Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the building and cactus where the bag was found. It is about one tenth of a mile NW *** edited - it is NE *** of ST on Laguna. Now I see there is no way a bag could be thrown from ST. Whoever did that had to turn onto Laguna, get out of the car, put it between the building and the cactus then get back in their car. Also, they would have to go back the same direction they came - so back toward ST. Laguna (Fisher) dead ends at the railroad tracks with no crossing. There is some fenced in business and one mobile home on the other side at the end. There are a couple of side streets with large homes, but no other way out than back to ST.

FWIW and just my opinion of what I saw.

Thank you, Melley! It is great to have first-hand info! How far would you say they would have had to walk to put the bag there and what kind of building?
Haven't read later posts so hopefully I am not repeating someone else's questions!

Checked out the building on Google street view. I am assuming it is the one on the north side of Laguna because you said the "higher" one. Maybe he took her inside that building then discarded the bag on the way out? Would there have been a place to hide the car inside or behind the building? Does look pretty close to the street though and not that hidden. Sorry, I'm a day late and a dime short but...what old videos Melley?

IHAVENOCLUE, Melley left us. =( Must be decorating Easter Eggs.

Hi, i've been lurking this forum since the summer ever since Lauren Spierer went missing because reading theories and such really interests me. In short, long time lurker, first time poster.

I'd like to provide a little bit of insight on this case, i'm probably one of the youngest members here and perhaps in this thread as well. I'm 18 (studying Crim in September!) and in Sierra's age range.

Being actively involved in social media, i've looked at her tweets and tumblr and what she posts/tweets is nothing out of the ordinary. I've got a significant number of friends that reblog/blog/tweet about drugs and cuss. It is merely a phase and red flags should not be going up because of this.

Being an avid texter, I text at the bus stop to pass time. I have two theories at this point 1) being Sierra was occupied with her phone (surfing the web on her phone or whatever) and that was when the prep had his chance to make his move as Sierra was leaving the driveway. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about the mom's bf.. it would make a whole lot of sense that he was involved in the kidnapping if the scent ended at the driveway.

If you have any teenage questions, i'd be happy to answer them!

Thank you, Melley! It is great to have first-hand info! How far would you say they would have had to walk to put the bag there and what kind of building?
Haven't read later posts so hopefully I am not repeating someone else's questions!

Someone could park their car right there... kind of a gravely driveway... walked a few feet. I don't know what the building used to be, definitely not a house or home. A long wood and aluminum (?) structure, tin roof... maybe something for livestock? It is totally rusted out. Same with the smaller one across the street. I don't know how to save or link maps, but if you google map "laguna ave, Morgan Hill, CA" it will be the first building to the right of the Santa Teresa/Laguna intersection to the right and above the street. From that you can see some kind of covered shed and water in the back. Please let me know if this helps.

Hi, i've been lurking this forum since the summer ever since Lauren Spierer went missing because reading theories and such really interests me. In short, long time lurker, first time poster.

I'd like to provide a little bit of insight on this case, i'm probably one of the youngest members here and perhaps in this thread as well. I'm 18 (studying Crim in September!) and in Sierra's age range.

Being actively involved in social media, i've looked at her tweets and tumblr and what she posts/tweets is nothing out of the ordinary. I've got a significant number of friends that reblog/blog/tweet about drugs and cuss. It is merely a phase and red flags should not be going up because of this.

Being an avid texter, I text at the bus stop to pass time. I have two theories at this point 1) being Sierra was occupied with her phone (surfing the web on her phone or whatever) and that was when the prep had his chance to make his move as Sierra was leaving the driveway. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about the mom's bf.. it would make a whole lot of sense that he was involved in the kidnapping if the scent ended at the driveway.

Welcome to WS...always especially helpful to hear from people in the same age group as the victim.

I also wonder if she would have headphones on, as her best friend said she was crazy about music. But no one has mentioned a missing headset, as far as I know. ALL the kids I see walking around my area, which is near a high school, have their ears covered all the time...amazing they are not hit by cars more often...they don't even notice if a car stops right next to them. So she may have been totally off-guard...or she may have taken a ride with someone she knew.

I wish we knew if it was unusual for her to text a photo in the AM. I am guessing probably not, since teens seem to take photos of themselves all the time, but if it was a first, it would be interesting.

First off, :welcome::fireworks:

Good post. I love seeing young people here. I am so glad to hear what you say about her online stuff. My DD is 19, and when she was 15 and 16 some of her 'statuses' etc used to freak me out. :eek: Then I would ask her and she would show me they were hip hop lyrics or lines from Sex and The City, lol.

That made it all seem much more tame. :what:

Welcome to WS...always especially helpful to hear from people in the same age group as the victim.

I also wonder if she would have headphones on, as her best friend said she was crazy about music. But no one has mentioned a missing headset, as far as I know. ALL the kids I see walking around my area, which is near a high school, have their ears covered all the time...amazing they are not hit by cars more often...they don't even notice if a car stops right next to them. So she may have been totally off-guard...or she may have taken a ride with someone she knew.

I wish we knew if it was unusual for her to text a photo in the AM. I am guessing probably not, since teens seem to take photos of themselves all the time, but if it was a first, it would be interesting.

Thank you!

You're bringing a great point up with the music. I always have my earphones in and I can pretty vulnerable since everything going on is blocked out.

This whole case is so perplexing but it seems as if the LE has a good idea as to what they're doing.

Checked out the building on Google street view. I am assuming it is the one on the north side of Laguna because you said the "higher" one. Maybe he took her inside that building then discarded the bag on the way out? Would there have been a place to hide the car inside or behind the building? Does look pretty close to the street though and not that hidden. Sorry, I'm a day late and a dime short but...what old videos Melley?

Sorry posted at the same time. Old news video(s) that have been posted here... someone pointed out the cactus in the background and linked it, it was from late March... old video.

I don't think you could actually go inside of those buildings. They seemed to be falling apart and rotting from the inside out. I can take pics, but am I even allowed to share those here?

Sorry posted at the same time. Old news video(s) that have been posted here... someone pointed out the cactus in the background and linked it, it was from late March... old video.

I don't think you could actually go inside of those buildings. They seemed to be falling apart and rotting from the inside out. I can take pics, but am I even allowed to share those here?

Thanks, Melley. I wouldn't see why you can't share pictures. But someone else probably knows better than me. You said the road is a dead end. Were there any abandoned buildings structurally in better shape at the end of the road that he could have hidden a car, taken her into, then on the way back to ST discarded the bag?

Someone could park their car right there... kind of a gravely driveway... walked a few feet. I don't know what the building used to be, definitely not a house or home. A long wood and aluminum (?) structure, tin roof... maybe something for livestock? It is totally rusted out. Same with the smaller one across the street. I don't know how to save or link maps, but if you google map "laguna ave, Morgan Hill, CA" it will be the first building to the right of the Santa Teresa/Laguna intersection to the right and above the street. From that you can see some kind of covered shed and water in the back. Please let me know if this helps.

not sure if this will work but is this the right area and property?

Fullscreen+capture+08-Apr-12+32033+PM.bmp.jpg

closer

Fullscreen+capture+08-Apr-12+32019+PM.bmp.jpg

and the closest street view

Fullscreen+capture+08-Apr-12+32156+PM.bmp.jpg

Thank you!

You're bringing a great point up with the music. I always have my earphones in and I can pretty vulnerable since everything going on is blocked out.

This whole case is so perplexing but it seems as if the LE has a good idea as to what they're doing.

They do seem more organized and energetic than some cases we've seen. But I am really hoping they have, if not a suspect, at least an idea of a suspect by now, as it is getting close to the time when we normally see the searching start to wind down, and then they search only when new tips come in. There are a few similar cases here that have occurred in about the past year (Holly Bobo, Katelyn Markham, Lauren Spierers, for three) that started out with lots of activity and searching, but have since gone seemingly cold, and all three remain missing, with no known suspects. It can be very disheartening. Really hoping the items found provide usable evidence, as it is more than they have had in some other cases.

Ozazure, yep that is it. You can even see the cactus from those views.

Yes, you can! I think LE knows that no one tossed the bag out the window and it landed between the building and the cactus. Really didn't work very hard at concealing it I would say.

From the video it looked more overgrown around the buildings. Do you think the bag was visible from the street?

Thanks for locating the actual spot and thanks to ozazure for the visuals. Seeing them creeps me out though.

Plumeria, I think those buildings were definitely the worst on the street, nothing else stood out to me as being abandoned. Actually there are some really nice homes there... like this one for sale on one of those side streets I mentioned. I noticed the for sale sign when I was there and looked it up... http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/CA/City/Morgan_Hill/ListingId/18072379.html

Wow! A million dollar home in that area! (Well, $750,000. Zillow says a million.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20