Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is strange that those who know/knew DG have not said a peep about him, but, I also find it strange that both nobody from the O&G industry in Alberta or friends have come forward with accolades for AL either.

I also speculate that the patent issue was not the sole reason for DG's rage; it always niggles me on how AL'n/PG met and/or how AL & DG met. There is one thing very clear about DG and his living arrangement with his parents,, it allowed him the privacy to be who he is/was. Realistically, his parents are aged and the likelihood that a time would have come where he and his sister would've discussed the property, how to divide it, who gets what or who gets to live there. Taking this and coupling it with the patent dispute, DG would have had AL/AL'n and other L's in his face probably a bit more than he would have liked. AL was a bug to DG that he just couldn't shake, and with AL somewhere in DG's future, I'm sure he felt deep down that his security of the acreage would become less than pleasant with AL in the mix.

I just googled this - liknes mihaljevic home flowers - The name sounded familiar. None of the links are directing to the placement but the name comes up over and over.

Here is what I have read... http://qmiphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/G00006lXvcfrdWPI/I00004O9GsKl0BNQ/94
Cindi's middle name is Helena, which spelled in her nationality is Jelena. Also it is common for Slavic/Balkan backgrounds to give a middle name of one child the first name of another child.

It is strange that those who know/knew DG have not said a peep about him, but, I also find it strange that both nobody from the O&G industry in Alberta or friends have come forward with accolades for AL either.

I also speculate that the patent issue was not the sole reason for DG's rage; it always niggles me on how AL'n/PG met and/or how AL & DG met. There is one thing very clear about DG and his living arrangement with his parents,, it allowed him the privacy to be who he is/was. Realistically, his parents are aged and the likelihood that a time would have come where he and his sister would've discussed the property, how to divide it, who gets what or who gets to live there. Taking this and coupling it with the patent dispute, DG would have had AL/AL'n and other L's in his face probably a bit more than he would have liked. AL was a bug to DG that he just couldn't shake, and with AL somewhere in DG's future, I'm sure he felt deep down that his security of the acreage would become less than with AL in the mix.

That's an interesting point. The Garland property is 40 acres. It costs about $100,000 to subdivide a property into four parcels. If the property is subdivided prior to being annexed by a city, the property taxes remain the same as when it is part of the District of Rockyview. If it is subdivided after it is annexed by a city, as soon as it is subdivided, it is automatically taxed according to city property tax values. That means, subdivision after annexation results in very high taxes. I think it was posted here at some point that the property was recently annexed by Airdrie. If subdivision was something that Douglas Garland wanted, and his sister objected, perhaps Douglas blamed her extended family.

I wondered earlier whether this had something to do with Douglas' sister because the victims were her in-laws and her nephew (unintended victim).

That has always been my theory. It explains how DG could lift AL and it would be easier to disguise bodies being transported in an open truck bed - bags for example.

But we don't know if he made more than one trip to the Parkhill residence! He may have been circling the block waiting for them to retire for the night. We have no proof that he made more than one trip over an extended period of time do we? I am concerned that we are mincing theories and suppositions into what has officially been shared publicly. Do we know for a fact that he actually returned?

That would certainly fit what we know of him. There has been no mention of previous long term relationships.

She was a crack addict but given addicts are generally multi-substance abusers, it wouldn't be a far stretch to meth.
How FTLOG does that fit with what we know of him? He seems to be completely Asexual. How do we make that leap? Please help me to understand.

But we don't know if he made more than one trip to the Parkhill residence! He may have been circling the block waiting for them to retire for the night. We have no proof that he made more than one trip over an extended period of time do we? I am concerned that we are mincing theories and suppositions into what has officially been shared publicly. Do we know for a fact that he actually returned?

I have only read that the vehicle was seen several times on the night that the three disappeared. The back of the truck is empty in the photo released by police, and truck shadows suggest that the photo was taken just before dawn. That suggests that the victims had already been removed from the crime scene when the photo was taken, which suggests that this was a second trip to the home. I suppose it's possible that the photo was taken at night in the light of street lights ... as there is a street light exactly where the photo was taken.

"July 4: Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus says a violent struggle occurred inside the Liknes' home before the three went missing. Police release images of a green Ford F150 made in the late 1980s or early 1990s that was seen driving around Parkhill several times during the night of the disappearance."

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/iphone/news/latest/story.html?id=10005882

"Police are now looking for the driver of a pickup truck — a green Ford F150 made in the late 1980s or early 1990s — that was seen driving around the Parkhill neighbourhood several times during the night the three disappeared."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...fore+family+disappearance/10001057/story.html

Catching up today ...

I think LE should be also taking a look at the case of Sharene Rae Oswald. She was a street worker in Calgary who disappeared in September 2004 and was found February 2005 southeast of Airdrie in a wooded area 2 km south of Yankee Valley Rd near Range Rd 290.

That has always been my theory. It explains how DG could lift AL and it would be easier to disguise bodies being transported in an open truck bed - bags for example.

driving on a holiday weekend with random bags would be a bit of a heat score in the wee hours. many break ins happen on long weekends. however, the fore-crime is very, very sloppy and haphazard where as the aft-crime is painstakingly tidy and meticulous. who knows?

It's possible that Garland has had contact with prostitutes. I wonder if Helena was a meth addict. If police are looking at prostitute murders, I wonder whether there are more. There was also the young mother that was staying at a hotel South of Edmonton, and she was going to visit friends in Edmonton. She was hitchhiking and in a truck when she made a call and the man could be heard in the background. I think her body has been found.

The case your referring to is the disappearance, and subsequent murder, of Amber Tuccaro. Project Kare posted an audio recording last year of Amber and her murderer... It is enough to send chills down your spine.

Here is the link to the audio from the project Kare website... She seems to have made a clandestine call to a friend because she was getting scared that the driver she was hitchiking with was not taking her to her destination.

http://www.kare.ca

IMHO If DG was regularly associating with prostitutes then he could absolutely be involved in the cases of all the missing women of Edmonton...

I have only read that the vehicle was seen several times on the night that the three disappeared. The back of the truck is empty in the photo released by police, and truck shadows suggest that the photo was taken just before dawn. That suggests that the victims had already been removed from the crime scene when the photo was taken, which suggests that this was a second trip to the home. I suppose it's possible that the photo was taken at night in the light of street lights ... as there is a street light exactly where the photo was taken.

"July 4: Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus says a violent struggle occurred inside the Liknes' home before the three went missing. Police release images of a green Ford F150 made in the late 1980s or early 1990s that was seen driving around Parkhill several times during the night of the disappearance."

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/iphone/news/latest/story.html?id=10005882

"Police are now looking for the driver of a pickup truck — a green Ford F150 made in the late 1980s or early 1990s — that was seen driving around the Parkhill neighbourhood several times during the night the three disappeared."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...fore+family+disappearance/10001057/story.html

I just HAVE to reiterate Andrus NEVER used the word struggle. I provided the live feed last night. He said a violent incident and there is such a huge difference. So we do not know what time of night or early morn DG entered the residence. We do not know the intervals between CCTV footage uptakes. The duration of his time in the area could be an hour or several hours. We just don't know.

Catching up today ...

I think LE should be also taking a look at the case of Sharlene Rae Oswald. She was a street worker in Calgary who disappeared in September 2004 and was found February 2005 southeast of Airdrie in a wooded area 2 km south of Yankee Valley Rd near Range Rd 290.

I'm wondering if that should be Yankee Valley Blvd, as that would place the body directly South of the Garland property, a distance of 5 kilometres.

Garland property in relation to two unsolved murders

Attachments

• CalgaryThreeMapsProstitutes - Copy.jpg
    CalgaryThreeMapsProstitutes - Copy.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 148
The case your referring to is the disappearance, and subsequent murder, of Amber Tuccaro. Project Kare posted an audio recording last year of Amber and her murderer... It is enough to send chills down your spine.

Here is the link to the audio from the project Kare website... She seems to have made a clandestine call to a friend because she was getting scared that the driver she was hitchiking with was not taking her to her destination.

IMHO If DG was regularly associating with prostitutes then he could absolutely be involved in the cases of all the missing women of Edmonton...
Oh god. I listened to that audio a few years back and I.. ugh. no. Nope. Cant do that again!

Interesting that the conversation has turned this way. I mentioned to a friend on FB right after DG's arrest that the Edmonton prostitute murders would be interesting to look at. I'm sorry but it takes an insane amount of determination to kill someone. Even more determination to kill 2. To kill a 3rd, a child.. well, lets just say that takes something terrible. I have a very tough time believing that a first time "violent offender" could do this.
Also, given DG's age, it leads me to believe that this is actually repeat behavior.

Interesting that the conversation has turned this way. I mentioned to a friend on FB right after DG's arrest that the Edmonton prostitute murders would be interesting to look at. I'm sorry but it takes an insane amount of determination to kill someone. Even more determination to kill 2. To kill a 3rd, a child.. well, lets just say that takes something terrible. I have a very tough time believing that a first time "violent offender" could do this.
Also, given DG's age, it leads me to believe that this is actually repeat behavior.

Gah. My computer crapped itself. Sorry for the duplicates!!!

In our situation immediate family was brought to the scene...it was our responsibility to clean it up but police also wanted insight on where stuff may be hidden and it also provided us closure. There was brain matter and lots of blood and well it was not something we wanted to necessarily see...it stopped us from wondering. We had to clean the investigation up as well...finger printing powder ect. It was awful but at the same time it allowed us to grieve the facts as opposed to trying to come to terms with things and allowing our minds to run wild. It also put us on the same page as LE so that we understood the direction the investigation was going, and why. I am not sure that it is "standard" per say....I can only add based on experience.
I remember leaving the scene and not crying...I was numb...dumb founded by what I had seen and totally traumatized. I believe in my heart that JO was brough there yes to explain what may be missing but also so that she understood how and why they suspect murder. As a mother I would need to see it. I would need to know...as a daughter I would need to see it and need to know so that I could grieve. Well the information was not released to public at that point that it was a murder scene...I truly belive that the family knew this early on. And JO remaining composed was because of shock, trauma and numbness. After we left the scene of the tragedy we experienced it took me getting home, walking through my door and seeing my own clean house and how totally out of sorts the scene had been...then I vomited profusely for two hours and shock turned to greif and trauma and total pain. Everytime I looked at a white wall I seen blood and brain matter and finger print dust. however leading up to seeing the scene. ..all we could do was imagine the horror. And well what we seen was awful, scaring and horrific it was not nearly as bad as our minds had envisioned. It still haunts me though. I want to hug JO...my loss was not nearly the same magnitude with what she is experiencing and it nearly wrecked me. I cannot fathom her state right now.

Yes, you are very brave for sharing and thank you for that. I'm so sorry you had to experience such trauma and devastation, I wish there wasn't a darkness in the world, I sure wish it was only good people out there.

We hear so often about missing/murdered Metis and aboriginal women. After reading some of the links about missing/murdered women, I think the concern should be for missing/murdered women in high risk lifestyles, not just Metis/Aboriginal women.

How FTLOG does that fit with what we know of him? He seems to be completely Asexual. How do we make that leap? Please help me to understand.

If DG fits the criteria for narcissistic personality disorder, then it stands to reason that he would likely have the sexual problems and traits associated with NPD. Of course we only have what has been reported about him to go on, but IMHO, it's not a stretch to see him in this regard:

http://1solutionfocusedcoaching.com/2013/03/25/the-pyrotechnic-sexuality-of-the-narcissist/

In the recording, the man mentions that they are near Beaumont, and her remains were found NE of Leduc, near Beaumont.

Catching up today ...

I think LE should be also taking a look at the case of Sharlene Rae Oswald. She was a street worker in Calgary who disappeared in September 2004 and was found February 2005 southeast of Airdrie in a wooded area 2 km south of Yankee Valley Rd near Range Rd 290.

Sharene Rae Oswald, 42

Sept. 2004 A positive identification has been made on the human remains discovered last month by local youths southeast of Airdrie. The skeletal remains of Sharene Rae Oswald, 42, - a Calgary resident originally from Ontario, who also went by the last names of Williamson, Elliott and Pearson – were discovered Feb. 27 in a wooded area two kilometres south of Yankee Valley Road near Range Road 290. RCMP identify human remains

Read the info on these cases... Especially about the truck:

"The police said they believe:

the suspect drives a truck, van, or a sport utility vehicle, and is comfortable driving in rural areas. The vehicle will be suitably maintained and likely has a significant amount of mileage. The vehicle may be used for work and outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, or farming.
the suspect may participate in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
the suspect may have periodically cleaned the interior and exterior of his vehicle, perhaps at times that are unusual for this particular individual. "

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/alberta-f31/edmonton-mass-murderer-t6505.html

If DG fits the criteria for narcissistic personality disorder, then it stands to reason that he would likely have the sexual problems and traits associated with NPD. Of course we only have what has been repoported about him to go on, but IMHO, it's not a stretch to see him in this regard:

http://1solutionfocusedcoaching.com/2013/03/25/the-pyrotechnic-sexuality-of-the-narcissist/

We don't know that he is a narcissist. We don't know much about him or his behaviours at all. We know he is ADD. We know about his past crimes. We know he is a loner who still lives with his parents. We know he had a grudge against AL. Beyond that we know nothing. I would be very surprised to learn that he frequented prostitutes. I would be even more surprised to learn that he has killed before. Awful that we will all have to wait a couple of years to find out just what this fella has been up to over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member