Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about fingerprints earlier. So, if they checked her purse for any other finger prints?

That info and so much more is probably known by LE but not released to the public.

Many of the recent posts on this thread indicate how little 'official' info or follow-up we have.

Not laying any blame on LE, just noting.

~jmo~

Or what if she thought it might be raining by the time school let-out, and she'd be getting soaked on her way home.

...continuing...btw, add me to the list of those who think that a tossed bag could reveal 'folded' clothes even if opened and spilled (no evidence of that). IOW, if the contents of the bag were tightly packed, and it appears likely so from the size of the bag, the clothes would stay folded even if the bag had been pitched from a moving vehicle.

fwiw, not sure it's relevant

Where would she change on her way home, in the bus?

I said that about getting soaked on the walk to the bus, because my daughter would not be caught dead using an umbrella.
icon7.gif

I think this person is local and did something to her and afterwards got rid of her belongings to lead the LE away from that area. again all of this is IMO

I thought that at first, but it wouldn't make much sense. The phone and the purse were found VERY close to her home, and her path of travel. If it was someone in that local area, wouldn't they want to not leave any clues so close to the her last seen place?

The contents of the purse seem to be a very big piece of evidence to me.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

Conflicting reports as to what the "shirt" was.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Roadblock-Set-in-Sierra-Lamar-Search-143968486.html

Has anyone confirmed whether the item found was a shirt, jersey, or sweatshirt?

CA CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #4 - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Post #27 shows the confusion further.

I think in the picture its probably a sweatshirt with or without a hood, as thats what the mom said, but it appears the item in the purse might not be a sweatshirt.

And I think its also relevent that the sharks had games on Thursday night, and Saturday night at home in SJ.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

She may have brought an extra pair of clothing, planning on not going home friday night (maybe spending the night at a friends?), but going to the Shark's game on Saturday.

Also, its been pretty cold in the area lately. If she removed the sweatshirt/shirt before leaving home and put it in the purse, i'd imagine she would grab another sweatshirt/sweater.

Im sure they've had her mom go through her clothing in her closet to see what is missing, right?

Lastly, a thought that really puzzles me about the purse. If the clothing in the purse is the clothing she ended up leaving the house in, how did it get off her and in the purse? If she WILLFULLY got in a car with someone she knew, or a stranger, would they cause a seen right in her neighboorhood, and then hang around and take the time remove her clothing? I would think if anything they would pretend to be driving her to school, or wherever she wanted to go for some time before she realized something was up.

So in that case, if she was taken, she probably didn't get in the car willfully, and instead was grabbed. But this still presents the issue of why someone would hang around to remove her clothing so they could dump it in the area.

I also didn't hear any metion of socks/shoes. If someone was dumping all of her stuff, i'd excpect her socks and shoes to have been found. So I would reason that this was either a spare change of clothes, or someone had her change into something else. I cant really conceive why someone would have her change into something else though. [EDIT] I could see changing clothing if someone abducted a very young child, but a perp wouldn't be worried about someone recognizing her based on her clothing. Either way, I think thats a big question. Where are her shoes?
My opinions based on this are either:

a)she wasn't initially taken in a car. Instead it was someone's house or structure in the area. I doubt this though, because they've searched that area extensively. Also, if you lived in the area, you'd take the phone and purse farther away.

b)The clothing in the purse was a spare change. This doesn't necessarily lead to believing abduction or runaway, but it is much more reassuring than if those were all her clothes she were wearing.

Where would she change on her way home, in the bus?

I said that about getting soaked on the walk to the bus, because my daughter would not be caught dead using an umbrella.
icon7.gif

Oh, I was thinking the change would be done at school to prepare for the trip home that afternoon. :-)

(LOL about the umbrella)

Or what if she thought it might be raining by the time school let-out, and she'd be getting soaked on her way home.

...continuing...btw, add me to the list of those who think that a tossed bag could reveal 'folded' clothes even if opened and spilled (no evidence of that). IOW, if the contents of the bag were tightly packed, and it appears likely so from the size of the bag, the clothes would stay folded even if the bag had been pitched from a moving vehicle.

fwiw, not sure it's relevant

The bag had book(s) in it, so I could see the clothes staying folded if tossed. But I think if the bag had been tossed from a moving car containing heavy book(s) it would be evident whether it was placed vs. thrown.

Everything from the press releases suggests they have evidence that it was thrown from a vehicle. I think the "neatly folded" part of the statements is being read into too much. I believe they just meant it wasn't shoved in there.

"Neatly folded" or just "folded" is a completely different thing than "shoved in there". IMO.

