Cadbury Creme Egg debacle set to derail Easter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My main complaint is when those delicious Cadbury creme eggs shrunk.

Personally I think they should be the size of footballs.

You would think the classic and proven iconic brands and products would have learned from the Coca Cola disaster years ago.

Need to leave certain things as they are and dont mess with it.
If they dont they will learn the hard way with reduced sales and unhappy customers.

I still dont think Coke Classic taste as good as its original formula before they claim to have changed it back after losing tons of money and bad publicicty when they changed their formula years ago.

Every time I take a sip of a new Can of Coke classic I carefully review it to see if its going to pass the taste test. LOL
Even though I let it pass I always wonder in the back of my mind are they trying to slide something over on me. LOL

"When an athlete is great, he or she is called the Michael Jordan of his or her sport. When a new product launch is a disaster, it is called the "New Coke" of its industry.
That negative association emerged 30 years ago Thursday, on April 23, 1985, when Coca-Cola Company announced a change to its nearly century-old secret formula."

"The pop was a bust of epic proportions."

"pivotal moment when we learned that fiercely loyal consumers -- not the Company -- own Coca-Cola and all of our brands. It is a lesson that we take seriously and one that becomes clearer and more obvious with each passing anniversary.""

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/30-years-ago-today-coca-cola-new-coke-failure/

It's ok, it's ok, everybody breathe, we're all still friends...

Kraft Heinz has abandoned its offer to buy Unilever, its Anglo-Dutch rival. The Marmite maker rejected the US food giant's bid on Friday, saying it saw "no merit, either financial or strategic" in Kraft's offer, worth about $143bn (£115bn). "Unilever and Kraft Heinz hold each other in high regard," the companies said in a joint statement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39022692

My main complaint is when those delicious Cadbury creme eggs shrunk.

Personally I think they should be the size of footballs.

My main complaint is that the delicious Cadbury creme eggs in the US are made with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. :sick:

I hide all the good UK chocolate in my luggage when I come back to the states :)

My main complaint is that the delicious Cadbury creme eggs in the US are made with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. :sick:

I only eat the eggs at Easter time so I am safe :)

I was at Walmart today and saw Hershey's carrot cake kisses. Are they something new for Easter?

HFCS is a liver toxin. As a species we don't have an enzyme dedicated to digesting and processing fructose as we do many other sugars. That means only the liver can deal with it, but in the quantities now found in the western diet, especially in the US, it overwhelms the liver. The result is non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Which is exactly like alcoholic fatty liver disease in its effect. You might as well be an alcoholic. After all, what is alcohol but processed sugar?

In short, HFCS is killing Americans. (And, to a lesser extent, the rest of us in the developed world.)

Wife bought a cheap bag of Palmer's "Peter's sweet shop" assorted shapes.

I looked at the bag and saw there were fudge filled bunnies inside. I wanted one.

The more i dug for one the more i wanted it. I dug and dug, finally dumping the whole bag out. Not one fudge filled bunny. Zero. Nada.

And there were only 3 peanut butter filled eggs. It was just a bag of chocolate discs and footballs with crispies inside, like anyone could make.

These candy makers are cheapening their products. Dangit. I still want my fudge filled bunny! Where is it Mr. Palmer?

Wife bought a cheap bag of Palmer's "Peter's sweet shop" assorted shapes.

I looked at the bag and saw there were fudge filled bunnies inside. I wanted one.

The more i dug for one the more i wanted it. I dug and dug, finally dumping the whole bag out. Not one fudge filled bunny. Zero. Nada.

And there were only 3 peanut butter filled eggs. It was just a bag of chocolate discs and footballs with crispies inside, like anyone could make.

These candy makers are cheapening their products. Dangit. I still want my fudge filled bunny! Where is it Mr. Palmer?

Here in the U.K the chocolate is shrinking, getting more expensive and using cheaper materials too. To quote my grandpa "it's not like the old days anymore."

Happy Easter, all! (Our third on this creme egg of a link.)

Here in the U.K the chocolate is shrinking, getting more expensive and using cheaper materials too. To quote my grandpa "it's not like the old days anymore."
Same in America, Hershey's used to be a great band, but they seem to taste cheaper and less like real chocolate every year.

I don't eat much chocolate but Lindt is always consistent, but at a higher cost of course.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back