GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm beginning to wonder if making public all of his charges might not backfire. Now he knows he's doomed to never see the light of day so why not take his life or run to the border. See? It's possible a few days ago , he may have thought he could win the case, talk his way out of it, only get a light sentence or evade arrest altogether. But now no one looking at that list will think it might somehow work out in his favor.
I suspect he'll be found dead somewhere by his own hand.

It could backfire but that being said I have a feeling LE knows exactly what they're doing. In my gut only, I think they have a plan to catch this smuck.
imoo

:jail: come out, come out wherever you are! :jail:

my mom just mentioned to me... maybe they decided to release the information that they did in hopes that whoever is helping him will read it and realize what a monster he is.... in case they're in denial!

Perez said Summers – who was on probation under California’s prison realignment to ease inmate overcrowding – was "assessed at a medium risk to re-offend."

Summers, believed to a transient, repeatedly re-offended for crimes ranging from assault to theft, according to LA County court records. Among his list of priors are charges for grand theft, assault and battery, driving without a license and receiving stolen property.

Does this make sense to anyone?????????? repeatedly re-offended This makes me so angry he was out on the streets!!!

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Suspects-Tobias-Dustin-Summers-201152281.html

OT - sort of.
so embarrassing. I lost my alarm remote and deleted it from my system, so then I found it and added it and tested it, thinking I had 30 seconds to cancel it on the remote before it would go to the monitoring company. 5 minutes later, I'm outside with DD and 3 cops show up at my fence. :facepalm:
Apparently here, they don't wait 30 seconds, they don't call to confirm a crime in progress. they just show up. SO embarrassing. but good to know they come no mater what. I explained I was from Seattle and they do it differently there - they don't come unless they talk to you and you tell them you're having a crime committed against you. they were shocked. they said they come no matter what. good to know!

OT - sort of.
so embarrassing. I lost my alarm remote and deleted it from my system, so then I found it and added it and tested it, thinking I had 30 seconds to cancel it on the remote before it would go to the monitoring company. 5 minutes later, I'm outside with DD and 3 cops show up at my fence. :facepalm:
Apparently here, they don't wait 30 seconds, they don't call to confirm a crime in progress. they just show up. SO embarrassing. but good to know they come no mater what. I explained I was from Seattle and they do it differently there - they don't come unless they talk to you and you tell them you're having a crime committed against you. they were shocked. they said they come no matter what. good to know!

i've never really understood the whole, "we're going to call and confirm you really need us to come out" thing.. i mean, what's a robber/kidnapper/worse going to do, let you answer the phone?! :facepalm:

I'm a little confused about something. How can two criminals plan to rob a house but instead kidnap a little girl and take nothing else? Investigators are saying they don't think she was targeted? Something doesn't add up. You have a guy driving a getaway car & another guy going inside the house to rob it. What the heck did they think they were gonna steal with just one criminal entering the house knowing there were people inside? Yet he comes out holding the little girl? It doesn't make sense. What am I missing? Didn't plan on kidnapping the girl BUT she was found in different clothes than she left with? What, did Tobias go clothes shopping for her? Or grab a couple of her clothes on their way out of her house? Martinez fled after he saw Summers kidnapped the girl? Then why did he drive anywhere with them at all? Since a ****** assault happened in the course of another crime, I thought Martinez could be charged equally as Summers for what happened. If so then why isn't he? Is it bc he left before anything happened?

http://m.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml?catid=57577906&feed_id=999&videofeed=999

California Kidnapping Update: 2 men charged in kidnapping of 10-year-old girl, authorities say
April 04, 2013
by CBNews.com

Snipped:
The details were included in charges that were brought against Tobias Summers, a 30-year-old transient who remains a fugitive, and Daniel Martinez, his 29-year-old alleged accomplice who was arrested Sunday.
Police said Summers broke into the house in the middle of the night on March 27 while Martinez waited in a getaway car. Summers emerged from the home with the girl and they both got in the car.
Martinez drove a short distance and then abandoned the vehicle and disappeared. Summers took the girl to a vacant home nearby where he held her captive, police said.
At some point, Summers ******** assaulted the girl and forced her to pose for **** photos, according to a criminal complaint. The girl turned up about 12 hours later after the harrowing ordeal, disoriented and disheveled. She was found wandering near a Starbucks about six miles away. She was barefoot, had bruises and scratches, and wasn't wearing the same clothes she had on when she vanished.
Police Cmdr. Andrew Smith said it was unclear why Summers abducted the girl but investigators don't believe he targeted her when he initially went to the home.
Summers, who is still a fugitive, was charged with kidnapping burglary and nearly three dozen counts of ****** assault. If convicted, he faces multiple life terms in prison.
Martinez was charged with one count each of kidnapping and burglary. He faces a maximum 12-year prison term if found guilty.

