CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem staged, especially since no one (apparently) saw anything. It also seems as though if LE knew Susan was the one who parked the car, there would be no reason not to say so.

Exactly what I can't get past. Susan's abductors would have had to grab her quickly and give her no time to scream or give any other indication she was in danger. Then they would have had to be savvy enough to leave zero forensic evidence and avoid being captured on any camera. Yet, to me, their brazenness at grabbing someone in this place at this time seems inconsistent with the skill set they would have had to possess to pull this off with no witnesses and, as far as we know, no other evidence. As I said earlier, if this was an abduction, sheer luck was on their side that morning.

I'm compelled to drive over to that shopping center that time of morning and see exactly how much activity occurs on a typical day. Unfortunately, that's the time I'm most needed at home (but I'm working on trying to figure out how I can arrange this).

It would also be interesting to know how many people responded to law enforcement's appeal for any witnesses who were in that parking lot between 4 am and noon, and if anyone saw anything meaningful.

Exactly what I can't get past. Susan's abductors would have had to grab her quickly and give her no time to scream or give any other indication she was in danger. Then they would have had to be savvy enough to leave zero forensic evidence and avoid being captured on any camera. Yet, to me, their brazenness at grabbing someone in this place at this time seems inconsistent with the skill set they would have had to possess to pull this off with no witnesses and, as far as we know, no other evidence. As I said earlier, if this was an abduction, sheer luck was on their side that morning.

I'm compelled to drive over to that shopping center that time of morning and see exactly how much activity occurs on a typical day. Unfortunately, that's the time I'm most needed at home (but I'm working on trying to figure out how I can arrange this).

It would also be interesting to know how many people responded to law enforcement's appeal for any witnesses who were in that parking lot between 4 am and noon, and if anyone saw anything meaningful.

And the thing is, the car was unlocked (both doors, or just one?), and her purse was in her car, but the wallet missing. So if it was an abduction in the parking lot, they would have had to take a moment to riffle through the purse to get the wallet, then throw the wallet out the window after they left the parking lot in their own vehicle, perhaps, if this did occur? IMOO.
And still they would have had to take the time to force her into another vehicle as well while all this was going on..... IMOO.

And the thing is, the car was unlocked (both doors, or just one?), and her purse was in her car, but the wallet missing. So if it was an abduction in the parking lot, they would have had to take a moment to riffle through the purse to get the wallet, then throw the wallet out the window after they left the parking lot in their own vehicle, perhaps, if this did occur? IMOO.
And still they would have had to take the time to force her into another vehicle as well while all this was going on..... IMOO.

I've been having the same thoughts, trying to visualize the sequence of events.
If this was some desperate, drug-addled perpetrator, why not just take the entire purse? Wouldn't the thief want to know if there were valuables -- such as money in a zippered pocket -- in the purse?
And why leave the ID?
Unless someone wanted to be sure that the wallet was identified as belonging to Susan (?). IMOO.

Has Susan kept in contact with any of her friends from when she lived in Las Vegas, Nevada?
For Susan to find it difficult to make new friends because of her shyness, might lead her back to her past, if she had friends in Nevada?
How long did Susan live in Nevada?

http://www.thepresstribune.com/arti...ses-fears-around-mother’s-disappearance

"Susan and Chris Jacobson moved to Roseville from Las Vegas in 2006, primarily to be closer to their son, Kevin, who was caring for Susan’s ailing mother in the Bay Area. Susan and Chris settled into their Sun City home. Chris started working at the Rocklin R.C. Willey and Susan took over fulltime care of her mother, who eventually passed away in 2007."

I've been having the same thoughts, trying to visualize the sequence of events.
If this was some desperate, drug-addled perpetrator, why not just take the entire purse? Wouldn't the thief want to know if there were valuables -- such as money in a zippered pocket -- in the purse?
And why leave the ID?
Unless someone wanted to be sure that the wallet was identified as belonging to Susan (?). IMOO.

Right, it was like the ID was left/thrown there on purpose to be able to ID who it belonged to....like, hey, check right here, if her wallet is here, then maybe her car will be found in the parking lot, too? IMOO. Strange......

Right, it was like the ID was left/thrown there on purpose to be able to ID who it belonged to....like, hey, check right here, if her wallet is here, then maybe her car will be found in the parking lot, too? IMOO. Strange......

Yep. Also ensures that the wallet would eventually be turned in. If someone found a wallet with nothing in it, they might be tempted to just toss it. But if someone finds ID, they might turn it in hopes it would find its way back to its owner. In this case, if they didn't turn the wallet in immediately, they would eventually realize, "Hey -- this wallet belongs to the woman that was reported missing!"

That video is very strange, IMO.
Police never asked him of he was involved?
Have they asked him since?
I am sure he was nervous and maybe had not slept in days, but it just leaves a weird feeling.

That video is very strange, IMO.
Police never asked him of he was involved?
Have they asked him since?
I am sure he was nervous and maybe had not slept in days, but it just leaves a weird feeling.

Kjac (for whom I have the utmost respect) also confirmed that law enforcement didn't request that Mr. Jacobson take a polygraph.

The May 9 article below, which has been posted before, states that Roseville Police Sergeant Darin DeFreece says that police are attacking the case with the urgency of a kidnapping and the manpower of a homicide. DeFreece: "It is so suspicious that we are throwing a lot of resources at it.":

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/09/5406419/missing-womans-husband-clings.html

So, go figure. But it also indicates that, at least initially, police probably didn't consider a voluntary disappearance on Susan's part was near the top of the list of possibilities, at least in my opinion/interpretation.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but it's worth watching for anyone who may have missed it the first time. This May 6th report includes good views of the shopping center parking lot in which Susan's car was found, along with an interview with Susan's husband, Chris Jacobson:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...or-information-about-missing-roseville-woman/

Thanks for this, as I haven't seen it before.
Hmm. That was a very strange thing to answer to the question if he had anything to do with Susan's disappearance...

You're very welcome!

The poor husband's comments ("I'm sure I'm at the top of everyone's list") leads me to believe even he realizes there's an obvious hinky-factor to the circumstances.

It's not only a hinky factor to the circumstances, but he even mentions that he is sure he is at the top of Everyone's list. Taking a polygraph might alleviate that, or might not.......
As the article pointed out, nobody is ruled in or Out.
IMOO........

Who was the first one to find Susan's car in the parking lot to the shopping center?

http://www.roseville.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=3677

In this article it states:

"Officers found her car, a dark blue Honda Civic, unoccupied in the same parking lot."

Susan's husband knew she was going shopping that morning. Did he find the car and alert police
or did the police find the car first?

Who was the first one to find Susan's car in the parking lot to the shopping center?

"Officers found her car, a dark blue Honda Civic, unoccupied in the same parking lot."

Susan's husband knew she was going shopping that morning. Did he find the car and alert police

If I recall correctly, he didn't find the car, which makes me assume investigators did.

I also recall reading a post (hopefully on here) in which the writer says she/he was at the shopping center "when they found the car." If that person's still reading, I hope they'll enlighten us -- including a description of where in the parking lot the car was found.

Edited to add: Oh, I see what you mean. You're thinking that even though officers found her car, he might have lead them to it. Good point.

I'm not sure how to do this, but here's post #16 on this thread from Kjac:

"Info on Susan's disappearance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this is public info for the most part - though it is meant to clarify some things and answer some questions in the thread. Susan's husband left to go workout at 6am. He returned around 7:30 and she had left already to the grocery store and possibly other errands. She likely left closer to 7. Raley's is 2 miles from their house. She is an "early-riser" so going at this early is not out of the ordinary. Her car was found in the Raley's parking lot - it was found unlocked, which is VERY out of the ordinary for her. Her wallet was found missing cash and credit cards on the street-side near the Starbucks on the corner - so it seems likely that someone may have tossed it out the window when leaving the shopping center (guess)? She doesn't drink coffee - and doesn't normally go to Starbucks (which is in the same shopping center as Raley's). All these are very suspicious things because Susan is a very organized and careful person and would never leave her wallet, or her car unlocked, etc. I do not believe they have been able to place Susan inside Raley's, so it may have happened when she first arrived in the shopping center. This would likely place timing around 7:30 (but could have been anywhere from 6:45 - close to 8). Her wallet was turned in at Starbucks by a jogger at around 8am.

The reference to RC Willy's was an error - the only relation there is that her husband works for them, and they have been very supportive, including a large portion of their employees turning out for the search over the weekend.

Her car didn't "show up" Wednesday night, but that is when she was reported missing and the police found the car. It had likely been there all day, since whatever incident occurred on Wednesday morning.

She wasn't full on grocery shopping - just picking up some bread and little stuff - so sitting in the car while she ran her other errands wouldn't have been a big deal. I think she was going to Raley's, then on to Target, which didn't open until 8.

There are some cameras at intersections and one right outside Raley's front door. I'm hopefully they can show something, but I don't know of anything yet.

Thanks for your interest."
//end//

Note that he says police found the car.

If I recall correctly, he didn't find the car, which makes me assume investigators did.

I also recall reading a post (hopefully on here) in which the writer says she/he was at the shopping center "when they found the car." If that person's still reading, I hope they'll enlighten us -- including a description of where in the parking lot the car was found.

Edited to add: Oh, I see what you mean. You're thinking that even though officers found her car, he might have lead them to it. Good point.

And from this article:

Jacobson said he sheepishly called the police at around 7 p.m. on the first day of her disappearance.

"I was still unsure sure if I should bother the police with it or not," Jacobson said from the Sun City Roseville home he shared with his wife. "At the same time, it was very unlike her. She is a very regimented, schedule-oriented person."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/09/5406419/missing-womans-husband-clings.html#storylink=cpy

So does that mean he did not search for her vehicle in the shopping center that he knew she would be at that day?
If he saw that her vehicle was in the shopping center, then why call the police at all? She would be shopping right?
Does that mean he did not check the shopping center, but "sheepishly" called the police when she did not return home?
The shopping center is in their neighborhood.......

I'm not sure how to do this, but here's post #16 on this thread from Kjac:

"Info on Susan's disappearance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this is public info for the most part - though it is meant to clarify some things and answer some questions in the thread. Susan's husband left to go workout at 6am. He returned around 7:30 and she had left already to the grocery store and possibly other errands. She likely left closer to 7. Raley's is 2 miles from their house. She is an "early-riser" so going at this early is not out of the ordinary. Her car was found in the Raley's parking lot - it was found unlocked, which is VERY out of the ordinary for her. Her wallet was found missing cash and credit cards on the street-side near the Starbucks on the corner - so it seems likely that someone may have tossed it out the window when leaving the shopping center (guess)? She doesn't drink coffee - and doesn't normally go to Starbucks (which is in the same shopping center as Raley's). All these are very suspicious things because Susan is a very organized and careful person and would never leave her wallet, or her car unlocked, etc. I do not believe they have been able to place Susan inside Raley's, so it may have happened when she first arrived in the shopping center. This would likely place timing around 7:30 (but could have been anywhere from 6:45 - close to 8). Her wallet was turned in at Starbucks by a jogger at around 8am.

The reference to RC Willy's was an error - the only relation there is that her husband works for them, and they have been very supportive, including a large portion of their employees turning out for the search over the weekend.

Her car didn't "show up" Wednesday night, but that is when she was reported missing and the police found the car. It had likely been there all day, since whatever incident occurred on Wednesday morning.

She wasn't full on grocery shopping - just picking up some bread and little stuff - so sitting in the car while she ran her other errands wouldn't have been a big deal. I think she was going to Raley's, then on to Target, which didn't open until 8.

There are some cameras at intersections and one right outside Raley's front door. I'm hopefully they can show something, but I don't know of anything yet.

Thanks for your interest."
//end//

Note that he says police found the car.

Ok, the police found the car. He knew she would be shopping there. He did not check the parking lot First before calling the police that his wife is missing?
If you know that your wife is going shopping at the shopping center, and she isn't home when you get home from work, wouldn't you Before you call the police, Check the shopping center to see if she is still there?? IMOO.
And if he did that, how long did he hang around the shopping center to see when she would return to her vehicle? It just doesn't add up.......IMOO.

Ok, the police found the car. He knew she would be shopping there. He did not check the parking lot First before calling the police that his wife is missing?
If you know that your wife is going shopping at the shopping center, and she isn't home when you get home from work, wouldn't you Before you call the police, Check the shopping center to see if she is still there?? IMOO.
And if he did that, how long did he hang around the shopping center to see when she would return to her vehicle? It just doesn't add up.......IMOO.

Somewhere I recall reading that after pondering his wife's absence for some time, Mr. Jacobson commenced with calling hospitals in an attempt to locate her. This never made sense to me, as I'd think that if she had ended up at a hospital, someone would have accessed her contact information and notified him (or whomever she designated as her contact).

Treelights, none of this make sense to me, and the more I think about it, the more nonsensical it becomes.

I've been thinking about your previous inquiries about her purse. Why was the purse found in the car when circumstances (wallet) and her habits (recounted by Kjac) indicate that it should have been over her shoulder?

One thing that comes to mind is that if the scene were staged, it wouldn't be too difficult to discreetly take a wallet and dump it somewhere without being noticed. A purse, depending on its size, not so much. Especially if the person staging the scene was male. A person walking across a parking lot with a purse (even if he's attempting to hide it) and then dumping the purse somewhere where it would be easily found could be rather risky, couldn't it? So I'm guessing the playbook for staging a robbery would advise leaving the purse in the car and dumping the wallet, while leaving something to identify the owner of the wallet intact to ensure that the wallet is properly connected to the crime and supports the theory that its owner was abducted.

As another poster asked, I'd like to know exactly where the purse was in the car. Passenger seat? Floorboard?

When I first read about this case, one of my first thoughts was that if my spouse was a routine oriented homebody, etc., and I knew she/he had left to go grocery shopping at 7:00ish that morning, I would be a bit shaken when I got home that evening, opened the fridge for a snack/something to drink, and realized that it had not been restocked and my spouse was nowhere to be found. It wouldn't take long for me to reach full out panic stricken status upon realizing that other things around the house had not been attended to (dog still outside or unfed, etc).

Then Kjac told us that Susan was not going "full out grocery shopping" that day, so I guess that explains the lack of concern that the fridge/cupboards were not restocked as they would have been after a trip to the grocery store.

So while I can't quite put my finger on some of the little things that are bothering me, I know exactly what you mean about things not adding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clementine123?