Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
per radio show: BD says too early to tell if used condoms and cuffs related. They currently being tested.

Adding this from same link:

COSBY: Sheriff Lamar (sic) Smith, I have to ask you. Do we know for sure -- we know that the dogs picked up the scent. Do we know for sure she left the house because it`s my understanding that everyone left the house before Sierra, is that right?

SMITH: That is correct.

COSBY: So is it possible that someone broke into the house, took her from the home? Do we know that someone, if, say, somebody took her, do we know that it wasn`t just in the home, that it could have been somewhere else? What do we know?

SMITH: We don`t know. There`s no forced entry in the home. The doors were locked. That`s why we believe it was outside the home. But if this was -- is an abduction, it doesn`t make any difference if it was in front of her house, inside of her house, and that`s why we`re putting the resources.

Well, I posted a few threads back that alien abduction had been ruled out but now I have to wonder... <just kidding>

right. So what happens if the last time Sierra walked out of that house was the night before?

The perp could have attacked her in her own home,, and carried her out that morning..

I'm not sure how the time stamped photo of her that morning would work in that case? I mean anyone can send a text and a tweet pretending to be her but it wouldn't be so easy to fake the photo... I'm guessing not impossible but wouldn't be easy no?

Whether the books were tossed or someone walked over and placed them there...neither scenario tells me much of anything. JMO

It does to me. Tossing would indicate they didn't care if LE found it or not. Placing it would indicate that they wanted to leave clues behind and left them purposely and perhaps the location is an indication of where Sierra may be. I think she's close by. I'm hoping they left fingerprints behind or some other evidence.

Did I read that it rained when these items were found? Would the perp have left footprints or tracks?

IMO

right. So what happens if the last time Sierra walked out of that house was the night before?

The perp could have attacked her in her own home,, and carried her out that morning..
Either way alive or deceased, one of the many dogs that were there should have picked up on it.

I've had a problem with the JC bag for awhile. I mean, when she first went missing, that was the 'identifier'...news outlets were playing up this JC bag and boom! It winds up being found the same weekend...like the perp was following the news. I don't know why this bag bugs me so much.

OK I see what you're saying now..
..and yes I know you're one of our long long time posters here and that you dont get caught up in pettiness or foolishness but I always tend to make the disclaimer that tho our opinions may differ for me atleast it doesn't have anything to do with my still have such respect for members I may not be agreeing wwith at the time.. I've found some do tend to hold a bit of a grudge:crazy:..silly? Yea I aagreebut its what initially started my posting such disclaimers.. ;)

I think holding grudges is so plain silly. Just because a poster may disagree on a particular case? Not gonna happen with me. I dont hold grudges against anyone not even in my real life so I am certainly not going to start here just because someone may have a differing opinion.

You are special and you will stay that way in my eyes. :) So no disclaimer needed for this ole' gal. :giggle:

IMO

Has the press ever asked Cardoza or Lt. Smith this question outright? I cant remember but they seem to be more forthcoming with information but of course this is their jobs as Media Officers for the Sheriff's department.

The only one I have seen say they didnt actually know where the books were found is Sheriff Smith but she is just the department head and her detectives do the actual investigation.

IMO

IIRC NG asked Sheriff Smith if the books were in the bag. Sheriff said she didn't know.

I do not know if other LE were specifically asked but they have spoken about the clothing being in the bag and books being found...but never elaborated on the location or condition of the books.

Certainly they must know this. It would be written in a report, plus when evidence is found it is photographed before it is touched, is it not?

Why bother messing around with something that could only ever be a liability to the perp? It could be used to track them or Sierra might even be able to call 911 in a moment of distraction if the perp left it in the car.

Far safer to just throw it out the window at the first place that wasn't someone's front lawn. Doing it so close to Sierra's house would not give much of a clue to where the perp was going.

So long as the perp got a head start of, say, 30 minutes or so, I don't think they cared if the cell phone was found or not.

To make it look like something it wasn't.

Otherwise are we to believe he's really great at hiding a presumed body but didn't know how to hide her stuff?
Why not just put it wherever she is and we wouldn't have anything to go on right now?
Apparently they wanted or needed for there to be "something" to go on.

The similarities in some of these cases are just creepy.

Katelyn Markham - a picture was taken right before she disappeared (a picture of a picture) allegedly sent to her bf.

Holly Bobo - abducted outside her home on her way to school. Almost same time as Sierra. Lunch bag found approx 8 miles from home.

Probably no connection but when I heard about Sierra's case and the photo and going to school, and her bag being found, etc, it made me think of these two other beautiful young ladies. So sad. Where are they? :(

A picture of a picture....
That is what I think happens in this case ...

I've had a problem with the JC bag for awhile. I mean, when she first went missing, that was the 'identifier'...news outlets were playing up this JC bag and boom! It winds up being found the same weekend...like the perp was following the news. I don't know why this bag bugs me so much.

Good point!

It does to me. Tossing would indicate they didn't care if LE found it or not. Placing it would indicate that they wanted to leave clues behind and left them purposely and perhaps the location is an indication of where Sierra may be. I think she's close by. I'm hoping they left fingerprints behind or some other evidence.

Did I read that it rained when these items were found? Would the perp have left footprints or tracks?

