battery.

Can you believe it has been 5 years?

I look at her beautiful smile and it hurts my heart to think of what she went through and her loved ones continue to go through to this day.

Feel free to offer your thoughts to Sierra's family on what must be a very difficult day.

Tricia

Poor Sierra and family!!! I hope sooner or later her remains will be found or this freak will tell where she is if convicted to get a lesser sentence

I think of Sierra often and still hope that she will be found one day. Hoping the current trial brings some justice too.

Sierra is also how I discovered WS.

Hi there my friend! :)

I actually think its a good thing and the DA will wrap it up in his closing. It shows his motivation for kidnapping Sierra was to sexually assault her.

Imo, what it shows is this defendant is a sexual predator and when things didn't go as planned with these victims he changed his MO. So instead he targeted a young teen he knew would be more vulnerable and he picked his target this time because he knew she was in an isolated area with no one around to see him.

JMO though

Aren't some of the charges pertaining to those assaults? If those charges are still in effect, then they have to question witnesses concerning those assaults. They have to present some sort of evidence to support the charge(s) if the jury is to decide on charges other than Sierra's murder.

Last I heard all charges were combined for this trial. I don't think that has changed so it is all part of what the jury has to decide.

Sierra, wherever she is i hope she will be found one day soon.
To her family i can't imagine the unthinkable heartache of not knowing where your beautiful girl is.
Know that you have many people out there that share in your pain and uphold you with love in their heart, and want Justice for what has happened to Sierra.
And may you get the answers you deserve to know, and if we could take this dreadful situation away from you we would, <3

My thoughts and prayers continue for her family and friends! May they find peace and comfort in their hearts not having that closure they desperately needed. So Sad!!

I think of Sierra often, too. I hope she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member