Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought this was weird, as well. But my daughter's high school now allows cell phone use during lunch periods (which I seriously don't get). And I'm thinking that enterprising kids could figure out a way/place to charge them. Since not all chargers work on all phones, bringing your own would be the safe way to go. Still, I agree that it's odd.

There's been little talk about Sierra going to friends' houses after school, though I'd think she would have ... though maybe not too much since she was still kind of new. ???

Most teachers will allow kids to use the classroom outlets. I know my son's teachers allow it within reason. They also use outlets in the lunchroom and in the locker room.

Since the massacre at Columbine,most school administrators have realized the need for students to have cell phones with them at all times as long as it is not causing a disruption in class.

Actually we have conflicting statements ..they've said there was nothing else but clothes and books in her bag...and they've also stated there were some personal items.. so we speculate both ways at this point..
HTH :)
BBM...

How do you know those things were not in her bag? Did LE specifically say there were no keys, no wallet, etc in the bag, or is that just an assumption being made because those items were not mentioned?

Pretty sure the Galaxy uses the micro USB cable, which has become pretty standard among smart phones.

Not to be argumentative but the droids aren't interchangeable with any other type or model phone.. I know cuz we have had the prob here at home.

Eta: you're correct that all cells nowadays use the USB cable but its what is at the other end of the cable that actually inserts into the phone that is differing among various models of phones,

Not to be argumentative but the droids aren't interchangeable with any other type or model phone.. I know cuz we have had the prob here at home..
LOL, I've got my droid charging right now with the same type of charger that a whole list of phones that friends have. It also fits the Galaxy, as a friend has one. Guess it depends on the droid.

ETA-referring to the end that actually goes into the phone, which is a micro-usb. Also used with blackberries and about 50 other phone models.

Actually we have conflicting statements ..they've said there was nothing else but clothes and books in her bag...and they've also stated there were some personal items.. so we speculate both ways at this point..
HTH :)
I think the actual quote from LE was that there were clothes, books, "things she would keep with her"(paraphrased).

Then there was an article that reported LE stating, but without an actual quote, that there was clothes and nothing else in the purse.

This has still not been cleared up. Maybe the poster who is in contact with the media can ask about this too.

There is a universal charger that works on my Droid and my parents' non-Droid phones though. I forgot my charger one weekend visiting home and was shocked it worked. I guess it is possible that her friend had a Droid or a universal like my parents that she knew worked because of a previous occurrence.

I am begining to wonder if we are dealing with a perp who has done this many times, it gives me the creeps frankly.

I have wondered this same thing, and I am not good at sleuthing so I can't track back to similar instances of this case (but, wouldn't there be a lot of them since we know these stories being WS members?)

The real question I have, if your thought is correct, and I am NOT discrediting you, why such a rural town?

And, does that person even live near by? And is Sierra even in her neighborhood?

These questions FREAK me out.

LOL, I've got my droid charging right now with the same type of charger that a whole list of phones that friends have. It also fits the Galaxy, as a friend has one. Guess it depends on the droid.

ETA-referring to the end that actually goes into the phone, which is a micro-usb. Also used with blackberries and about 50 other phone models.

My daughter charges her Droid with my other daughter's charger who has some LE phone so other chargers do fit.

We've got galaxy, Droid burst, iPhone, LG slider, Samsung eternity, android tablet, and. Ipod 4th Gen and
Not a damn one is interchangeable like Ella Mae said was the case as well in her home... lucky you:p

Eta:the "micro USB" is not the same on any of them.

We've got galaxy, Droid burst, iPhone, LG slider, Samsung eternity, android tablet, and. Ipod 4th Gen and not a damn one is interchangeable like Ella Mae said was the case as well in her home... lucky you:p
LOL, it used to be like that. So happy that there is only 1 charger needed in the car/house/etc. Well, except for the MAC stuff, it doesn't play nice with anything else.

ETA-Micro USB is a particular size. There is only 1 micro usb to my knowledge.

The Galaxy is a very popular phone, it wouldn't surprise me if other friends had the same one.

I also have to wonder if she had more than one charger.

I did send another email to the media guy, asking about if he could find out whether or not there were other items in her bag when found, and also what the deal is on the shirt...if it matched the one in the photo, or was another type of shirt altogether, or just a "Sharks" shirt similar enough so they can't tell...will see if he replies tomorrow...

Anywhoo.. I guess the point regarding the charger that is relevant to the case is that sierra's Mother made the statement that Sierra's charger being left at home was NOT normal for Sierra..

We've got galaxy, Droid burst, iPhone, LG slider, Samsung eternity, android tablet, and. Ipod 4th Gen and
Not a damn one is interchangeable like Ella Mae said was the case as well in her home... lucky you:p

Eta:the "micro USB" is not the same on any of them.
Off topic....
I have a box of old chargers from various phones that won't work for any of my family's newer phones. Maybe we can set up a cellphone charger swap on WS! LOL

I wonder if there's some significance to the perp choosing Friday to abduct her.

Maybe it's just me ,but Sierra leaving her Asthma medicine home makes me think she did not leave her house willingly. If you have Asthma you just don't forget your inhaler---maybe it was not an inhaler but meds just the same.

I would think her mother must find that strange too. Unless she forgot to take it with her many times. Anyone know more info on her condition?

I have no information on Sierra's asthma.

I do know that my husband, who has mild to moderate asthma, forgets to take his inhaler with him at least half the time he leaves the house. Makes me crazy! But he says he never needs it and when he's wearing jeans, it pokes him in the thigh, so he doesn't like to carry it.

Maybe if I got him a Juicy Couture bag to carry it in... <just kidding>

I think it depends on Sierra's habit with her inhaler. And on whether Marlene knew Sierra's habit with her inhaler because what parents think their children do and what their children actually do can differ.

Off topic....
I have a box of old chargers from various phones that won't work for any of my family's newer phones. Maybe we can set up a cellphone charger swap on WS! LOL

Ooh, I can certainly contribute to that!

BBM...

How do you know those things were not in her bag? Did LE specifically say there were no keys, no wallet, etc in the bag, or is that just an assumption being made because those items were not mentioned?

This is something that has been confusing to me. There have been conflicting quotes. I can provide if you'd like.

I have wondered this same thing, and I am not good at sleuthing so I can't track back to similar instances of this case (but, wouldn't there be a lot of them since we know these stories being WS members?)

The real question I have, if your thought is correct, and I am NOT discrediting you, why such a rural town?

And, does that person even live near by? And is Sierra even in her neighborhood?

These questions FREAK me out.

"Why such a rural town ? "

That might be a gift,that fact... a for real clue..MOO

Farm worker (s) MOO

This is something that has been confusing to me. There have been conflicting quotes. I can provide if you'd like.
I think it may just be a case of the left hand not talking to the right hand. Not that that helps much, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel