Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are two bags? The handbag and the bag of clothing, plus the cell phone. All found at different locations.

The image is a bit jumbled on my computer. How long after her abduction was this image posted?

Almost at the same time around 11:00 pm on 3/16 it looks like.
at 10:40pm he was asking if she was really missing
11:02 he tweeted about the facebook post and he tweeted the picture of his post from his phone.
I don't want to give the link because it has his full name in it
At 11:13p, he tweeted it could be real (that Sierra WAS missing.)

My point was only to give kudos to LE.
They jumped right in pretty darn FAST!

So there are two bags? The handbag and the bag of clothing, plus the cell phone. All found at different locations.

No, just one - the Juicy Couture handbag. It had the clothing folded neatly within. Phone was found in a different location than the handbag.

IMO I think she was kidnapped by a group of girls. I hope LE checked out whoever was not in school that day. Unfortunately they have to check two high schools. My daughters use to bring extra clothes with them just in case, esp if it was that time of the month.

Prayers for this girl. :praying:

How is one able to deduce who folded the clothes by how they were folded?:waitasec:

I don't get it. The police said the bag with the clothes was 'secreted away' then they say it was by the side of the road and was possibly tossed from a car. Which is it? Two totally different scenarios are implied.

Could LE just have meant "secreted" as in hidden from view...from the road, rather than actually placed there.

If someone had just kidnapped me I might just do more than pee in my pants. No stun gun needed.

If Marlene was telling the truth on NG about not seeing the bag or its contents, I have to wonder why she wasn't allowed to. IMO, people have a particular way of folding clothes. For instance, I can definitely tell the difference in shirts that my mom folded, my ex folded, or my husband folded. That could have been a clue as to whether Sierra packed those clothes, or someone else folded them and placed them in her purse. I think they are keeping a lot of information confidential, so hopefully they did that and just aren't releasing anymore info about it. I wonder, does the military teach a specific way to fold clothes, like they teach "hospital corners" as a way to make a bed? Just a thought.

I think it's because there was something on them or in the bag. At the press conference they said they were unable to comment on this - when the question was asked about urine. If there was nothing on them or in the bag they surely would have said they were neatly folded "clean" clothes.

I agree that the public hasn't been informed of the entire contents of the handbag.

Which brings me back to a nagging question I've had & have recently commented on: LE released info regarding "neatly folded" clothing found inside the handbag.

"Neatly folded" clothing.

Why would LE release that info, and not release info regarding any other contents of the bag (i.e. asthma inhaler)?

I asked this question before, but I'll ask it again:

Whose cage is LE trying to rattle with the release of this info about the "neatly folded" clothing? This is more or less a rhetorical question, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

BBM: I agree ... it is obvious to me that since LE described the clothing as "neatly folded", this is "telling" them something ...

And I do not believe an "abductor" would take the time to fold her clothes so "neatly" ... especially if he was getting rid of Sierra's belongings -- he would just toss them ...

:moo::moo::moo:

I don't think there is anything that points to a female offender. Female offenders are emotional. They would dispose of a body in the same location where the person was killed - it wouldn't be hidden. They wouldn't dispose of the person's belongings in a different place. It would be all together. Also, there would be signs of a struggle because it is unlikely one female could easily over-power another.

I don't know. This makes me think of the ongoing case right here by me, 15yo girl killed from Ennis, TX - had become friends with an 18 yo girl that people told her stay away from. Next thing you know, her burning body is found. So I don't think we can rule out females.

I think Sierra's mom meant she just couldn't think about the clothes. She said "I have no idea as far as the contents or anything like that". I think she meant that she had no idea what conclusion to come to regarding them (just like us).

GRACE: OK. What do you make of the clothes being neatly folded into that Juicy couture pocketbook?

LAMAR: You know, I have -- I have no idea as far as the contents or anything like that. And so I`m not going to guess, you know, but I...

I think as a mother trying to come to conclusions about the contents of the bag is too much. If she's assuming the worst its unbearable (would explain the past tense).
She believed that those were the clothes Sierra was wearing. Finding those along with her cell phone is probably the worst thing before finding a body.

I don't think she meant that she hadn't seen what was in the bag when it was found.

If Marlene was telling the truth on NG about not seeing the bag or its contents, I have to wonder why she wasn't allowed to. IMO, people have a particular way of folding clothes. For instance, I can definitely tell the difference in shirts that my mom folded, my ex folded, or my husband folded. That could have been a clue as to whether Sierra packed those clothes, or someone else folded them and placed them in her purse. I think they are keeping a lot of information confidential, so hopefully they did that and just aren't releasing anymore info about it. I wonder, does the military teach a specific way to fold clothes, like they teach "hospital corners" as a way to make a bed? Just a thought.

BBM: I agree ... they should have showed her how the clothes were folded -- NOT let her "touch" the clothes -- just a "look" may be able to rule in or rule out IF Sierra folds her clothes that way ...

Maybe they did not want to "compromise the investigation" ?

:moo:

Almost at the same time around 11:00 pm on 3/16 it looks like.
at 10:40pm he was asking if she was really missing
11:02 he tweeted about the facebook post and he tweeted the picture of his post from his phone.
I don't want to give the link because it has his full name in it
At 11:13p, he tweeted it could be real (that Sierra WAS missing.)

My point was only to give kudos to LE.
They jumped right in pretty darn FAST!

Shockingly fast.

Hi Guys

Would someone mind explaining to me telephone pings please?

Because I was just wondering - She sent the text just after 7 from her home. Would they know this because of what was in the text message or the actual location of the phone?

Would the police know by now how long the phone had been where it was found? and would they be able to track where it had been in between the text and the phone being found?

Thank you *advertiser censored*

I don't get it. The police said the bag with the clothes was 'secreted away' then they say it was by the side of the road and was possibly tossed from a car. Which is it? Two totally different scenarios are implied.

I believe "secreted away" came from an unnamed source. Found off the road in a ditch came from LE in a presser. I don't think we know the bag was tossed, but it appears to have been. IMO.

Shockingly fast.

Mark Klaas said if you are going to be abducted you want these guys on your side.
I wonder if it's standard protocol now or if something raised the hair on their necks.

The bag and phone are still the only substantial evidence at this point, and it seems like there are a few different opinions as to how they got there.

a)They were "placed" there, which implies they were purposely put in those locations for misdirection of some sort.

There are an endless number of options as to why/who would do this. So many that its hard to speculate based on this. The only option that really stands out to me is that Sierra would have placed them there to either runaway or fake a kidnapping. That just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Also, these areas are out in the open, and not that "rural". It would be pretty risky for someone to stop their car, get out and go place the purse in a "secreted" manner, when they could just as easily throw it.

b)They were thrown from a moving vehicle.
I still think the location of the items, and her normal path are very telling. She was likely picked up at the end of her driveway by someone she at least knew somewhat. (The reason I say this, is that a perp would rather wait until she is away from home in case she gets away so she cant run back in the house and lock the door. Also, neighbors would potentially see a struggle. And her scent was lost at the driveway).

They then traveled toward her bus stop. They made a right (I couldn't tell which direction the bus normally went to school, but it makes sense that it would go the oposite direction toward Monterey Rd.)

At this point Sierra would have known the driver wasn't taking her to school. (Unless the driver convinced her to go elsewhere before school, maybe for some food/coffee? The options are endless. Or its possible she wanted to skip school that day)

And then about 1/2 a mile further her phone was thrown from the car. (Ok, its possible this didn't happen until a later time between then and when the phone was found on saturday, but most likely it happened right then, around 7:30am) Most likely Sierra realized something was not right, and tried to call the Police or her parents. The perp didn't want that to happen, so he/she/they through the pone out the window.

They then made a right on Santa Teresa, and would have been struggling with Sierra at this point. They subdued her after a short while, and then threw her purse out the window.

Thats my opinion at this moment. I dont think the items were placed there at a different time.

I have a second possible opinion though, that I hope is not correct.

The above path of travel and chain of events would lead you to believe that whoever took her would either travel west on Bailey or East toward Highway 101 and Monterey Rd.

Does anyone know if they've spent much time searching West on bailey back by the reservoirs?

If they haven't put much of a search on back there, and the fact that they narrowed in on the area around the house so much leads me to believe the contents of either her purse, phone, or computer suggested to them that a crime may have occured close to home.

I dont like this option, and the first scenario seems more likely, but at this point, its stills seems as if anything is possible.

BBM: I agree ... it is obvious to me that since LE described the clothing as "neatly folded", this is "telling" them something ...

And I do not believe an "abductor" would take the time to fold her clothes so "neatly" ... especially if he was getting rid of Sierra's belongings -- he would just toss them ...

:moo::moo::moo:

FWIW, sex assault victims will take time getting undressed and take even more time to fold their clothes to put off the horrible event that's coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc