CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I had to Search for Susan's thread as it was towards the bottom of the 5th page of the Missing Persons Thread here on Websleuths.
Yes, times marches on and Susan has not been found.
I search the internet for articles and those articles are So Old!! Antiquated!
I wonder when the next search for Susan will be?
I wonder if people think she has been found as I can't find anything current on the internet, except for her missing facebook page and that is only when people have prompted questions about Susan......
I wonder if Susan's missing person flyer is still being handed out at the shopping center as at one time Kjac22 mentioned he would be there.
I wonder what happened to Susan?
I wonder if neighbor's are nervous about her disappearance?
I wonder if people even know that she is missing and still missing?
I wonder what LE has been doing to follow up and keep Susan's case current?
I wonder how often Susan is in the public's eye in Roseville?
I wonder if the residents of Roseville discuss Susan?
I wonder if she was walking in plain sight, would the residents even know that Susan was once missing and still is missing? Would the residents of Roseville even recognize Susan or know about her?
What publicity has Susan received since the summer?
In a month and a half or so it will be a year since Susan has been missing.
The facebook page for her has not been updated since JULY, except in the posts by others when people Prompt an answer to their questions.
Where are you Miss Susan?
IMOO.

Amazing post!!! I have been off WS for months and am shocked there has been no developments. So sad her son is no longer posting. If he is reading, I sincerely hope he reinserts himself into the discussion. Hope you are well Treelights.

Sure looks like it, doesn't it? This certainly is being treated as a "personal family matter." I wonder how thoroughly her husband was questioned....

I wish the case was being pursued by LE. And no, I doubt LE even remembers the disappearance, much less if it is still being investigated.

I do ask on the Roseville PD FB page as well as Roseville Patch page every so often and they say they're still investigating. Of course no new news, so take that for what it's worth, but they do seem at least aware. A friend of ours in Rocklin PD (adjacent to Roseville) is also aware of her being missing. I don't get any sense of urgency from either those replies or from our friends/family in Roseville though, or a sense that they are (or ever were) particularly worried for their safety. I do wonder how much of that is people just not knowing at all, and how much is the whole "it'd never happen to me" thing. My friends/family out there definitely know because I remind them.

It was a gorgeous Spring-like day here today and that always makes me think of Susan. Can't believe we're so close to 1 year and there's apparently nothing new.

For the people that do know that Susan is missing, I wonder if they worry about shopping at that shopping center or in the vicinity? I wonder if the shopping center has lost some business because there could be a kidnapper out there?
Or has too much time passed now, that people just go about their daily activities forgetting what occurred? Or Not knowing what transpired that day, so they are none the wiser.....
IMOO.

BBM honestly, I doubt it. As I posted a minute ago I think that there's a lot of "it'd never happen to me" going on, even among people who are aware of it.

For that matter I hate to say this but I never even felt particularly anxious about that shopping center even after this happened. I definitely think I got more aware of my surroundings overall, at all shopping centers/parking lots/etc., but even with Susan's disappearance I never got any vibe about that particular center being dangerous or scary. ETA: I park close to the entrance, look around, keep car doors locked as much as possible, try to walk in/out when employees are around, etc. but I now do that everywhere even more than before. I'm sure she didn't feel anxious at that center, either. Which to me makes it all the more heartbreaking.

I wish LE would tell whats been done and what hasn't, and why. Maybe more has been done and it's been kept quiet. But after this amount of time, it's not working. This has been one of the most frustrating cases I have followed on WS. There are a few more, but it's because there's LOTS of news and searching, and still nothing. But the quiet ones are just sad and frustrating.

In this article from July 14, 2013 :

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/07/14/police-scale-back-search-for-missing-roseville-woman/

" “You don’t want to assume the worst, but it is there and you gotta face reality at the same time,” said Susan’s husband Chris. "

"However, Chris says he won’t give up looking for his wife. He’s hired a private investigator. He wouldn’t elaborate but does believe his wife was kidnapped."

I wonder why Susan's husband would not elaborate on why he thinks Susan was kidnapped. Does he have an idea of who may have taken her and why?
I don't believe that Susan drove herself to the shopping center, but her car was found in the place that her husband said she would be.
I am wondering if Susan had plans with somebody, and that person knew she was going to be at the shopping center at some point, so that person drove her car there, but Susan is elsewhere.
That would make sense on why Susan's husband thinks she was kidnapped, and if he knows/thinks who kidnapped her, he doesn't want to elaborate, in my opinion.
IMOO.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/07/14/police-scale-back-search-for-missing-roseville-woman/

" “You don’t want to assume the worst, but it is there and you gotta face reality at the same time,” said Susan’s husband Chris. "

"However, Chris says he won’t give up looking for his wife. He’s hired a private investigator. He wouldn’t elaborate but does believe his wife was kidnapped."

I wonder why Susan's husband would not elaborate on why he thinks Susan was kidnapped. Does he have an idea of who may have taken her and why?
I don't believe that Susan drove herself to the shopping center, but her car was found in the place that her husband said she would be.
I am wondering if Susan had plans with somebody, and that person knew she was going to be at the shopping center at some point, so that person drove her car there, but Susan is elsewhere.
That would make sense on why Susan's husband thinks she was kidnapped, and if he knows/thinks who kidnapped her, he doesn't want to elaborate, in my opinion.
IMOO.
I looked at that reporter's FB page and it's not been updated since last year. So I sent an email to the address on that article. I asked her to do a follow-up story and to even visit WS to see that we have kept Susan in our thoughts. She may or may do any of it, but I thought I'd try.

IMOO.

Or he did not elaborate because there is no reason in the world to think she was kidnapped...maybe he prefers to think that, rather than that she left him? I mean, I sure don't think she was kidnapped, but JMO...

Or he did not elaborate because there is no reason in the world to think she was kidnapped...maybe he prefers to think that, rather than that she left him? I mean, I sure don't think she was kidnapped, but JMO...

Maybe that's why there isn't any message to the kidnapper from Susan's husband and Susan's family. They say they believe foul play happened, and her husband believes she has been kidnapped, but no message or plea to get her back or plea to let her go, or plea to let them find her body.
You are right...maybe it is easier psychologically for them to think foul play occurred than to know that Susan left her husband, her son, her granddaughter, her daughter-in-law and her sister.
IMOO.

The thing is, if Susan left on her own, her husband says he won't give up looking for her.
Well, if she left purposefully, then why would he continue to look for her? For resolution? To legally move on? To have the bills/debts shared? To get a divorce?
IMOO.

I looked at that reporter's FB page and it's not been updated since last year. So I sent an email to the address on that article. I asked her to do a follow-up story and to even visit WS to see that we have kept Susan in our thoughts. She may or may do any of it, but I thought I'd try.

Thanks for doing that! With the 1 year anniversary coming up somewhat soon, it seems like a good time to start asking for updates. I hope it at least helps raise awareness again.

Maybe that's why there isn't any message to the kidnapper from Susan's husband and Susan's family. They say they believe foul play happened, and her husband believes she has been kidnapped, but no message or plea to get her back or plea to let her go, or plea to let them find her body.
You are right...maybe it is easier psychologically for them to think foul play occurred than to know that Susan left her husband, her son, her granddaughter, her daughter-in-law and her sister.
IMOO.

BBM I think that's the part I have a hard time getting past. This is absolutely nothing against anyone bolded, but even if she for some reason wanted away from any of them I don't see her also leaving behind her sister, who according to Kjac was one of the few people she stayed in touch with regularly. When we hadn't heard from her sister at all I wondered if maybe she was in touch with her sister "behind the scenes" and it wasn't reported, but her sister now posts on the Facebook page for Susan and it's clear she hasn't heard from Susan either. Even if Susan left the rest of them intentionally I just don't envision her also leaving/not contacting her sister. Of course it's possible and IMO we just don't know enough about Susan to make a good guess. I still hope to meet her someday, I really do.

BBM I think that's the part I have a hard time getting past. This is absolutely nothing against anyone bolded, but even if she for some reason wanted away from any of them I don't see her also leaving behind her sister, who according to Kjac was one of the few people she stayed in touch with regularly. When we hadn't heard from her sister at all I wondered if maybe she was in touch with her sister "behind the scenes" and it wasn't reported, but her sister now posts on the Facebook page for Susan and it's clear she hasn't heard from Susan either. Even if Susan left the rest of them intentionally I just don't envision her also leaving/not contacting her sister. Of course it's possible and IMO we just don't know enough about Susan to make a good guess. I still hope to meet her someday, I really do.

I agree with you nikb!
IMO she didn't walk away from her life.

What is odd for me to understand, is if Susan did walk away, why would she make it look like she was kidnapped? Why go to all that trouble of making others think something else happened to her, instead of what really happened to her? Why not just walk away period? That's why I don't think she walked away on her own/ intentionally left.
I think something happened to Susan, and I don't think she drove her car to the shopping center. And with the wealth of video that LE has, why isn't Susan on video?
IMOO.

What is odd for me to understand, is if Susan did walk away, why would she make it look like she was kidnapped? Why go to all that trouble of making others think something else happened to her, instead of what really happened to her? Why not just walk away period? That's why I don't think she walked away on her own/ intentionally left.
I think something happened to Susan, and I don't think she drove her car to the shopping center. And with the wealth of video that LE has, why isn't Susan on video?
IMOO.

Agree, agree, agree, agree, AGREE.

And why tell your husband you are going shopping in the shopping center if you purposefully wanted to leave? So it would look like a kidnapping?? So her car could be found? And her ID?
It's a contrived story so that nobody's feelings get hurt? So that they can worry about her?
Why leave the car in the shopping center if Susan was never at the shopping center?
Is it because that's what her husband said that she told him??
If Susan never drove herself to the shopping center, then somebody else did, and they either got lucky because her car is where her husband said she was going to be (although LE found her car, as her husband did not find it), or what else could have happened?
Why isn't Susan on video? Does LE have Anyone on video? Was the car specifically parked
in that particular spot so that no one could be seen on video?( If it was Susan, why didn't
she want to be seen on video??)
Why leave the wallet with ID where it was? So that it could be identified quickly, and it was....it was found where pedestrians would find it.
Where are you Miss Susan and Why are you Missing?
IMOO.

IMOO.

Because she wasn't there?

I still don't understand why LE won't tell the family or anybody exactly Where Susan's car was parked in the shopping center. Kjac22 guessed at where she could have parked knowing her parking habits, but he doesn't know exactly where the car was parked.
Why is LE not letting the family and public know this particular information?
IMOO.

And where on earth would she "walk away to"???

The timing of her wallet being found with ID that same morning that her husband went to the gym, I would think that if she walked off, wouldn't she think that maybe her husband could see her, depending on where the gym was located that he was at, that maybe he might drive by her or something? I mean, she would have had to wait at the intersection if she wanted to cross the street in several directions, and I would doubt she would walk the sidewalk in the direction of where she lived......... There's another direction she could have walked on the sidewalk, but where would she have gone from the shopping center?
Very perplexing!
Also, wouldn't she worry about being seen by her husband when he was on his way to work, depending on which route he would have to take to get to work?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member