Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think one of the worst mistakes that LE made early on was speculating she could have gone with someone willingly. There is absolutely no evidence that she would go with someone that absolutely no one in her life knows about. Nothing found on her cell phone. Nothing found on her computer.

Her very best friends and family have been interviewed and none of them think she would do this and they would know if she was the type to do this and if she was, who she would go with.

Imo, they have done a great disservice to Sierra and what really happened to her. Nothing points to her leaving willingly with someone. It is like LE pulled that theory out of thin air. Even now they say she was abduted and being abducted is nothing about going willingly.

What evidence is there that she went willingly with someone? Nothing..not one thing.

IMO

We still don't know what they found on her phone or her Pc .There is something they found that leads them to believe she knew her abductor.

Again I will ask, with little hope of acknowledgement, WHERE DID THE ONFORMATION THAT SIERRA LEFT THE HOUSE IN GREY SHOES COME FROM? Obviously I know it is listed in NAMUS, but how did it GET there? Who provided the information? When? How can they be sure? If they do not even know what pants or shirt she was in, how can they be sure she had on grey shoes. If they found her red Converse at home, that explains why they know she did not have them on, but what makes them SO SURE she had on the grey shoes when they seem to know so little else about her attire?

LisaB, I think when an obviously interesting question like that is asked and no one answers, it means that no one who read it knows.

I know I haven't seen it in the media stories and I've read/watched about 75% of them.

...I have my doubts about her carrying that bag anyway. That Juicy bag did not match her outfit, not even close. To a well-renowned, well dressed, high maintenance girl, I have always been confused on why she would pick that bag, that day. To confuse matters more...all that was in were clothes.

IMO, books would not fit in that bag. I have seen PICS of her and she carrys her books by themselves.

How did a stranger get her, her cell phone, her books and her purse to all go with her at the same time? There had to be a struggle and if the dogs are correct, it had to have happened in the driveway. I can't see anyone struggling and jumping out of a vehicle to get her stuff and man handle her at the same time.

I think she kept the phone with her....that was thrown away. Later the other things were retrieved and placed where they were found.

My granddaughter has this very purse and yes it is large enough for books to be in it along with the folded clothing of Sierra's.

Wasnt her outfit black or gray? A lot of teen girls wear black/gray and use pink together.

We sadly know that there doesnt have to be signs of a struggle left behind. They are snatched into the car so quickly there is no time for the victim to react, imo.

IMO

LisaB, I think when an obviously interesting question like that is asked and no one answers, it means that no one who read it knows.

I know I haven't seen it in the media stories and I've read/watched about 75% of them.

I read the post but I dont know the answer.

IMO

Call me crazy people but if there was a struggle of any kind when Sierra was taken common sense tells me. That the spot she was taken there would be her books or phone or her bag, Nothing was left behind an I really don't think there would be enough time to pick up anything if dropped. IMHO that is why the LE feels she knew her abductor and went willingly.

We still don't know what they found on her phone or her Pc .There is something they found that leads them to believe she knew her abductor.

From what I've been reading, the assumption is she knew her abductor based on location. I haven't heard LE say one way or the other. Have they come right out and said she knew her abductor? TIA

I just hope they explore all possibilities. The same mistake was made in the Holly Bobo case, imo and almost a year later, she's still missing.

Not implying anything here, but LE has to check into everything and everyone surrounding the case. A woman I used to know was attacked and raped by the driver of a school transport van for the handicapped.

A school transport van for the handicapped probably did not have many or any other passengers aka witnesses aboard. And it's possible that even if there were witnesses, they were not able to verbalise what they saw. Or didn't see, if part of the driver's duties was to go to the residence to assist the rider getting outside.

It's hard to believe that a school bus, particularly one paid for by the parents of the riders, would not have a bunch of kids on it by the time it reached Sierra's stop. Granted, most of them were probably glued to their smartphones or had their earbuds on in a mental fog but it would take one bold, bold perp of a driver to do anything under those conditions.

No that isnt really true JDB. They really dont know. They said they found nothing on her cell phone or her computer that would assist them in their investigation.

They have given the public two possible scenarios..

They have said it 'could be' either an aquaintance or she was kidnapped by a stranger. A stranger and an aquaintance is a total opposite choice.

So they truly dont know.

imo

Moo regarding the sheriffs statements. .

While I see that there may have been a better way for her to answer some of the questions. .she by far is not the worst I have seen or heard when answering questions about an ongoing investigation.. that said I don't understand why it seems so far fetched for parts of the investigation to may have changed.. throughout investigating it is very possible that certain issues or details may have been uncovered or brought to light about the investigation.. therefore the status of certain people or issues could have changed.. that regularly happens in an ongoing investigation.. the investigation does not remain the same.. it progresses and in that progression information is learned that they did not have in weeks prior when possibly other statements were made.. it could change drastically or it could change just enough for LE to no longer feel comfortable stating that ANYONE IS IN THE CLEAR AT ALL. .

this is SOP as in when new details come to light it quite possibly changes the direction or avenue that a case is currently on.. does it not seem natural that LE would have learned much more than what they knew two weeks ago when they made a statement? Of course it does..jmo..

Just as cluciano posted the other day about the Vilet case.. LE went from saying the dad/stepdad Was in no way a suspect in the investigation.. to that later changing to LE stating he was a POI. . It happens..this is what occurs throughout a investigation.. there is new info that is learned that can change the status of the case. . I personally cannot cling to statements as absolute fact in knowing weeks have passed, much info has been learned, and for whatever reasons LE now states THAT NO ONE IS IN THE CLEAR..

*as a sidenote I am not one whose main theory involves the stepdad and that's not what I'm aiming at as the objective of my above post.. my point is that nothing remains the same.. there is a natural progression where much info is learned that wasn't available to LE early on.. this info could very drastically change the status and direction of the case.. IMO LE obviously are no longer comfortable stating that ANYONE is cleared or not still being looked at.. it appears as tho they are still very thoroughly investigating all avenues.. why the change? IMO due to new info being learned while investigating Sierra's disappearance.. IMO there's nothing hinky or unusual about that..

I think it is entirely possible that things in the investigation have changed since earlier statements, and my take on the appearance of the sheriff on NG was that she was avoiding any specific questions, ones that should have been an easy "yes", "no" or "7:00AM" for instance, just for that reason. She did say they are still talking to family members, specifically in regards to questions being raised about the BF; why still talk to him if all is perfectly clear? I think LE is still working their way through all of the statements, alibis, etc. and may have come across some things that require more questioning. IMO, this happens all the time.

Just thinking of scenarios, IMO, Sierra may have been in contact with someone via email. Possibly some guy or maybe even a couple that wanted to take her photos for a modeling career or something. He could have told her he would take her to school and then pick her up after school was done.
May have told her not to bring anything special as the 'company' have lots of clothes and make-up etc.

ETA: Just read above that nothing on her computer has helped in their investigation, so I guess this scenario is not valid.

Oceanblueeyes,

I have been hoping to find the size or style name or number for the bag/purse. Do we have the exact dimensions? I knew someone had mentioned knowing someone with the exact purse and am glad to see it was you. TIA
JMO

Have been lurking for some time. Now have to put my 2 cents in. Are we focusing on the bus because there is so little info to focus on? Thoughts about neighbor's yard and scent: Could she have almost escaped into neighbors yard and was captured and thrown in the car? Would the knowledge we have about scents permit this scenario? I feel it was either a total stranger abduction or perhaps some of her former unsavory friends in Fremont seeking revenge. The strangest thing is the juicy bag and books. IMO no one has really come up with a scenario that really makes a lot of sense. There must be important information that is being withheld. I feel this is probably a very important clue and it would be great if we had more info to go on.

As for the scent found in the neighbour's yard, too little information for me to venture much of a guess.

It depends on how the dog was trained, how the dog found the scent (tracked it from Sierra's house? or indicated in the neighbour's yard with no clear tracking up to that point?), the topography of the area, front yard, side yard or back yard, the winds that day, etc.

For instance, on a windy day, scent can blow for many feet before it fetches up against an obstacle. So if the wind were right, if there were bushes, trees or even the side of the house in the right position, Sierra's scent could have blown over there without her ever setting foot on the neighbour's property. This is JUST AN EXAMPLE, not based on information.

There's just not enough information to even guess at what may have caused that indication.

Just throwing this out there .....could it be her bag was not placed there by anyone connected to the case. In other words, could a passerby have noticed the bag and put it there? I ask because in the Canadian Mariam Makhniashvili case, her school bag with her lunch was found a couple of weeks later only a few kilometers from school where she was last seen. It was open but otherwise everything in there remained as is. People kept moving it hoping whoever it belonged to would come back for it. Someone finally made the connection and reported to the police. Sadly, Mariam's body was found last month after 2 1/2years. Her death was ruled a suicide.

Have they looked at suicide as a possiblity in Sierra's case? I'm guessing because of her scent ending at the driveway (allegedly) the assumption is she was abducted but wonder what other evidence they have.

Just my thoughts.

I think it is entirely possible that things in the investigation have changed since earlier statements, and my take on the appearance of the sheriff on NG was that she was avoiding any specific questions, ones that should have been an easy "yes", "no" or "7:00AM" for instance, just for that reason. She did say they are still talking to family members, specifically in regards to questions being raised about the BF; why still talk to him if all is perfectly clear? I think LE is still working their way through all of the statements, alibis, etc. and may have come across some things that require more questioning. IMO, this happens all the time.

I dont think they are any closer to finding out what happened to Sierra on March 16 than they were on day one.

They have searched and searched going into the fourth week now and they keep widening out the area. This show me they have no clue where she is or what happened to her or who took her, and they are not having any luck finding her either or any other evidence connected to Sierra.

We all have been here long enough to know that the longer this case drags on without any evidence as to what happened to her the less chance it will ever be solved.

But then perpretrators that do not have a personal link with the victim are hard to find. They could be anywhere by now and so could Sierra.

