Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned the fingerprints not the DNA and i don't recall her being asked for an exact date. She should as a sheriff have a general idea of how long the results should take. This a high profile case so i would expect them to move things along quickly. IMO

SMITH: All of the evidence is being processed, and I know that they`re looking for fingerprint also. And we haven`t gotten any results for the crime lab yet. And we`re anxiously awaiting that.

GRACE: How long has it been?

SMITH: I`m not certain when they were sent to the lab. So I`m not sure how long.

GRACE: Well, you know to you, Woody Tripp. Typically, they would be sent immediately. And you can tell on a fingerprint analysis whether you`ve been able to pick up latent prints immediately. Explain how you do it.

WOODROW TRIPP, FORMER POLICE COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Absolutely, Nancy. With fingerprints, unlike DNA, it can be almost immediate. It`s just a matter of retrieving the prints and then processing them by a fingerprint examiner. That examiner will immediately look at them. O

I have seen plenty of crime shows where forensic results trickle in, i.e. they would not hold onto fingerprint results while awaiting weeks of DNA testing...that would be ludicrous and counterproductive. Either LE has some results back, or there were no prints that could not be accounted for. JMO

Since no one seems to know what color shoes she was wearing when she left the house...
I'm going to assume she had on her favorite red shoes.

And if so, maybe this was gang-related.

I don't think Sierra was a gang-banger, nor was she "claiming red", but in Morgan Hill, many kids choose a color depending on who they are hanging out with. MANY of Sierra's friends highlight their red accessories, red clothes, red shoes, red hair ribbons, etc.

My new train of thought...

#1. She was abducted on her way to school (in the driveway, or shortly after before the bus stop).
#2. Her phone was tossed out the window immediately.
#3. She was restrained and stripped, but the red shoes were kept as a trophy.
#4. Because the location where the purse/clothes were found is in plain view, the perp casually wedged the bag between the building and the cactus. Maybe pretended to be going to the bathroom, then got back into the car, and fled.

Unfortunately, this doesn't answer what was done to her, or where she could be now.

My gut tells me that the red shoes, drugs & alcohol, and shady social feeds point to an acquaintance.
Whether it's someone that liked her or hated her---they wanted to make an example out of her.

#findsierra

Just my (new) opinion---it will probably change again by tomorrow :/

There is a photo in the bunch somewhere with a whole group of girls wearing those same shoes. I don't know if they are just popular shoes or maybe the cheerleading squad wore them?

If anyone does have the link to the Juicy bag I would appreciate it. TIA

I didnt follow Sierra closely in the beginning and this case is really scary to me for some reason. I feel terrified for Sierra.

Could the location where the bag was found be where the perp stopped to put her into the trunk? Then tossed the purse where it wedged between the building?

JMO

My granddaughter has this very purse and yes it is large enough for books to be in it along with the folded clothing of Sierra's.

Wasnt her outfit black or gray? A lot of teen girls wear black/gray and use pink together.

We sadly know that there doesnt have to be signs of a struggle left behind. They are snatched into the car so quickly there is no time for the victim to react, imo.

IMO

I was wondering if any pictures were ever released of the Juicy bag, if so I must have missed them earlier. Do you have a link showing what the purse looked like, or maybe you could post a pic of your granddaughter's bag? I'm really interested in seeing it, since I am known for carrying everything but the kitchen sink in my own purse!

I really appreciate your approach, ~n/t~, because it is exploratory. Certainly, the J.C. bag could have been dropped or thrown where a field worker found it exposed & thought to place it where it wouldn't be trampled or run over. Your point being, more than one person who didn't own it, handled it. I had a couple of other ideas, posted in Thread #6. The bag & its contents and where it was discovered are startling evidence, if we can only interpret it.

