Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4g3rlvtTBo
And although my notes say that he said they would have to determine how many people's blood, I definitely did NOT hear him say that or refer to blood when I listened this time. Reporters said blood but Andrus referred to it as evidence. Guess I was really tired last night (or was it the night before?) when I listened. He does begin by saying a "violent crime" and then at 6:10 he says "violent incident". Thank you for your attention to detail because I think it is really important too. So easy to infer things...
I can almost hear Cherchri screaming, "INCIDENT!!!" [emoji31]

Ha ha ha NewsTalk I know you can. I should have been an editor rather than a reporter. Such a stickler.

Now if we can just figure out whose id he had and whether there ever was a stolen credit card and if so, then whose.

Ha ha ha NewsTalk I know you can. I should have been an editor rather than a reporter. Such a stickler.
Sadly, it was a reporter that started the whole "struggle" debacle.

I was covering the pro-Israel rally today and was shocked by the amount of kiddy reporters there... Listening to them butcher facts because they had no foundation for the story, was simply - painful.

Now if we can just figure out whose id he had and whether there ever was a stolen credit card and if so, then whose.
Its was a bank card in MH's name and the identity theft was reported as "unrelated" to this investigation:

Garland was charged with identity theft and possessing a bank card obtained by crime after police released him without charges following his interview in the missing-persons case.

The identity he allegedly was using was in the name of an Alberta teen who died in a 1980 crash, the same name he assumed in the 1990s while on the lam on drug charges.

http://m.torontosun.com/2014/07/11/...-disappearance-of-calgary-family-granted-bail

That doesn't mean police didn't find other I'd's or cards... just no charges yet if they did.

Some garbage cans have wheels. Wonder if DG put his victims in garbage cans and then transported them to the dump. LE were searching the dump so they may have suspected or knew garbage cans were used. Garbage cans may have been missing from the Liknes home and could have been another reason LE were asking people who attended the sale and made purchases to show up at the community centre. To find out if someone may have purchase garbage cans from the victims. MOO.

Well it's been reported that the ID he was found to have been in possession of a few weeks ago was again, that of Matthew Kemper Hartley...the deceased 14 yr old boy's ID he'd used (and been charged for) years ago. Not sure about whose CC it was although it couldn't have been AL or KL's as LE were quick to state to the media that the ID and bank card he was found to have were not related to the missing person's case so to me that means it wasn't either of the L's cards, IMO

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/1...-disappearance-of-calgary-family-granted-bail

Some garbage cans have wheels. Wonder if DG put his victims in garbage cans and then transported them to the dump. LE were searching the dump so they may have suspected or knew garbage cans were used. Garbage cans may have been missing from the Liknes home and could have been another reason LE were asking people who attended the sale and made purchases to show up at the community centre. To find out if someone may have purchase garbage cans from the victims. MOO.

We saw pics in the past of the alley behind the L's home, which had peoples' recycling bins (blue and black).....those have wheels, too.

Its was a bank card in MH's name and the identity theft was reported as "unrelated" to this investigation:
<rsbm>

The article you linked to says the identity was in MH's name, not the bank card.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/dougl...nal-ties-to-nathan-o-brien-s-family-1.2707408

Garland also faces a charge of identity theft not related to the missing family investigation, and a charge of unlawfully possessing a bank card.

When you combine the Toronto Sun article and the CBC article, it seems:

- the identity theft was in MH's name and is unrelated to the missing family investigation

- the unlawful possession of a bank card, no name given, and no indication whether it did or did not relate to the missing family investigation

IMO, the bank card could still relate to the murders.

The article you linked to says the identity was in MH's name, not the bank card.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/dougl...nal-ties-to-nathan-o-brien-s-family-1.2707408

When you combine the Toronto Sun article and the CBC article, it seems:

- the identity theft was in MH's name and is unrelated to the missing family investigation

- the unlawful possession of a bank card, no name given, and no indication whether it did or did not relate to the missing family investigation

IMO, the bank card could still relate to the murders.
It's funny how that is worded... They say he was charged with identity theft using MH's name and possessing a bank card *obtained* from crime, but it states that those charges are "unrelated" to this investigation.

Its certainly not clear whether the bank card was also in MH's name, but that's how it reads, IMO. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

ETA - DG is back in court next Wednesday (6th) on these charges only.

Was wondering if anyone has seen this photo yet of LE at the farm? I had not previously. I see another vehicle that was searched.

View attachment 56054
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2682911/Relative-missing-five-year-old-Canadian-boy-grandparents-taken-questioning-disappearance.html
right of the cylinder tank in photo there is what appears to be a plastic sheet on the ground with items on it similar to what LE did at the house on the farm. A method of collecting evidence and/or items of interest on a plastic sheet.

OMG and I see two 55 gallon blue plastic drums behind the greenhouse. That is what would be needed for using an acid or lye. Oh my....and the neighbor said the lights were left on in the greenhouse which was very unusual. I bet there is a floor drain in there.

Not sure if this particular image has been posted. I have seen similar but this one has a distinct pattern that I had not seen before. Sorry if already posted.
View attachment 56057
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000Ji_oQh8gTgY/s/600/480/QMI-CS2014701DM040-original.jpg

It kind of looks like a mark from a trash bag that was dripping goo from a hole. I've had that unfortunate experience before. And the final mark in the driveway could explain someone placing the bag down for a moment so it would form a puddle. JMO.

Could it be upstairs, directly above the garage, behind the double door and balcony on the front of the house?

I think this is it because the windows look like they go down to the floor. Plus when I think of people adding a room above a garage I automatically think office.

It's funny how that is worded... They say he was charged with identity theft using MH's name and possessing a bank card *obtained* from crime, but it states that those charges are "unrelated" to this investigation.

Its certainly not clear whether the bank card was also in MH's name, but that's how it reads, IMO. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

ETA - DG is back in court next Wednesday (6th) on these charges only.

My guess is that they meant it wasn't simply a bank card that he found on the side of the road somewhere. It was obtained on purpose, by DG committing fraud.

I can't recreate it right now, but perhaps someone can fill a bag with water with a few small holes and see what type of patterns dragging and carrying will make.

It certainly supports my gruesome theory that the bodies were removed in parts and bagged.

This actually just happened to me last night. I was carrying a garbage bag to the truck to bring to the dump and it ripped. There was a very similar almost exact trail of liquid on my driveway all the way to the truck.

regarding the pictures on kijiji. I saved them all to my computer. Even the ones that were in separate ads. The pictures of the leather couch and chair where you can see the messy office in the background, look to me like they may have been in AL's work office, as in the office that closed days before the estate sale. Something about those green blinds just screams out of home office to me. I wondered if they furnished his work office while the lighter couches were the ones in the home. The office is very messy in the background and I can't imagine someone keeping their home office in that state. Maybe I am just a neat freak. :) Also something about that green carpet. It looks bunchy and not like a carpet in a home would be.
estate 9.JPG
I think these couches are in the home upstairs :
estate 12.JPG
while this one (with the pull out bed) is in the basement:
estate 4.JPG

I could be wrong this is only my opinion.

regarding the pictures on kijiji. I saved them all to my computer. Even the ones that were in separate ads. The pictures of the leather couch and chair where you can see the messy office in the background, look to me like they may have been in AL's work office, as in the office that closed days before the estate sale. Something about those green blinds just screams out of home office to me. I wondered if they furnished his work office while the lighter couches were the ones in the home. The office is very messy in the background and I can't imagine someone keeping their home office in that state. Maybe I am just a neat freak. :) Also something about that green carpet. It looks bunchy and not like a carpet in a home would be.
View attachment 56078
I think these couches are in the home upstairs :
View attachment 56079
while this one (with the pull out bed) is in the basement:
View attachment 56080

I could be wrong this is only my opinion.

The bottom pic with the bed you can see in the top left corner a staircase going down so it must be upstairs.

The bottom pic with the bed you can see in the top left corner a staircase going down so it must be upstairs.

That is actually the bottom of the staircase going up. This picture shows it more clearly.
estate 14.JPG

Could it be upstairs, directly above the garage, behind the double door and balcony on the front of the house?
Originally otto before seeing the photo I posted last night, I thought so but ruled it out mainly because the window configurations in the kijiji ad with the leather couch and two desks back to back don't fit the schematics. However, with the overview of the home from the air I can see the windows would fit the kijiji photo. So I surmise there was a family/office in that location of the house. I think above the garage is a bedroom and as you mentioned in the back of the house there must be another. Not sure of what those horizontal windows close to the eaves drought roof line are at the back of the house, perhaps a bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper