Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope they took the home computer to have it looked over...

I have no doubt they did. I know they took Sierra's because LE said they found nothing on there that would assist them in her disappearance.

I am sure Marlene and Rick told them to take anything they wanted as long as they thought it may help to find Sierra.

They have opened their home to be searched by LE.

imo

That could happen for various reasons and still be legitimate photos.

Since the FBI list the description of the Shark shirt on their website as being the clothes she was last seen wearing, I think they have forensically verified the photo was taken that morning on her computer before she went to school.

imo

If they are the clothes she was last seen wearing they are her PJ's

her mother says she last saw her in her pj's that morning before she left!

Just stepping back a little. The only evidence we have heard to create a timeline is Sierra's mom's account of that morning and a couple of electronic time stamps from the computer in her home and one text. When was the last time someone outside the home saw Sierra? It bugs me that the mom's story is confusing in both tense and details of when she said goodbye, who left first (her or bf), and even who was in the house. There is no direct evidence of who posted on the internet. Her laptop is probably always logged into those accounts so there is no proof she posted. Who knows when that pic was really taken, it looks awfully bright out for 6 am in the picture. And the text, was it a random unsolicited text to a friend or part of an ongoing conversation? I am not accusing anyone, but i wonder if she did not leave during the night. It seems really unlikely that no one would see any trace of her in the morning in her neighborhood, it can't be that desolate during the morning rush hour. I really want to know when she was last seen or heard from the day before. I just have a nagging feeling the whole morning story is a fabrication. JMO.

And who here knows?
For her, PJs could have consisted of an oversize jersey and boxer shorts, for that matter.

I can confidently say that if FBI has reviewed her last picture, as well as LE (sort of hesitant to say I have full trust in all LE departments), that the last "time stamp" on a picture is really the last physical evidence they have of Sierra.

I am very, very confident in that.

Has LE or FBI said that is the official last time Sierra was seen/heard from? I could have sworn it was.

You can, but hopefully LE, and more importantly FBI, would be able to spot/see the "noise" in the photo to know it is a picture of a picture (a similar thing happens when you scan an old photo on to your computer from a printer, or the like. it creates "artifacts" in the image and will loose sharpness around the edges and add color noise.)

There is a problem with uploading pictures to Twitter that I am sure LE/FBI finds their ways around, because when you upload to twitter w/o the device the picture was sent from (lets say the picture was taken on the phone, then uploaded to a personal computer, then to twitter) it loses the exif data at the twitter upload. The only device to have the true "stamp" of that image would be on the phone, and likely the computer -- if it was sent to the computer after being taken.

That's the long version. I believe Sierra uploaded from the phone to twitter.

(How I know all this; Pro photog (freelance journalism), and I have studied the twitter uploads/facebook uploads ad nauseam in some cases here.)

:clap: :tyou: that's so cool!!!

That is not true Eileen. If a photo can be verified as being taken that day it is as good as a physical sighting. Our world does not stand still anymore. Just like someone doesnt have to see someone do something wrong but if a camera catches them then that is as good as seeing it happen in person because all electronics such as a computer, phone and surveilance video etc has a date stamp and history. The forensic expert can easily detect when the photo was actually taken.

The FBI clearly believes she was last seen wearing her Shark sweatshirt. They have it on their website and a description of it along with listing her as kidnapped and missing.

IMO

How do you account for the HRD dogs not hitting in the house?

I think they did... It is only my opinion ..

Also.. In the most recent case is was following, a little boy escaped his home while his mom was takings nap.. They had dogs there at the scene too.. The fresh scent lead the over some bridge... Ended the baby was in a pond 300ft from his home... The dogs did not track him there...
I loved these dogs and it's awesome what they do, but, this little boys case showed me that sometimes, the dogs can be wrong..

How do you account for the HRD dogs not hitting in the house?

Did they bring HRD dogs to Sierra's house? I must have missed something. I thought they brought dogs that were for tracking her live scent.

Did they bring dogs in at all when they came to the house 1 week after Sierra disappeared?

And who here knows?
For her, PJs could have consisted of an oversize jersey and boxer shorts, for that matter.

well to me it looks like her pj's
i think she was still dressed in what Marlene said were her pj's

Now didnt le say they were not sure when that pic was taken but know it was sent at 6 30 that morning?

And on NG marlene said it was sent at 7 15.
If sierra took and sent that pic at 7 15 it sure did not look like she was on her way out the door for her bus.

I just think this entire thing is staged!

Ok.. So what I a sayin is that photo could have been on the home computer...as an original.. Taken the day before or any day prior to her missing...

If someone had a hold of her phone that morning, in the house... They could have taken a picture of that original photo with the phone .... So, yes, it would show up that she really took the pic that day....because it WAS taken that day, the only problem would be us that it was not an original photo... It was a photo of a photo.
I think I see where you are going with this idea. :hug:

I find the conflicting info from various LE to be interesting (altho maybe that can be explained by "things have changed"...actually Sheriff Smith pretty much said that things can change in an investigation, which obviously makes all sense). It sounds like they back-pedaled about the SAR dog search info ("end of the driveway" changed to however they phrased it..."the front door" or "thru the front door"...I don't recall). Maybe they took different dogs out there over time, with different scenarios about search starting points, etc., as the investigation proceeded.

It's a constant dilemna to try to analyze the official info released (from LE, but obviously thru MSM), MSM interviews with various people close (some really close) to the case and other MSM reports.

While I do agree that the particular photo in question does look grainier than the others.. It couldn't have been sent from her phone.. That is one thing LE have been clear about.. The photo is separate from the text message.. The photo was taken earlier than when the text MSG was sent from the phone at 7:11am.. The photo was sent from her laptop and NOT sent from her phone..

Still posting via mobile so plz forgive the large number of errors in my posts;)

I think they did... It is only my opinion ..

Also.. In the most recent case is was following, a little boy escaped his home while his mom was takings nap.. They had dogs there at the scene too.. The fresh scent lead the over some bridge... Ended the baby was in a pond 300ft from his home... The dogs did not track him there...
I loved these dogs and it's awesome what they do, but, this little boys case showed me that sometimes, the dogs can be wrong..

I think if HRD dogs hit in Sierra's home, LE would be upping the pressure considerably on Marlene and RG. So far, they've been treated in a very low key kind of way by LE.

I followed the Devon Davis case as well. I'm not so sure the dogs were wrong; I think it's possible he went into the creek at that point and slowly washed downstream into the pond underwater. After the process of decomposition had advanced far enough, gasses caused his body to float.

I'd be the last to say dogs can't be mistaken. I've been there and seen them make mistakes.

But HRD detection is actually one of the easier things to train a dog to do. It's not like tracking. HRD detection in a closed and protected environment like a house isn't like shooting fish in a barrel, it's like shooting DEAD fish in a barrel.

does anyone have the first missing person poster for Sierra?? I would like to see what photo was used...

Now didnt le say they were not sure when that pic was taken but know it was sent at 6 30 that morning?

If sierra took and sent that pic at 7 15 it sure did not look like she was on her way out the door for her bus.

I see what you mean.

It appears like a jersey would be more likely something to sleep in, to me.
I had thought at one time schools even frowned on wearing logos and such on clothes to class.
Maybe that's changed. IDK.

Marlene would have already said that she was wearing the same thing she saw her in when she took the pic and sent it to her friend. Marlene has always said PJs and that makes me think she had both the top and bottom of her PJs on.

Sierra Mae LaMar was last seen wearing a black "San Jose Sharks" (hockey team) sweatshirt with the Sharks logo on the front and "STONEHOUSE" and the number "16" on the back. She currently attends Sobrato High School in Morgan Hill, California, and used to attend Washington High School in Fremont, California.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

I would love to know what the people in that cul de sac believe happened. I would be especially interested in hearing what the women/girls there have to say.... I wonder if they are frightened that there might be a predator close by ? MOO
One thinks it is somebody close to Sierra. The other, down the street (a woman) thinks she is alive and sold into sex slavery. One male thinks a farm worker took her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy101
IMO: this was a murder set up to look like a kidnapping.

I totally agree!

I'm curious about your thoughts with this. Do you mean a murder by someone who was out for revenge - premeditated...A murder without sexual assault...Do you think there are kids involved? Cassie Joe Stoddart type situation?

I see what you mean.

It appears like a jersey would be more likely something to sleep in, to me.
I had thought at one time schools even frowned on wearing logos and such on clothes to class.
Maybe that's changed. IDK.

Here they can wear logos as long as they arent racy or controversial.

I would think wearing a sports shirt wouldnt be against the rules where Sierra went to school.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member