Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is strange that those who know/knew DG have not said a peep about him, but, I also find it strange that both nobody from the O&G industry in Alberta or friends have come forward with accolades for AL either.

I also speculate that the patent issue was not the sole reason for DG's rage; it always niggles me on how AL'n/PG met and/or how AL & DG met. There is one thing very clear about DG and his living arrangement with his parents,, it allowed him the privacy to be who he is/was. Realistically, his parents are aged and the likelihood that a time would have come where he and his sister would've discussed the property, how to divide it, who gets what or who gets to live there. Taking this and coupling it with the patent dispute, DG would have had AL/AL'n and other L's in his face probably a bit more than he would have liked. AL was a bug to DG that he just couldn't shake, and with AL somewhere in DG's future, I'm sure he felt deep down that his security of the acreage would become less than pleasant with AL in the mix.

I wonder if anyone LE have questioned who may have known DG has been asked to avoid speaking about him to the press?

As for AL, unless a reporter goes around asking people in o & g about him for an article, why would they say anything?

(snip) If subdivision was something that Douglas Garland wanted, and his sister objected, perhaps Douglas blamed her extended family.

I wondered earlier whether this had something to do with Douglas' sister because the victims were her in-laws and her nephew (unintended victim).

(BBM)

Or vice versa.

Maybe the privacy he has on the farm to do whatever it is he does is more important than money.

How FTLOG does that fit with what we know of him? He seems to be completely Asexual. How do we make that leap? Please help me to understand.

We can't actually say he's asexual either at this point. Not from what we know.

We hear so often about missing/murdered Metis and aboriginal women. After reading some of the links about missing/murdered women, I think the concern should be for missing/murdered women in high risk lifestyles, not just Metis/Aboriginal women.

The truth is most of the women who are dying are aboriginals. My cousin works as a social worker for those living a high risk lifestyle... She works with youth mostly, because sadly, a large majority of Edmonton prostitutes are under the age of 16 :( :(...

I have been told the reason they are focusing mostly on aboriginal women, is that some 80% of the missing/murdered women are indigenous. Apparently a large majority of the prostitutes in Edmonton are indigenous women but there is substantial evidence that the aboriginal women are being specifically targeted by a serial killer.

It's not just in Edmonton either... Many of the women missing/dead from the "highway of tears" are aboriginal as well.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-obrien-amber-alert-and-missing-grandparents/
Police have said the home bore signs of a violent struggle and at least one person would have been in “medical distress” and taken forcibly from the house.

IMO signs of a violent struggle is stuff knocked about in the home, chairs and tables turned over, lamps on the ground, etc.

IMO the taken forcibly and medical distress is the drag marks in the driveway.

IMO visiting prostitutes would tie in well with my assumptions regarding DG's character and lifestyle choices. Impulsive sexual behavior and drug use and violence seem to often go hand in hand. I don't think he was asexual, just a weirdo who never had luck with women. There are tons of guys like that.

I am going to assume DG had a computer and it was taken and forensically analyzed, which takes time. There could have been photos which would have confirmed death. :(

When LE says they want to investigate him for other violent crimes it makes me think he had a bunch of creepy stuff in his room at home and on his computer like newspaper clippings and books and pictures.

DG was seen by PG and AL(jr) last Thanksgiving. I wonder if this was at DG's parent's home. If it was he would not have to be invited because he lived there. If it was not DG's parents home then it was somewhere where someone would have to invite him over. So that would make me think he was at least respected and considered part of the family rather than being shunned. I get the feeling DG was just extremely shy and timid and awkward but not threatening.

It seems to me that using meth or other drugs could be his escape, it would loosen him up and give him the confidence to approach people in a somewhat normal manner. I think IF he met prostitutes that he would have done so under the influence....

Everything here is JMO!

We don't know that he is a narcissist. We don't know much about him or his behaviours at all. We know he is ADD. We know about his past crimes. We know he is a loner who still lives with his parents. We know he had a grudge against AL. Beyond that we know nothing. I would be very surprised to learn that he frequented prostitutes. I would be even more surprised to learn that he has killed before. Awful that we will all have to wait a couple of years to find out just what this fella has been up to over the years.

I agree that we have no information on DG's psychological profile other than the mention of ADD from previous court documents. I personally have a hard time believing DG was asexual... I know it's not in this post but you mentioned it before :).

He was a loner yes, but that doesn't mean he has rejected sex all together... I don't think it's a far stretch to think DG could have used the services of prostitutes on a regular basis. Many psychopaths/sociopaths and narcissists are very sexually charged... However, their sexuality tends to be deviant and inpersonal.... They experience sex with another person as masterbation with a human sex toy (sorry for that). Again, as Cherchri said, we don't know if he has any of the above mentioned personality disorders, but if he killed two adults and a child he is disordered no matter how you spin it.

IMHO prostitute use would actually make quite a bit of sense for DG, as he had very limited contact with other people in his day to day life... He could pick up a prostitute and dehumanized her without repercussion, whereas a legitimate female companion would not put up with that type of treatment.

Something many people don't understand is that many "Johns" do not use the services of a prostitute for sex, but rather to kick, punch and put cigaretts out on or violently rape...Also, DG may have continued to produce small amounts of methamphetamine which he could have used to pay for prostetution services or to create "friendships" with high risk females.

Just my thoughts Cherchri but I could be totally off base :).

I just HAVE to reiterate Andrus NEVER used the word struggle. I provided the live feed last night. He said a violent incident and there is such a huge difference. So we do not know what time of night or early morn DG entered the residence. We do not know the intervals between CCTV footage uptakes. The duration of his time in the area could be an hour or several hours. We just don't know.

I think the word struggle came from when the cops were saying that the three did not leave on their own will. One time i think they said they did not leave without a struggle, not meaning there was a struggle meaning they did not leave willingly. IMO

bbm

Unsolved cases in B.C. as well. Considering the magnitude of this crime, I'm not sure the focus should just be on women.

I would like to know if there were any murders in B.C. those seven years DG lived there under the false identity.

Sharene Rae Oswald, 42

Sept. 2004 A positive identification has been made on the human remains discovered last month by local youths southeast of Airdrie. The skeletal remains of Sharene Rae Oswald, 42, - a Calgary resident originally from Ontario, who also went by the last names of Williamson, Elliott and Pearson – were discovered Feb. 27 in a wooded area two kilometres south of Yankee Valley Road near Range Road 290. RCMP identify human remains

Read the info on these cases... Especially about the truck:

"The police said they believe:

the suspect drives a truck, van, or a sport utility vehicle, and is comfortable driving in rural areas. The vehicle will be suitably maintained and likely has a significant amount of mileage. The vehicle may be used for work and outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, or farming.
the suspect may participate in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
the suspect may have periodically cleaned the interior and exterior of his vehicle, perhaps at times that are unusual for this particular individual. "

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/alberta-f31/edmonton-mass-murderer-t6505.html

Thank you for this post/link... I vaguely remember that another poster in one of the earlier threads (pre arrest/murder charges)had posted a link from project Kare with a description of the Edmonton serial killer. I can't help but notice it was the exact same description!

Would anyone with greater WS experience be able to retrieve that link?

I find it interesting that Calgary police would have linked Sharene to the Edmonton serial killer (by posting the project Kare description of the vehicle), but not inform the citizens of Calgary that project Kare was involved. Looks like LE has known a lot more than they let on to, in terms of the "prostitute/aboriginal murders" or possible serial killer.

IMO alot of these women that have gone missing/murdered the vehicle they were looking for is a truck, van or suv. I cannot help but think about that SUV found in the swamp. We have not heard anything about it, perhaps that is what has LE looking into other cases on DG.

Thank you for this post/link... I vaguely remember that another poster in one of the earlier threads (pre arrest/murder charges)had posted a link from project Kare with a description of the Edmonton serial killer. I can't help but notice it was the exact same description!

I find it interesting that Calgary police would have linked Sharene to the Edmonton serial killer (by posting the project Kare description of the vehicle), but not inform the citizens of Calgary that project Kare was involved. Looks like LE has known a lot more than they let on to, in terms of the "prostitute/aboriginal murders" or possible serial killer.

In one of the earlier threads this link was mentioned http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?24973-EDMONTON-Canada-Serial-Killer

It certainly seems to fit the bill.

In one of the earlier threads this link was mentioned http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?24973-EDMONTON-Canada-Serial-Killer

It certainly seems to fit the bill.

IMHO If DG was regularly associating with prostitutes then he could absolutely be involved in the cases of all the missing women of Edmonton...

I missed a few threads so I may have missed this...but what's DG's connection to Edmonton? It's another major city several hours away from here, did he have a connection there (a business, or reasons to be there?)

I missed a few threads so I may have missed this...but what's DG's connection to Edmonton? It's another major city several hours away from here, did he have a connection there (a business, or reasons to be there?)
I believe he attended U of A

I was the person who posted that profile from project KARE. I wonder if LE has done a voice analysis between DG and that recording they have of a POI?

Also, please correct me if in wrong, but don't Allan Liknes and DG's sister PG live in Edmonton?!? And also Edmonton just happens to be AL and KL's intended new city of residence...

Maybe KL was the main victim and not AL like someone mentioned earlier on here. Maybe he was obsessed with her and not willing to let her move away? Just me brainstorming

Very interesting Gold, LE has been quite "hush hush" about the motive from the beginning....

I was the person who posted that profile from project KARE. I wonder if LE has done a voice analysis between DG and that recording they have of a POI?

I wonder too. I listened to that audio very carefully 2years ago because the "accent" stuck out to me. The guy said "absolutely" with his own particular vernacular and he said it a couple of times, as though it were a word he used often ...to me the voice didn't sound familiar in the slightest, but the way the man said "absolutely" sounded very "rural central Alberta"... It had a twang in it I have heard often from around Calgary, Red Deer, Panoka
ect...

He also seems to have an extremely creepy, Freudian slip when he said they are going "South" of Beaumont and then immediately changed it to "North" of Beaumont.

Here's the link again so people don't have to go back in time:

http://www.kare.ca

It would be very weird if someone recognized it as DG... No one in the public has really heard him speak, but for a few words to reporters here and there...

I listened to the audio enough times that I believe if I ever heard someone say "absolutely", just the right way, I would recognize the voice from the tape...because it sounds Albertan IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod