CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to be rude but some questions have already been answered.. the woman who found the wallet spoke to CBS (see post 2) and Kjac said Susan was a habitual early riser amongst other things (post 16).

I know we don't have much but if Kjac returns it would be great if he could focus on any new info and not things already covered...

Roseville Police officers found Jacobson’s car parked at Raley’s. They do not know how long it had been parked there

Read more: http://fox40.com/local-news/stories/missing-roseville-woman-susan-jacobson/#ixzz2UW89CxYb

Obviously there were no cameras!

Oops!

Sorry....

I forgot... :blushing:

and.... I was kinda just trying to keep the thread active...

JMO

As was I. When the thread starts to die down, lack of information is the culprit. I understand, Wolf Dreamer, that some of these questions have been answered... I often re-ask questions, some rhetorical and some looking for info not intended by the answer. ;)

I'd love to Kjac to come back and try to answer some of these. 50 times if it helps find his mother.

I do not believe Susan left on her own. There were no indications that she was unhappy at home, and no indications that she was planning to leave. Nothing was missing from the house (i.e. clothing, suitcase, passport, etc.). She is very close with her sister, and she did not mention anything about leaving or being unhappy. Further – she was VERY excited about her first grandchild, who is due in early July. She has been waiting to be a grandmother for many years now – so I really don’t think she would leave – especially now. Further – she is a very private and shy person, who is uncomfortable outside familiar settings and routine. To suddenly leave would be completely unlike her and way out of her comfort zone. Also – she had very little cash, no ID (ID found in wallet), and the credit cards have not been used. If she did leave – my only thought is that she became disoriented or confused. This has never happened before, that I know of, so this is speculation. But there is a history of dementia in her family – though she has never shown any signs. Again – purely speculation.

There was a comment here about neighbors speculating that she staged her disappearance. Please site your source, if possible. If a neighbor did say that – then I believe it would be purely speculation by that neighbor. Susan is a very quiet, private, and shy person, as mentioned – I do not believe she knew any of her neighbors that well, and definitely not to the point she would share that kind of information. Her best friend, besides her husband, is her sister, and she never suggested this to her. I think this kind of stuff gets out there because there is just not a lot of information right now – unfortunately there is just not much to go on. The police probably do not tell us everything, but I do not believe they have any good leads or understanding of what happened, at this point. I wish we knew more info than what is already out there - but we don't at this point.

Surveillance cameras – there are a number of cameras inside Raley’s, and one outside at the Raley’s front entrance. I do not think there are any cameras in the parking lot. Some of the other businesses in the shopping center (such as Wells Fargo, Starbucks) have their own cameras (inside). I do not believe any of the cameras inside Raley’s have shown Susan – which, if true, means that she probably never made it inside Raley’s. Police recently received some more surveillance footage, and indicated they may have footage of her car going into the parking lot that morning, but they were waiting on further information (enhancements). The camera right outside Raley’s front door might pan and show part of the parking lot – so it might have seen her drive by the front door as she was parking (this has not been confirmed, however).

Susan does not carry a cell phone. I know this may seem unusual, but she just doesn’t use a cell phone, and only uses the computer for emails.

Regarding the husband, please see my post, #83. This is a law enforcement question, but as they normally would, they have checked him very thoroughly and have moved on to investigating other angles because there has been no indication or anything linking him to her disappearance. They have found nothing and he has checked out completely. They are not going to come out and say he is “clear” – because they don’t know what happened. They can’t clear anyone when they’re not sure what happened. But again – he has done all they have asked and has checked out. The family knows he was not involved.

Thank you again for your thoughts and concerns. I know the lack of info is frustrating, but there is just not much out there right now. No one is more frustrated than the family.

Thank you, Kjac! That certainly clears some things up for me. I'm praying they find something on that footage and that it helps shed some light on to what may have happened to your mother.

Do you know if anything at all was missing from Susan's wallet or car?

I went back and read all the MSM articles I could find and all your comments kjac, I too believe your dad didn't have anything to do with this and she didn't leave on her own. With her excitement for her first grandbaby, it wouldn't seem plausible for her to leave, and with nothing.

Out of everything the oddest part seems to be that she didn't park close to the door at Raley's. If she had groceries to buy you would think she would be closer to that door. There are other reasons such as wanting to walk, maybe getting a coffee and then going shopping.

Her wallet was turned into Starbucks right around 8am, and of course, the contents were strewn about, not all enclosed in it. Another passerby could have opened it and taken out the cash and ccs before the woman picked it up and brought it into Starbucks.

It would seem to me by where her car was parked that something happened before she got to the parking lot, carjacked or ?

What a truly horrible situation, to not have any idea of where she is or what happened....

I do not believe Susan left on her own. There were no indications that she was unhappy at home, and no indications that she was planning to leave. Nothing was missing from the house (i.e. clothing, suitcase, passport, etc.). She is very close with her sister, and she did not mention anything about leaving or being unhappy. Further – she was VERY excited about her first grandchild, who is due in early July. She has been waiting to be a grandmother for many years now – so I really don’t think she would leave – especially now. Further – she is a very private and shy person, who is uncomfortable outside familiar settings and routine. To suddenly leave would be completely unlike her and way out of her comfort zone. Also – she had very little cash, no ID (ID found in wallet), and the credit cards have not been used. If she did leave – my only thought is that she became disoriented or confused. This has never happened before, that I know of, so this is speculation. But there is a history of dementia in her family – though she has never shown any signs. Again – purely speculation.

There was a comment here about neighbors speculating that she staged her disappearance. Please site your source, if possible. If a neighbor did say that – then I believe it would be purely speculation by that neighbor. Susan is a very quiet, private, and shy person, as mentioned – I do not believe she knew any of her neighbors that well, and definitely not to the point she would share that kind of information. Her best friend, besides her husband, is her sister, and she never suggested this to her. I think this kind of stuff gets out there because there is just not a lot of information right now – unfortunately there is just not much to go on. The police probably do not tell us everything, but I do not believe they have any good leads or understanding of what happened, at this point. I wish we knew more info than what is already out there - but we don't at this point.

Surveillance cameras – there are a number of cameras inside Raley’s, and one outside at the Raley’s front entrance. I do not think there are any cameras in the parking lot. Some of the other businesses in the shopping center (such as Wells Fargo, Starbucks) have their own cameras (inside). I do not believe any of the cameras inside Raley’s have shown Susan – which, if true, means that she probably never made it inside Raley’s. Police recently received some more surveillance footage, and indicated they may have footage of her car going into the parking lot that morning, but they were waiting on further information (enhancements). The camera right outside Raley’s front door might pan and show part of the parking lot – so it might have seen her drive by the front door as she was parking (this has not been confirmed, however).

Susan does not carry a cell phone. I know this may seem unusual, but she just doesn’t use a cell phone, and only uses the computer for emails.

Regarding the husband, please see my post, #83. This is a law enforcement question, but as they normally would, they have checked him very thoroughly and have moved on to investigating other angles because there has been no indication or anything linking him to her disappearance. They have found nothing and he has checked out completely. They are not going to come out and say he is “clear” – because they don’t know what happened. They can’t clear anyone when they’re not sure what happened. But again – he has done all they have asked and has checked out. The family knows he was not involved.

Thank you again for your thoughts and concerns. I know the lack of info is frustrating, but there is just not much out there right now. No one is more frustrated than the family.

We are all so appreciative of your input, Kjac. Thank you so much. You are very compelling in your statements regarding the lack of involvement of your father and the extent to which he has helped to clear himself in the eyes of law enforcement. This is a very good thing!

But, it really points out a huge problem for me and it should for the rest of the residents of this otherwise seemingly-safe community....there is somebody around our community of Roseville who has done something to Susan. And yet, there is absolutely NO media attention (with the exception of our intrepid Roseville Press-Tribune reporter!) - why is this not on televised news? Why is it not in the Sacramento Bee?? This should be a huge case with tons of attention -somebody just gets abducted from a very seemingly-safe Roseville neighborhood in the early morning hours when people are at least nearby at Starbucks, and we have NO information??? Something isn't right here... This is not what one would consider to be a dangerous or troubled area - definitely upper middle class, family-oriented, quiet.... Law enforcement should at least be warning people about their safety - particularly seniors from the Sun City community!

I missed this LittleMiss, can you please link the source? Thanks!

I would really like to hear her husband IS cleared, not "may" be.

Not to be disrespectful to the family, but I think we are missing some key information that needs to be made public- if people are serious about finding Susan.

-in the "wealth" of video, who was seen parking her vehicle?

-is it possible to toss her wallet from the main road into that lot?

-who was the last one to see her, and when?

-were there any marital issues (pending separation?)?

-is anything missing from the home; clothing, suitcase, passport?

-was this her normal shopping routine?

-who was the last one to speak with her? Does she have any close friends at all? Was she carrying a cell phone, has it been checked for recent text messages/calls/pings?

-how was her car situated? Were the doors open? Seat position? Anything else in the lot besides her wallet?

-did she not enter any stores?

We can't help until we have a clearer picture.

She's a beautiful woman, I am very sorry. :(

That's a great starting list of questions, Dillysmom! I agree that all of those need to be addressed ASAP! I do know that it, in terms of your question about whether it is possible to throw the wallet from the street into the parking lot near where it was found, I would say that it is highly unlikely that somebody could toss it that far. I believe it was found by a woman near the Starbucks - is that right? If so, then it would be a huge toss to get it from the street to somewhere near the front of Starbucks or the parking lot area that serves Starbucks.

Actually, after going back and reading the original story regarding the woman who found the wallet, it is very unclear WHERE she found it. The story says, "The woman reportedly found Jacobson's wallet and turned it into the Starbucks at Woodcreek Oaks and Pleasant Grove boulevards — the same shopping center Jacobson's car was found — around 8 a.m. Wednesday." For all anyone knows, the woman could have found it right on or near the sidewalk of either Woodcreek Oaks or Pleasant Grove and just taken it into the Starbucks since it was the closest and only open business at that time of the morning...just speculating here. There isn't anything in the article or report that says the wallet was found closer to Susan's car or near Raleys or even in the parking lot...

If you search online, there are a few stories, but nothing past the first few days. I believe the news wants things that appear to be gossipy or with a sordid tale. Since Susan's case is not that, they are not worrying too much with it. I guess Susan's son is right, there's no news to report, but I think a blurb with her name and pic would be better than nothing.
Thank you kjac for keeping us informed. We all wish for some answers for your family.

In regards to not Susan not using a cell phone; maybe she has a landline phone at home that she uses when she wants to call someone, and seeing as she likes to stay at home, maybe she's always been home, so she was available to answer the landline phone, if indeed she does have one.
If she doesn't know her neighbors well, it could be, possibly, that she has a "social phobia". And if that is true, then perhaps it does make sense why she would go shopping so early in the morning, as to avoid crowds, but still be able to go out and shop in stores without being homebound all the time.
There could be other reasons, of course, but these that I stated seem plausible to me.... In My Opinion......

Since LE said they learned nothing from "the wealth of video footage", I am wondering how she got into that parking lot without being seen. Also, I doubt she would park at the far end of it that early, where maybe a camera didn't pan to. My local Starbucks opens at 6am, and it's near the college campus and the hospital. People are there when it opens. So I guess it depends how busy that place is and what it's near.
Not one bit of this makes sense. I think I expect too much info as opposed to very little!

Yeah... I tend to think that parking lot was probably at least somewhat busy at that time. In particular I'd think anyone in the Roseville area who commutes to downtown, or the really crazy ones who commute to the Bay Area (no offense intended to anyone, that's just a helluva commute!) might be getting coffee that early and it'd be a convenient location.

That Raleys also opens at 6, and they're known for having pretty good bakeries... I could see people stopping in to pick up bagels, donuts, etc. in the morning.

Crazy idea of mine...

but isn't Folsom Prison fairly close?

Has there been a recent con escape from that prison?

I am just throwing something out... Since there are no new leads at the time...

:dunno:

So sad... just saw the news story/reminder today that we're coming up on a month since she went missing and it prompted me to catch back up on this thread.

About Folsom prison... yeah it's in this general area of the state, but not really all that close. I think it'd take at least 30 minutes, mostly on surface streets, to get to that particular Raley's from the Folsom Prison area. (ETA: by get there I mean drive there... much longer on foot). There are dozens of places in Folsom itself or nearby shopping centers that would make more sense if an escapee did want to grab someone. Highway 50 would be much closer and give tons of options for getting to other highways/freeways/interstates.

To answer your question about Folsom escapees though, it seems like they have someone escape every few years, but I don't recall any recently. I also don't remember hearing of anyone escaping to intentionally commit a crime (other than the escape itself and things to help them get away like stealing cars). Seems like usually they just want to get away so they lay low.

bbm... that's kind of weird. why might they think anything from the days before she disappeared would have anything to do with her actual disappearance? or are they trying to find out the possible time she was last seen (besides her husband?)?

You never know. Perhaps there is a chance she was seen talking to someone that seemed out of place. Or she might have been acting strangely, doing things that seemed out of character. Or going to places she normally didn't go. They're just covering all the bases, because people have been known to "stage" an abduction so they can disappear for a while. I'm NOT saying this is what it is, just that they have to think outside the box. It's more to rule out possibilities than anything else. I'm pretty sure they are working to rule out the husband as well, so that they can focus on finding her.

Actually, it sounds to me like LE is being very thorough with their investigation, and that is always a good thing.

It does seem like LE wants independent sightings of her from her husband, at least the day before her disappearance. That is standard though, to get a better feel for knowing when she was still alive.

I can't believee at that time of the morning, there weren't people around, at least over at Starbucks who may have seen her in the parking lot. If she didn't leave her home until approximately 7 am to get to Raley's parking lot, and her wallet was found by 8 am, there is only an hour window. Unless the car was put there the night before. Where it's parked in the lot is crucial. That early, she should have been parked right up front. If the car was parked further back, that means it was put there at a different time, other than 7 am. FWIW.

Hope this lady is located soon.

Great thinking, Seajay!!

Well husband says she left at what 6 am so not a busy parking lot at that time and im sure video would show who drove up in that car and when.

I think the wallet was left to make it appear like she was robbed.

LE needs to get back to that home!

something isn't right here.

Read back. The husband left at 6 a.m to go to the gym and returned around 7:30, so he does not know the actual time she left, but somewhere between those times, and her wallet was found around 8 a.m.

And if the wallet had no cash or credit cards in it, then it sure seems like a robbery, but where is Susan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper