Cadbury Creme Egg debacle set to derail Easter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not buying any Cadbury eggs this year as the chocolate tastes vile now. I'm buying my eggs from Thorntons they personalise the eggs which is a nice touch. My cousins children like eggs with their name on as it is different from the other eggs they receive. I want a Forerro Rocher egg for myself.

This is the best thread I have read all day!!!!!

Oh em gee! I lucked up and stumbled on this thread. Hilarious!

But I gotta admit, I have NEVER had a Cadbury Creme Egg. I watch the commercials on TV year after year, laugh at the lion with the bunny ears, and still no Cadbury Creme Eggs for me. I admit, I am not a big fan of chocolate.

You people crack me up and thanks for many laughs tonight.

Blessed Easter, all. Love and richest blessings -- but let's remember, I get 10% of all chocolate you will consume this holiday season per special arrangements with the Almighty. This special "Godot Tithe" may be mailed directly to him, and of course address -- and personal blessing -- upon request.

Blessed Easter, all. Love and richest blessings -- but let's remember, I get 10% of all chocolate you will consume this holiday season per special arrangements with the Almighty. This special "Godot Tithe" may be mailed directly to him, and of course address -- and personal blessing -- upon request.

You can get stuffed, you aint touching my Cadbury's! I'll send you some London Gin instead, deal?!

Dont let them fool you...they already changed it. I occasionally need an intervention for Cadbury mini eggs and it was clear last year that the chocolate formula was different. Bland and grainy. :(

I agree it has changed. I don't remember when but I do remember they used to taste better.

I maybe just imagining this but I think a conspiracy exists for certain food products to get us started on them and then they go cheaper and start to use lesser quality ingredients.

Does anyone remember when Healthy Choice first came out many years ago?

It was really good when it first came out, and last 5 years it has gone downhill more and more. They used to give you hard plastic reusable microwave dishes and now its in cheap plastic dishes and the food is really bland and not that great.

Much more recently, I suspect DIGIORNO pizza has done the same thing.
They got us hooked on their great frozen pizzas and lately it has not been the same from when I first remember them coming out.

Its still good and still maybe the best frozen pizza but it is not near as good as I remember when it first hit the markets.

Is it all in my mind or is this a conspiracy from these companies to reduce cost and start slipping in less costly ingredients.?

Just had one. Still delicious. Maybe not quite as creamy as it used to be, but I wouldn't necessarily say they are bland or bad. Still my go to Easter treat.

Cadbury Mini Eggs are pure delicious smooth sweet perfection. IMO

Just had one. Still delicious. Maybe not quite as creamy as it used to be, but I wouldn't necessarily say they are bland or bad. Still my go to Easter treat.

They're still lovely, but have you guys tried the Cadbury's "egg & spoon" , now they really are egg-cellent!

Good as a device stand tho ...
47f4a8a6bebbeb99407ba98e7db9f7a8.jpg

I'm outraged about this!

I'm outraged too! :maddening:

What they fail to realize is by reducing the size of the peaks and removing the triangles, it reduces our ability to recognize and enjoy the chocolate. As we took a bite from it, we used to be able to easily break off a triangle and one chunk at a time.

Now with the reduced peak and no triangles, they effectively reduce our ability to do that which results in reduced pleasure and a less enjoyable experience. :anguish:

If they keep making these terrible decisions then these will eventually become no better than a standard generic brand. They may as well just fold the company now as reduced sales will end up being their downfall.

They just dont care about us anymore. :giggle:

I'm outraged too! :maddening:

What they fail to realize is by reducing the size of the peaks and removing the triangles, it reduces our ability to recognize and enjoy the chocolate. As we took a bite from it, we used to be able to easily break off a triangle and one chunk at a time.

Now with the reduced peak and no triangles, they effectively reduce our ability to do that which results in reduced pleasure and a less enjoyable experience. :anguish:

If they keep making these terrible decisions then these will eventually become no better than a standard generic brand. They may as well just fold the company now as reduced sales will end up being their downfall.

They just dont care about us anymore. :giggle:

Totally agree with you. Christmas is ruined how can I celebrate it now knowing I won't be able to perform the Christmas tradition of nearly breaking my teeth trying to separate the triangles.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back