Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say from personal experience that a Sheriff is a mouthpiece, you are correct. However, when its a big case, the dept is given strict orders no talking to the press. This order comes from the Sheriff themselves and also the chain of command. When a statement is to be made its either made by the Sheriff or by an appointee, no one talks without the Sheriff telling them exactly what they can and cannot say and if anything is slipped heads will roll.

Exactly and guess who she appointed to be her media officer:

Yep, the one and only, Lt. Troy Smith who spoke to the media stating all three adults have been cleared.

Santa Clara County
Press Contact for Santa Clara County is Lt. Troy Smith 408-808-4905

I agree it would be frustrating to mom if they were confident they had all been cleared and the public wants to divert the attention away from where it needs to be "finding Sierra".

Yes it must be emotionally trying but you think that for the most traumatic time you would have the basic facts straight playing it over and over in your head.

The media reporting has been terrible often conflicting You believe what you hear people say not what others say they said

On that one point they have been very consistent.

I havent seen one media site, including national media that has ever said they werent all cleared and their whereabouts accounted for.

They have all been on the same page and Lt. Troy Smith is the Media Officer they would talk with.

IMO

According to this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SPOTLIGHT CASE CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #6

throwing a 30 pound bundle of papers over the roof is not difficult.

Having watched my own rural newspaper delivery, I totally believe Dewey.

That JC bag is nice and I have no doubt Sierra knew how to cram it to the brim but I'd be incredibly surprised if she were lugging a bag that weighed more than 30 pounds.

Well now the sheriff said the bag was "wedged" another new term for us to dissect...between a building and a cactus, of all things...how does something become "wedged" if tossed, I can't imagine...

This is my first post here, although I have read the forum over the past couple of weeks. I live in San Mateo (north Peninsula, SF Bay Area) so this is big news here. I am very impressed with everyone's posts, comments and theories.

Yes, I watched NG tonight and thought she asked some good questions of the Sheriff and Marlene LaMar. One thing that bothers me: the cell phone and Juicy Couture bag were found almost three weeks ago. Why are they still in the Crime Lab "being analyzed"? Fingerprints don't take much time and DNA can be completed (on a rush basis) w/in two weeks. The silence leads me to believe that clues were found but they won't be made public, if ever.

I strongly feel that LE has told the public very little about the facts surrounding the case. That's fine if they have a "POI" in mind. Poor Marlene -- she knows more from LE and has to juggle between what she may release and what she really wants us to know.

Finally, why has SL's social media been left online? It's easy to get a picture of SL from reading her posts (IMHO, on the wild side for a 15-yr-old). How embarrassing under normal circumstances for her mother!

I pray for Sierra's safe return and find myself feeling better when i read theories that she may have run away. I'm on pins and needles every time the local news comes on. I plan on going on the search tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you were following this case and all of your astute comments and bright minds.

Ann

There are new developments in the search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra Lamar. KRON4 has learned that Lamar’s family has undergone polygraph tests conducted by the FBI. The results of those polygraph tests are not being released. However, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department does confirm to KRON4’s Rob Fladeboe that there are more polygraphs tests pending. Police have said her mother, her mother's boyfriend and her father are not suspects.
http://www.kron.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3606

The family took polys ,so would Rick be family?I have not heard it anywhere that he took a poly.

Yes it must be emotionally trying but you think that for the most traumatic time you would have the basic facts straight playing it over and over in your head.

I dont think she thinks that is a traumatic fact. The traumatic fact is her daughter went missing after 7:11 am in the morning

IMO

There are new developments in the search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra Lamar. KRON4 has learned that Lamar’s family has undergone polygraph tests conducted by the FBI. The results of those polygraph tests are not being released. However, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department does confirm to KRON4’s Rob Fladeboe that there are more polygraphs tests pending. Police have said her mother, her mother's boyfriend and her father are not suspects.

The family took polys ,so would Rick be family?I have not heard it anywhere that he took a poly.

I would think he would be included since they are saying he is not a suspect. LE has said from the very start that all three have been very cooperative in the ongoing investigation.

IMO

What time did Rick Gardiner leave for work? I have been wondering that since Day 1. Marlene doesn't like the question..

Rut-Roh..I don't like the way Marlene is responding to the question...but I have to give MAJOR kudos to Nancy for asking it..You go girl!

Wecome Annie1004! Great first post!!

The way LE seems to be methodically searching specific places tells me they are acting on tips and possibly inside information. No doubt they have more than they are letting on.

I think ML is probably a bit in shock over what she is finding out about her daughter's online activities also. BUT many 15 year olds are at that age where they want to be an adult and fit in with adults but their minds are still so young and immature. I can see a lot of her posts being just that. Trying to be cool and not necessarily out of the norm. I think many parents might be shocked if they found out what their kids are doing online.

Read your own link = mom's boyfriend. In case you missed that.

My stomach turned when I read that when the boyfriend left (before or after Mom) changed. I am getting too soft for this forum I guess. The "wedging" of the purse confuses me too. I just imagined it laying on the side of the road.

There are new developments in the search for missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra Lamar. KRON4 has learned that Lamar’s family has undergone polygraph tests conducted by the FBI. The results of those polygraph tests are not being released. However, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s department does confirm to KRON4’s Rob Fladeboe that there are more polygraphs tests pending. Police have said her mother, her mother's boyfriend and her father are not suspects.http://www.kron.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3606

I bolded the part of your post that addresses that. Yes, I think they would consider him family in this context since he lived with the child.

What time did Rick Gardiner leave for work? I have been wondering that since Day 1. Marlene doesn't like the question..
Rut-Roh..I don't like the way Marlene is responding to this.

I do not recall Rick ever speaking at all ...

If he has, can someone please post a link ?

TIA !

LE has not named anyone as suspects, so saying that the family, are not suspects, does not really "clear" them to me, at this point...especially after listening to the sheriff tonight. I am not saying I believe anyone that close to her was involved, but it seems it is still possible.

As far as the crime lab taking so long...I do not get that either...they should have results on the bag and the phone by now...the sheriff said tonight they do not have any results back at all and that she was not sure when the items were sent in....well, I would hope they were sent in as soon as they were found...

NG Show

Sheriff: ...strong-willed girl. Could be stranger or acquaintance-we're looking at both.

Well now the sheriff said the bag was "wedged" another new term for us to dissect...between a building and a cactus, of all things...how does something become "wedged" if tossed, I can't imagine...

Simple dumb luck maybe, like when a few of us were out golfing and my brother tried to chip his ball through the tree branches to land near the hole, the ball never came out. it stuck somewhere in the crotch of a branch. Chances are it wasn't meant to land there, it just did. JMHO

I thought the bag was found just off the road, wasn't there a photo of the area in the case archive? I didn't see any building or cactus.

Wecome Annie1004! Great first post!!

The way LE seems to be methodically searching specific places tells me they are acting on tips and possibly inside information. No doubt they have more than they are letting on.

I think ML is probably a bit in shock over what she is finding out about her daughter's online activities also. BUT many 15 year olds are at that age where they want to be an adult and fit in with adults but their minds are still so young and immature. I can see a lot of her posts being just that. Trying to be cool and not necessarily out of the norm. I think many parents might be shocked if they found out what their kids are doing online.

I really don't think Marlene knows everything about Sierra online activities yet IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member