I see this case growing cold in the coming weeks. The only break they could have is if someone knows something and is willing to call the tip line and tell what they know. Or if the lab results shows them who the abductor is but there again they have to have a criminal past history and already be in some criminal data bank. So if the lab results yields no evidence pertaining to the abductor they are going to be pretty much at a stand still.

IMO

I think it is also important to note that these are trailing dogs, not tracking dogs and there is a difference. I haven't heard of confirmation on the part about the dogs showing interest in the neighbor's yard, so I am not going to speculate on that one. If there is somewhere that shows a handler or SAR talking about it, then perhaps I can deduce from that, but if it's coming down the pipe, well, then....

Oceanblueeyes,

I have been hoping to find the size or style name or number for the bag/purse. Do we have the exact dimensions? I knew someone had mentioned knowing someone with the exact purse and am glad to see it was you. TIA
JMO

I dont know about the style number or exact dimensions, Wide,but, there was a link showing the purse she carried that day. It is really a very cute purse ..well for a teen anyway.;) I wouldnt carry this purse but our granddaughter loves hers but of course she has many purses like most teens do.

There is no way she would know the exact date the fingerprint results would be sent back to LE.

It is a waiting game. Usually lab results can take up to 8 weeks and even if they are rushed it can take up to four weeks and they arent just testing for fingerprints either. They will test for any trace evidence such as fibers .hair.......and DNA hopefully including touch DNA and test for bodily fluids to determine what type they are.......... belonging either to Sierra or the unknown perp.

Labs sends the results back of what all was sent to them at one time. Not just fingerprints. After they complete the tests on the purse and contents they will start on the other evidence sent in later. (condoms-handcuff box etc.)

So I dont believe she knows much at all. Most of the things she says she doesnt know have long been released by her own authorized staff.

I have watched countless sheriffs over the years and I have never seen one that appears so inept as Sheriff Smith does.

IMO

I mentioned the fingerprints not the DNA and i don't recall her being asked for an exact date. She should as a sheriff have a general idea of how long the results should take. This a high profile case so i would expect them to move things along quickly. IMO

SMITH: All of the evidence is being processed, and I know that they`re looking for fingerprint also. And we haven`t gotten any results for the crime lab yet. And we`re anxiously awaiting that.

GRACE: How long has it been?

SMITH: I`m not certain when they were sent to the lab. So I`m not sure how long.

GRACE: Well, you know to you, Woody Tripp. Typically, they would be sent immediately. And you can tell on a fingerprint analysis whether you`ve been able to pick up latent prints immediately. Explain how you do it.

WOODROW TRIPP, FORMER POLICE COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Absolutely, Nancy. With fingerprints, unlike DNA, it can be almost immediate. It`s just a matter of retrieving the prints and then processing them by a fingerprint examiner. That examiner will immediately look at them. O

I dont think they are any closer to finding out what happened to Sierra on March 16 than they were on day one.

They have searched and searched going into the fourth week now and they keep widening out the area. This show me they have no clue where she is or what happened to her or who took her, and they are not having any luck finding her either or any other evidence connected to Sierra.

We all have been here long enough to know that the longer this case drags on without any evidence as to what happened to her the less chance it will ever be solved.

But then perpretrators that do not have a personal link with the victim are hard to find. They could be anywhere by now and so could Sierra.

I see this case growing cold in the coming weeks. The only break they could have is if someone knows something and is willing to call the tip line and tell what they know. Or if the lab results shows them who the abductor is but there again they have to have a criminal past history and already be in some criminal data bank. So if the lab results yields no evidence pertaining to the abductor they are going to be pretty much at a stand still.

IMO

These cases are difficult, there is no REAL evidence of a crime, yes, the items being placed or tossed point towards that, as does the fact that she is still missing. But unless they are able to get prints, etc. from an unknown person on Sierra's items I don't know where they go next. Probably are very close to the point where it becomes "searching based on new tips only." JMO

Maybe this was gang-related?

I don't think Sierra was a gang-banger, nor was she "claiming red", but in Morgan Hill, many kids might choose a color depending on who they are hanging out with. Many of Sierra's friends highlight their red accessories, red clothes, red shoes, red hair ribbons, etc.

Regarding the juicy purse being "wedged"...

The location where the purse was found is in plain view.
Maybe the perp casually wedged the bag between the building and the cactus, while pretending to be going to the bathroom or something, then got back into the car, and fled.

She had to have been restrained at this time. Or too scared to run.

My gut tells me that the red shoes, drugs & alcohol, and shady social feeds point to an acquaintance.
Whether it's someone that liked her or hated her---they were attracted to her.

#findsierra

JMO

I hate to change the topic here and maybe this was brought up along time ago but I was looking at her twitter account. On March 2nd she discusses going on snowboarding trip for that weekend at a cabin. She is complaining about going saying she doesn't want to be in a cabin full of psychos. I wonder if this was a rented cabin or someone owned it and where it may be. Does anyone know of the snowboarding locations near there?

Also, on March 12th at 7:28 am, the time she would be getting on the bus she tweets this statement: If you see that cuban guy make sure he knows I got a picture of him cause he s**ts over there. Yeah I know about i......

That was the last of it and the other persons account is I beleive set to private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties