CA - Unidentified & possible missing victims of Randy Kraft, 1971-1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Were the detectives on the Kraft case negligent?

• Yeah, they could have done more.

Votes: 59 90.8%
  • No, I love cops.

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
In case people did not know, as of this day, July 7, 2021, Kraft has officially spent at least half of his life in custody or prison. 13,935 days and counting. Just putting into perspective how long it's been, and how little we may have left to be able to get him to open up about anything.

Thanks for posting! This really shows just how long he's been imprisoned. I still can't believe they found him driving around with a corpse in his car and still thinks he can manipulate people into thinking he's innocent.

I'd like to bring up the Feb 1973 Wilmington JD and the Ripples Long Beach JD for a moment. It is established that many in the Belmont Shores area reported seeing Feb 1973 Wilmington JD around the area trying to turn tricks, so it's likely that he caught Kraft's attention that way, and Kraft probably pretended he was going to pay for his services before murdering him. There is consensus on the other Doe's thread that he may be "Front of Ripples" noted on the scorecard. What do we think about how that Doe may be connected to the front of Ripples? Could he maybe have seen him at the front of Ripples or gotten into an altercation there?

Thanks for posting! This really shows just how long he's been imprisoned. I still can't believe they found him driving around with a corpse in his car and still thinks he can manipulate people into thinking he's innocent.

I'd like to bring up the Feb 1973 Wilmington JD and the Ripples Long Beach JD for a moment. It is established that many in the Belmont Shores area reported seeing Feb 1973 Wilmington JD around the area trying to turn tricks, so it's likely that he caught Kraft's attention that way, and Kraft probably pretended he was going to pay for his services before murdering him. There is consensus on the other Doe's thread that he may be "Front of Ripples" noted on the scorecard. What do we think about how that Doe may be connected to the front of Ripples? Could he maybe have seen him at the front of Ripples or gotten into an altercation there?
No problem. And yeah, it's amazing he can deny committing ANY murder, especially Gambrel's. From reading McDougal's book, he had apparently wanted to testify about that night he was arrested, but decided against it when the prosecutor wanted to cross examine him.

The Feb 1973 Doe was thought to be WILMINGTON on the scorecard, as far as I recall. Since he was found in the Wilmington area. Also in 1973, Ripples wasn't even the name of the club there as far as I remember. I think it was called Ripples in 1976 or 1977?

The Feb 1973 Doe was thought to be WILMINGTON on the scorecard, as far as I recall. Since he was found in the Wilmington area. Also in 1973, Ripples wasn't even the name of the club there as far as I remember. I think it was called Ripples in 1976 or 1977?

Sorry, I should've clarified in my post, I was talking about Feb 1873 JD who was probably Wilmington on the scorecard, AND 1392UMCA with the paid stamp who may have been Front of Ripples on the scorecard. He didn't put a date for "Front of Ripples", he was just kind of jumbled in there.

In case people did not know, as of this day, July 7, 2021, Kraft has officially spent at least half of his life in custody or prison. 13,935 days and counting. Just putting into perspective how long it's been, and how little we may have left to be able to get him to open up about anything.

That's frightening to imagine. I'm sure he's well aware of this fact too, heck, I even bet that he's been counting down from a certain point during his incarceration. Kraft really needs to have someone to confide in before he goes out.

Yes, he is 76 years old now. I have wondered why he insists on sticking to his story that he is completely innocent. Is he waiting for his older siblings to pass away first so he doesn't have to admit to them who he really is? Is his refusal to talk his way of "getting back" at society for imprisoning him? He's smart enough to know he will spend the rest of his life imprisoned. You would think he would at least be willing to talk in exchange for some increased accomodations or privileges in prison (if that's allowed). I do wonder if his fall down the steps caused brain damage which resulted in his aberrant behavior. His home life was certainly stable enough.

Yes, he is 76 years old now. I have wondered why he insists on sticking to his story that he is completely innocent. Is he waiting for his older siblings to pass away first so he doesn't have to admit to them who he really is? Is his refusal to talk his way of "getting back" at society for imprisoning him? He's smart enough to know he will spend the rest of his life imprisoned. You would think he would at least be willing to talk in exchange for some increased accomodations or privileges in prison (if that's allowed). I do wonder if his fall down the steps caused brain damage which resulted in his aberrant behavior. His home life was certainly stable enough.
It's interesting you mention older siblings. Obviously both of his parents have passed away decades ago, but his oldest sister passed away in 2019. She was the closest person in Randy's life besides from his partners, and was one of the first people he called when he was arrested back in 1983. He has nothing to hide now that she has passed away, and as far as I know, only one of Kraft's sisters is alive today.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/losangelesregister/obituary.aspx?n=kay-darden&pid=193784396
This was her obituary, and makes no mention of Randy, even though he is still alive. I doubt he saw this; I wonder what he would think of it.

If this is the one in question:

Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP72085
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found April 22, 1973
Location Found Wilmington, California
Estimated Age Range17-25 Years
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Then no he has no exclusions at this time.

What do you think about this one?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Derran Conway Rogers

Went missing a couple months prior. Remains may have been refrigerated so a couple months could be feasible. Height and age a little off.

It's interesting you mention older siblings. Obviously both of his parents have passed away decades ago, but his oldest sister passed away in 2019. She was the closest person in Randy's life besides from his partners, and was one of the first people he called when he was arrested back in 1983. He has nothing to hide now that she has passed away, and as far as I know, only one of Kraft's sisters is alive today.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/losangelesregister/obituary.aspx?n=kay-darden&pid=193784396
This was her obituary, and makes no mention of Randy, even though he is still alive. I doubt he saw this; I wonder what he would think of it.
It is interesting that Randy's name was left off of her obit.

John Doe 1979 found in Long Beach, referred to as '76' on Kraft's scorecard as been identified as Keith Anthony Jackson: Keith Jackson

Unless Kraft had duplicate entries for Keith, he most likely was not the one referred to as 'ENGLAND' on the scorecard. An unidentified victim is now known, a disappearance is solved, and the murderer (most) likely Kraft, is still in prison. Bittersweet but at least the family knows what happened. Rest easy, Keith.

[QUOTE = "ivonne, post: 14916177, member: 239390"] Hola, creo que "INGLATERRA" podría ser Keith Anthony Jackson, que vino de Inglaterra a California para pasar unas vacaciones ...
5348DMCA - Keith Anthony Jackson
La Red Doe: 2475UMCA [/ QUOT
[QUOTE = "InquisitiveIndividual, post: 14916903, miembro: 225460"] ¡Bienvenidos a Webslueths, Ivonne! Jackson suena como un posible candidato para la entrada, ¡debe contactar a los investigadores con esta información!

Déjame ir a través de NamUs y ver si algún cuerpo coincide con su descripción. [/ CITA]
Y
[QUOTE = "InquisitiveIndividual, post: 14916903, miembro: 225460"] ¡Bienvenidos a Webslueths, Ivonne! Jackson suena como un posible candidato para la entrada, ¡debe contactar a los investigadores con esta información!

Déjame ir a través de NamUs y ver si algún cuerpo coincide con su descripción. [/ CITA]

Estoy tan emocionada !! , estaba en lo cierto. Long Beach john doe era Keith Anthony Jackson !!

Also in 1973, Ripples wasn't even the name of the club there as far as I remember. I think it was called Ripples in 1976 or 1977?

I looked into this a little more and found an article from when the bar shut down in 2019. It says:

Ripples opened in 1972, (the word Club was added a few years later), but Hebert and Garcia didn’t take ownership until 1980.

The history of the building dates to the 1950s when it was a gay bar called Oceania that closed in 1968.

Later, actor John Agar, Shirley Temple’s first husband, bought Oceania and turned it into a heterosexual bar-restaurant called John Agar’s Celebrity House. Agar later sold the business to Mary Azar, who renamed it Mary’s Celebrity House.

The location changed hands a few more times before 1972, when 12 gay men purchased it and renamed it Ripples.

I looked into this a little more and found an article from when the bar shut down in 2019. It says:

Ope, this may not be the correct history according to Mapping the Gay Guides.

The location at 5101 E. Ocean Boulevard had a listing in every guide that Damron had published from 1965 to 1980, though, it had no entries from 1970 to 1972. The location went through four costume changes before it became known as Ripples. From 1965 to 1968, it was listed as Oceana, which Damron had labeled as a very popular restaurant. In 1969, the entry for the location remained the same but the name had changed to Skamppies. From 1973 to 1974, the restaurant had reappeared under the name Celebrity House. Then in 1975, the restaurant had changed its name to Great Expectations, which Damron had described as looking “promising.” Finally in 1976, the location was listed as Ripples and described as attracting a young collegiate crowd, featuring dancing, and being very popular. In 1977, Damron had listed Ripples as “Burned- supposedly reopening in the Spring of ’76.” However, in 1978 the entry had gone back to normal, and in 1979 and 1980 it was also listed as a “Cruisy area.”

So the name Ripples didn't exist until 1976, it seems.

Now that Long Beach John Doe 1979 as been identified as Keith Jackson, I've been able to process some of my thoughts. Before his identification, he was thought to be referred to as "76" on the scorecard, but his is also the strongest case yet for being "ENGLAND". He was from England, was visiting California, and probably had a noticeable accent. There's no doubt he was a Kraft victim from the MO, but I have to wonder if maybe Kraft could have entered him twice in the list. The list was definitely not written in chronological order (the second to last entry being a victim from 1978), so the possibility there were duplicates in the list might be given even more credence.

[QUOTE = "ivonne, post: 14916177, member: 239390"] Hola, creo que "INGLATERRA" podría ser Keith Anthony Jackson, que vino de Inglaterra a California para pasar unas vacaciones ...
La Red Doe: 2475UMCA [/ QUOTE]

Hola, alguien sabe de alguna actualización del caso, es mi primera coincidencia y estoy muy ansiosa. En el año 2019 publiqué lo que creía del caso, pero solamente compartí en Websleuths. No hablo bien inglés, así que no envié el caso a ninguna agencia.

La Red Doe: 2475UMCA [/ QUOTE]

Hola, alguien sabe de alguna actualización del caso, es mi primera coincidencia y estoy muy ansiosa. En el año 2019 publiqué lo que creía del caso, pero solamente compartí en Websleuths. No hablo bien inglés, así que no envié el caso a ninguna agencia.
Aquí está el thread de la persona encontrado en Long Beach en 1979. Por lo visto el Doe Network lo anuncio hace unos días pero si vas a la pagina ahora solo dice identified pero no da el nombre de Keith Jackson. Es raro. Igual se precipitaron en anunciarlo.

CA - CA - Long Beach, WhtMale UP4400, 18-30, dismembered, in dumpster, Aug'79

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back