Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No confirmation from LE as to why there were there as far as I've seen notmykids. All I've heard reported is that it was "routine".

FWIW, it has been posted on here before but the link kept "disappearing". I actually found it because someone put a link on WS, it's very interesting!! The person who posted the link suspected that it was actually the eyes for lies owner herself who didn't want the link on WS. Maybe a mod took it down, I don't know. Hope that helps.

Sha-Sha now that you mention it, I've seen it posted and removed before too. Quietly. So no I wouldn't post it Khm.

LOL okie dokie :D

I am a huge fan of LE, but can honestly say that if they are pulling stunts like that, then it is no wonder they can't afford to keep a SO in jail..they are wasting too much time and money on BS! JMHO

LE uses all kinds of sources and resources to solve crimes including profilers. I think anything they do which may lead to finding a missing child is money well spent. JMO

ETA -- Think about it...the fathers side of the family was praying and crying, and the mother, well she was on TV complaining about rumors of her not taking a DNA test and being missing, and how the rumors are BS and need to stop. Totally different reactions to a dumpster being searched which may or may not contain not only evidence to their childs where abouts but may actually contain their childs body. I think those type of reactions would be important for LE to see.

LE uses all kinds of sources and resources to solve crimes including profilers. I think anything they do which may lead to finding a missing child is money well spent. JMO

My comment relates only if they were doing it "for the camera's to get a reaction out of someone", that could be done many more ways that are certainly easier on the tax payers wallets.
I agree, if it leads to this child, or any other child for that matter, for gods sakes, lets empty every single trash bin in the state of Florida.

No. They are not going to spend hours on a dumpster to watch for reactions.

I agree, and especially since they told the families to stay away. Normally, when it's a reaction thing, they take the suspect to observe to see what their reactions are to the actual search.

Oh, question, since the dogs they were using were non-LE dogs, led by a non-LE group, would that affect their training or is it all the same?

I've never done cadaver searches with a dog, just recovery searches.
RIP Max.

Oops! So I shouldn't have posted it? Too many things to remember! Well, if they don't want it posted, they are welcome to remove it. I've seen it posted at other websites.

Uh oh I just went off and posted a rant on that blog haha O/T.

No wonder I've never read there.

I can understand the idea that using cadaver dogs inside a house where it is thought that a dead body has been, but IIRC (from someone that was a dog handler that posted on the KC thread please don't ask me to find that post because I have no clue how!) this poster said that a certain amount of time had to pass between the death and the decomp so that the cadaver dog could hit?

If that's accurate (what I'm remembering) if a body is removed from the scene quickly enough cadaver dogs would not even pick up the first few minutes of decomp? Anyone remember that or know?
They are trained to detect decomp which begins immediately after death. When training, I believe they use items like bed sheets which were with the deceased person in different time increments...like ten minutes, an hour, a day, etc. IIRC

I agree, and especially since they told the families to stay away. Normally, when it's a reaction thing, they take the suspect to observe to see what their reactions are to the actual search.
Would that be like taking Crystal and Chad to see the abandoned house? :eek: Just saying...

My comment relates only if they were doing it "for the camera's to get a reaction out of someone", that could be done many more ways that are certainly easier on the tax payers wallets.
I agree, if it leads to this child, or any other child for that matter, for gods sakes, lets empty every single trash bin in the state of Florida.

btw - Just read in the Palatka Daily News [local newspaper] that LE did indeed search through all of the garbage picked up from the neighborhood, 12 tons of it, anyway.

Then again, the article also says "authorities" state that the dogs could have "reacted to the scent from a bandage or personal hygiene items."

Link to PDN article and website:
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/27/news/news01.txt

I would hope that the "authorities" they got the report from were trained dog handlers. LOL

It's not out of the question that all parties are being studied as to their reactions to develpments in this case. LE has said nobody is ruled out.

I've seen some odd things in the past weeks--like Ronald being questioned down at the dock (is it true that some family members(Crystal? Ron?) were brought to the dumpster? Not sure if this is a rumor or not.) Also, both Misty and Ronald have been brought back into the trailer--even though Ronald has said he couldn't bear to go back in there.

Isn't it about time for LE to either clear these people and give them some peace or make some kind of a statement to the public? It's all really confusing. JMO.

I agree it is time to clear anyone publically they know is not involved in her disappearance.

I can understand the idea that using cadaver dogs inside a house where it is thought that a dead body has been, but IIRC (from someone that was a dog handler that posted on the KC thread please don't ask me to find that post because I have no clue how!) this poster said that a certain amount of time had to pass between the death and the decomp so that the cadaver dog could hit?

If that's accurate (what I'm remembering) if a body is removed from the scene quickly enough cadaver dogs would not even pick up the first few minutes of decomp? Anyone remember that or know?

I believe you are correct. IIRC from the SP case, and reading testimony of the dog handlers, bodies do not immediately give off the decomp smell. A person who has just recently died, within hours, will still give off a live scent, so tracking dogs have been known to find a dead body, even though they are not trained to detect decomp. There are two gases that a decomposing body gives off, one is cadaverine and the other I can't spell... but these two gases do not appear immediately after death. Even though bodies do start to decompose immediately, it is not detectabe by odor for several hours.
I read this explanation last night by a dog trainer on another board, and it would take me a while to find it, but it made sense to me.
I disagree that a body that has just died within minutes would produce a hit from a cadaver dog, or would leave a decomp smell in sheets or clothing, since the dead body does not emit these gases for a number of hours after death... long enough for these gases to build up in the tissues. Properly trained cadaver dogs will NOT hit on blood... they are trained specifically to detect these decomposition gases. A newly dead body has not had time to produce these gases.
It would be understandable if one dog hit on the dumpster, there have been instances of a false positive at times... but three different dogs? Very unlikely. I am going to go with Greta's theory that we can assume a dead body was in that dumpster at one time in the recent past.

Someone asked why the LE was there in the first place and gave two things they had heard ... I heard those to but in a different manner.

The dogs were brought in as routine because of the amount of time it has been since Haleigh has been gone. If she is dead, her body would be in the decomp phase by now and picked up by a dog. This makes sense to me as even though I wouldn't want my child (were I to have one) be found dead I would want the LE to do whatever possible to find my child dead or alive. Now, the area they were searching by the dumpsters is what was tipped by a neighbor (to my understanding). The dogs were originally searching the house and around it and then after the tip arrived about a certain area they went to it and that is where the dumpsters were hit on. So, dogs=routine area=tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214