Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That page also mentions an "outside investor" <modsnip - parties who are neither victim nor named POI can not be named on the thread> which is also the first name of one of the defendants in the harassment lawsuits.

Last edited by a moderator:
The name mentioned, M, is also metioned in one of the articles above as a friend and neighbour of the Menards
"They don't deserve this. ... They're just good people. They go to church. They don't deserve any of this," Sandy Marinelli, who has been friends with the couple for more than a decade, told CBS News."They) went inside their home to see if they would be OK inside and they didn't find them in there," Marinelli said. "It was just very suspicious for them to be gone."
*who is they?

*She sure is:
Opposition of Motion Filed

Last edited by a moderator:
*There are three here for Civil Harrassment all filed on the same day for Stephanie.
Thanks for that! - I drew a big zero when looking for cases in the Bernadino County court site under their names. Trellis requires a subscription to view the documents though was I couldn't see any details - maybe another member here has a subscription. UPDATE: I found the cases if I entered first name and last name (normal court search engines have you enter last name comma first name.) The three cases came up. In one, a request for a restraining order against the harasser was denied by the court but the case is active. One case was dismissed, the third is active and judgement was entered in June according to case notes but no details. Public Portal - Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino

Last edited:
There is clearly a security camera on the building near the gated entrance. I assume police have checked the footage.
I wonder if that’s the only security camera around. I imagine most security cameras (i.e. neighbors’ Ring cameras) wouldn’t be allowed at nudist resorts, for resident/guest privacy.

If so, that could slow down an investigation.

Edited to add: Although I don’t know how these kinds of resorts work. Maybe people are nude only in community buildings and at social events, not on the street? Maybe people are allowed to photograph/record in public spaces?

Last edited:
1724886197276.png

The pair were last seen at leaving their home at the Olive Dell nudist ranch. The ranch is comprised of RVs and small homes

The pair were last seen at leaving their home at the Olive Dell nudist ranch. The ranch is comprised of RVs and small homes

They] went inside their home to see if they would be OK inside and they didn't find them in there.

'But, they found Stephanie's purse was in there, [her]cane was in there. [The] TV was left on, [the] computer was left on. It was just very suspicious for them to be gone,' she told CBS News.

Another friend of the couple, Tammie Wilkerson noted that there was 'no way' the couple walked away from their car and left their stuff behind.

Last edited:
Has there been mention of how advanced Daniel’s dementia is? Wondering if he has a habit of wandering from home.
I haven't seen any other mention i wondered about him wandering and stephanie going after him but she didnt even have her cane to get to the car in the first place if her cane was found indoors. Sounds like her friend that was in the news articles is all up in that lawsuit with them. Shes got to be so worried about Stephanie since Stephanie is the only one mentioned, as the protected party, nothing in Daniel's name.

Last edited:
This says they were seen leaving their house. I wish they elaborated on that. Seen in the vehicle on video camera? Seen by neighbors getting in the car? How were they seen?

jmo

Yes, very frustrating.

I don't think that is an official police poster, and IMO it may have garbled the details.

The police statement was posted earlier

"Both subjects were last seen at their residence in the 26000 block of Keissel Road, at approximately 10 a.m. Aug. 24, 2024.

The Menards' unlocked vehicle was located down the road from their residence the same day."

So, according to police, they were seen at the home Sat am (not necessarily leaving it). Their car was found later on Saturday, not Sunday as is stated in the missing poster.

The car seems to not have been followed up on that Saturday, it seems it was only when they missed church that someone checked their home and officially reported to police.

IMO, if someone did indeed see them leaving the house, then police are keeping those details back.

JMO

Last edited:
Yes, very frustrating.

I don't think that is an official police poster, and IMO it may have garbled the details.

The police statement was posted earlier

"Both subjects were last seen at their residence in the 26000 block of Keissel Road, at approximately 10 a.m. Aug. 24, 2024.

The Menards' unlocked vehicle was located down the road from their residence the same day."

So, according to police, they were seen at the home Sat am (not necessarily leaving it). Their car was found Saturday afternoon, not Sunday as is stated in the missing poster.

The car seems to not have been followed up on that Saturday, it seems it was only when they missed church that someone checked their home and officially reported to police.

IMO, if someone did indeed see them leaving the house, then police are keeping those details back.

JMO
Thank you for posting what appears to be more accurate info!

jmo

Not any single news until 1 h ago mention the dog as found unfortunately, I’ m starting to seiously think they were abducted and or killed, possibly linked to the lawsuit indeed, and I hope to be terribly wrong
Why would a kidnapper also take the couple’s dog though? Seems like that would only complicate things, especially if Cuddles is rambunctious or a barker.

Even if the dog got out during the melee, I doubt a little shih tzu would get too far. Probably wait around for his owners to return, or head to a familiar neighbor’s?

Why would a kidnapper also take the couple’s dog though? Seems like that would only complicate things, especially if Cuddles is rambunctious or a barker.

Even if the dog got out during the melee, I doubt a little shih tzu would get too far. Probably wait around for his owners to return, or head to a familiar neighbor’s?
It's hard to know the terrain where the car was found. Keissel Road is both a suburban street lined with homes, and a dirt road through the dry hills

Screenshot_20240828-170308_Maps.jpg

Were they likely to take the dog out for a quick ride/walk, or view the sunset or something?

ETA: report from church posted upthread refers to intense searching of the canyons on both sides of Keissel and Reche Canyon Roads, leads me to believe the car was left in this area on the map

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back