Cadaver Dogs Hits and Info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting why this is funny - help? I have a Czech GSD - Czech and East German working-lines GSDs are very commonly used in LE, S&R, and cadaver work.

That being said, I'm glad certified dogs & handlers are on the way.

It's funny because Czechoslovakia is no longer in existence.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that this is it! It's been going on for way too long. I appreciate the efforts of ALL that are searching. They are doing more than mommy dearest is - and that goes for grand-mommy dearest too. Those two (the anthony girls) are a poor excuse for humans if you ask me.

I find humor in the fact that The Body Hunter team may have found Caylee. I got put in the corner with my very first Thread Post because I mentioned "the other site" and posted the maps and dreams.

Alot of people thought it was good info at the time but my thread was immediately closed. Still, the irony.

I'm not getting why this is funny - help? I have a Czech GSD - Czech and East German working-lines GSDs are very commonly used in LE, S&R, and cadaver work.

That being said, I'm glad certified dogs & handlers are on the way.

I meant no harm by LOL'ing lol (<--- see did it again).

I think I lol'd because I typed Czechoslovakia and it sounded odd to me and maybe people would think I was making that up.

I never gave any indication that I was discrediting the dogs. Just stating what I heard and lol'ing about it. No harm intended!

I hope that "The Body Hunters" are the ones that find the body because maybe all the psychic dis-believers will realize there are some liars that pretend they are psychics but there are REAL ones out there. Brian, From the site we can't mention has been saying for a week they are sure of the location and promised something would happen this week and we would all know.

Lets keep our fingers crossed so this little baby can rest in peace and Cindy will stop calling in her fake tips and SHUT HER MOUTH!!!

If the Body Hunters find Caylee's body in the exact area that LE suggested as a searching spot that certainly will not prove to me that they are real.

Blink - according to some locals - WFTV channel 9 reported on their newcasts tonight that there was an alert by one of the Body Hunters dogs - LE was called and LE has brought in their dogs and taped off the area. Supposedly the reporter on scene could smell the "smell" from about 30 yds. This all started about 4:30 and we are all sitting and waiting for updates.

I find humor in the fact that The Body Hunter team may have found Caylee. I got put in the corner with my very first Thread Post because I mentioned "the other site" and posted the maps and dreams.

Alot of people thought it was good info at the time but my thread was immediately closed. Still, the irony.

I would hold off on the "irony" for a bit, it was reported YESTERDAY on that site the dogs alerted their the day before, pretty odd its being repeated now, and LE was already in their first and had it blocked off for 2 days prior.

Guys, I just want to caution everyone- Tricia is ADMANT about not promoting these people, I see no link to coverage so I am guessing all this is coming from their site?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html

(snip)
Also late Wednesday afternoon, a cadaver dog alerted on an area in the search for Caylee Anthony just south of the Orlando International Airport. It's near the same place where search teams have been scouring the woods trying to find Caylee's body.

Orange County investigators were at the scene Wednesday evening to investigate the discovery made by the Body Hunters, an organization out of Ohio. That group said their own cadaver dogs hit on something. Investigators told Eyewitness News they did not believe the find was likely to have anything to do with the Caylee Anthony case but homicide detectives had been called out just in case.

I have tried every link and there is nothing on this at any of them- what;s the deal?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html

"Also late Wednesday afternoon, a cadaver dog alerted on an area in the search for Caylee Anthony just south of the Orlando International Airport. It's near the same place where search teams have been scouring the woods trying to find Caylee's body.
Orange County investigators were at the scene Wednesday evening to investigate the discovery made by the Body Hunters, an organization out of Ohio. That group said their own cadaver dogs hit on something. Investigators told Eyewitness News they did not believe the find was likely to have anything to do with the Caylee Anthony case but homicide detectives had been called out just in case."

I dont know how well Gail and her canine are trained but their are alot of private individual cadaver dogs out there that are just as good as LE 's. Some are even better:) Just had to throw that in there :crazy:Alot of us spend alot of time training and retraining are canines every year:) Im just hoping this is something to help bring this sweet angel home.

Blink - according to some locals - WFTV channel 9 reported on their newcasts tonight that there was an alert by one of the Body Hunters dogs - LE was called and LE has brought in their dogs and taped off the area. Supposedly the reporter on scene could smell the "smell" from about 30 yds. This all started about 4:30 and we are all sitting and waiting for updates.

Thanks, we shall see what happens...

LOL 3 in a row! Dont worry!!! Were on it!!!

If it was just 'them' saying that they found this, I wouldn't pay it any mind but since LE is now involved and there was a reporter on scene who 'smelled the smell', I have to give it some credibility and hopefully, it plays out with some kind of closure for Caylee, even though it's not what we all would have wanted.

Just for your information, and please know that I am not a forensic dog expert. But, I do have two very talented Belgian Malinois.

The Czechs breed very good dogs. That said, the quality of the dog depends on it's bloodline, and it's training. You can get excellent dogs from Czechoslovakia. They are not interested in Westminster prizes, etc. They are more into breeding for health, trainability, and working temperament.

Most American dogs are bred for "looks", and the breeders don't pay that much attention to health or working ability. There are exceptions, of course. The breeder of my Malinois was going for working ability, and has placed many of her puppies to working homes, police persons intending to train them for cadaver search, etc. The sister of my is doing this kind of work in Maryland.

I can tell you that the two Belgians that live with me would work until they dropped, if they were trained for this kind of work.

I chose to train them for house and yard protection, and they will do a perfect "bark and hold". This means they will "air-snap on each side of the intruder, be it animal or human, snarking ferociously on either side of them, doing a perfect "Cujo" imitation, but never drawing blood. My front door is down to bare wood from their warning visitors.

Now, if they know the visitors, it is all show and warning. When it is a friend or relative, we open the door and their behavior instantly goes to friendly smiles and happy licks.

But, God help a stranger! He would be running like the wind, and they would be in full chase!

These dogs can be trained to do anything, and they will work until they drop dead from heat exhaustion. We owners have to be very careful not to let them overheat/overwork, or all the training we have put into them will be lost.

Cadaver dogs are trained for a specific purpose and a specific scent. These are very different from "Search and Rescue" dogs.

Certain breeds are best at certain types of training. Please do not disrespect the Czech dogs, for the European breeders pay a lot more attention to working ability than American breeders do, in general.

And, if any of you are interested in good working dogs, pay no attention to the Westminster (AKC) bunch, for they are kind of like the "Miss/Mister America" of dogs.

If you want a good working dog, ask the breeder how his/her dogs do in the UKC trials. Go to a few of those (like watching paint dry!) and find the best breeders at one of those shows!

Just my rant/opinion on excellently bred dogs. The Czechs do breed good dogs!

Thank you for that information. I'd always heard some foreign were very good, if not better, than U.S. dogs. Thank you for confirming that.

Anyone can try to train a dog to be a cadaver dog, however it is a very involved process. Whether or not these people are qualified to train dogs or if they had someone else do it, I have never seen any info regarding this.

A friend of mine is involved in training police and search dogs. Yes anyone can buy a trained dog of whatever type. They are just very very expensive. While I don't believe my friend has ever trained or sold a cadaver sniffing dog she has trained human trackers/bloodhounds, arson dogs and a good number of standard K9 or Shutzen (sp?) trained dogs.

There is also a fairly large hobbiest population in some of the trained dogs. Particularly the Shutzen and Bloodhound/Tracking dogs.

As far as how good the psychics dogs are. It will depend on how they were trained, and how well the training was lept up. But regardless if an independent reporter is smelling something foul 30 feet away, I dont think we need to doubt the dogs too much. It just remains to be seen what s causing the smell, be it a dead animal or something worse.

I hope that "The Body Hunters" are the ones that find the body because maybe all the psychic dis-believers will realize there are some liars that pretend they are psychics but there are REAL ones out there. Brian, From the site we can't mention has been saying for a week they are sure of the location and promised something would happen this week and we would all know.

Lets keep our fingers crossed so this little baby can rest in peace and Cindy will stop calling in her fake tips and SHUT HER MOUTH!!!

Respectfully stated, but it won't prove anything to me about psychics. I think they are wonderful for searching, but searching in areas known to be suspect with a cadaver dog does not equal psychic in my book. Good hearted, yes, psychic, no.

Whether you believe in her "gift" or not, she's doing far more than poor Caylee's own family is doing to bring her home.

Even if you don't believe they are "gifted", they are people who are going out on foot everyday, with dogs they brought with them, and beating the bushes.
I admire anyone who is searching. I have never seen any proof about psychics finding people, so I doubt psychic power by itself, but bless these people for trying. They have been so quiet the last few weeks, I thought they gave up and went home.

These Body Hunters are trying to find Caylee, like most of us are, or would like to. Cut them a bit of a break. Their hearts seem to be in the right place.
:angel2:

Guys, I just want to caution everyone- Tricia is ADMANT about not promoting these people, I see no link to coverage so I am guessing all this is coming from their site?

No, it isn't. Two different Orlando residents reported this after watching channel 9 news.

Hi all - greetings from the UK

Is there a link to a video of this new report where the reporter "smelt the smell?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member