I think it is also important to note that these are trailing dogs, not tracking dogs and there is a difference. I haven't heard of confirmation on the part about the dogs showing interest in the neighbor's yard, so I am not going to speculate on that one. If there is somewhere that shows a handler or SAR talking about it, then perhaps I can deduce from that, but if it's coming down the pipe, well, then....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/FBI-Activity-Surrounds-LaMar-House-143933026.html

Search and rescue dogs were brought in as the FBI combed through neighbors' yards. They seemed focused on one yard adjacent to the LaMar home.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/sierra-lamar/nLbDR/
VIDEO

Again I will ask, with little hope of acknowledgement, WHERE DID THE ONFORMATION THAT SIERRA LEFT THE HOUSE IN GREY SHOES COME FROM? Obviously I know it is listed in NAMUS, but how did it GET there? Who provided the information? When? How can they be sure? If they do not even know what pants or shirt she was in, how can they be sure she had on grey shoes. If they found her red Converse at home, that explains why they know she did not have them on, but what makes them SO SURE she had on the grey shoes when they seem to know so little else about her attire?

I had assumed that the grey shoes are missing from the home, and by process of elimination it was thought that those were the shoes she was wearing when she disappeared.

Eta: the grey shoes were printed on missing persons fliers like this one shown during an interview with her sister. Again, I suspect either the family or friends saw that they were missing from the home, which is where the whole idea came from: http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=1535010925001

I was wondering if any pictures were ever released of the Juicy bag, if so I must have missed them earlier. Do you have a link showing what the purse looked like, or maybe you could post a pic of your granddaughter's bag? I'm really interested in seeing it, since I am known for carrying everything but the kitchen sink in my own purse!

I remember seeing a bag posted, but was not satisfied it was the same model she has, as the one pictured, as I recall was a "handbag".
We can see in some photos a light pink strap, being worn by Sierra, indicating it was a shoulder bag model.

I went to the forum on purses and saw in the thread for Juicy Couture, that they distinguish by model number and designate shoulder bag or handbag.

Therefore, I think we still do not know exactly which bag it is despite a photo of one being on NG or wherever it originally came from.

About the 1980's white Dodge vehicle

respectfully snipped...

if it IS a 1980's vehicle than the plate could be yellow/gold on blue, as someone mentioned that the license plate of the car shown had blue plates. I have gold/yellow on blue plate from the '80s, it's a personalized plate. Or was it determined that was NOT the actual car in the pix that was "seen" ??:waitasec:

okay, back to reading and catching up! :crazy:

respectfully snipped...

if it IS a 1980's vehicle than the plate could be yellow/gold on blue, as someone mentioned that the license plate of the car shown had blue plates. I have gold/yellow on blue plate from the '80s, it's a personalized plate. Or was it determined that was NOT the actual car in the pix that was "seen" ??:waitasec:

okay, back to reading and catching up! :crazy:

Not the actual car in the pic. That pic was taken of of wiki that was posted in the tweet.

I have seen plenty of crime shows where forensic results trickle in, i.e. they would not hold onto fingerprint results while awaiting weeks of DNA testing...that would be ludicrous and counterproductive. Either LE has some results back, or there were no prints that could not be accounted for. JMO

I'm sure they have some results but they don't want to let the public know and they shouldn't release anything that would jeopardize their case. The problem is the way the sheriff answered the questions. A "no comment" would have been better instead of her saying she didn't know. I believe she's in the video where they're investigating the location of the books and bag, so she's got to know something.

I mentioned the fingerprints not the DNA and i don't recall her being asked for an exact date. She should as a sheriff have a general idea of how long the results should take. This a high profile case so i would expect them to move things along quickly. IMO

SMITH: All of the evidence is being processed, and I know that they`re looking for fingerprint also. And we haven`t gotten any results for the crime lab yet. And we`re anxiously awaiting that.

GRACE: How long has it been?

SMITH: I`m not certain when they were sent to the lab. So I`m not sure how long.

GRACE: Well, you know to you, Woody Tripp. Typically, they would be sent immediately. And you can tell on a fingerprint analysis whether you`ve been able to pick up latent prints immediately. Explain how you do it.

WOODROW TRIPP, FORMER POLICE COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Absolutely, Nancy. With fingerprints, unlike DNA, it can be almost immediate. It`s just a matter of retrieving the prints and then processing them by a fingerprint examiner. That examiner will immediately look at them. O

BBM Well there she goes again with the "Im not sure.' (Sigh):banghead:

She doesnt even know when they were sent off???? This is unbelievable.

IMO

I remember seeing a bag posted, but was not satisfied it was the same model she has, as the one pictured, as I recall was a "handbag".
We can see in some photos a light pink strap, being worn by Sierra, indicating it was a shoulder bag model.

I went to the forum on purses and saw in the thread for Juicy Couture, that they distinguish by model number and designate shoulder bag or handbag.

Therefore, I think we still do not know exactly which bag it is despite a photo of one being on NG or wherever it originally came from.

On line the bag can be called a handbag or purse. Its means the same thing.

IMO

About entering info into NAMUS
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/faq

9. If a missing persons report is filed with a local law enforcement agency, do they automatically post it to NamUs?

Although it's encouraged, this is not required. NamUs provides an opportunity for the general public to assist in solving cases by uploading case information into this national data system.

Read more at link

There is a photo in the bunch somewhere with a whole group of girls wearing those same shoes. I don't know if they are just popular shoes or maybe the cheerleading squad wore them?

The red converses? I've come across Twitter photos where some guys who are her friends are wearing them too. It surprised me some because i thought that they were just a color she liked to wear.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/FBI-Activity-Surrounds-LaMar-House-143933026.html

Search and rescue dogs were brought in as the FBI combed through neighbors' yards. They seemed focused on one yard adjacent to the LaMar home.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/sierra-lamar/nLbDR/
VIDEO

Thanks for posting this. The video states 2 properties not home or neighbors. There are properties on both sides of Sierras house. One looks like a lot with junk on it. The other is the big storage building. I always wondered if maybe someone had pulled up to either of those drives back to the property and they wouldn't look suspicious. I wonder how often people frequented those two properties.

The red converses? I've come across Twitter photos where some guys who are her friends are wearing them too. It surprised me some because i thought that they were just a color she liked to wear.

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/hundreds-hold-vigil-for-sierra-lamar-friday-night

LaMar was born and raised in Fremont and attended her freshmen year at Washington High School. Her friends wore Sierra’s favorite red Chuck Taylor Converse shoes Friday night, the same kind that LaMar wore all the time.

No, I dont have the link handy but there was one here at one time.

Our granddaughter does not live with us, so no, I dont have a picture of her purse.

I know what you mean. Even though I am in my 60s I do still like a purse with bling on it and for so long, I carried a smaller purse, but in the last couple of years, I have gotten the larger ones, but cant find a darn thing in it because the bigger the purse the more stuff seems to be put in it. :)

IMO

On line the bag can be called a handbag or purse. Its means the same thing.

IMO

I said the photo posted here was of a handbag model.

In a photo of Sierra we can see her with light pink shoulder strap.

I never said a handbag wasn't the same as a purse.

Editing to add:

The photo posted here IIRC had two short straps.

A shoulder bag would have a single longer strap.

I wonder how many cars go in and out of that area between 7:15 and 7:25 each morning. I believe Marlene stated the bus usually arrived at the stop at 7:25. If the driver drove toward Sierra's house, she could have seen vehicles coming toward her on their way out. One might have been the vehicle Sierra was in...or the bus driver could have missed a vehicle Sierra was in by a minute, or even less.

If there was only one or two cars, the bus driver might have noticed them. If there was a lot of traffic she would likely not single any one vehicle out. OTOH, if there was a lot of traffic, it seems as though someone would have seen something--such as Sierra walking or getting into a car...

Makes me wonder if the bus driver may have given the "white car" description to LE.

and just continuing a thought on the bus driver - would she 'look' at the passenger side of car if she passed one, to see if it might be Sierra getting a ride to the bus stop or even school? I think if I was looking for someone as the bus driver was, I would definitely look inside a car passing to see if that person was in there - anyway - just a thought I had!

back to :lurk: mode...

edited to add - maybe they can hypnotize the bus driver to see if she remembers anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member