Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Sierra LaMar comes home.

WE all want her found and hopefully safe and sound.

Bye. I'll limp along on other missing/lost forums here. Good group of posters.
:clap:

After looking at those pics I would say that there is a possibility of them being tossed OR placed. I now can see why LE would say both. A placement is more likely but a throw is definitely possible. I didn't realize that cactus bushes were so large. Thanks for those pictures!

I can't imagine reaching in behind those cacti and placing anything, you would get numerous pricks from those spines. I'm very familiar with this type of cactus, and those spines HURT when they prick your skin. Even a long-sleeve shirt wouldn't be any protection, those things can go through heavy gloves.

Google Maps is a great resource but I personally know of Maps that are at least 8 years old. -FWIW

Chelsea Hoffman is reporting now that one of the items found by searchers was a bloody sweatshirt...has anyone else heard this? Seems like media would be all over that, as they speculated about the condoms, etc...

http://www./2012/04/profiling-sierra-lamar-disappearance.html

And check out what she writes about the urine...she makes it into a fact, only not known whether it was on the clothing or if someone urinated in the bag...honestly, I would love to know where she gets this stuff...she is sitting in Las Vegas, last I knew...

Oh, my goodness!!! This lady takes the phrase, "literary license" to a whole new level. Where on earth does she get her facts?

Be careful with Google Maps...

It is a great resource but I know of Maps that are at least 8 years old. -FWIW

I just did a little experiment with my webcam and phone, taking a picture of myself with both, then taking a picture with both pieces of equipment of the other picture. So four photos, 1) straight webcam shot, 2) straight phone shot, 3) webcam shot of phone photo on phone screen, 4) phone shot of webcam picture on computer monitor. I found a different result to the great experiment someone posted earlier, with a camera taking a photo of a monitor - these cameras being a different kettle of fish. I am now searching for all the images of this image on google to have a really good squizz.

It didn't take long, maybe someone less haggard and vein and shy can do it and share their results alongside Sierra's webcam photo that Marlene repeats was taken just before she left for the bus, LE says Sierra wasn't accounted for electronically after 6:30, of her wearing the t-shirt/jersey/sweatshirt/hoodie perhaps found in the bag.

I am sure glad they have no voluteer searches going on today at the search center. Driving in to work today I could not do more than 45 normally 65 it is pouring. Supposed to be like this all day.

Hi Everybody! I've been lurking on here for days!!! This case is so strange... I found this on the other day. I think it gives some good ideas.
<modsnip>

Oh, my goodness!!! This lady takes the phrase, "literary license" to a whole new level. Where on earth does she get her facts?

Yes and the problem is, she now gets picked up by the Huffington Post, along with another writer, both of whom include "facts" that are blatantly incorrect...HP had an article last week stating she left home at 6am...weeks after that had been proven to be false...etc, etc....also that a purse and backpack were found...so it is dangerous, as HP is kinda considered MSM...

ETA: In fact, the article posted on HP today says again about the "purse and backpack" found...the article with the screaming headline that Sierra may have been taken by an "experienced sex offender"...so bad info just keeps coming forward...

welcome to websleuths tucson93 :cheer:

(sorry, but we cannot link to psychics)

We are so glad to have you in our group~!
:cheer:

If there was another phone in the mix, that could also explain why she had no charger for the Galaxy. Just a theory.

Was there some mention of a pic on Twitter Sierra took of herself where you can see a white iPhone in her hand? Does anyone know more of this, as this could explain why the charger for Galaxy was left at home?

The sonar equipment used by the Santa Clara County Sheriffs office this week to look for evidence related to missing teen Sierra LaMar in two South County reservoirs has been used in other missing persons cases, officials said.

Notable missing person cases where the sonar was used include Laci Peterson in Modesto, a retired California Highway Patrol officer in Stampede Reservoir in Truckee, a fisherman in Bethany Reservoir in Alameda County, a swimmer in Avocado Lake in Fresno County, and a cold case homicide in the city of Santa Clara, according to Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza. Two of those cases were successful in yielding information pertinent to the case.
http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/marine-sonar-helpful-in-missing-person-cases

I wonder if there's some significance to the perp choosing Friday to abduct her.

Your post made me think of something I heard yesterday on tv.

OT:

Most robberies are done on Fridays.

Guess the perps wants the weekend to be able to spend the stolen money.

So maybe they took Sierra because they had Friday off and didnt have to work the weekend.That way they wouldnt be missed at work.

IMO

Yes and the problem is, she now gets picked up by the Huffington Post, along with another writer, both of whom include "facts" that are blatantly incorrect...HP had an article last week stating she left home at 6am...weeks after that had been proven to be false...etc, etc....also that a purse and backpack were found...so it is dangerous, as HP is kinda considered MSM...

ETA: In fact, the article posted on HP today says again about the "purse and backpack" found...the article with the screaming headline that Sierra may have been taken by an "experienced sex offender"...so bad info just keeps coming forward...

There are always going to be some misinterpretations of the facts. It isnt just HP who does this. I see it a lot in other articles I read. Heck Nancy gets the facts wrong at times too.

But the opinions held by the two Ex-FBI agents are pretty much in agreement with each other.

IMO

Your post made me think of something I heard yesterday on tv.

OT:

Most robberies are done on Fridays.

Guess the perps wants the weekend to be able to spend the stolen money.

So maybe they took Sierra because they had Friday off and didnt have to work the weekend.That way they wouldnt be missed at work.

IMO

A few other things about Friday:

a) Payday for some
b) If the perp is in a trade, it is generally a more slack day
c) If this Friday was raining, and the person was in a trade that works outside, he may not have had to work.
d) Some people do have Fridays off.

I am only focussing on the trade thing because my hubby owns a roofing business and I have seen the above occur. It is not because Rick is in a trade.

A few other things about Friday:

a) Payday for some
b) If the perp is in a trade, it is generally a more slack day
c) If this Friday was raining, and the person was in a trade that works outside, he may not have had to work.
d) Some people do have Fridays off.

I am only focussing on the trade thing because my hubby owns a roofing business and I have seen the above occur. It is not because Rick is in a trade.

I agree and building contractors also have inside work to do and can pick those days to work in the inside instead of out if it is raining too hard.

Roofing contractors such as your hubby are pretty much at the mercy of mother nature when it rains hard.

IMO

I wake up in the middle of the night thinking of this case and last night I had a thought. I know in gated communities per say, Friday is usually the day for landscaping work, et al. Could this have been a scheduled day to have the maintenance company do work on the garden, if they had this service? I'm sure however LE have already looked into this lead. I know in Palm Beach where I go from time to time every Friday is the day the landscaping workers come in to tend all the houses hedges and lawns....and they go in very early around dawn. Sierra's neighborhood though rural looks quite upscale and the gardens in front of the homes do look as if they have been professionally landscaped, especially the beautiful Tudor style house near to hers.
Anyway, I feel I am grasping at straws now.....just hoping some viable evidence and or clues pop up now so this case does not go cold!

Was there some mention of a pic on Twitter Sierra took of herself where you can see a white iPhone in her hand? Does anyone know more of this, as this could explain why the charger for Galaxy was left at home?

Sierra tweeted back in January about using her sister's iTouch and bemoaning the theft of her own iTouch.

An iTouch is an iPhone without that pesky phone feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89