Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading everyday here and finally just posting. I have to agree with others that Sierra knew her abductor.

I am happy to hear that LE may have a description of a vehicle, if true. Perhaps LE may even know who the perp is by now.

Whisperer, thank you for describing the area for us!

Whoa...sorry guys,Im a bit behind...but,can someone point me to a link regarding a possible description of the vehicle??? Hmmm...I musta missed that.

Whoa...sorry guys,Im a bit behind...but,can someone point me to a link regarding a possible description of the vehicle??? Hmmm...I musta missed that.

See post 912. Sorry, perhaps I should have worded it differently in that investigators "may have" a description of a vehicle. I did say "if true." And I do hope it is true as it may mean that a perp may be found soon and it may lead to where Sierra is.

I've had an extra early morning due to playing Easter Bunny :)

I just see no evidence that Sierra was planning on running away or even that she planned to skip school that day. She did nothing differently than she had done on other days. Why would she take her books with her when she knew she got home before her mother? She easily could have left them hidden under her bed and got them out when she returned home. Why would she contact a school friend about meeting her concerning school work shortly before she was to leave for school if she was planning on not being there at all? She would lay low hoping everyone at school would think she was out sick for the day, imo.

Her last contact was at 7:11 am..which is consistent with Sierra getting very close to walking out the door to go to the bus stop. Something happened as she walked to the end of her driveway when no contact by her to anyone was ever made again.

Of course Marlene saw her in her PJs but the photo of her dressed for the day was sent at 6:39am and Marlene was enroute to work. So, imo, this is what Sierra was wearing when she left her home.

IMO

I just see no evidence that Sierra was planning on running away or even that she planned to skip school that day. She did nothing differently than she had done on other days. Why would she take her books with her when she knew she got home before her mother? She easily could have left them hidden under her bed and got them out when she returned home. Why would she contact a school friend about meeting her concerning school work shortly before she was to leave for school if she was planning on not being there at all? She would lay low hoping everyone at school would think she was out sick for the day, imo.

Her last contact was at 7:11 am..which is consistent with Sierra getting very close to walking out the door to go to the bus stop. Something happened as she walked to the end of her driveway when no contact by her to anyone was ever made again.

Of course Marlene saw her in her PJs but the photo of her dressed for the day was sent at 6:39am and Marlene was enroute to work. So, imo, this is what Sierra was wearing when she left her home.

IMO

I agree. Also, it seems she was very much into tweeting and connecting with her friends. I just don't see her not contacting anyone after all this time.

I believe she either was abducted (stranger) or she was going to ride with someone she knew to school who she may have trusted and sadly never made it there. The perp known or unknown to her had other plans. IMO

What do we know about the neighbours? Were they all checked out? I keep thinking of poor Jessica Lunsford. She was right next door.

I went to the house today...spent a good amount of time there. I found out that the gate is not used, it is left open. After seeing this scene close up, IMO, there is no way a stranger drove up on that street and snatched Sierra. He would have to be nuts, stark raving nuts! Either the dog was wrong or she was met by a stranger after leaving her street (I keep forgetting the name). Otherwise, my opinion is very strong leading to someone she knows.

There are five little dogs next door that bark at everyone..

I thought the house was secured from view. It is not. In fact, the entire house and front door can be seen by a neighbor. He has a perfect unobstructed view to the driveway and the house. I watched cars drive in and from various homes next to her. I got a pretty good overview of the property. I found some interesting things. There are houses behind houses and they are occupied. There is a path near Sierra's neighbor's house that goes through an orchard and around the corner to the street of Sierra's. Looks to be maybe five houses there. Farm workers reside in them. They walk the path (can't be driven) and talk on the cell phones while walking. Neighbors assume they are calling about work. Then there are some that are suspicious of them. The turnover is very high in farm labor so there is no way to know exactly why they are walking on different days. One neighbor thinks they are walking and talking to their employer to get a ride. I was told it was just one guy walking around there but he has not been seen these past few weeks. That could be for many reasons not necessarily bad.

I tried to catch Tricia but kept missing her. Did not have my computer with me...drats. Spoke with Marc Klass and spent some time with Steve Lamar...both working endless hours. I was impressed with both of these guys.

Hi Whisperer,

Can you expand on your comment regarding the dogs? I must have missed the discussion regarding her dog (??)and neighbour's dogs, etc. Thanks.

Hi, i've been lurking this forum since the summer ever since Lauren Spierer went missing because reading theories and such really interests me. In short, long time lurker, first time poster.

