Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have is that LE said there is enough evidence to indicate death-murder. Can someone explain how there could be a possibility of them being in Mexico? I sincerely don't know what to believe now. And why would DG be on suicide watch if he did not commit the crimes?

I tried to post this earlier but my phone messed up. Is it possible that the AL and KL had a vehicle LE and the family didn't know about? LE said all their vehicles were accounted for.

Anyway, I have had these images of NO running into his mothers arms since I heard about him missing. Wouldn't that be awesome!
Also, something about how JO at the vigil was so sure they were out there somewhere.

I know this is totally out there..........but is it even remotely possible that AL and KL got DG to help them obtain fake ID to flee to Mexico? Maybe they paid him a good chunk of change to do so. Maybe the signs of violence in the home were totally staged (wouldn't take much to intentionally cut your hand/finger/etc and intentionally leave blood all over) to give the appearance of harm to the L's? Of course not sure how to explain how little NO would have fake ID for him, given that his staying with the L's that night wasn't planned at all. But if the L's needed to flee for some reason and give the appearance of being gone/dead, obviously they'd have to take little NO with them? Maybe DG was recently caught using the fake ID himself because he was doing things (for the L's) and didn't want his real ID to be used? (though it would be a huge red flag when it was determined he was back using MKH's ID. I really never got the impression that the L's owned a property in Mexico...only that AL's brother did.

Highly, highly unlikely. When NO wanted to stay overnight, they would've made up an excuse for him not to, like too tired from the sale, or they would've postponed their "escape" for another night. It would make no sense to include the child at all.

The problem I have is that LE said there is enough evidence to indicate death-murder. Can someone explain how there could be a possibility of them being in Mexico? I sincerely don't know what to believe now. And why would DG be on suicide watch if he did not commit the crimes?

DG could simply be an accessory and they are ensuring he stays alive while they investigate. I remember clearly that the officer stated in the press conference that they can declare someone dead if they are reported missing and have not accessed bank accounts in a certain period of time. I have never found that full version on line but it was on the television version which I believe was CTV. I have always felt that that was the evidence they used to declare them dead. As for laying charges, I believe they were able to connect the dots to DG as being connected to them during the timeline of them missing. They could have left blood behind as part of the plan. IMO, IMO.

From the beginning, I have always wondered if NO (only) could be alive and in Mexico. Just imo.

Who said they were looking for the victims in Mexico?

Chances are LE wants to look through any files, electronics etc. left at the residence for any bank records, company files and registrations, communications etc. It seems that there is possibly more to the company/money angle to this as many have suspected.

If there were bank accounts, other properties, other companies etc. in existence there as well, then it's only prudent LE go there and speak to persons involved, and collect any records and documents available.

Perhaps there is even nothing there for them to find and it's just a due diligence thing.

wowzers eh?

way out on a limb here,, where between their home in Parkhill and their pad in Mexico would they be?

just dotting some eye's and crossing some tea's

I might be missing something from a previous post, but doesn't this article mean that only the convictions were non-violent, while the charges (that were dropped) included "violent" type offences such as assault?

Yes. It was the pairing of nonviolent with assault that I wanted to explore, especially since the National Parole Board granted his parole because he had no history of Sorry about any confusion.

It is human nature to let your mind go to a scenario better then the one we currently have. If we are doing this on WS can you imagine what the family is thinking? Heartbreaking torture for them.
I think it is LE following financial and motive leads but sadly I don't believe the victims are alive. I could never rationalize a parent KL and AL putting their child through this pain as JO is going through let alone the extended family. Just doesn't seem possible.

Who said they were looking for the victims in Mexico?

Chances are LE wants to look through any files, electronics etc. left at the residence for any bank records, company files and registrations, communications etc. It seems that there is possibly more to the company/money angle to this as many have suspected.

If there were bank accounts, other properties, other companies etc. in existence there as well, then it's only prudent LE go there and speak to persons involved, and collect any records and documents available.

Perhaps there is even nothing there for them to find and it's just a due diligence thing.

Some were hypothesizing that the missing may be in Mexico.

Clearly this needs to be repeated... Again -

The preponderance of evidence to charge someone with HOMICIDE, in this case, three homicides, is exponentially higher when there are no bodies. The ME, Crown Prosecutor and CPS Major Crimes Unit are not complete morons and did not get fooled by the likes of two Grandparents and DG. The victims are DEAD. They are not hiding in Mexico while their family and young grandchildren are grieving in terrible pain.

The trip to Mexico is a normal part of ongoing evidence discovery and nothing more.

In my most humble opinion of course.

The preponderance of evidence to charge someone with HOMICIDE, in this case, three homicides, is exponentially higher when there are no bodies. The ME, Crown Prosecutor and CPS Major Crimes Unit are not complete morons and did not get fooled by the likes of two Grandparents and DG. The victims are DEAD. They are not hiding in Mexico while their family and young grandchildren are grieving in terrible pain.

The trip to Mexico is a normal part of ongoing evidence discovery and nothing more.

Wise words.

I have a family member who has been in jail for drugs and he would often fake to be on suicide watch so he can be alone and not with other inmates. Kind of as a protection thing than for actually wanting to harm himself. DG also likes to be alone to begin with. Maybe only one of the three was murdered and the other two fled. Or maybe it was staged. I have no idea but i have always and will always believe that kid is alive. It is the strangest feeling and i will not believe he is deceased until i see a body. JMO

Sorry reply to idbd #201

I think the announcement of the investigation into Mexico is completely unproffesional to be leaked by police in the way that has been presented today. Did they honestly think the public would not theorize the possibility that these people could still be alive? It needs to be addressed and we can continue to brainstorm. The families of the victims have also said at various times that they will not believe it until they have bodies.

How would LE know all three are dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members