Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I mean, shoot...if they were sniffing for blood...every dumpster in the city would be suspect."

Exactly what I was thinking...I just didn't see the point in using the dogs if what the expert said was true.

I have a question. This morning I noticed there's another community (St Johns River Club...marina, club house) across the street from Haleigh's bus stop. As I was looking at pics, I was thinking that it would be a nice place for a vacation home or something then I started thinking...

Let's say a "snow bird" has a home in the area...it's not their permanent home, just somewhere they come during the winter months or even a weekend get away for someone. If they were a RSO, would they show up in the SO database for having an address in that area even though its just a vacation home?

I don't think they could get legal passports/visas or any other gov't document if they were a registered sex offender.

Yeah, I heard that on the news too while half listening. That is so frustrating. It just isn't true. Of course, there are dogs trained to sniff out blood, which is different. I mean, shoot...if they were sniffing for blood...every dumpster in the city would be suspect.

It seems like every large case we have this same debate due to these "experts". And defense attorneys always try to discredit the dogs by claiming the dogs just smelled blood from a prior nosebleed or accidental cut or something.

ITA with you. That's why I asked earlier today to clarify whether there were cadaver or search dogs there today. Cadavers are only trained with decomp. Not blood. They are trained with sheets that someone, in a hospital or such, has passed away on. Cadaver dogs are not trained to hit on any other smells.

IIRC, Search dogs on the other hand are trained to search for human scents such as sweat, blood or urine.

ITA with you. That's why I asked earlier today to clarify whether there were cadaver or search dogs there today. Cadavers are only trained with decomp. Not blood. They are trained with sheets that someone, in a hospital or such, has passed away on. Cadaver dogs are not trained to hit on any other smells.

IIRC, Search dogs on the other hand are trained to search for human scents such as sweat, blood or urine.

Spot on, SuziQ!

Melly, I have read Shawn's story. I am so sorry for what happened. You will find much love and support here. What a handsome man, I am terribly sorry for your loss, but I can assure you that you are among friends here. Sincerely, Kelly

Thank you so much Kelly for reading about Shawn. I realized early on that this forum might be healing for me. There are a lot of things happening that show my brother didn't die in vain.. dna testing of unidentifieds, namus.gov and more. Its probably not surprising to WS here... a personal family connection speaks volumes. I am priviledged to have met some of the people that have been personally touched by and are working to solve cases of missing and unidentifieds....

I am still hoping Haleigh is alive and will be home soon.

If you read carefully they are not saying blood from a live person...they are saying blood in decomp. There is a big difference to the blood that comes out during a bloody nose and blood that is released from a decomposing body.

sorry - i never said or was thinking blood from an alive person. "dead blood"... should've been more clear LOL

moving on... : )

Dont forget the a/c guy

Good thinking Kelly, He is always in the back of my mind, probably because we have learned so little about him.

I don't think LE is going to let on to any one person at this point tho because they want them to go on about their normal lives. That is one way for LE to know if something they do now would be out of character. Like becoming ultra moody, starting to drink more than usual, etc. I give LE a lot of credit and think they have a basic strategy.

The neighbor, what did they report to LE. Was it an odour? They saw someone by the dumpster looking suspicious? They heard the lid fall back down around 3am on the 10th which made a loud noise waking them up?

To alert LE and be the reason for an expensive search, it must have been something the police was thought pretty substantial IMO

I am sitting here just balling my eyes out. My son whom is 15 today and we are adopting came up and gave me a big hug. I just don't understand how someone could harm a child I just don't get it. never will :( :behindbar

6angels, sounds like you're adopting a wonderful kid. Your post got to me. If I could, I'd give you a hug too.
azwriter

Hi SusieQ, Well said.

I would also say it is all how the dog is trained to what he can do. Take Keela from Madeleine's case. She only sniffs blood and can differentiate between both, from a living person or a cadaver. She is very special tho ;} One of the top dogs in her field world wide.

I also know that decomp starts immediately upon death and one thing that starts to happen is the blood cells start to separate, the white corpusles from the red.

I'm thinking tho that if the blood was on a bandaid it would have to be from a person while alive. Upon death, with the heart no longer pumping, the body does not bleed!

The analogy of a bloody bandaid was a poor one I think ;}

If you read carefully they are not saying blood from a live person...they are saying blood in decomp. There is a big difference to the blood that comes out during a bloody nose and blood that is released from a decomposing body.

Read explanation above. If anyone wants more details, just lemme know.

Hi Jat, I think you are right about there being a big difference in live and dead blood.

Blood inside the body of someone who has just died starts to break down like I said above, the cells separating. I think the blood then starts to mix with the other body fluids that are breaking down as well and so don't think one would call it blood anymore.

We have a dear poster here who deals with forensics on a day to day basis. I'll invite her to this thread as she can give a proper explanation, OK? My knowledge comes from a lot of reading as a poster! :rolleyes:

Blood does not decompose. Blood is made up of mainly red blood cells and water. Blood released from the body of a live person (or dead person for that matter) does not produce decomposition fluids.

Decomp fluids are a result of the body shutting down, ceasing to properly function, and the organelles that contain acidic juices in a live person, lyse (burst) spilling out these fluids into tissue cells which essentially rot the body. The body breaks down into its chemical components for recycling.

Hi again Jat, I just now read this post. Reading from the bottom of the page up is never a good idea :crazy:

I am impressed and am really glad you are here. I also like the way you explained what happens in your last sentence. It seems like God thought of everything ;}

Was the dumpster dumped after Haleigh went missing? If so, maybe they hit on fluids but no body because the body would be at the dump/landfill.

Was the dumpster dumped after Haleigh went missing? If so, maybe they hit on fluids but no body because the body would be at the dump/landfill.

According to reports in the media, it had not been dumped. But it is the media...so.

Someone said last night, that these large 'commerical dumpters' don't get dumped regularly (like one's @ stores, apts, etc...).

They said when these get full the co. picks it up, then leaves an empty one (if you need another one)......

hopefully LE will be checking on all this today.......

I read it on the board....Todays Current News No Discussions
you can read it there.

Well regardless of the fact that nothing was found THREE Cadaver dogs hit on that dumpster so I am sure hoping that LE intends to begin digging a little deeper into this today. If a home is being renovated and parts of the garbage were in contact with a dead body......................you get the picture. The fact that they found nothing doesn't mean anything at this point other than LE needs to investigate further!

Hi, all. I haven't caught up with everything yet, but thought I would take a chance by diving straight in.

- re: dogs - would menstrual blood decompose the way that cut from a wound would? [Sorry, that has been driving me nuts from the start.]

- That dumpster looks like the containers we often see on trains. [I can't remember my Thomas the Tank Engine terminology at the moment, sorry.] Usually it is filed with coal or ash when I see them. The dumpster has SC- on the side of it in the photos posted early on this thread. Seaboard Coast Line is HQed in St. Augustine.

Just two little things that are popping up in my head and preventing me from moving on. Thought I'd throw it out here so I can let go of it.

On the media links for today 27 FEB.

The first article states that "Investigators Waited 17 Days to Fully Search Dumpster Near Haleigh's Home"

I believe I'm speechless. 17 days to fully search a dumpster that is very close to a missing child's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member