I'd like to provide a little bit of insight on this case, i'm probably one of the youngest members here and perhaps in this thread as well. I'm 18 (studying Crim in September!) and in Sierra's age range.

Being actively involved in social media, i've looked at her tweets and tumblr and what she posts/tweets is nothing out of the ordinary. I've got a significant number of friends that reblog/blog/tweet about drugs and cuss. It is merely a phase and red flags should not be going up because of this.

Being an avid texter, I text at the bus stop to pass time. I have two theories at this point 1) being Sierra was occupied with her phone (surfing the web on her phone or whatever) and that was when the prep had his chance to make his move as Sierra was leaving the driveway. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about the mom's bf.. it would make a whole lot of sense that he was involved in the kidnapping if the scent ended at the driveway.

If you have any teenage questions, i'd be happy to answer them!

:welcome4:

We are the same age. It's always nice to see someone in my age group here. Great first post, keep them coming! :seeya:

See post 912. Sorry, perhaps I should have worded it differently in that investigators "may have" a description of a vehicle. I did say "if true." And I do hope it is true as it may mean that a perp may be found soon and it may lead to where Sierra is.

I've had an extra early morning due to playing Easter Bunny :)

Who does that car allegedly belong to? Someone in the neighbourhood? How would one of her friend's know the make of that car? Did LE reveal that info to locals? TIA

Hi, i've been lurking this forum since the summer ever since Lauren Spierer went missing because reading theories and such really interests me. In short, long time lurker, first time poster.

I'd like to provide a little bit of insight on this case, i'm probably one of the youngest members here and perhaps in this thread as well. I'm 18 (studying Crim in September!) and in Sierra's age range.

Being actively involved in social media, i've looked at her tweets and tumblr and what she posts/tweets is nothing out of the ordinary. I've got a significant number of friends that reblog/blog/tweet about drugs and cuss. It is merely a phase and red flags should not be going up because of this.

Being an avid texter, I text at the bus stop to pass time. I have two theories at this point 1) being Sierra was occupied with her phone (surfing the web on her phone or whatever) and that was when the prep had his chance to make his move as Sierra was leaving the driveway. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about the mom's bf.. it would make a whole lot of sense that he was involved in the kidnapping if the scent ended at the driveway.

Thank you, Canadiansleuth!
I so appreciate your insight on the age range of Sierra!
And, good luck with your education goals!
We (the world) need enthusiastic problem solvers like you!
:welcome::welcome4::welcome4::welcome4::welcome:

Yes Melley you can share your photos here. We have members that are local to cases that do it all the time.

Please be careful. We wouldn't want you out there and have whoever did this to Sierra come upon you and have something to say to you. Outside chance I know but I had to say it :)

Thanks for the description!
Good point, Kat, about being careful.
Perps have been known to even read these very threads, and may be aware of your explorations.

I went to the house today...spent a good amount of time there. I found out that the gate is not used, it is left open. After seeing this scene close up, IMO, there is no way a stranger drove up on that street and snatched Sierra. He would have to be nuts, stark raving nuts! Either the dog was wrong or she was met by a stranger after leaving her street (I keep forgetting the name). Otherwise, my opinion is very strong leading to someone she knows.

I thought the house was secured from view. It is not. In fact, the entire house and front door can be seen by a neighbor. He has a perfect unobstructed view to the driveway and the house. I watched cars drive in and from various homes next to her. I got a pretty good overview of the property. I found some interesting things. There are houses behind houses and they are occupied. There is a path near Sierra's neighbor's house that goes through an orchard and around the corner to the street of Sierra's. Looks to be maybe five houses there. Farm workers reside in them. They walk the path (can't be driven) and talk on the cell phones while walking. Neighbors assume they are calling about work. Then there are some that are suspicious of them. The turnover is very high in farm labor so there is no way to know exactly why they are walking on different days. One neighbor thinks they are walking and talking to their employer to get a ride. I was told it was just one guy walking around there but he has not been seen these past few weeks. That could be for many reasons not necessarily bad.

I tried to catch Tricia but kept missing her. Did not have my computer with me...drats. Spoke with Marc Klass and spent some time with Steve Lamar...both working endless hours. I was impressed with both of these guys.

BBM
The fact that there are dogs living next door who bark, and that there were no reports of dogs barking on the day Sierra disappeared, tells me the perp may just be familiar to the people/dogs that live in the area

Thank you for your detailed descriptions/observations!

------------
My bold on your post above. Thanks for confirming what I have observed about teenagers walking to or being at the bus stop. Here's my post from earlier in this thread:

04-06-2012, 08:37 AM

IMO, oftentimes, these days, teenagers are seen walking along immersed in their phones on the way to the bus stop or at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive, physically alone. It can be distraction, a false sense of security, etc.

I have a tendency to think she had her phone gripped in her hand, and after the perp. had gotten her into a vehicle, the phone was wrested from her, then tossed out. Like some of you said, I also think the perp. didn't have time to go through the purse looking for other devices, so he tossed it out immediately after that.
-----------
Also I bolded your idea about the: end of the driveway scenario.

I'm trying to locate the case, I recall that some years ago, a girl had walked down to the end of the driveway, to get the mail, and someone grabbed her. Anyone else remember that case?

I guess we know that Sierra was not talking to anyone on her phone, or texting, while heading to the bus stop, since the last texts were before she would have left the house. Would LE be able to tell if she was doing something else on her phone? Or did all activity cease at 7:11AM or so, while she was still inside the house?

I saw negative carp about Alex Smith and even MK. :banghead:

I was at the search center from 7am to 8:30 when we went out yesterday. I saw Michelle LE brother many times he was the one that lead Alex and the other 49ers yesterday on their search. Not once in that time did I see any of the 49 ers .i did talk to someone on the team I was on who spoke to them early on. They told them not about us about finding clues to find Sierra.
So as far as Iam concerned the media can talk all the carp they want.i dont see them knocking down the bushes looking for clues.

canadiansleuth:

You mentioned that teenagers often use cuss words in their communications. I was pretty much somewhat taken aback when I have overheard teenagers using the words: rape, stalking in a joking, casual, sarcastic manner in everyday conversation. I mentioned this to school administrators, but it's basically ignored as common and everyday jargon outside of the classroom.

The problem I have with this, is that a predator could join in a conversation online and pretend to be a teenager, thus blending in. That is where my concern is.

canadiansleuth:

You mentioned that teenagers often use cuss words in their communications. I was pretty much somewhat taken aback when I have overheard teenagers using the words: rape, stalking in a joking, casual, sarcastic manner in everyday conversation. I mentioned this to school administrators, but it's basically ignored as common and everyday jargon outside of the classroom.

The problem I have with this, is that a predator could join in a conversation online and pretend to be a teenager, thus blending in. That is where my concern is.

I don't know much about social media, but wonder if there is a way the perverts could even do keyword searches for girls who are talking about certain things and zero in on them...

I want to thank you for posting this. For taking the time and effort to do this... The information in your post is fantastic. Couple of questions :

The neighbor with the 5 little barky dogs. Is that the same neighbor where the path is that leads to the farm worker houses around the corner ? Would the dogs in that house be familiar with the comings and goings of the farm workers ?

The gate . I have seen a pic with it closed,but will assume that the pic was taken after Sierra went missing.If it was habitually left open, it would have been easy to get up to the house. Is there a side entrance,say a kitchen door ? Any entrance to the house which is not clearly visible to the neighbor ?
Wonder if that neighbor was home that morning ?

I get the impression that some neighbors think the workers might be involved in more than just seeking work when they are talking on their cell phones. That correct ?

Thanks again.... JMO

I want to thank you for posting this. For taking the time and effort to do this... The information in your post is fantastic. Couple of questions :

The neighbor with the 5 little barky dogs. Is that the same neighbor where the path is that leads to the farm worker houses around the corner ? Would the dogs in that house be familiar with the comings and goings of the farm workers ?

The gate . I have seen a pic with it closed,but will assume that the pic was taken after Sierra went missing.If it was habitually left open, it would have been easy to get up to the house. Is there a side entrance,say a kitchen door ? Any entrance to the house which is not clearly visible to the neighbor ?
Wonder if that neighbor was home that morning ?

I get the impression that some neighbors think the workers might be involved in more than just seeking work when they are talking on their cell phones. That correct ?

Thanks again.... JMO
-----------
This gets me thinking again to the trafficking angle. If you read the accounts of young women in Mexico who were kidnapped and used as prostitutes for the field workers, well then, you would understand what I'm referring to.

Maybe the abductors have shifted to kidnapping girls from the U.S. and taking them across the border. It makes sense from a distancing perspective.

I know LE hardly ever talks about results of polygraphs, but I can't help wondering when they say they are not releasing the results...why not release the results if everyone passed? Just wondering...JMO

Red flags do need to go up when someone who is 15-years-old is talking about drugs, sex, stalking, depression, etc. A 15-year-old is a CHILD. They really don't even have any business having a boyfriend, at all, much less even thinking about sex.

That isn't normal behavior for a kid. Saying it is ok and normal is what causes things like teen pregnancy and yes, even makes these types of crimes easier for a perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member