Cadaver Dogs Hits and Info

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. The FBI takes evidence samples to the lab and where they are tested under very controlled conditions. They don't take Chloroform to the evidence and test it on the scene. How could the FBI contaminate the trunk with Chloroform? It's ridiculous.

There is a zero percent chance this was cross contaminated. The field preliminary tests were done "in the field", so it will match the control. It would never have been sent otherwise

I don't understand this. The FBI takes evidence samples to the lab and where they are tested under very controlled conditions. They don't take Chloroform to the evidence and test it on the scene. How could the FBI contaminate the trunk with Chloroform? It's ridiculous.

Not on the scene. I imagine he's trying to imply that the samples could have been contaminated after they were taken into evidence. Chloroform could be used to try to extract other substances in a laboratory setting. The implication is, "Why, with all that chloroform sloshing around the lab, it's only natural to expect some got into the samples." VERY unlikely, but if you're gonna play devil's advocate...

Not on the scene. I imagine he's trying to imply that the samples could have been contaminated after they were taken into evidence. Chloroform could be used to try to extract other substances in a laboratory setting. The implication is, "Why, with all that chloroform sloshing around the lab, it's only natural to expect some got into the samples." VERY unlikely, but if you're gonna play devil's advocate...

I wonder what they were testing for when they found the Chloroform. It seems to me that DNA testing, in which Chloroform is used, would be done in a different lab than chemical testing and using a completely different sample. :waitasec:

EDIT: It was suggested on another thread that the FBI tested for Chloroform AFTER find the info on Casey's computer. That makes sense. So they would have been actually testing for Chloroform, that wouldn't be done at the DNA lab.

Yeah.....it's the so called "expert" for forensics. He's forgetting that the FBI are not the people that were on line researching chloroform!

He4 said, "Maybe someone else used her computer." AND, contaminated the sample? AND left a dead body in the trunk?All these plots against poor Casey.

I wonder what they were testing for when they found the Chloroform. It seems to me that DNA testing, in which Chloroform is used, would be done in a different lab than chemical testing and using a completely different sample. :waitasec:

Dunno. I know if I were looking at a trunk where a body had been, I don't think the first thing thru my head would be, "Let's check if there is any chloroform!"

Depending on the concentration, someone may have noticed a "solvent" sort of smell and said "hey, let's get some air samples out of here". I think some arson investigation teams have portable equipment that can detect flamable components and give you a breakdown. I think it would be far more common to pull samples and send them to a lab for analysis, however. And, of course, that takes time to perform those tests.

You probably do know cadaver dogs better then I do, and I'll take your word that they are at least supposed to be trained to discriminate between human and animal/mamal remains. Most of what I have had experience with have been search and rescue trained animals. Those who look for living people.

But true cadaver dogs are very expensive to train. In most cases I suspect that they are only purchased and handled by LE. The psychics dogs kind of show that there are poorly trained animals out there in the lower tiers, that have simply been trained on decomposition. Not as specifically on human decomposition.

It's becoming off topic, but I'll answer this real quick. It's costly mainly in time and effort, the majority are civilian owned/trained/handled and they are trained on human decomposition. Now, how reliable one is depends on the individual team (dog/human).

It's becoming off topic, but I'll answer this real quick. It's costly mainly in time and effort, the majority are civilian owned/trained/handled and they are trained on human decomposition. Now, how reliable one is depends on the individual team (dog/human).
my grandfather and uncles trained animals for a living. i know that after training a dog there had to be constant reinforcement of training. so maybe these dogs were trained well but the training is not kept up. of course i ahve no real idea jsut an idea.

lolo my uncle once got horse that had to be untrained. he had been kept with a camel and would go to his knees to be mounted. an easly trained animal can pick up bad habits easy.

my grandfather and uncles trained animals for a living. i know that after training a dog there had to be constant reinforcement of training. so maybe these dogs were trained well but the training is not kept up. of course i ahve no real idea jsut an idea.

lolo my uncle once got horse that had to be untrained. he had been kept with a camel and would go to his knees to be mounted. an easly trained animal can pick up bad habits easy.

They diffently have to keep training. Practice searches three times a week. And be up to cerification with SAR you have to goto a training once a year. At at least thats the way it is here:)

http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html

It was an animal not a human...as this article states!

If these are cadaver dogs they should never hit on animal bones.

Kids, are you all being nice to one another? Is the car going to be turned around and everyone has to go to bed or are you all behaving...

Here are some dancing love bananas to make everyone feel the love and be be nice :Banane59: :Banane59: :Banane59:

Here are some dancing love bananas to make everyone feel the love and be be nice :Banane59: :Banane59: :Banane59:

Now that's bringing togetherness, I so know you just watched Sarah Palin, thus the dancing bananas

I doubt a psychic's proclaimed cadaver dogs hitting on animals, will even matter to the prosecution. They (BH) are not down there working with LE, they are there by their own accord and how their dogs react and pick out animal cadavers is not detrimental to the case. About the only thing that has happened is that more people now question the legitimacy of this person's claims that her dogs are cadaver dogs.

Mind you, this is my opinion.

EDIT: It was suggested on another thread that the FBI tested for Chloroform AFTER find the info on Casey's computer. That makes sense. So they would have been actually testing for Chloroform, that wouldn't be done at the DNA lab.

I think they are both after the fact, as in, the whole car jacking theory she was looking to launch in the first place. Baby Caylee was already dead, this one, she had help coming up with, say someone in lE?

I doubt a psychic's proclaimed cadaver dogs hitting on animals, will even matter to the prosecution. They (BH) are not down there working with LE, they are there by their own accord and how their dogs react and pick out animal cadavers is not detrimental to the case. About the only thing that has happened is that more people now question the legitimacy of this person's claims that her dogs are cadaver dogs.

Has this happened before with her dogs...alerting on animal remains? I haven't followed anything on her and hadn't even heard of her (before this case).

If these are cadaver dogs they should never hit on animal bones.

Kids, are you all being nice to one another? Is the car going to be turned around and everyone has to go to bed or are you all behaving...

I'm tired...do I have to be bad to go to bed?:crazy:

i think they are both after the fact, as in, the whole car jacking theory she was looking to launch in the first place. Baby caylee was already dead, this one, she had help coming up with, say someone in le?

...ie?...oh, LE, ok

hmmmm.....an animal. Who'd have thunk it? :innocent:
LOL Chilly...touche. Still we were waiting on LE dogs to go check it out.
My fiancee' kinda chuckled at those dogs when she had them on Nancy's show.
He said we could dress our Borders up and declare them cadaver dogs too.

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't there a whole lesson we got on news or here on WS......my brain is fried........that cadaver dogs only hit on human decomp?
If it is a REAL cadaver dog, properly trained. LE dogs are trained away from animal remains or anything that may give a false hit, anything other than human remains.
I remember in the Laci case the history of the dogs are carefully questioned by the defense in regards to thier training and success rate.

If it is a REAL cadaver dog, properly trained. LE dogs are trained away from animal remains or anything that may give a false hit, anything other than human remains.
I remember in the Laci case the history of the dogs are carefully questioned by the defense in regards to thier training and success rate.

this is true. dogs do not smell like we do. they separate smells. if someone is cooking chili and you walk into the room... you smell chili. if a dog walks into that same room...it breaks down everything in the chili - beef, tomato, pepper, chili powder and so on...

they have such a keen sense of smell that a drug dog can sweep a car and smell residue on a door handle. they may not actually find the drug in question, but they know that it was there at one time. it is similar with cadaver dogs.

dogs also have bad days just like humans. that is one reason training is paramount.

Sounds good to me!

But, my fave is the dancing love bananas!:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc