GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the tree (where the remains were found under) actually ON the family property or just outside of it? Their home seems to run up against a ton of brush. Seems that area would have been searched thoroughly.

i believe an article i read said the tree was located at the back of their property. (not behind it).

Searching the address will assist with that, but figuring out relationships and who is actually still in that residence is questionable.

There was a very early interview, which I have no idea where to find and have no time to do so, who spoke with a woman with the initials DB. She is listed as an occupant of that house in searches, which is where I originally got my impression that SS and DB were partners. I since have absolutely no clue who is who and how they are all related. :( Maybe someone else can shed some light.

I have been having difficulty figuring out the connections, too..

so many different last names...

But I remember the article where reporters spoke to the SS's partner...

But don't have it at my fingertips, either...

JMO

So living IN the house we have:

Mom
Mom's female partner
Older brother
Terry

Is that correct? The other sibling doesn't live there, right?
So if Terry went missing earlier than reported... those are the people who likely knew.
Not that they all had to be involved or anything. Just those are the people IN the house.

Mom
Mom's female partner
Older brother
Terry

So if Terry went missing earlier than reported... those are the people who likely knew.
Not that they all had to be involved or anything. Just those are the people IN the house.

I can't tell if the sister lived in the house or not.

Mom
Mom's female partner
Older brother
Terry

I wonder if the partner has children living there.

Mom
Mom's female partner
Older brother
Terry

"Older brother" is actually a step-brother. I believe he is the son of Terry's mom's partner.

"Older brother" is actually a step-brother. I believe he is the son of Terry's mom's partner.

I heard he is a half brother and he has two more half siblings grown and not living there.

Terry's father has referred to the older brother as his step-child. So it's his step-child but Terry's half-sibling At one point they all lived together
Terry Smith Sr. said S and his 14-year-old sister, are stepchildren who moved with their mother to California, but that Terry Jr. stayed with his father until about a year ago. At that time, he said, Terry Jr. visited his mother in California and asked to move here
http://www.menifee247.com/2013/07/police-evaluating-all-options-in-investigation-of-missing-boy.html

I believe (can't find the article right now), that the older brother is a half-brother from the mother's previous marriage/relationship.

And that conflicts with the brother saying that he and his Dad were living with Terry's Mom. :banghead:
None of this makes any sense at all. We will likely not be able to figure it all out ourselves.

Guys, I know the news is breaking and coming fast at this time. But...YOU NEED LINKS. Especially if what you're saying is accusing someone of having done something.

Also, be VERY CAREFUL with any discussion of other children in the home. They are minors!!! You should NOT be sleuthing ANY minors, unless they are *specifically* named as being a suspect. (Being questioned does NOT qualify.) And you really shouldn't be sleuthing the family either!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

I wonder how long they've all lived together.

How could the property not have been thoroughly searched, before having hundreds of people out there in the heat and wilderness?

I am just joining and have also been following the FB page. I am just wondering who is in charge of that FB page. Most of the posts are signed Sarah. <modsnip>

Who last saw Terry, outside his family??

According to news facebooks, church members reported seeing Terry WEDNESDAY July 3rd.
I have not seen anyone mention a sighting after that. Has anyone else?

How could the property not have been thoroughly searched, before having hundreds of people put there in the heat and wilderness?

Perhaps it was. Could he have been placed there after the fact?
I seriously doubt this but throwing it out there anyway.

I am just joining and have also been following the FB page. I am just wondering who is in charge of that FB page. Most of the posts are signed Sarah. <modsnip>

Sorry I was just about to edit and take out the last names, but you beat me to it.

Perhaps it was. Could he have been placed there after the fact?
I seriously doubt this but throwing it out there anyway.

I doubt it too, especially since they keep referring to "remains". Did they not take dogs through the property? Sorry to be explicit, but the condition of a body exposed to 100 degree heat for a few days would make for difficult moving about. I was out for less than an hour today, doing errands, and it was in the nineties and my water bottle in the car was almost too hot to touch when I was coming hime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back