Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Buttercup. The reporter could just as easily have chosen the word enhanced or the word modified. The interesting thing is that regardless of the "petty" dispute and in spite if the modification, the pump was a failure! That leaves me scratching my head.

Very interesting point Cherchri... I wonder if the word "altered" is a technical term pertaining to patents and intellectual property, or if it was an intentional? If it was intentional, it really sticks out to me. Altering something, to me, means changing something integral to the function...does this mean the info on the actual patent itself was updated? Or maybe DG changed a prototype?... Either way, like you said, it was a failure and there was no fame or fortune to come out of it, so why would there be any bad blood?

Just a though, what if the business relationship and patent had nothing to do with the motive. What if the motive was revenge or to cause pain against his sister. Aside from what he took from JO, he took a lot from his sister. How tragic and morbid for PG that her own brother murders(supposedly) her in-laws and her sort of nephew by marriage! Think of what this will do to her psyche and her relationship with her husband.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how old PG and AL children are? I would think DG was not involved with PG's children at all based on Al Liknes' comment about not seeing DG since thabkgiving four years earlier

It's all too heartbreaking... It's sick :(.

Very interesting point Cherchri... I wonder if the word "altered" is a technical term pertaining to patents and intellectual property, or if it was an intentional? If it was intentional, it really sticks out to me. Altering something, to me, means changing something integral to the function...does this mean the info on the actual patent itself was updated? Or maybe DG changed a prototype?... Either way, like you said, it was a failure and there was no fame or fortune to come out of it, so why would there be any bad blood?

Just a though, what if the business relationship and patent had nothing to do with the motive. What if the motive was revenge or to cause pain against his sister. Aside from what he took from JO, he took a lot from his sister. How tragic and morbid for PG that her own brother murders(supposedly) her in-laws and her sort of nephew by marriage! Think of what this will do to her psyche and her relationship with her husband.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how old PG and AL children are? I would think DG was not involved with PG's children at all based on Al Liknes' comment about not seeing DG since thabkgiving four years earlier

It's all too heartbreaking... It's sick :(.

I don't think we know whether the patent that Garland altered worked. Alvin Liknes had filed several patents, and one reportedly did not work.

I'm curious about what the remains of Helena Mihaljevic have in common with these three murder victims. I wonder if it's simply the location of the body, or the type of remains that were found. I wonder if any of the three victims were dismembered in the Parkhill house to make it easier to be removed from the scene.

I'm still curious about why Garland would make more than one trip to the house on the night of the murder. Did he forget something there? When you think about it, it's awfully stupid for someone to commit multiple murders and then return to the scene of the crime a couple of hours later. Was he returning something to the crime scene?

I wonder if police do not want the community searching for the victims because the victims may not be intact.

If Garland is responsible for the woman that went missing in 2006 and who was found a year later, then he most likely left these three victims in a similar location.

This is the location where the missing woman was found.

Attachments

• Airdrie2007Remains - Copy.jpg
    Airdrie2007Remains - Copy.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 150
I just googled this - liknes mihaljevic home flowers - The name sounded familiar. None of the links are directing to the placement but the name comes up over and over.

Here is what I have read... http://qmiphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/G00006lXvcfrdWPI/I00004O9GsKl0BNQ/94
Interesting coincidence for sure. I dug up the obituary for Helena and there was no mention of a 'Cindy' but that doesn't mean there is no connection.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/calg...jevic&pid=88695315&referrer=3121&preview=True

I'm curious about what the remains of Helena Mihaljevic have in common with these three murder victims. I wonder if it's simply the location of the body, or the type of remains that were found. I wonder if any of the three victims were dismembered in the Parkhill house to make it easier to be removed from the scene.

I'm still curious about why Garland would make more than one trip to the house on the night of the murder. Did he forget something there? When you think about it, it's awfully stupid for someone to commit multiple murders and then return to the scene of the crime a couple of hours later. Was he returning something to the crime scene?

I wonder if police do not want the community searching for the victims because the victims may not be intact.

If Garland is responsible for the woman that went missing in 2006 and who was found a year later, then he most likely left these three victims in a similar location.

That has always been my theory. It explains how DG could lift AL and it would be easier to disguise bodies being transported in an open truck bed - bags for example.

Here is one link for Helena...

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=991e3730-c59a-4bf0-9829-e5033683ac4a

Helena's remains were found at RR280 and Symons Valley Road, Airdrie.
(Found on another forum) the link to the Airdrie Echo is not working, will see if I can find it.

I read that same article earlier. I think the location stated in article is inaccurate as I Google Mapped it and there RR#280 never intersects nor is anywhere near Symons Valley Road, at least not that I could see.

This is complete, I mean complete speculation ... purely my rambling thoughts but maybe they found something at the G acreage to tie DG to to Helena.

That has always been my theory. It explains how DG could lift AL and it would be easier to disguise bodies being transported in an open truck bed - bags for example.

I think so too ... especially regarding removing Alvin from the home. I can't see Garland being able to do that on his own. If there was any dismemberment, I think that would lead police to believe that this was not his first murder.

I read that same article earlier. I think the location stated in article is inaccurate as I Google Mapped it and there RR#280 never intersects nor is anywhere near Symons Valley Road, at least not that I could see.

The two roads intersect NW of Airdrie

Attachments

• CalgaryThree_Maps - Copy.jpg
    CalgaryThree_Maps - Copy.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 130
I think so too ... especially regarding removing Alvin from the home. I can't see Garland being able to do that on his own. If there was any dismemberment, I think that would lead police to believe that this was not his first murder.
It also helps explain what they found at the scene in order to confirm death occurred. Dismemberments often take place in a bathtub - It is assumed that the evidence can be washed away, but lots is left behind in the plumbing.

I'm assuming the body was found near the intersection of Symon Valley Road and Township road 280 which is just NW of Airdrie directly east of a patch of land with many lakes.

This is complete, I mean complete speculation ... purely my rambling thoughts but maybe they found something at the G acreage to tie DG to to Helena.

It's possible that Garland has had contact with prostitutes. I wonder if Helena was a meth addict. If police are looking at prostitute murders, I wonder whether there are more. There was also the young mother that was staying at a hotel South of Edmonton, and she was going to visit friends in Edmonton. She was hitchhiking and in a truck when she made a call and the man could be heard in the background. I think her body has been found.

It's possible that Garland has had contact with prostitutes. I wonder if Helena was a meth addict. If police are looking at prostitute murders, I wonder whether there are more. There was also the young mother that was staying at a hotel South of Edmonton, and she was going to visit friends in Edmonton. She was hitchhiking and in a truck when she made a call and the man could be heard in the background. I think her body has been found.

There were 5 women (4 were prostitutes) that went missing and were later found murdered in a 19 month period from July 1991 to February 1993. The timeline with the last victim doesn't fit but you never know with the rest ....

That would certainly fit what we know of him. There has been no mention of previous long term relationships.

She was a crack addict but given addicts are generally multi-substance abusers, it wouldn't be a far stretch to meth.

I wish I could post a Facebook link to this because I think we could all use a little beauty in the world .... The neighbour of the O's who is doing the fundraising arranged something very, very cool for LO and the team mates of NO's hockey team. He arranged an afternoon for them all with the Calgary Flames. So heart warming to see LO with a lovely smile .... gave me goosebumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15