Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there some question as to a blanket missing from the trailer at the same time Haleigh disappeared?

I still am questioning where the concrete block that was blocking the back door open came from. Did LE ever say where it came from definitively?

Also, on Day One, the day Ron gave his first interview one camera man did a close up on his hands and they were all banged up and scabs were forming. Maybe it happened at work but that could also happen from handling concrete block IMHO.

I'll be unpopular for saying this but there may be another concrete block involved in this case and when LE finds it they might also find Haleigh (under water). All of this is just conjecture on my part, of course.

Asker, at this point with what we know of all involved, anything is possible.

As for the cinder block, there was a rumor that there was a pile of approximately 50 somewhere in the area. Just a rumor. The cinder block would be suspicious anyway, IMO, even if it came from a pile nearby.

Heavy blocks would be a good weight to hold a body underwater also. I pray that this will not be the case.

All we have is conjecture because we are certainly not being told anything!

Hi Asker, I thought I read here yesterday that the contempt hearing was dropped.

I believe it was postponed till Haleigh was found.Would there be a file on the Putham site on it,I wonder?

It wouldn't. CS owed remains owed until it is paid per federal law (the Bradley Amendment).

I would go so far as to say that no court would even consider a hearing on child custody as long as CS is in contempt of court with her child support payments.

Plus, that would be beyond cruel to do to a family of a missing child.

cajun, as much as I have complained about LE in this case, I honestly believe that they would not do something of this nature. Maybe it is as simple as checking out every tip and dog hits. JMO.

Did I post this earlier? Been side tracked many times. How can cadaver dogs hit through metal or iron? Did any dogs jump inside the dumpster?

They are tracking a scent pool. The scent is in the air and soil where a body has been, as well as in any materials that can absorb it. They would be able to smell what is in the dumpster without getting in just like any human that has walked by a dumpster and thought it reeked without getting inside of it.

I would go so far as to say that no court would even consider a hearing on child custody as long as CS is in contempt of court with her child support payments.

True, but is CS smart enough to know that?

Hmmmm "certified" , that scares me when it comes to these dogs.
Who exactly "certifies" them? What qualifys a dog to be certified? Is there a standard test used thoughout the US or are the standards different between "schools".

Boy this opens a whole nother can of worms.....:eek:

I train service dogs and I can tell you that the standards are WAY WAY different in different schools and/or trainers.

Sorry, if we've moved on from the dog talk, still catching up.

PinkyPoo ITA there is a big difference in the "schools" that train dogs. Alot depends on the handler.

Hi Asker, I thought I read here yesterday that the contempt hearing was dropped.

A contempt hearing is to impose sanctions (fines) and attempt to force the payment of CS. CS once found in arrears can never be erased, not even if there were errors made in assigning it per the Bradley Amendment. Even the disappearance or death of the child would not remove the arrears (debt owed). Only payment of the arrears in full will remove the CS arrears from the court's jurisdiction.

Granted probably a lot of people don't know this but I doubt this would be a motive to kidnap or kill one's own child for the most part.

I think someone was talking about hearing dogs barking in background with the yard interview Feb 11th or 12th.Yesterday the cadaver dogs were in yard and there was a dog pen,remember where dog was drinking?Did Ronald have a dog?

A contempt hearing is to impose sanctions (fines) and attempt to force the payment of CS. CS once found in arrears can never be erased, not even if there were errors made in assigning it per the Bradley Amendment. Even the disappearance or death of the child would not remove the arrears (debt owed). Only payment of the arrears in full will remove the CS arrears from the court's jurisdiction.

Granted probably a lot of people don't know this but I doubt this would be a motive to kidnap or kill one's own child for the most part.

Honestly I could not see any of the family members killing that child.I don't think dogs have hit on decomp until the dumpster and that was I guess a false hit.

No. They are not going to spend hours on a dumpster to watch for reactions.

Wouldn't you love to read the arrest warrant that was based on such a stunt. Well you see your honor, Officer Tweedle over here had the brilliant idea to fake a cadaver dog hit, and then several county employees, while on overtime, hopped into the dumpster on live TV, and we pretended we thought we were going to find Haleigh's body. You will clearly see that _____________ (insert family member name of your choice) did not respond to this fake search like we think they should have and therefore we have probably cause.

A court absolutely would hold the hearing unless the parent or the parent's attorney asked for a continuance. If they asked for one because of a missing child the continuance would be granted but it would be rescheduled once the child was located and during that time more arrears (and high interest on the arrears) would accrue so I don't see what a parent would gain by staging a federal crime to put off a CS hearing.

They are tracking a scent pool. The scent is in the air and soil where a body has been, as well as in any materials that can absorb it. They would be able to smell what is in the dumpster without getting in just like any human that has walked by a dumpster and thought it reeked without getting inside of it.
However, as far as we know. no decomp/body was found. We shall see though. Boy this is one confusing case.

Where is she?

Concrete is pourous. Metal is not. :bang:

I see what you're saying dunlurkin. From a distance it looked like a dumpster that's used at construction sites. I didn't see a lid.

I wonder if we can assume that the outer walls of the dumpster would be completely air and water tight? I would think that in an open type dumpster there would be drainage openings of some some sort?

If there are drainage openings or the integrity of the outer walls of the dumpster is compromised (rusted through in tiny areas that wouldn't effect the stability of the dumpster, or areas that weren't completely welded airtight) the that might allow for the scent of whatever the dogs picked up (if it wasn't a fluke) to waft out?

A court absolutely would hold the hearing unless the parent or the parent's attorney asked for a continuance. If they asked for one because of a missing child the continuance would be granted but it would be rescheduled once the child was located and during that time more arrears (and high interest on the arrears) would accrue so I don't see what a parent would gain by staging a federal crime to put off a CS hearing.

no I know they would absolutely hold the contempt hearing - I'm saying to those who think this is a scheme to regain custody - the courts won't consider taking custody away from Ron and giving it to CS while CS is in contempt for support.

editing to add - unless something really really wrong can be proven about Ron (like he killed one of his children or is a suspect in a homicide) -even then custody may well be transferred to Ron's parents rather than to CS.

I don't follow this theory at all. So the killer is suppose to have a response that will flush them out of the woodwork by LE wasting a huge amount of time and money pretending to look for a body in the dumpster? And by taking someone in for questioning? If the investigation doesn't seem to be leading to me or the body, why would I flip out or out myself?

I don't personally think this is a staged event. Nor do I think they will find her body in that dumpster. I do think one of those bags may contain what she was actually wearing (since the reported outfit was in the laundry) and/or the blanket she was wrapped in.

That's what I'm thinking...

I see what you're saying dunlurkin. From a distance it looked like a dumpster that's used at construction sites. I didn't see a lid.

I wonder if we can assume that the outer walls of the dumpster would be completely air and water tight? I would think that in an open type dumpster there would be drainage openings of some some sort?

If there are drainage openings or the integrity of the outer walls of the dumpster is compromised (rusted through in tiny areas that wouldn't effect the stability of the dumpster, or areas that weren't completely welded airtight) the that might allow for the scent of whatever the dogs picked up (if it wasn't a fluke) to waft out?
Excellent point. Thank you. I sure would like to see a video of the dogs "hitting".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth