Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll also add that the grass is quite tall right now, a few feet off the road and a bag could easily be in it and wouldn't be seen until searchers/LE were combing it. It's deceptive til you step out into it.

The phone I'm gonna bet they used signal to hone in and then it didn't take too long, there are a fair amount of towers out there, so the radius would have been pretty small.
With most smart phones you can txt form another cell phone and it will send an SMS to it's location in the event it is stolen or lost.
An app (Plan B) can be added after the fact by e-mail that will locate it as well. FWIW
http://gpsmaestro.com/never-lose-your-droid/

What is this object behind Sierra's house on the map I sign with "? mark"? Garage?
I can't use 3D now.
Many out of sight places around.
Shouse.jpg

My gosh-- I feel like we are going in circles-- we are.
Neatly folded- tossed-- staged I say LOL but really-- it is driving me crazy.
Are we making it too hard? Is it really something that is simple but we are making it bigger than it needs to be?

If she ran away-- would she really put her things in a field?
If somebody took her and was going to toss her stuff, would they really wait to get to the field and toss?, why not just rip the bag out of her hands toss it on the ground and put her in the car? And the phone?, it wouldn't be in her bag because she of course would be using it at the time, so that could be easily ripped from her hands and tossed to the ground also. Right there in the driveway.

I want to know, because I'm not good at sleuthing like the rest of you: when was her last tweet the night before/or her last social networking post? I know there was a comment her mom turned her phone off at 9:30 or something to that affect.

So when did she last say something to blogging land?

Because I really have this feeling that the stuff in the field was there before the morning she "was missing". I know there was a text and a tweet that morning, but something does not feel right to me.

Now

I am not. implicating. anyone. I am personally just stating my very first impression and one that keeps coming back.

Would that be unusual for a girl? Could she have perhaps been getting ready for a gym class or something?

The only way that would fly, is if she had PE first period and wore her gym clothes to school. But nothing like that has been mentioned.

Mom did say in one of those interviews, that it was routine for her to take a pic before she left for school in the morning, she liked hair and makeup. Which I took to mean Sierra took time in her grooming every morning to look good for school.

I am just throwing out a thought...but ...
If there were fingerprints (other than Sierra's) that were clear enough for LE to put through a data base, and if they found a match with a known criminal, maybe the perp has a profile of eccentricities, like neatly folding clothes of victims.
Maybe this is a message from LE to the perp telling him/them that LE is aware of the ID of the perp and is trying to rattle his/their cage(es). :waitasec:
JMO and MOO

That is along the lines of what I was thinking, though even if the fingerprints didn't point to someone specifically, a FBI profile might cause them to say certain things to attempt to communicate with the perp.

Are we making it too hard? Is it really something that is simple but we are making it bigger than it needs to be?

If somebody took her and was going to toss her stuff, would they really wait to get to the field and toss?, why not just rip the bag out of her hands toss it on the ground and put her in the car? And the phone?, it wouldn't be in her bag because she of course would be using it at the time, so that could be easily ripped from her hands and tossed to the ground also. Right there in the driveway.

I want to know, because I'm not good at sleuthing like the rest of you: when was her last tweet the night before/or her last social networking post? I know there was a comment her mom turned her phone off at 9:30 or something to that affect.

Because I really have this feeling that the stuff in the field was there before the morning she "was missing". I know there was a text and a tweet that morning, but something does not feel right to me.

Now

I am not. implicating. anyone. I am personally just stating my very first impression and one that keeps coming back.

The tweet was from the "web" at 6:29 am.
The txt was from home on her cell to a "friend" at 7:11am
from what I understand.
moo

Now

The reason for not dropping the stuff right at the driveway is that then it would be known sooner likely that she was missing and not of her own accord.
She was on twitter the morning she disappeared.
LE found a text/pic on her phone that she sent at 7:11 I believe that morning. They can tell how long the phone sat in one place, they know when it ended up there.

Okay- so she tweeted and texted just 2 things that morning. If she is anything like my girls, there may have been a few more texts that morning. What are you wearing, did you finish your math... the usual text for girls.

Fingerprints, my question is : if they found somebody else fingerprints but did not have them in a data base, could that be the reason for re-visitng the neighbors? Do they have to sign any papers/statements? fingerprints on those papers?

Here's the thing: one of the few details LE has released is the info about the "neatly folded" clothes (pair of pants & a tee-shirt) found in Sierra's Juicy Couture handbag.