I do believe that her purse and phone were "planted" put there and I also believe that whatever/whoever is going on they DID NOT believe it would be this big. I think this case was not expected to have caught the attention that it has. That is just what worries me. Because if there was a chance (and she was kidnapped) the chances now of her being safe..... Does anyone understand what I mean?

IMO, the clothes Sierra left the house in are not the ones that were found "neatly folded" in her Juicy bag.

IMO, Sierra was not forced to undress during the course of a kidnapping - the clothing items are described as being "neatly folded". If she were forced to undress during the course of a kidnapping, the clothing would have more than likely been shoved into the Juicy bag or tossed on the side of the road. Definitely not "neatly folded" into a handbag.

I find it very interesting that one of the few details released by LE is the clothing found in the handbag was "neatly folded".

Whose cage is LE trying to rattle with the release of this info?

I was thinking about fingerprints earlier. So, if they checked her purse for any other finger prints?

I don't know if there is an answer to this - would fingerprints stay on the phone/bag after the pouring rains they had or would it was them away?

I do believe that her purse and phone were "planted" put there and I also believe that whatever/whoever is going on they DID NOT believe it would be this big. I think this case was not expected to have caught the attention that it has. That is just what worries me. Because if there was a chance (and she was kidnapped) the chances now of her being safe..... Does anyone understand what I mean?

The chances of finding an abducted child alive after 48 hours is very slim.

The bag had book(s) in it, so I could see the clothes staying folded if tossed. But I think if the bag had been tossed from a moving car containing heavy book(s) it would be evident whether it was placed vs. thrown.

Everything from the press releases suggests they have evidence that it was thrown from a vehicle. I think the "neatly folded" part of the statements is being read into too much. I believe they just meant it wasn't shoved in there.

"Neatly folded" or just "folded" is a completely different thing than "shoved in there". IMO.

I thought her mother said Sierra would carry books separately from the bag, in which she would put pencils and other stuff?

I agree that LE has a pretty good idea if the bag had been thrown hard as from a moving vehicle or just dropped/placed. At least.

I too have struggled with what "neatly folded" means. Simply "folded" would be enough of a description and sufficient to distinguish from just jammed in there. Curious.

I don't know if there is an answer to this - would fingerprints stay on the phone/bag after the pouring rains they had or would it was them away?
The amount of rain they had wouldn't wash off prints.

Fingerprints are from the oils on your hands. Water doesn't wash off oil. It can sometimes make fingerprints bolder, however.

It'd have to be soaked in water for a while.

Fingerprints are from the oils on your hands. Water doesn't wash off oil. It can sometimes make fingerprints bolder, however.

It'd have to be soaked in water for a while.

Or tumbled around in say mud or a creek where they got more "rubbed" off. Not the case here at all. There should have been clear prints on what they found.

Also fingerprints other than Sierra's could be detected on the inside of the bag.

fwiw

I'm leaning toward the hypothesis that the handbag containing the "neatly folded" clothing items as being staged, as well as the phone.

Sierra has asthma - correct? Was her asthma severe enough that she took her inhaler with her everywhere? It's been reported that her inhaler was found at home.

If she had run away, I think she would have taken her asthma inhaler. Everyone I know who has asthma takes their inhalers with them everywhere they go.

It strikes me that this poor child had had so much stress in her life over the past several years...father an RSO, who had pled guilty to molesting a friend of her sister...Parents divorcing...living with her mom's bf...and then this move.. I'm glad she had been having some therapy, and I hope it helped her... Most of all, I hope she can still be found safe.... MOO

Also fingerprints other than Sierra's could be detected on the inside of the bag.

fwiw

Sooo if the bag only had her prints? She put them there...

I remember a true crime show about a sr citizen found dead in his home and his belt had finger prints from a woman/are giver of his. turns out the finger prints should have been rubbed off as belt put through loops and normal wear, but they were there and fresh cause she had used his belt to drag him somehow.

I'd think the straps of the purse might render similar info.

I'm leaning toward the hypothesis that the handbag containing the "neatly folded" clothing items as being staged, as well as the phone.

Sierra has asthma - correct? Was her asthma severe enough that she took her inhaler with her everywhere? It's been reported that her inhaler was found at home.

If she had run away, I think she would have taken her asthma inhaler. Everyone I know who has asthma takes their inhalers with them everywhere they go.
After driving the area today, I really don't think it was staged. I think they were tossed from the get go. JMO though.

After driving the area today, I really don't think it was staged. I think they were tossed from the get go. JMO though.

Thank you for your insight, sarx. I value your opinion, since you have so much experience in search and rescue.

Can you elaborate on why you don't believe the items were staged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required