How can Martinez only face the max of 12 years? That means he could get out in what...8 years? Less? I have to wonder if some bargaining is going on, or wouldn't that make sense?

How can Martinez only face the max of 12 years? That means he could get out in what...8 years? Less? I have to wonder if some bargaining is going on, or wouldn't that make sense?

I think when Martinez was faced with the fact he was going to prison, since he's been there before, he knew exactly what would happen to him if the other prisoners thought he had assaulted a child. Also LE probably showed him a list of charges like those that were brought against Summers, and told him that's what he was up for unless he could help them prove it was Summers, and he wasn't involved.

I think, facing that bleak future, and maybe not wanting his family to think he had assaulted a child, he caved, talked, and agreed to testify against Summers.

He's still a piece of scum to me, because as soon as he saw the little girl, he could have saved her from what happened next. Instead, he in essence facilitated or enabled the whole horror by taking Summers and the little girl to the abandoned house, leaving the little girl in the hands of Summers, and walking away knowing she was in grave danger.

I hope the other prisoners let him know what they think of that, but I think probably part of the deal too was protective custody where they put them separate so other prisoners can't get hold of them.

:twocents:

For the tshirt the little girl was wearing when she was found, it was huge on her, so I think it was a man's tshirt, Summer's tshirt.

This is another similarity to the kidnapped little girl in Philadelphia - she was found wearing different clothes - a big man's tshirt. She had been fully dressed when she was abducted. She had been taken from her classroom at school and she even had her jacket on. But was found wearing only a big tshirt.

It makes me wonder if they cut these little girls' clothes off when they get hold of them. They have nothing to put back on them, so they just take off their tshirt and put that on them.

Cheese, it still makes me wonder about Tobias, though, & how this "penchant" of his evolved. I mean, think about it: This freak took very explicit pictures of this little innocent angels. He already had to know beforehand how he could get rid of them, where to take them after the fact. So how did he go undetected for so long while being under the "watchful eye" of Cali? Epic fail by huge proportions. This azz shoulda been in state prison instead of a stupid jail & should have been scrutinized under the watch of a parole officer instead of a probation officer. The reason this new system failed in this instance is bc under parole he would've had to adhere to tougher rules, be subject to more drug tests, go through a forensic psych eval, do on house therapy & rehabilitation, etc. How in the world could his tendencies go undetected? Again, he'd have had to already know who & where to send or take those pictures. Plus they're digital if he used a phone or digital camera. The Internet is immediate. Transferring a digital file hidden in a cluster to anoth file & then sent over a scrambled connection is possible. Would he know how do do that?

Cheese, it still makes me wonder about Tobias, though, & how this "penchant" of his evolved. I mean, think about it: This freak took very explicit pictures of this little innocent angels. He already had to know beforehand how he could get rid of them, where to take them after the fact. So how did he go undetected for so long while being under the "watchful eye" of Cali? Epic fail by huge proportions. This azz shoulda been in state prison instead of a stupid jail & should have been scrutinized under the watch of a parole officer instead of a probation officer. The reason this new system failed in this instance is bc under parole he would've had to adhere to tougher rules, be subject to more drug tests, go through a forensic psych eval, do on house therapy & rehabilitation, etc. How in the world could his tendencies go undetected? Again, he'd have had to already know who & where to send or take those pictures. Plus they're digital if he used a phone or digital camera. The Internet is immediate. Transferring a digital file hidden in a cluster to anoth file & then sent over a scrambled connection is possible. Would he know how do do that?

Do you mean that you think he sent the pics to someone else or posted them to the internet? Did the charging doc indicate that? I'll have to look at it again. I only remember it saying he took pics, but I was upset reading it. But if it only said took pics, then I'd assume they were on his phone or camera, more likely his phone, since this didn't seem to be planned. He'd use what was available.

I'm trying to find a live feed for the Schaffhausen trial, and then I'll look at the charging doc again.

His charge is 311.4(a)

311.4. (a) Every person who, with knowledge that a person is a
minor, or who, while in possession of any facts on the basis of which
he or she should reasonably know that the person is a minor, hires,
employs, or uses the minor to do or assist in doing any of the acts
described in Section 311.2, shall be punished by imprisonment in the
county jail for up to one year, or by a fine not exceeding two
thousand dollars ($2,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, or
by imprisonment in the state prison. If the person has previously
been convicted of any violation of this section, the court may, in
addition to the punishment authorized in Section 311.9, impose a fine
not exceeding fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).

Looking at 311.2
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/1/9/7.5/s311.2

It looks like it could mean he showed her *advertiser censored* pics. I don't know. I need to look at the subsection charges. This is giving me a headache.

ETA Okay the charging doc specifies posing for nude pics in charge 37, and that would be the 311.4(a). If they find out he sent or distributed them, then I think we'll see additional charges in the future like 311.2(b), 311.2(c) etc. If they find them on, eg, his computer or laptop, then I think we'll see addl charges in the future for possession like 311.11

Scratch what I said about showing her *advertiser censored* pics. There would be an addtl charge for that. What he's charged with specifies taking nude pics.

Also if they find he additionally took pics of any of the acts in the other charges, then he'll be hit with addtl charges for that like 311.4(c)

All just my opinion. Maybe the lawyer who's posted can interpret it for us. Gitana I think her name is?

Thanks to all that are diligently following this case. I have a question and it might have been addressed already so apologies in advance... If DM drove them for a little while then got out of the car before any assault/etc happened why was he back with her when she was being dropped off? If TS took her several places: house, storage locker, etc. then how odd DM catch back up to them to be there to drop her off? All with in 13 hours? Thanks in advance.

Thanks to all that are diligently following this case. I have a question and it might have been addressed already so apologies in advance... If DM drove them for a little while then got out of the car before any assault/etc happened why was he back with her when she was being dropped off? If TS took her several places: house, storage locker, etc. then how odd DM catch back up to them to be there to drop her off? All with in 13 hours? Thanks in advance.

My understanding of the current/recent info is that DM was to drive the getaway car, and that he waited outside her house, drove them to the abandoned house, and then disappeared, with no further involvement.

I don't write the tweets. I just post 'em. :what:

LeonardFiles ‏@LeonardFiles 9m
Northridge kidnap sus has penis tattoo and "problem" with meth, according to law enf documents. Tobias Summers street name - "Peckerwood."

@LeonardFiles is a LA crime reporter for KFI AM radio

Patrick Healy ‏@PatrickNBCLA 59s
Breaking: Border security camera saw fugitive #kidnap suspect Tobias Summers cross footbridge to Tecate, Mexico,
LAPD Chief Beck reveals.

KCBS KCAL ‏@KCBSKCALDesk 1m
#BREAKING LAPD Chief Beck announces there is security footage of kidnap suspect Tobias Summers crossing footbridge into Tecate, Mexico.

Joel Rubin ‏@joelrubin 3m
@LAPDChiefBeck says kidnapping suspect Tobias Summers seen on video crossing into Tecate, Mexico over a footbridge few days ago. #inthewind

Breaking: Border security camera saw fugitive #kidnap suspect Tobias Summers cross footbridge to Tecate, Mexico,
LAPD Chief Beck reveals.

#BREAKING LAPD Chief Beck announces there is security footage of kidnap suspect Tobias Summers crossing footbridge into Tecate, Mexico.

@LAPDChiefBeck says kidnapping suspect Tobias Summers seen on video crossing into Tecate, Mexico over a footbridge few days ago. #inthewind

Grrrrrr! I hate him !

Well I 'm not sure how cooperative the Mexican government would be or how seriously they take the kind of charges against Tobias, but I feel he may be on the lam for awhile. I pray I am wrong. But I have no doubt that his life will become less and less pleasant every day he spends running. You cannot outrun what you've done and you 'll never enjoy another moment of your life in captivity or not . You're doomed !

LAPD Chief Beck reveals.

why the h*ll was he not apprehended then? weren't they looking for him at the border?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back