If LE truly believes she's a runaway, they would be releasing more information in an effort to locate her.

I don't think LE believes Sierra is a runaway. I don't think Sierra's mother believes she's a runaway. There has been no mention of an asthma inhaler found (or not found) in her handbag.

Since LE has not released info about what was or wasn't found in Sierra's handbag (other than "neatly folded" clothing), I'm of the opinion that her inhaler wasn't in her purse when it was found.

The absence of expected contents in Sierra's handbag (a favorite handbag she reportedly carried every day) has given LE more information than the presence of expected contents.

If Sierra's asthma inhaler wasn't in her handbag, I'm led to believe that the handbag was staged where it was found. I suspect that LE believes it may have been staged, as well. I believe this is one of the reasons for the second search.

If the handbag was staged - who staged it?

The way they used the word "secreted" when they found the purse is confusing also.

The way they used the word "secreted" when they found the purse is confusing also.

I know. I wonder if someone misinterpreted "secreted" (secrete) when they reported the clothes had urine on them. And, what LE really meant was hidden, "secreted" (secret)?

I think I'm a bit confused as to the impact the bag being hidden versus tossed has on things?
Either way it seems people can argue that she did it (as has already been done on both accounts)
Either way it can be argued that a predator did it.
So, where does this leave us aside from going round and round about how it ended up in the grass/weed/brush/whatever.

Here's the thing: one of the few details LE has released is the info about the "neatly folded" clothes (pair of pants & a tee-shirt) found in Sierra's Juicy Couture handbag.

If LE truly believes she's a runaway, they would be releasing more information in an effort to locate her.

I don't think LE believes Sierra is a runaway. I don't think Sierra's mother believes she's a runaway. There has been no mention of an asthma inhaler found (or not found) in her handbag.

Since LE has not released info about what was or wasn't found in Sierra's handbag (other than "neatly folded" clothing), I'm of the opinion that her inhaler wasn't in her purse when it was found.

The absence of expected contents in Sierra's handbag (a favorite handbag she reportedly carried every day) has given LE more information than the presence of expected contents.
If Sierra's asthma inhaler wasn't in her handbag, I'm led to believe that the handbag was staged where it was found. I suspect that LE believes it may have been staged, as well.
I believe this is one of the reasons for the second search.

If the handbag was staged - who staged it?

This is how I am thinking. IF the inhaler WAS in the bag we are looking at abduction.
since it was NOT in the bag we are looking at run away.

EVEN IF the inhaler was still "at mom's" who's to say she didn't grab the one "at dad's"?

Unless dad didn't have one?! if not she wasn't that bad off.
moo

I think I'm a bit confused as to the impact the bag being hidden versus tossed has on things?
Either way it seems people can argue that she did it (as has already been done on both accounts)
Either way it can be argued that a predator did it.
So, where does this leave us aside from going round and round about how it ended up in the grass/weed/brush/whatever.

To me, regardless of whether it was tossed or hidden doesn't really change things. I don't think she did it herself. I think it just speaks to what type of offender we are looking for.

Retired FBI Agent Offers Insight In Sierra LaMar Case

MORGAN HILL, Calif. - A retired FBI agent talks about the process investigators are using to find missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

Rick Lack was the lead FBI investigator for a missing Seaside girl, Christina Williams. She disappeared in 1998. Seven months later, her body was found on the former Fort Ord. Her story similar to Sierra LaMar's and is drawing the same support from the FBI.

"Is she a runaway? That's possible. Has she been abducted by stranger? That's scary but that's also very possible?," says Lack.

Lack spent 23 years as an FBI agent and worked countless missing persons cases, including Christina Williams. On Monday, he said the FBI is involved because of the possibility a complete stranger abducted Sierra LaMar.

"Christina Williams crossed paths with a human predator," says Lack. "Everyone hopes that's not the case with Sierra LaMar, but it is on the table."

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17261396/retired-fbi-agent-offers-insight-in-lamar-case

Lack didn't say anything we haven't covered in the realm of possibilities
icon12.gif

I still think the offender is female...

I don't think there is anything that points to a female offender. Female offenders are emotional. They would dispose of a body in the same location where the person was killed - it wouldn't be hidden. They wouldn't dispose of the person's belongings in a different place. It would be all together. Also, there would be signs of a struggle because it is unlikely one female could easily over-power another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc