CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't imagine where she would go. Did she have a lot of cash of her own? Is it gone? Was the landline full of records of mystery calls? If not...I just can't believe she left on her own. Why bother taking the car to the market? Why not just set off from home later or get picked up by "secret lover"? None of this makes sense. I hope if someone else drove her there, that they forgot to move car seat, left prints, etc. and that an arrest will come one day. JMO

And where on earth would she "walk away to"???

I remember reading way early on that she had some kind of ties in Nevada, but I don't know how strong those ties were. I think it was property she and her husband owned? It'd be easy to get to Nevada from that shopping center (or her home) in under 2 hours so that might be where she'd walk away to. I still don't see her just intentionally walking away from everything, though.

What is odd for me to understand, is if Susan did walk away, why would she make it look like she was kidnapped? Why go to all that trouble of making others think something else happened to her, instead of what really happened to her? Why not just walk away period? That's why I don't think she walked away on her own/ intentionally left.
I think something happened to Susan, and I don't think she drove her car to the shopping center. And with the wealth of video that LE has, why isn't Susan on video?
IMOO.
BBM

Has it been confirmed that LE has no video of Susan from the morning of her disappearance? Is it known that they should have video of her traveling from her home to where her car was found? In other words, is it known that there was surveillance cameras that would have captured her car, or her, on her route?

Maybe they have video of her car but not who was driving? Maybe they do have video that shows it's her but it doesn't show what happened to her.

Too may questions, not enough answers.

BBM

Has it been confirmed that LE has no video of Susan from the morning of her disappearance? Is it known that they should have video of her traveling from her home to where her car was found? In other words, is it known that there was surveillance cameras that would have captured her car, or her, on her route?

Maybe they have video of her car but not who was driving? Maybe they do have video that shows it's her but it doesn't show what happened to her.

One time, LE said there was lots of video, but nothing helpful...paraphrasing.

I think it was also noted either here or on the Missing FB page that she wasn't seen on any of the video. I wonder what WAS seen on the video. Maybe nothing useful.

Since it hasn't been posted in awhile here's the link for her FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/SJmissing

I think it was also noted either here or on the Missing FB page that she wasn't seen on any of the video. I wonder what WAS seen on the video. Maybe nothing useful.

Since it hasn't been posted in awhile here's the link for her FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/SJmissing

Purely my own opinion and speculation, but I don't think she's on any video because I don't think she was ever at the shopping center.

If you read the posts by others on the FB page Mar 2nd and 3rd her sister responded there has been no updates. She seems to be the most active over there. I sure wish she would be found.

BBM

http://www.thepresstribune.com/article/video-surveillance-has-not-unwrapped-mystery-susan-jacobson

"Combing through a wealth of video surveillance has brought Roseville police detectives no closer to determining what happened to Susan Jacobson,"

"three full-time primary investigators have been carefully working their way through footage of the parking lot from various cameras, though the results have been disappointing...."

http://www.thepresstribune.com/article/video-surveillance-has-not-unwrapped-mystery-susan-jacobson

"Combing through a wealth of video surveillance has brought Roseville police detectives no closer to determining what happened to Susan Jacobson,"

"three full-time primary investigators have been carefully working their way through footage of the parking lot from various cameras, though the results have been disappointing...."

Thanks for the replies. So there is a "wealth" of video's. Maybe Susan was seen on some of them but it hasn't been helpful in determining what happened to her.

It's a shame with a lot of video available, it hasn't helped solve this case.

I'm burned out on writing at the moment, but I want to comment. Forgive the following format.

Car parked: a. Intentionally out of range or angle of security cameras or b. Not intentional

To avoid cameras, perp must know locations.
Did perp scope out cameras prior ?
Did police review footage for days leading up to disappearance?

I sent an email to this writer, asking if an anniversary story is planned or can be considered. Hope he will responds.

I'm burned out on writing at the moment, but I want to comment. Forgive the following format.

Car parked: a. Intentionally out of range or angle of security cameras or b. Not intentional

To avoid cameras, perp must know locations.
Did perp scope out cameras prior ?
Did police review footage for days leading up to disappearance?

Good point on the locations. To be even more specific if hiding from cameras I think they'd have to know what type of cameras, wouldn't they? We semi-recently put up home surveillance cameras and I couldn't believe the variety we had to choose from. Anything from barely-functional grainy grey to "pan/tilt/zoom" color pictures. Plus I think almost any of them would be hard to identify under those weather protective globe things (I'm sure there's a more technical term for those). It'd be even harder to guess what a company or store might have installed.

I really don't feel like this person was hiding from the cameras because there are just too many in that area, and I don't see Susan caring that much (sort of the "I'm not doing anything wrong so who cares?" philosophy), so I'm beginning to agree that maybe she wasn't there that morning... but where was she? For that matter where was she the day(s) before?

Thanks for the replies. So there is a "wealth" of video's. Maybe Susan was seen on some of them but it hasn't been helpful in determining what happened to her.

It's a shame with a lot of video available, it hasn't helped solve this case.

In this particle article it mentions:

"Police are still trying to enhance some surveillance video from the day Susan disappeared."
"Susan’s family also hired a dog to track her scent. The dog found her scent across the street from where her car was parked, but then lost it."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/07/14/police-scale-back-search-for-missing-roseville-woman/

I haven't read any article about Susan being seen on video.
The closest to that would be the dogs picking up her scent, but that doesn't mean that she was visible on camera. Her wallet was found so perhaps the dogs picked up the scent of the wallet?
I am wondering if police have enhanced the video by now, since the article about the enhancing video was from July 14th.
If they found Susan on the video, why not say so?
After all, they mentioned they had a wealth of videos that was not helpful.
So, I don't think they have her on video, and that's just my opinion.
IMOO.

In this particle article it mentions:

"Police are still trying to enhance some surveillance video from the day Susan disappeared."
"Susan’s family also hired a dog to track her scent. The dog found her scent across the street from where her car was parked, but then lost it."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/07/14/police-scale-back-search-for-missing-roseville-woman/

I haven't read any article about Susan being seen on video.
The closest to that would be the dogs picking up her scent, but that doesn't mean that she was visible on camera. Her wallet was found so perhaps the dogs picked up the scent of the wallet?
I am wondering if police have enhanced the video by now, since the article about the enhancing video was from July 14th.
If they found Susan on the video, why not say so?
After all, they mentioned they had a wealth of videos that was not helpful.
So, I don't think they have her on video, and that's just my opinion.
IMOO.
BBM

I don't have an answer for that. You would think that LE would release more information about their investigation by now but they haven't.

I guess they feel that they don't need any help from the public.

BBM

I don't have an answer for that. You would think that LE would release more information about their investigation by now but they haven't.

I guess they feel that they don't need any help from the public.

In the articles I have read about LE and the Susan Jacobson case, they welcome help from the public.

http://www.roseville.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=3679&TargetID=11

http://roseville-ca.patch.com/group...ice-invite-public-to-search-for-missing-woman

http://www.rcona.org/topic/1254-pub...ood-news-susan-jacobson-missing-persons-case/

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/05/5395413/susan-jacobson-missing.html

http://www.roseville.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=3677

From last link above:
"We greatly appreciate the community's help and concern. We urge anyone who saw Mrs. Jacobson in the days leading up to her disappearance, or who has any information at all that could help call our tip line at (916)774-5080."

And as I look at Susan's case,imo, just because Time has passed does not mean that the Roseville Police Department does not
want the public's help. The police would still be interested in any tips or leads or information about Susan. After all Susan is STILL MISSING.
IMOO.

Thanks for the links. I think that LE should release more information about what they know or don't know about Susan's disappearance. Like the results of the video enhancing that was mentioned.

If they did that, it may generate new tips that could be helpful.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive, I worry about Susan and the things I believe are being swept under the rug in order to avoid offending family members. Someone close to her knows exactly where Susan is, IMO.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive, I worry about Susan and the things I believe are being swept under the rug in order to avoid offending family members. Someone close to her knows exactly where Susan is, IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean by this post. Who is behind the "things are being swept under the rug"? Law enforcement? Why would they not investigate fully Susan's disappearance?

What make's you feel that someone close to Susan knows exactly where she is? It's fine to speculate but speculation needs to be based on facts that are known to us. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop