CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ventura County investigators asking for public help to solve 40-year-old Jane Doe case | NewsChannel 3-12

Here is the new article, it seems that they were able to identify the father of the baby, but he was not able to provide information on the mother
The father was identified to be a Honduran immigrant who was associated with a community of Central American immigrants in the Koreatown district of Los Angeles.
County detectives say they have been in contact with him but were unable to get any new info about her.

He probably had plenty of girlfriends and after 40 years does not remember (or want to remember) her.
He may be a married father and grandfather now and simply "forget" about his youth.

Unless he killed her (i dont buy the Wilson Chouest story) and knows who she was but after 40 years feels its safe to claim he cant remember her... kind of like Evelyn Colons boyfriend... but he couldnt escape justice because she was idd and her family knew him...
Our lady here is not idd.

SA popped into my mind, too, but I guess there could be several other reasons, like a ONS or even a medical condition that affects the memory. Hopefully, the whole story will become clear one day. I also think about that this might be the first time he learns of a child he fathered over forty years ago, too, only to be taken away just like *that*.

Can I ask why you don't believe Wilson Chouest did it?

From what i read there was not enough evidence in that case that he did it. It was attributed to him because of the Shirley Soosay murder (which he probably did). Sometimes "serial killers" mask the real killer. Like the Debra Jackson case.
But ive never seen the forensic files, i may be wrong.
Id keep the babydaddy on the radar, his friends from way back, too. Maybe someone will remember something.

From what i read there was not enough evidence in that case that he did it. It was attributed to him because of the Shirley Soosay murder (which he probably did). Sometimes "serial killers" mask the real killer. Like the Debra Jackson case.
But ive never seen the forensic files, i may be wrong.
Id keep the babydaddy on the radar, his friends from way back, too. Maybe someone will remember something.

Interesting. From what I've read, he was linked to this Jane Doe's murder with DNA in either 2012 or 2015 (sources differ) from under her fingernails, and Shirley Soosay also had his DNA under her fingernails, along with the beer bottle with his DNA by the murder scene. Can I ask why you think he killed Shirley if you don't think he killed Jane Doe? The fingernail DNA scrapings from both women matching to Chouest indicates to me that he killed both, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

People v. Chouest, 2d Crim. No. B291449 | Casetext Search + Citator

"In 2012, a forensic scientist analyzed items from Jane Doe-Ventura County's rape kit. The DNA found on her clothing matched Chouest's."

"Most significantly, Chouest's DNA was found in Jane Doe-Kern County's vagina and rectum and on her clothes. It was also found in Jane Doe-Ventura County's vagina and on her pants and underwear."

Wilson Chouest's DNA, previous crimes, and lack of alibi (he left the residence he was living at and was gone for days during the time period that the victims were killed) provide enough evidence that he did it, in my opinion. He also confessed to picking up Ventura County Jane Doe while she was hitchhiking in Visalia.

People v. Chouest, 2d Crim. No. B291449 | Casetext Search + Citator

"In 2012, a forensic scientist analyzed items from Jane Doe-Ventura County's rape kit. The DNA found on her clothing matched Chouest's."

"Most significantly, Chouest's DNA was found in Jane Doe-Kern County's vagina and rectum and on her clothes. It was also found in Jane Doe-Ventura County's vagina and on her pants and underwear."

Wilson Chouest's DNA, previous crimes, and lack of alibi (he left the residence he was living at and was gone for days during the time period that the victims were killed) provide enough evidence that he did it, in my opinion. He also confessed to picking up Ventura County Jane Doe while she was hitchhiking in Visalia.

Thanks faithx!

I know obviously from the link above that her baby's father was from a Central American community in Los Angeles Koreatown, but could she have been from a Mexican community in Los Angeles Koreatown, perhaps with others who had some ties to Zacatecas? It's frustrating because the Los Angeles area is SO HUGE, and even any outreach efforts to Mexican communities there would probably yield nothing because there are just sooo many people there. I really want to see this Jane Doe go home - she met an awful fate by a disgusting, creep and has at least one child out there who, God willing, has grown up to be an adult, and they deserve answers. Breaks my heart.

Damn. So close and yet so far with the baby's father not knowing anything about her. Maybe this is just me not being the type for one night stands, but I honestly don't understand how someone could sleep with a person and not have so much as a clue as to what her name was. Like not even something close like "Oh it was something like Mary or Maria or something like that but I can't remember specifics after all these years..." would be better than nothing. Granted, it was forty years ago, so who knows if a man likely in his late fifties or early sixties would remember much from his wayward youth.

If he still is in contact with any of his friends from back then, it might be time to go ask the one who has the memory of an elephant, cause there's always one of those in every friend group that remembers the most random details long after you yourself have forgotten them.

Damn. So close and yet so far with the baby's father not knowing anything about her. Maybe this is just me not being the type for one night stands, but I honestly don't understand how someone could sleep with a person and not have so much as a clue as to what her name was. Like not even something close like "Oh it was something like Mary or Maria or something like that but I can't remember specifics after all these years..." would be better than nothing. Granted, it was forty years ago, so who knows if a man likely in his late fifties or early sixties would remember much from his wayward youth.

If he still is in contact with any of his friends from back then, it might be time to go ask the one who has the memory of an elephant, cause there's always one of those in every friend group that remembers the most random details long after you yourself have forgotten them.
I hate to think of it but have to wonder if alcohol+sexual assault was a possible scenario, especially if it was at a party or some social event. Easy to understand in that case how he may not recall the name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back