CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully LE is going to step up and search the house to gather evidence. This doesn't sound good at all :( I wonder how long they will be searching the lake.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for following. :) Cars that she would have used aren't missing. So that probably means someone took her somewhere.

But they have their suspicions. We just can't go there yet.

The ATM question is one of the list of questions we hope her daughter can answer when she gets verified.

The Trinity River is dammed to make Lewiston Lake (a reservoir according to google). The larger lake is Trinity Lake. Drones are often used and would be a good idea. I believe the first search involved using boats to search the river banks for any sign of someone slipping into the lake. I'm not sure if they covered the shallow spots.

Zero we can say...so far. Lots on SM of course.

Sister is waiting to be accepted to this site. The lake shoreline hax been explored by boat. Nothing suspicious. There was a drone last weekend. There is the suggestion of using a community member's sonar via boat to check several areas (though no date has been set). No ATM activity since last month.

Does anyone know what a patio boat is? Also, where is the local Moose Lodge located?

Will check on any RSOs in the neighborhood.

The patio boat across the street from BF's home. Local Moose Lodge is located 5.6 miles. Is it against the rules for me to submit a Google Maps page? Last time no one seemed to object?????

For some reason I can't get either video to play on my iPad. I'd love another link or a basic summary/transcription of what was said.

Yes, we are free to discuss the missing carpet in BF's bedroom. Ugh! Is it a rug that Stacey could have been rolled up inside, or is it tacked down carpet that may have telltale stains that needed to go bye bye?

IIRC There was a rug missing from Stephanie Warner's house. #^$&@ boyfriend!!!!! :mad:
Sorry, Lilibet, I couldn't find the video on any other website. Stacey's sister was saying that she walked through the BF's residence and noticed the carpet in the entry to his room was gone.

Which case are you thinking of? Drawing a blank, except for Stephanie.
Seems, IIRC, there have been a number of disappearances in which one of the few clues to the person's demise was missing carpeting that had been there earlier. I just watched a video the other day about a man who was presumed dead after his trail led to a business rival's home where the carpet and flooring in the entryway had been torn out. But, the one who came to mind first was Susan Powell.

Does anyone know what a patio boat is? Also, where is the local Moose Lodge located?

Will check on any RSOs in the neighborhood.

A patio boat is similar to a house boat if you are familiar, only it is without walls and has a roof on it. Think of a platform with pontoons on it.

I think the main reason Stacey's thread is so quiet is that the information about her is so very limited. That's because she doesn't have family nearby and hasn't had time to form close friendships in her new surroundings -- people who can answer questions about Stacey's habits and schedule and narrow down a timeline. The only person who fits that description and should be the most vocal on her behalf isn't saying anything and never even bothered to report her missing in the first place. MOO
True only in part~she has been a part of this community since 6th or 7th grade. We are a small community overall--the rural communities are separated by 6 to 34 miles in general. The family has nailed down their own last contact with her October 12, next door neighbors saw her at a housewarming at the a Pine Cove residence several days later. She moved from Weaverville to Lewiston. She has only been involved with her BF for about six months prior to having gone missing. Stacey has a known problem with alcohol. Family denies any history of ever having had DT's (alcohol withdrawl which can be lethal in some cases). She has once family member in Lewiston and two close relatives in Weaverville, and a fair amount of extended family in Trinity County. To date, I have not seen any media sources with an interview by or statement of her BF.

Also of note: her name is being spelled two different ways in the media. Stacey's daughter spells it one way, sister spells another. Variations: Stacy, Stacey. Just an FYI.

6.9 miles between (if posting this google map is for some reason, not appropriate, please let me know)

Google maps are fine. We use them on many cases.

When you say her sister is waiting to be accepted on WS, are you talking about just being a member or being a verified insider? If she's waited a long time and is having trouble joining, sometimes the email you use can be the problem. Some are not accepted here. Here's a link about that. It may be a little outdated but it gives contact info if she's having trouble due to email.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?73472-Acceptable-Email-Addresses

Sorry, Lilibet, I couldn't find the video on any other website. Stacey's sister was saying that she walked through the BF's residence and noticed the carpet in the entry to his room was gone.

Seems, IIRC, there have been a number of disappearances in which one of the few clues to the person's demise was missing carpeting that had been there earlier. I just watched a video the other day about a man who was presumed dead after his trail led to a business rival's home where the carpet and flooring in the entryway had been torn out. But, the one who came to mind first was Susan Powell.
BBM

Thanks for the video info. That doesn't sound good. Yes of course, Susan Powell. How could I forget!! That case haunts me.

True only in part~she has been a part of this community since 6th or 7th grade. We are a small community overall--the rural communities are separated by 6 to 34 miles in general. The family has nailed down their own last contact with her October 12, next door neighbors saw her at a housewarming at the a Pine Cove residence several days later. She moved from Weaverville to Lewiston. She has only been involved with her BF for about six months prior to having gone missing. Stacey has a known problem with alcohol. Family denies any history of ever having had DT's (alcohol withdrawl which can be lethal in some cases). She has once family member in Lewiston and two close relatives in Weaverville, and a fair amount of extended family in Trinity County. To date, I have not seen any media sources with an interview by or statement of her BF.

Thanks for this info scrap_hag. Most of this is in MSM, but the alcohol problem isn't. It would be great if you would become a verified insider. Then you would be free to post information that isn't in MSM. I'm sure as an insider it's hard to keep track of what has been published. If you're verified you won't have to worry about breaking the rules. I've posted info about the process on the thread. I hope you'll consider it. :) And please ask Stacey's sister to become verified. It's very important and doesn't take long.

Thanks for this info scrap_hag. Most of this is in MSM, but the alcohol problem isn't. It would be great if you would become a verified insider. Then you would be free to post information that isn't in MSM. I'm sure as an insider it's hard to keep track of what has been published. If you're verified you won't have to worry about breaking the rules. I've posted info about the process on the thread. I hope you'll consider it. :) And please ask Stacey's sister to become verified. It's very important and doesn't take long.

Welcome scrap_hag!

Finally we are getting more info.

Last night I sent the link to the WS's thread to her daughter Nicole, and her sister Melissa.

The missing carpet is not a good sign. :'(

When doing research please remember that her name is spelled in different ways: Stacey, Stacy and last name Smart/Hamilton.

Recovery groups or Detox centers nearby should be look into by LE, friends or relatives. JMO

ps. I don't know SM personally, nor her relatives. Following Mod's recommendation I decided to adopt her thread because it had little activity and it tug at my heart.

Yes, we aren't hearing much of anything from Law Enforcement. Neither have the reporters. Ground search had been limited to volunteers in the community, friends and of course, family members. Todays search did not locate Stacey or any sign of her.

Where's the rug?

It broke my heart when her daughter said, "In my heart, I just know." In most of the cases I've followed, the family doesn't want to admit that there's a good chance their loved one is no longer alive. I really wish we had more info on the BF. Unfortunately, he had a couple weeks to remove carpet and anything else he needed to do.

Since it's been mentioned in MSM now, I think we are free to discuss the (missing) carpeting in the BF's BR?
Question: If cadaver dogs came in now, could they still detect anything with carpet having been removed?

Question: If cadaver dogs came in now, could they still detect anything with carpet having been removed?

I would think they could unless possibly there are chemicals masking the scent. Of course to do that requires a search warrant and probable cause to obtain it. And that can take a lot of time.

Cadaver dogs can also be used on water and detect a body below the surface. I just thought I'd throw that out there in case searchers don't know.

It broke my heart when her daughter said, "In my heart, I just know." In most of the cases I've followed, the family doesn't want to admit that there's a good chance their loved one is no longer alive. I really wish we had more info on the BF. Unfortunately, he had a couple weeks to remove carpet and anything else he needed to do.

You're so right about families holding onto hope when it's pretty obvious there is not going to be a good outcome. This is just heartbreaking.

I hope when someone becomes a verified insider we will get more info about the boyfriend. But we will still have to be careful what we say until he is named a POI. This case really brings back Stephanie Warner's disappearance. Funny story...I was new and I remember posting the results of my extensive research about her boyfriend before he was named a POI. The posts were deleted, but the sweet mod saved them and returned them and told me to hang onto them and repost when he had been named a POI. The minute that happened, I posted and we were off and running. A lot of good it did, since she hasn't been found and he hasn't been arrested. :( But he sure hated Websleuths, especially when Stephanie's best friend became verified and posted lots of inside info!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back