Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bag carrying habits are impossible for strangers to know - both her mother and the bus driver said she would carry books, so it is entirely possible that she could have left with what's been found IMO - the relevance can only be known in comparison with her usual pattern of conduct. Same with guessing about how ready she was for school in that photo, she is turned out in varying degrees in her pictures, her friends and family would know what standard of dress she would go to school with. Similarly I assume her phone records would show if her activity that morning was a once off, infrequent or common and be helpful, but we don't know.

I don't think the building is throwing distance from the road? I still vote for deliberately placed there under the cover of darkness. Was it by someone who doesn't care if the stuff is found, just as long as they aren't found on them? Or someone who could fit into Smooth Operator's theory? (snipped concerns about how the bag was found, I mixed it up)

I am really most concerned with the timeline now. Another case where it'd be gold to get your hands on the cell phone records of all involved.

The bag wasn't found by a lone searcher. The handcuff box and condoms were.

Just want to clear that one up before it grows legs.

I hate to change the topic here and maybe this was brought up along time ago but I was looking at her twitter account. On March 2nd she discusses going on snowboarding trip for that weekend at a cabin. She is complaining about going saying she doesn't want to be in a cabin full of psychos. I wonder if this was a rented cabin or someone owned it and where it may be. Does anyone know of the snowboarding locations near there?

Also, on March 12th at 7:28 am, the time she would be getting on the bus she tweets this statement: If you see that cuban guy make sure he knows I got a picture of him cause he s**ts over there. Yeah I know about i......

That was the last of it and the other persons account is I beleive set to private.

Just to clarify, that tweet is a RT of someone else's tweet, not her own words.

The bag wasn't found by a lone searcher. The handcuff box and condoms were.

Just want to clear that one up before it grows legs.

Thanks! I will go back and edit :) Was the bag found in an organised search?

I was just reading that Sierra was/is wearing a Sharks Sweatshirt with a logo on back "Stonehouse" #16. It is on a poster.

This particular Jersey is expensive. I just looked it up and it retails for $159. I doubt this jersey was inside the Juicy Bag. It is bulky. I wish someone would tell us if this is still in the house or not. It would be a great identifier. We would then know she is wearing a different outfit then what was in the bag.

Did Marlene report Sierra missing and if so, did she call 911 to do so? Do we know? I couldn't find the answer in the timeline thread, but I may have overlooked it. Are 911 calls in California usually released to the public?

Was thinking that maybe it could be a girl who lured her into a vehicle.

Remember the Shauna Newell case, 2008? She was befriended in school by another girl. It turned out that girl asked her to go make some money cleaning condos with her "supposed" father. They ended up drugging her and keeping her prisoner in a house, selling her to men to be brutalized and raped. Trying to get the story link.

Wondering if Sierra, one of her siblings, or friends could have had an online or in-person acquaintance with an older teenage girl who found out about Sierra and said she wanted to give her a lift to school or something. Maybe let her guard down.

Maybe it's me, but I don't believe she was wearing those clothes and was forced to remove them...

Ditto! Me too! Her text to a friend said to bring something to school. Maybe it was a change of clothes.

I mentioned the fingerprints not the DNA and i don't recall her being asked for an exact date. She should as a sheriff have a general idea of how long the results should take. This a high profile case so i would expect them to move things along quickly. IMO

SMITH: All of the evidence is being processed, and I know that they`re looking for fingerprint also. And we haven`t gotten any results for the crime lab yet. And we`re anxiously awaiting that.

GRACE: How long has it been?

SMITH: I`m not certain when they were sent to the lab. So I`m not sure how long.

GRACE: Well, you know to you, Woody Tripp. Typically, they would be sent immediately. And you can tell on a fingerprint analysis whether you`ve been able to pick up latent prints immediately. Explain how you do it.

WOODROW TRIPP, FORMER POLICE COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Absolutely, Nancy. With fingerprints, unlike DNA, it can be almost immediate. It`s just a matter of retrieving the prints and then processing them by a fingerprint examiner. That examiner will immediately look at them. O

Thought alot about the fingerprints while not online and wondering about the value of the print results. It seems that there are two items where there are fingerprints that might indicate something, one is the cell phone and the other is the schools books, the point of discussion the other night. Leaving the cell aside, there are reasons why someone other that SL's prints would be on the books - mom or mom's boyfriend maybe clearing them from dinner table day, sis or her father if she had the books with her when she visited. Even a friend if they borrowed it and took it home and maybe even a family member of a friend who borrowed the book, or teachers from school. Prints of relatives or acquaintances could be explained by reason. The only really valuable result would be prints from someone totally unexpected and point the finger at them (pun intended).

After looking up that Jersey, it's pretty obvious it wasn't in that bag. Since there is no forensic indicating those clothes in the bag were recently worn, I will conclude the Juicy Bag clothes are misleading....and perhaps on purpose.

Thought alot about the fingerprints while not online and wondering about the value of the print results. It seems that there are two items where there are fingerprints that might indicate something, one is the cell phone and the other is the schools books, the point of discussion the other night. Leaving the cell aside, there are reasons why someone other that SL's prints would be on the books - mom or mom's boyfriend maybe clearing them from dinner table day, sis or her father if she had the books with her when she visited. Even a friend if they borrowed it and took it home and maybe even a family member of a friend who borrowed the book, or teachers from school. Prints of relatives or acquaintances could be explained by reason. The only really valuable result would be prints from someone totally unexpected and point the finger at them (pun intended).

exactly.. And I don't think LE found any unexpected prints..therefore they are kind of stumped....IMO

Marlene said at one time that the clothes in the bag were what she thinks Sierra had on that day or in that picture she sent.

We need some elaboration on this....as I don't believe that the sweat jersey described was in that bag.

I think if there were any angry, jealous, females it would have popped out to LE in her social media. Her friends would know if there was some sort of tift going on and they would have investigated that in the beginning.

I am not convinced those were the cloths that she was wearing that day. I still think they may have been a spare set, taken from the dresser drawers.

I think if someone wanted to make it appear she ran away or was abducte(d as mentioned earlier, they would have left the stuff tossed in plain sight.

Only regarding the above BBM..
NO.. NO.. NO
nono.gif

Moo but its common sense that the perp is going to want time and distance to beable to be between themselves and the bag(which equals discovering Sierra's missing) ..so while IMO it was imperative that this bag with clothes and books was to be found in order to help point to an abduction on the way to school or possible runaway.. BUT THEY COULD NOT HAVE IT DISCOVERED BEFORE BEING ABLE TO PUT TIME AND DISTANCE BETWEEN THEMSELVES AND THE CRIME.. with the phone no problem as its the size of ones hand thrown off the side of the road into brush and weeds easily concealed for the time being.. the bag not so easy.. as if its tossed off to the side of the road its very much large enough and colorful enough to be much more easily spotted..

So what's the smart thing to do? ..to place it somewhere where its hidden plenty enough to know it won't be immediately found.. but yet in a very very close radius to the home as well as even closer radius to the phone and knowing that upon searching it'd be found..

If he/she put the bag in "plain sight", as you state above, it would have been counterproductive to ensuring the perp had plenty of time to put the necessary time and distance between himself and the crime.. as well as to likely build an alibi.. the plain sight dump was not an option.. there was a very deliberate reason that the bag and books were placed on the side of that building..

I was just reading that Sierra was/is wearing a Sharks Sweatshirt with a logo on back "Stonehouse" #16. It is on a poster.

This particular Jersey is expensive. I just looked it up and it retails for $159. I doubt this jersey was inside the Juicy Bag. It is bulky. I wish someone would tell us if this is still in the house or not. It would be a great identifier. We would then know she is wearing a different outfit then what was in the bag.

Yes - that sweatshirt/jersey is bulky. IMO, there's no way it would fit in a handbag, no matter how neatly folded, and then also fit a pair of pants in there with it.

Another thing: I wonder if the Stonehouse #16 info is accurate? I haven't found any player on the San Jose Sharks roster (past or present) by the name of Stonehouse.

ETA: The #16 jersey is Setoguchi's jersey number.

Only regarding the above BBM..
NO.. NO.. NO
nono.gif

Moo but its common sense that the perp is going to want time and distance to beable to be between themselves and the bag(which equals discovering Sierra's missing) ..so while IMO it was imperative that this bag with clothes and books was to be found in order to help point to an abduction on the way to school or possible runaway.. BUT THEY COULD NOT HAVE IT DISCOVERED BEFORE BEING ABLE TO PUT TIME AND DISTANCE BETWEEN THEMSELVES AND THE CRIME.. with the phone no problem as its the size of ones hand thrown off the side of the road into brush and weeds easily concealed for the time being.. the bag not so easy.. as if its tossed off to the side of the road its very much large enough and colorful enough to be much more easily spotted..

So what's the smart thing to do? ..to place it somewhere where its hidden plenty enough to know it won't be immediately found.. but yet in a very very close radius to the home as well as even closer radius to the phone and knowing that upon searching it'd be found..

If he/she put the bag in "plain sight", as you state above, it would have been counterproductive to ensuring the perp had plenty of time to put the necessary time and distance between himself and the crime.. as well as to likely build an alibi.. the plain sight dump was not an option.. there was a very deliberate reason that the bag and books were placed on the side of that building..

Plus if the bag was in plain sight, someone else might have just happened to see it and taken it...

Marlene said at one time that the clothes in the bag were what she thinks Sierra had on that day or in that picture she sent.

We need some elaboration on this....as I don't believe that the sweat jersey described was in that bag.

It was originally described as a t-shirt. I'm sure there are links stating that.

This appears to me to be a handbag.

Sierra is shown in a photo with that same color pink SHOULDER strap.

So how can we be sure this is the same one?

It is possible that Sierra had more than one JC bag. The others are accounted for, the handbag pictured is the one that was missing and then found on Sunday.

Can someone point me to the link that the mom was smelling a sock? is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger