CA: "That's ALL that's important"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The day of the memorial a woman was interviewed outside the church and she stated she was a friend of CA's and was comforting her. She made her interview sound as if she wanted the public to try and understand CA's position that day. Who was this woman. I haven't heard of CA having any close female relationships.

May I ask a question? My mother is a great person so I can't really relate to your posts but I am sorry for all your hurts and troubles.

What I would like to know is do you think that Cindy loves KC (unconditionally) as many are saying? Is that why she is defending her? TIA for the answer.

Somehow the two didn't seem very close to me. But I could be missing something.

People like Cindy see their children, their loved ones as an extention of themselves. Beyond that they are mearly "supply" to them. Kind of like alcohol is to an alcoholic. The children are placed in catagories depending on the amount and type of "supply" they are willing to offer.

Love? I can't claim to know for sure but I can say this for certain.. As mothers, these women devalue, discount and invalidate their childrens feelings. They alternitively over-react, then could care less. They create drama and impossible situations, they lie, withhold love as a form of punishment..

But make no mistake it is ALWAYS about them, always. Cindy isn't screaming foul because her sweet loving daughter is in prison wrongfully, she is NUTS because the isn't going HER way, by HER rules and nobody is listening to HER! I got a chuckle when toward the beginning of the case Cindy told LE she would stop cooperating with them if they went to speak with her parents. Like she was running this show. It took her awhile but I think she has finally figured out this isn't the Cindy show and if she didn't knock it off she'd end up behind bars too.

People like Cindy see their children, their loved ones as an extention of themselves. Beyond that they are mearly "supply" to them. Kind of like alcohol is to an alcoholic. The children are placed in catagories depending on the amount and type of "supply" they are willing to offer.

Love? I can't claim to know for sure but I can say this for certain.. As mothers, these women devalue, discount and invalidate their childrens feelings. They alternitively over-react, then could care less. They create drama and impossible situations, they lie, withhold love as a form of punishment..

But make no mistake it is ALWAYS about them, always. Cindy isn't screaming foul because her sweet loving daughter is in prison wrongfully, she is NUTS because the isn't going HER way, by HER rules and nobody is listening to HER! I got a chuckle when toward the beginning of the case Cindy told LE she would stop cooperating with them if they went to speak with her parents. Like she was running this show. It took her awhile but I think she has finally figured out this isn't the Cindy show and if she didn't knock it off she'd end up behind bars too.

Thank you kindly, OLG. I enjoy your posts, BTW!

I was very curious as I have read nany posts about CA's 'unconditional love' for KC and I just didn't se it. I think, from reading about their lives before Caylee went missing, the two were often at each other's throats. I know Mothers and daughters disagree but these two seemed extreem. Just because the were mother/daughter didn't necessarily mean they shared love or even liking.

Then came the memorial and all the compliments. I really thought I had missed something important and gotten the wrong end of the stick.

You explained it very clearly. Thank you for sharing your hard earned insight.

Mitzi, by any chance does Cindy remind you of your own mother in some important ways? I'll admit here that she reminds me of mine. And I know OLG has mentioned her own mother's similarity to Cindy. Right, OLG?

Those of us who have had such mothers will have an instinctive, strongly negative reaction to CA--and even a modicum of sympathy for KC--because we know how destructive mothers like Cindy are, and how stuble they can be while constantly undermining their own children; and most of all, we know how impossible it is for a child to struggle against all that.

Anyway, that's my opinion. And that is why my hair stands on end over some of the things Cindy does and says--things that seem rather meaningless to others, but make me want to....to do something not nice! :)

PS: My mother possessed every single one of Cindy's psychological traits but in milder form. Until this case, I always thought she was one-of-a-kind. She died a year ago at 87, and she hadn't changed one bit, LOL. She didn't change, but fortunately I learned to step back be objective. I miss her. I really do. I'd love to know what made her (and Cindy) become the way they are/were.

Yes, Cindy does remind me of my mother in some ways. I'm still trying to figure my mom out. LOL! She is 91 and still can push my buttons. More of my feelings for Cindy, though, have really come out of reading the Psychological threads, from the first one thru the last. Those threads and the posters who posted on them opened my eyes to seeing Cindy the way I do. It just makes sense, when you "get it"!

The thing with women like this is they do their thing with a smile on their face and in the role of "victim" so people unfamiliar with their ways may often miss it entirely.

Boy, you hit the nail on the head with that! And you better know when to "duck" when you see that smile, too!

Yeah, Cindy reminds me of my mother.. very much. They are soul crushing, these women. They take away any sense of self their child may ever develop before they can ever devolop it. They are sick.. they have a fear of being alone, unloved, they have low self esteem. They depend on the people around them for their feelings of self worth, they are bitter, dramatic, and often cruel. They are calculating in how they compete with their children for attention. They know just what to say to hurt their children- can keep a sense of control over them with their words alone. And they do it all with a smile on their face...

ETA- my mother has gotten much better with age and treatment. She will still fake illness from time to time and still does some of her manipulative, odd things but since her husband killed himself and she moved in with me she has changed very much and has worked hard to stay well. I am very proud of her!

God Bless you, OLG. :blowkiss:

I was very curious as I have read nany posts about CA's 'unconditional love' for KC and I just didn't se it. I think, from reading about their lives before Caylee went missing, the two were often at each other's throats. I know Mothers and daughters disagree but these two seemed extreem. Just because the were mother/daughter didn't necessarily mean they shared love or even liking.

Then came the memorial and all the compliments. I really thought I had missed something important and gotten the wrong end of the stick.

With people like Cindy and KC, it isn't about love at all. It's about coming out on top, being in charge. Lots of manipulation of the other one to get what you want. If KC is convicted, then Cindy isn't a "good mother".

Also, alot of people think that KC is afraid of Cindy, because of what she said in her interview with LE at Universal. Totally not true. KC could care less, after all, she did the ultimate "gotcha" to Cindy by killing Caylee. Now Cindy will try to "one-up" in a more devious fashion. And it will go on and on, ad finitum! :rolleyes:

If KC were to be acquitted, I don't think CA and KC could ever live together again. They would probably eat each other.

With people like Cindy and KC, it isn't about love at all. It's about coming out on top, being in charge. Lots of manipulation of the other one to get what you want. If KC is convicted, then Cindy isn't a "good mother".

Also, alot of people think that KC is afraid of Cindy, because of what she said in her interview with LE at Universal. Totally not true. KC could care less, after all, she did the ultimate "gotcha" to Cindy by killing Caylee. Now Cindy will try to "one-up" in a more devious fashion. And it will go on and on, ad finitum! :rolleyes:

If KC were to be acquitted, I don't think CA and KC could ever live together again. They would probably eat each other.

From what I could see and read Kc didn't seem afraid of Cindy, more like contempt than fear. The tone of voice and attitude didn't seem fearful. KC didn't seem to have much respect for GA. Was Lee the only one that KC felt anything for in that family?

I know what you're talking about. CA reminds me so much of my mother, it's scary. It wasn't until I became aware of how I was reacting to her that I realized that it was her likeness to my own mother that was causing me to want to.....do something not nice!
My mother is 82 and she is worse than ever. I, too, always have wondered why and still don't have a clue. I finally stepped back after I saw her trying to do the same things to my children that she had done to me. I was well into my thirties before those poison arrows(words) she shot stopped finding their mark and yet, if she were gone, I would miss her.

I had to move away at 45 to get to that point. :) And yes, you would still miss her as I do mine.

Snip:
What I would like to know is do you think that Cindy loves KC (unconditionally) as many are saying? Is that why she is defending her? TIA for the answer.

It's my opinion based on my own experience, that above all, Cindy loves and protects herself. It's instinctive and ingrained I think, not intentionally malicious.

Somehow the two didn't seem very close to me. But I could be missing something.

For visual verification that CA is jealous of KC, refer to the jail tapes and watch CA's reaction when GA says to KC "Hi, gorgeous." CA will lean way back in her chair, uncomfortably so, in order to rest her head (possessively) on George's chest. You will see her make that same possessive gesture only one other time, and that is when GA opens his conversation with KC by saying sincerely, "I love you." Perhaps Cindy isn't jealous of KC, but she is defintely competitive with her...or is that the same thing. The psychologist on NG used the term "jealous" when she saw Cindy do that the first time. To me when CA did it again under exactly the same circumstances, that's proof enough for me.

Re Bold: You're right, :clap: but that is exactly the sort of sly, unfair behavior that Casey has probably had to deal with throughout her life--and couldn't.

I mean, stop for a moment and see it in full clarity and knowledge. In that speech, CA managed to make herself look to the entire world, like the most loving, caring, and devoted of mothers.
"Casey, I love you...I wish I could comfort you and dry away your tears..."​
Her remarks to KC positively dripped with heart-wrenching sincerity as Cindy spoke them at a huge public, nationally televised, memorial after cremating Caylee. But--oh, wait--Casey asked her not to cremate Caylee and to have a small, private service not a lavish public one. :floorlaugh:

See what we mean? :blowkiss: Cindy defied every wish of Casey's and simultaneously portrayed herself to the world as KC's sainted, loving, devoted mother. If KC watched that, she must have been extremely "frushtrated" to say the least. I have a feeling KC has endured a lifetime of similar behavior from CA and if so, then I do see how that could have ended up in tragedy.

PS: Please note, what I said above has nothing to to do with whether or not I feel KC was entitled to have an opinion about Caylee's remains, etc. The point is that legally, she did have that right, and Cindy trampled on it.

ALL that should have mattered from the beginning was FINDING Caylee, and then JUSTICE for Caylee. Not attempting to portray KC as a great, loving mom, and hindering the investigation, believing KC's lies, and leading LE on wild goose chases.

Re Bold: You're right, :clap: but that is exactly the sort of sly, unfair behavior that Casey has probably had to deal with throughout her life--and couldn't.

I mean, stop for a moment and see it in full clarity and knowledge. In that speech, CA managed to make herself look to the entire world, like the most loving, caring, and devoted of mothers.
"Casey, I love you...I wish I could comfort you and dry away your tears..."​
Her remarks to KC positively dripped with heart-wrenching sincerity as Cindy spoke them at a huge public, nationally televised, memorial after cremating Caylee. But--oh, wait--Casey asked her not to cremate Caylee and to have a small, private service not a lavish public one. :floorlaugh:

See what we mean? :blowkiss: Cindy defied every wish of Casey's and simultaneously portrayed herself to the world as KC's sainted, loving, devoted mother. If KC watched that, she must have been extremely "frushtrated" to say the least. I have a feeling KC has endured a lifetime of similar behavior from CA and if so, then I do see how that could have ended up in tragedy.

PS: Please note, what I said above has nothing to to do with whether or not I feel KC was entitled to have an opinion about Caylee's remains, etc. The point is that legally, she did have that right, and Cindy trampled on it.
Spot on. With Cindy, it's all about the power. While murdering one of my children would never have been an option for me, I understand that feeling of rage. While I moved away from that atmosphere, Casey, I believe, tried to best her mother at her own game because the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Thank you kindly, everyone for sharing your own experiences and explaining so well. I understand a lot more now. With the creamation decision and KC's little 'letter from jail' delivered by Baez, I wonder if this will go on for years and years, with commisary funds donated or not, with jail visits witheld or allowed, or with public declarations from KC and Cindy in turn, each trying to score off the other. The thought of them each trying to outdo the other makes me very sad. What a waste!

From what I could see and read Kc didn't seem afraid of Cindy, more like contempt than fear. The tone of voice and attitude didn't seem fearful. KC didn't seem to have much respect for GA. Was Lee the only one that KC felt anything for in that family?

i don't think casey feels anything for anyone but i do agree that she does not fear cindy at all, and why should she? what has cindy ever done to make casey fear her?
nothing.
despise - quite possibly, fear - no.
i don't know where the notion of casey being afraid of cindy originated b/c there's zero evidence of it anywhere.

Spot on. With Cindy, it's all about the power. While murdering one of my children would never have been an option for me, I understand that feeling of rage. While I moved away from that atmosphere, Casey, I believe, tried to best her mother at her own game because the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I agree on all counts. Heck in a matter of only a couple of weeks, Cindy managed to frustrate, antagonize, infuriate, insult, humiliate, and outwit virtually everyone who went near her.

More significantly she had the same horrible effect on a hundred million ADULTS who only spent a couple hours a week observing her on television! What real chance for normalcy would KC, the child, have had against such a formiddable, lethal force?

IMO, most kids with mothers like Cindy are seriously weakened by the experience; they try to comply, to avoid confrontation, and they tear themselves up, trying.

However, KC somehow grew stronger from the constant mental combat. Or perhaps she was born "strong" as was her mother.

i don't think casey feels anything for anyone but i do agree that she does not fear cindy at all, and why should she? what has cindy ever done to make casey fear her?
nothing.
despise - quite possibly, fear - no.
i don't know where the notion of casey being afraid of cindy originated b/c there's zero evidence of it anywhere.

I think Casey fears Cindy as her only "worthy opponent," and I think that over the years, Cindy has given her reason to feel that way. Take for example Cindy's attempt to have her own daughter arrested for auto theft because her daughter wouldn't take her to her granddaughter. Think also of how Cindy verbally flayed Casey to Jesse, and to Tony.

Now I also think Cindy fears Casey as her only "worthy opponent." For example, notice how cautiously Cindy handled KC during those jail tapes where KC held the power. And yet, Cindy wasn't a bit afraid to ignore KC's objections about cremation and a public memorial. She also wasn't hesitant about announcing that Caylee had been her biggest gift. Oh, but wait--didn't Cindy also used to call Caylee "Casey's mistake?"

I think these two women have engaged in a lethal, lifelong battle for power and supremacy, and Caylee's death was the result. She was collateral damage.

i don't know where the notion of casey being afraid of cindy originated b/c there's zero evidence of it anywhere........

its the other way around, imo.

cindy is afraid of KC.

just look at the first jail house meeting.

its obvious who fears who....now at least.

........ And yet, Cindy wasn't a bit afraid to ignore KC's objections about cremation and a public memorial. She also wasn't hesitant about announcing that Caylee had been her biggest gift. Oh, but wait--didn't Cindy also used to call Caylee "Casey's mistake?" .......

CA has no reason to fear KC at this point, when she made those decisions....KC has already done her worse, the absolute worst she can do to Cindy, and she's in jail, never to see the light of day.

No wonder Cindy did the exact opposite of what KC wanted...She must have loved doing it. (In a very sick sort of way.) Revenge is sweet, especially if you have been afraid of someone or thing and suddenly can stick it to them without fear of retaliation..

Its a wonder she doesn't turn on her legally, except that would mean admitting way toooo much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tabathahoward46
Back