IMO

Either way, they were likely to be found, where they ended up...so if the perp put them there on purpose or tossed them from a car, they still would have been found fairly soon. But without knowing WHY the bag was left behind in the area, it seems futile to me. The bag could easily have been thrown away in any dumpster, miles away, and never been connected. I guess I think the Why matters more than the How. JMO

I cant even remember now. Did we know about the JC bag right off the bat? It was found on Sunday after she went missing on Friday so it was already located I think before anything came out in the news about it but I may be mistaken. They didnt even release that they had found it until that Thursday I dont think.

Did they say right away that she carried a JC bag? I know Nancy has reruns on the weekend.

IMO

Initially, I was dead set that this was an abduction by a stranger or fringe acquaintance. And I still am to a degree. For a variety of reasons, i.e. evidence, theory, logic etc makes me believe that she was abducted. However, I am coming around to the notion that something was not right in the house. What it was, I have no idea, but I'm getting this feeling in my gut that something is isn't wholly right. No evidence to support it, but I believe it.

Anyway, a few random questions/thoughts that may or may not be connected or helpful:

A) It seems like Sierra was fighting with herself the way most teens do, in the sense of who she was vs who she wanted to be. Meaning, she tweeted about everything, mostly what typical teenagers would post. Although some were vulgar and concerning (drugs and alcohol), she seemed to have a self-awareness most kids her age don't. For instance, she tweeted about her essay topics and thoughts that were insightful and caring. She also posted one tweet wondering aloud if she would be happier and smarter if she never did drugs. Don't know why, but that one hit a nerve with me. Something about it, idk the poor girl is only 15 and she is asking herself these questions. It is an interesting paradox I think Sierra revealed unknowingly about herself

B) I wonder if we will know if any other items of Sierra's were missing. Not just her keys, makeup, etc, but I am thinking more of any other bags, clothing, anything else like that.

C) I guess nothing ever came of the report of a possible, unconfirmed sighting back in March. I will try to find the link soon to that unconfirmed sighting. I highly doubt it was her, but I figured LE would eventually state publicly it was not her

I'm not sure how the time stamped photo of her that morning would work in that case? I mean anyone can send a text and a tweet pretending to be her but it wouldn't be so easy to fake the photo... I'm guessing not impossible but wouldn't be easy no?

Very easy. Grab your phone... Go to your computer...pull up a picture and take the photo...send it to a friend as a text... Your friend will think it was today's photo.. Only it CAN be an old photo you chose to take..

LE I'm sure pulled the metatags from the photo in question and knows exactly when and where it was taken. We just don't have those answers. But I believe they stated that she took it that morning correct?

Well to me secreted mean someone hid them!

tr.v. se·cret·ed, se·cret·ing, se·cret·es
To conceal in a hiding place; cache. See Synonyms at hide1

Well yes. I agree. but either way if the perp threw them at the cactus bush from a vehicle or walked up and placed them there is still a hiding place.

IMO

Initially, I was dead set that this was an abduction by a stranger or fringe acquaintance. And I still am to a degree. For a variety of reasons, i.e. evidence, theory, logic etc makes me believe that she was abducted. However, I am coming around to the notion that something was not right in the house. What it was, I have no idea, but I'm getting this feeling in my gut that something is isn't wholly right. No evidence to support it, but I believe it.

Anyway, a few random questions/thoughts that may or may not be connected or helpful:

A) It seems like Sierra was fighting with herself the way most teens do, in the sense of who she was vs who she wanted to be. Meaning, she tweeted about everything, mostly what typical teenagers would post. Although some were vulgar and concerning (drugs and alcohol), she seemed to have a self-awareness most kids her age don't. For instance, she tweeted about her essay topics and thoughts that were insightful and caring. She also posted one tweet wondering aloud if she would be happier and smarter if she never did drugs. Don't know why, but that one hit a nerve with me. Something about it, idk the poor girl is only 15 and she is asking herself these questions. It is an interesting paradox I think Sierra revealed unknowingly about herself

B) I wonder if we will know if any other items of Sierra's were missing. Not just her keys, makeup, etc, but I am thinking more of any other bags, clothing, anything else like that.

C) I guess nothing ever came of the report of a possible, unconfirmed sighting back in March. I will try to find the link soon to that unconfirmed sighting. I highly doubt it was her, but I figured LE would eventually state publicly it was not her

Meanwhile, Santa Clara County Sheriff Sgt. Jose Cardoza on Monday said there were no real updates to Sierra's case. But he did note investigators were aware of the many reported tips regarding other attempted abductions and possible sightings of Sierra around the Bay Area. So far, all of them have been unfounded, Cardoza said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20257771/klaaskids-foundation-begin-searches-sierra-lamar

Was listen to the radio show and spotted this. :seeya:

A sock is an odd choice, as far as smelling someone, clothes, tops especially are going to smell like the person, their beauty products, etc. I mean not to be gross but underwear may have other scents again on top of that, whereas a sock goes in a likely smellier shoe, furthest away from lingering shampoo, lotion, deodorant, perfume, makeup odours that we associate with a person unconsciously.

Avoiding the shampoo, lotion, deodorant, perfume, etc, odours is exactly what would make a sock smell most familiar to me.

I just tested my husband's 3 day old socks. They do smell like his feet but no longer overwhelmingly so. Mostly they smell of his skin, which I'm very familiar with. They'd be a convenient size for me to roll up and carry in my pocket.

Shampoos change, perfumes, etc, change but that fundamental skin scent is always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member