Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can! I think LE knows that no one tossed the bag out the window and it landed between the building and the cactus. Really didn't work very hard at concealing it I would say.

Yes I can't see it landing there from being thrown from a car at all. The back of the building looks like a veranda, open sided. Would it be somewhere driving teens, young adults, would go to have some privacy, shelter, hangout to drink or do drugs?

It's a moderate attempt to hide it. Not thrown from the car, more effort than that but not a lot more. Done pretty quickly I'd say. They'd know if there was careful ground searches it'd be found but it may stay there unnoticed for awhile in normal circumstances. I keep coming back to the opinion it was returned later, Sierra in a car by deception or force, phone thrown straight away, crime against Sierra, Sierra left where the bag cannot stay with her, so brought back to somewhere close by but secluded enough to dispose of it unobserved. Unless of course the previous cleared folks and the disjointed timeline come back into play.

They do seem more organized and energetic than some cases we've seen. But I am really hoping they have, if not a suspect, at least an idea of a suspect by now, as it is getting close to the time when we normally see the searching start to wind down, and then they search only when new tips come in. There are a few similar cases here that have occurred in about the past year (Holly Bobo, Katelyn Markham, Lauren Spierers, for three) that started out with lots of activity and searching, but have since gone seemingly cold, and all three remain missing, with no known suspects. It can be very disheartening. Really hoping the items found provide uselss evidence, as it is more than they have had in some other cases.
Cluciano, I'm only really familiar with Holly's case of these 3. There are certainly some similarities between Holly's and Sierra's, but how about the other 2? Any connections that could possibly be made?

From the video it looked more overgrown around the buildings. Do you think the bag was visible from the street?

Thanks for locating the actual spot and thanks to ozazure for the visuals. Seeing them creeps me out though.

No i don't think it would be visible from the street, based on the "between the building and cactus" that I heard. It is totally overgrown.

No i don't think it would be visible from the street, based on the "between the building and cactus" that I heard. It is totally overgrown.

Is it more overgrown than in the Google Street views and bird's eye view?
Google could have taken those shots in the winter when it was more barren.

Cluciano, I'm only really familiar with Holly's case of these 3. There are certainly some similarities between Holly's and Sierra's, but how about the other 2? Any connections that could possibly be made?

With Lauren, she basically vanished while walking about 1-2 blocks from a friend's home to her dorm...and with Katelyn she was last known to be inside her apartment, and then...poof. Holly's case probably is most similar in several ways. Katelyn is a little older, 22 I think and her boyfriend was the last known to be with her, but is not a suspect as far as we know. Nothing of hers was every found. Lauren may have been intoxicated and even barefoot, as she had been out for the evening at her college pub, parties, etc..her shoes and phone were left at the bar and there are some thoughts that her group of friends know more than they are telling. In each of the cases, the organized searches pretty much ended after a few weeks.

Also, Alexandria Lowitzer from TX...it has been two years now, she was 16, and vanished after getting off the school bus. No reason at all to run away, very social, lots of friends and activites. No sign of her at all. :(

So there was an attempt to hide it. I still think it's someone local who knew about the area, not someone from Fremont.

Is it more overgrown than in the Google Street views and bird's eye view?
Google could have taken those shots in the winter when it was more barren.

I think yes it is more overgrown... way more. When I google map my own house (maybe 7 or 8 miles from there) I see a car parked in my driveway that I traded in almost 2 years ago.

However, since you have all raised my attention to detail I will go back, probably not tomorrow since it is Easter, but in the next two or three days so I can pay closer attention. Without my backseat driver for sure.

Yes Melley you can share your photos here. We have members that are local to cases that do it all the time.

Please be careful. We wouldn't want you out there and have whoever did this to Sierra come upon you and have something to say to you. Outside chance I know but I had to say it :)

Thanks for the description!

I went to the house today...spent a good amount of time there. I found out that the gate is not used, it is left open. After seeing this scene close up, IMO, there is no way a stranger drove up on that street and snatched Sierra. He would have to be nuts, stark raving nuts! Either the dog was wrong or she was met by a stranger after leaving her street (I keep forgetting the name). Otherwise, my opinion is very strong leading to someone she knows.

There are five little dogs next door that bark at everyone..

I thought the house was secured from view. It is not. In fact, the entire house and front door can be seen by a neighbor. He has a perfect unobstructed view to the driveway and the house. I watched cars drive in and from various homes next to her. I got a pretty good overview of the property. I found some interesting things. There are houses behind houses and they are occupied. There is a path near Sierra's neighbor's house that goes through an orchard and around the corner to the street of Sierra's. Looks to be maybe five houses there. Farm workers reside in them. They walk the path (can't be driven) and talk on the cell phones while walking. Neighbors assume they are calling about work. Then there are some that are suspicious of them. The turnover is very high in farm labor so there is no way to know exactly why they are walking on different days. One neighbor thinks they are walking and talking to their employer to get a ride. I was told it was just one guy walking around there but he has not been seen these past few weeks. That could be for many reasons not necessarily bad.

I tried to catch Tricia but kept missing her. Did not have my computer with me...drats. Spoke with Marc Klass and spent some time with Steve Lamar...both working endless hours. I was impressed with both of these guys.

I went to the house today...spent a good amount of time there. I found out that the gate is not used, it is left open. After seeing this scene close up, IMO, there is no way a stranger drove up on that street and snatched Sierra. He would have to be nuts, stark raving nuts! Either the dog was wrong or she was met by a stranger after leaving her street (I keep forgetting the name). Otherwise, my opinion is very strong leading to someone she knows.

There are five little dogs next door that bark at everyone..

I thought the house was secured from view. It is not. In fact, the entire house and front door can be seen by a neighbor. He has a perfect unobstructed view to the driveway and the house. I watched cars drive in and from various homes next to her. I got a pretty good overview of the property. I found some interesting things. There are houses behind houses and they are occupied. There is a path near Sierra's neighbor's house that goes through an orchard and around the corner to the street of Sierra's. Looks to be maybe five houses there. Farm workers reside in them. They walk the path (can't be driven) and talk on the cell phones while walking. Neighbors assume they are calling about work. Then there are some that are suspicious of them. The turnover is very high in farm labor so there is no way to know exactly why they are walking on different days. One neighbor thinks they are walking and talking to their employer to get a ride. I was told it was just one guy walking around there but he has not been seen these past few weeks. That could be for many reasons not necessarily bad.

I tried to catch Tricia but kept missing her. Did not have my computer with me...drats. Spoke with Marc Klass and spent some time with Steve Lamar...both working endless hours. I was impressed with both of these guys.

Whisperer! Thanks for sharing! Could you tell us where those 5 houses are? I will look at the bird's eye view and see if I see them.

I didn't have a map with me or a computer. I was driving blind from memory (don't recommend that). There are several tiny houses behind Paque empana (sp?) If you are looking straight on to Sierra's, they would be to your left, behind the very beautiful large and perfectly landscaped home.

There are people that live on both sides of her house (which I didn't know). I saw cars driving into places where I didn't see a house but the neighbor said there was one there...lol.

Thank you all for the reports from the ground! :highfive:

If you do happen to run into Tricia, give her my love! :blowkiss:

I didn't have a map with me or a computer. I was driving blind from memory (don't recommend that). There are several houses behind Paque empana (sp?) If you are looking straight on to Sierra's, they would be to your left, behind the very beautiful large and perfectly landscaped home. They are not the only houses, however. The ones I can speak of are in an Orchard. There is no driveway. There is a dirt path, obscured from view.

I don't know what I can share and what I can't. I don't know what shows up on the map. If you tell me what you see maybe I will be able to confirm it. I am a little scared to say too much. I don't know if a particular house or a group of tiny houses there has been reported on or not.

There are so many additional buildings all around the area from the view on google maps. I'm assuming the orchard you refer to is behind the houses on the opposite side of the court to Sierra's house? Looks a bit run down as well. Thanks for what you could share!

Looks like there are paths that run alongside her home. Is there a gate at the end of the road near her house to block people from entering her street or was it partly open like on the map?

Sierra's house has an electronic gate between the two white pillars. They don't use it as the gate is always open.

There is another iron gate though which leads to an area behind the house. that one was closed but, I saw it open today

No gate at the bottom of street, just at the end of the cul-de-sac. There appears to be three houses with iron gates...Sierra's and the neighbors on each side of her.

Thank you all for the reports from the ground! :highfive:

If you do happen to run into Tricia, give her my love! :blowkiss:
If I run into Tricia, I was hoping to bring her a bottle of Chardonnay and welcome her to Wine Country...LOL

Whisperer, thank you for your eyewitness report.
What is the buzz on the street? Do people seem to think any theory in particular? I doubt anyone believes she ran away. Do they think it was random or someone she knows? Any idea?

I've been reading everyday here and finally just posting. I have to agree with others that Sierra knew her abductor.

I am happy to hear that LE may have a description of a vehicle, if true. Perhaps LE may even know who the perp is by now.

Whisperer, thank you for describing the area for us!

I was just going to wonder the same thing...she did take photos and send them on other mornings, on any kind of a regular basis? Or just this particular morning?

I will start by saying that I do not think Sierra is a "runaway" but still consider it possible that she was planning to skip school that day. However, if she WAS planning to run away, posting the picture that morning, then leaving in other clothes but taking the clothes from the photo and her Juicy purse with her and stashing them would be consistent with trying to conceal herself. If there was a photo posted by my daughter in a certain outfit 30 minutes before she left home, and those clothes were NOT on the floor of her room, I would assume she had them on and my report to police would describe her as wearing that outfit.

It is fortunate that even in the earliest information we were given, they were clear that she was last seen in pajamas, but MAY HAVE BEEN WEARING the outfit in the photo.

Can someone tell me where they found her red Converse, and how they determined she vanished while wearing grey shoes since they have no clue as to any of the other items she had on?

Good morning, just wanted to say a Happy Easter to those that celebrate it today, and a special thank you to the people on this forum, in particular those who have been on the ground and out searching for Sierra, the info you provide is invaluable. And maybe, we each can say a small prayer for Sierra and her family, it cannot be an easy day for them.

Also, have been looking at the maps more and more, and have possibly found some interesting things, will post later. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust