CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news report I read said cash AND credit cards were missing. Not sure which report is accurate.

Thanks -- my mistake. I think I meant to write that there was no indication her credit cards had been used (as far as I know), but got interrupted and erred.

Thank you -- I wish I could help!

Knowing that shopping center a bit, I can't fathom that anyone could have abducted her in what is basically broad daylight, and NO ONE saw or heard anything.

So why? What possible motive could an abductor who was a stranger to Susan have that would justify taking such a huge risk?

Too much of a coincidence in some aspects and yet.....Something very similar to this transpired in Petaluma, CA, up to a point. It was almost a year ago.

There is a Raley's on the main drag of Petaluma in a respectable ( not run down ) shopping plaza, with a Ross, Starbucks, K-Mart and quite a few other businesses including a Bank of America, McDonalds and so forth.

One early morning last July, a woman was sitting in her automobile waiting for Raley's to open when a bedraggled woman in her mid 20s came up to the driver's side window and yelled , " Get out of the car, I have a gun. I want the keys and your purse. "
Looks like she is now a fugitive :-
http://www.fugitive.com/2012/07/15/...rested-allegedly-trying-to-carjack-two-women/

Ashley Elizabeth Barnes Petaluma woman was arrested allegedly trying to carjack two women
From the looks of the site, she skipped bail.
Perhaps she went to the Sacramento area.Though she was only pretending to have a gun that day, she had been arrested previously with a loaded gun.

These things do happen in broad day light rather too often. Though the parking lots aren't deserted that early, they aren't teeming with people either.
Would be thiefs, the desperate homeless, car jackers, kidnappers and those who would do ANYTHING to get drug money are more than ready to take their chances. Their prey is often older people, especially if they are parked in the Handicapped spots...or slightly built people who may look frail and easy to over come. ( Like this missing woman )

A woman alone early in the morning or late in the evening in a parking lot simply isn't safe in ANY neighborhood. So, if you can park directly in front of the store and there are people who can see you in groups scattered near by..very near..your chances are better, but not excellent. During the Christmas season those large covered parking lots adjacent to the big malls are really dangerous. The lighting is poor et al. Simply not safe.

Could Ashley Barnes be involved in this case....Roseville and Petaluma aren't terribly far apart, about two hours. This Barnes woman would have likely left Sonoma County as quickly as she could. It's just a shot in the dark....but truth is stranger than fiction they say.

I pray Susan is found alive very soon. :seeya:

The thing is, leaving her car behind, she would have had to get into another to vanish so completely. Obviously she was not carjacked. So if she was abducted, she was taken into another car and driven out of the area.

I wonder if other dogs have searched that area where there was a "hit" by a volunteer's tracking dog.

P.S. I'm thinking, what if this time Whoever had someone else with her/him and they already had wheels....just wanted some quick cash and a person to hold for ransome...then couldn't figure out how to arrange some sort of deal with the family...so hopefully instead of doing away with her, they took her, say to Nevada and are holding her there until they decide what to do next.

I know it sounds dreadful and not terribly feasible...but drug addled people do very strange things and I'm trying to be at least partially optimistic .They are hopefully afraid to just abandon her somewhere or kill her because they are more petty criminals and don't want the death penalty or life in prison.

P.S. I'm thinking, what if this time Whoever had someone else with her/him and they already had wheels....just wanted some quick cash and a person to hold for ransome...then couldn't figure out how to arrange some sort of deal with the family...so hopefully instead of doing away with her, they took her, say to Nevada and are holding her there until they decide what to do next.

I know it sounds dreadful and not terribly feasible...but drug addled people do very strange things and I'm trying to be at least partially optimistic .They are hopefully afraid to just abandon her somewhere or kill her because they are more petty criminals and don't want the death penalty or life in prison.

But they also would not be likely to be in a position to hold an adult captive, yet fed and healthy for all this time. Honestly, the best chance for her to be alive is if she left on her own, though I can't imagine where she would have gone.

Thanks cluciano63. Am just trying to think outside the box a bit, particularly about the possible perp.

As I've explained, what caught my attention about this case is that it began just like the two instances I posted above, with a woman alone early in the morning in a Calif. Raley's parking lot. Only five similarities: female, alone, Raley's, northern central California and early in the morning. And yet, that's five more possible connections than anything else I've read so far.
:twocents:

Hard as it is to face, maybe they weren't able to keep her alive. But I am inclined very much to believe she was accosted by two people.

I cannot get out of my mind that maybe Susan was taken at gunpoint and dropped her wallet so someone would find it and ID it as hers. Took the credit cards to leave them as cookie crumbs? Have all the shrubs, gutters been looked at? I know it rained afterwards and before the searches. Have any cards turned up inside mailboxes? Has anyone contacted the Main Postal Office to check?

I just checked the LE Facebook... My question is still there.....

I am on myiPad.... So do not know how to link... But here is the official Facebook name... And it is easy to google...

City of Roseville Public Safety (Police & Fire)

Hope this helps....:seeya:

The credit cards have not been found have they? Or used?

My first thought on that is staged robbery.

:moo:

But they also would not be likely to be in a position to hold an adult captive, yet fed and healthy for all this time. Honestly, the best chance for her to be alive is if she left on her own, though I can't imagine where she would have gone.

Exactly, how would a 59 year old woman be living, paying for food, a place to stay-how would she be travelling on her own without resources? If she left voluntarily, if she had an episode of some mental breakdown...if there was ANY likelihood of these scenarios, I could see her missing for a matter of days, maybe a few weeks at most, but where is she TWO MONTHS later? How easy would it have been for a car to pull up next to her as she's getting out of her car and pull her inside? She's such a tiny person and if she were caught off guard...I hate to suggest such a thing, but it makes more sense to me than to think this wife, mother, and soon-to-be grandmother, at her age, left voluntarily.

Exactly, how would a 59 year old woman be living, paying for food, a place to stay-how would she be travelling on her own without resources? If she left voluntarily, if she had an episode of some mental breakdown...if there was ANY likelihood of these scenarios, I could see her missing for a matter of days, maybe a few weeks at most, but where is she TWO MONTHS later? How easy would it have been for a car to pull up next to her as she's getting out of her car and pull her inside? She's such a tiny person and if she were caught off guard...I hate to suggest such a thing, but it makes more sense to me than to think this wife, mother, and soon-to-be grandmother, at her age, left voluntarily.

I have said all along, that as a somewhat homebound, quiet, rather unsociable woman like myself, which seems to describe Susan to some degree as well, that even with my Websleuths experience, I cannot think of a way to disappear without cash, without a trace. So her leaving on her own is hard to imagine for me, unless she is hiding in a shelter. She has been gone two months now; that length of time would require a lot of cash, or a very secret friend, neither of which she appears to have had. So I do not believe she up and left, though that seems to be the only way she could be alive, IMO.

I know that LE is not going to publicize all they know, or even share with the family all they know, but I hope they are not equating lack of evidence with a voluntary disappearance. I hope they are continuing locally to ask the public to come forward with what they know to help find Susan. Someone, somewhere knows where she is.

Who would benefit from Susan not being there anymore?

How would this person(s) benefit from Susan not being there anymore?

If Susan was abducted from her car and placed into another car at the shopping center, and that car left the shopping center via Woodcreek Oaks Blvd, that car would seem to me to be traveling south on Woodcreek Oaks Blvd in the right turn lane, the wallet thrown there (by a passenger in the car perhaps), and the car then proceeded to turn west onto Pleasant Grove, which would be the same direction that would lead to the way to go to Susan's house. All this is hypothetical and IMOO. Of course it could have been staged to look like it could have been a car traveling in that direction, as where the wallet was found was near the backside of the Wells Fargo and that is near the turn lane to go onto Pleasant Grove.

Who would benefit from Susan not being there anymore?

How would this person(s) benefit from Susan not being there anymore?

Great questions. Along with something that was already mentioned -- who was the last person to see Susan alive -- and when -- excluding her husband.

Regarding the possible abduction scenarios that posters have detailed, if detectives believe that is within the realm of possibility, shouldn't the Roseville PD's public information officer be putting out press releases alerting the public to the danger that may be lurking in their community?

I just checked the LE Facebook... My question is still there.....

I am on myiPad.... So do not know how to link... But here is the official Facebook name... And it is easy to google...

City of Roseville Public Safety (Police & Fire)

Hope this helps....:seeya:

I like this idea very much. I'm not on Facebook, so I don't think I can access it. Please let us know if you receive a response.

Remember Ivy Merck?

Great questions. Along with something that was already mentioned -- who was the last person to see Susan alive -- and when -- excluding her husband.

Regarding the possible abduction scenarios that posters have detailed, if detectives believe that is within the realm of possibility, shouldn't the Roseville PD's public information officer be putting out press releases alerting the public to the danger that may be lurking in their community?

We have been asking that same question since she went missing.

Its not unheard of to hear that ppl walk away from their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR