CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that if LE knows what happened, why don't they close the case? Any missing person who is found generally receives a one-sentence follow-up statement saying "found" without explanation, which is fine with us.

Obviously, if there had not been MSM coverage in the beginning and a FB page set up, and LE recently stating to me that it "continues to be an open investigation," then I am sure we would not have any concerns, and butt out. I get the feeling that is exactly what is wanted in this case.

So sorry, Susan. We hit a dead-end.

I know, Annie.. that's what bothers me I think. I wish they'd just come out with something saying "found" if that's the case. I've been following a few cases recently where the person was found "alive and well" or "safe" (such a welcome relief!) and while I still have questions, I stepped away. I mean yeah I'd love an explanation but I'm happy with knowing "found." Susan's case just seems like it's hanging... LE seems to think it's still open and I still care, a LOT, but what can we do at this point?

This is what I posted on my fb page today I edited some of what I wrote to follow the TOS here. I have 8 likes from other local women and 5 comments.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Susan Jacobson going missing from our local shopping center. I did not see anything about it on social or regular media. How sad to be missing and forgotten. If it where my mom I would have begged for forgiveness after plastering that parking lot with flyers of her missing. Susan I have not forgotten you!!

Oh, Nikb, what a wonderful idea!!! I have reached out to someone in Orangevale who is also baffled and following the case. We're going to see what we can do vis-a-vis the MSM, although the response so far (Sacto Bee) was lukewarm.

I don't even know what to say or think anymore. I was hoping her FB page would have a salute to Susan or a reminder that she's still not home.

I don't think the family has been told anything new, or that page would be more gone than it is now.

This is what I posted on my fb page today I edited some of what I wrote to follow the TOS here. I have 8 likes from other local women and 5 comments.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Susan Jacobson going missing from our local shopping center. I did not see anything about it on social or regular media. How sad to be missing and forgotten. If it where my mom I would have begged for forgiveness after plastering that parking lot with flyers of her missing. Susan I have not forgotten you!!

Bumping as a reminder of the one year anniversary of Susan's disappearance.

[modsnip]

I was hoping this date would bring an update from the local news. I guess if nobody in the media thought of it, it's not going to happen.

I finally heard back from the journalist I had sent the email to. She said it would be nice to do a followup if I would like to be interviewed and if I could tell some things about Susan. She did not read my email or she would have known that I didn't know Susan and was a member of WS. Just wanting to see if anything was in the works. I said that I didn't want to be interviewed just wanted to know if they could do a follow-up with police or family. Doubt I will hear back since she didn't get it the first time.

I was hoping this date would bring an update from the local news. I guess if nobody in the media thought of it, it's not going to happen.

I finally heard back from the journalist I had sent the email to. She said it would be nice to do a followup if I would like to be interviewed and if I could tell some things about Susan. She did not read my email or she would have known that I didn't know Susan and was a member of WS. Just wanting to see if anything was in the works. I said that I didn't want to be interviewed just wanted to know if they could do a follow-up with police or family. Doubt I will hear back since she didn't get it the first time.

Unfortunately the same news media station is treating Patricia Tolhurst's missing case the same way. Very little coverage on her or Susan's disappearances. They don't seem to care much about missing people there :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I'm sure if the family was on top of this, then MSM and maybe even LE would follow suit. JMO.

The 1st anniversary of Susan Jacobson's disappearance has come and gone. I truly hope she's located before there is a 2nd anniversary. She needs to be found. People here care about her and want to know if she is ok or if she is still among the living. I wish so many things about this case. Most of all, I wish someone was looking for her.

The 1st anniversary of Susan Jacobson's disappearance has come and gone. I truly hope she's located before there is a 2nd anniversary. She needs to be found. People here care about her and want to know if she is ok or if she is still among the living. I wish so many things about this case. Most of all, I wish someone was looking for her.

FWIW I am looking for her in that I look for her among people I see out and about and I look for her posters (which I haven't seen in a long time). But yeah, I think I know what you mean and it's so sad. I don't know what else to do.

What if they feel she left on her own?
This is the only thing I can logically think of.
Just a thought!

Maybe there were signs she wanted to leave and finally did.

What if they feel she left on her own?
This is the only thing I can logically think of.
Just a thought!

Maybe there were signs she wanted to leave and finally did.

Logically I can think of other ideas of what happened to Susan.......
Articles have stated the family believes foul play occurred.
What really happened to Susan? Since it has not been shown in the media,
then one could say she "could" have left on her own, and one "could" say foul play occurred.
Their 35 year marriage, possibly could have been unrequited.....who knows?, except for Susan and/or her husband, and/or perhaps family.....
IMOO.

Obviously there is a reason.
Many times there are those old bones in the closet ya know.
Things that are never shared.

some ppl battle drug and alcohol addiction.
some ppl find a new love interest and move on maybe she feels the kids wouldn't approve
I can think of so many reasons and I hope she is out there alive and Happy!

Logically I can think of other ideas of what happened to Susan.......
Articles have stated the family believes foul play occurred.
What really happened to Susan? Since it has not been shown in the media,
then one could say she "could" have left on her own, and one "could" say foul play occurred.
Their 35 year marriage, possibly could have been unrequited.....who knows?, except for Susan and/or her husband, and/or perhaps family.....
IMOO.

I know they said they thought foul play but..... after that all went silent
What if they got a letter ....
Or found a diary
To tell u the truth I think they keep that FB page open thinking she might contact them thru it
JMO

I know they said they thought foul play but..... after that all went silent
What if they got a letter ....
Or found a diary
To tell u the truth I think they keep that FB page open thinking she might contact them thru it
JMO

If that were the case, then why is she still considered "Missing".....
I don't personally believe she would contact the family through the facebook page, as she could contact her sister or family, or Law Enforcement in a different way. (particulary the fact that Susan was/is supposedly a person who kept to herself.....)
IMOO.

If that were the case, then why is she still considered "Missing".....
I don't personally believe she would contact the family through the facebook page, as she could contact her sister or family, or Law Enforcement in a different way. (particulary the fact that Susan was/is supposedly a person who kept to herself.....)
IMOO.

Probably you are right!
She is considered missing because no one has spoken to her after her family reported her missing.

Maybe she didn't want to keep to herself?
There could be so many reasons like I said.
She looked sad to me in her pictures but that's what I saw.
No life in her!

Probably you are right!
She is considered missing because no one has spoken to her after her family reported her missing.

Maybe she didn't want to keep to herself?
There could be so many reasons like I said.
She looked sad to me in her pictures but that's what I saw.
No life in her!

I too think she looked sad and like a hopeless woman. We don't know the dynamics so we don't know why. I don't think she's been located. Maybe things changed down the road on the family's thinking. But the husband did say they thought foul play was involved. That was in a video that's on here, when he was interviewed. I do think it was right after Susan was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela