Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this was posted, since there has been so many posts . Is it possible that DG hired some thugs to do his dirty deeds? Maybe the police are just finishing some loose ends in Mexico, wrapping every thing up.. so to speak..

Aside from blood loss compatible with loss of life, other human tissue or matter.

Do not forget that initially they thought NO could of ran and hid which leaves me to believe they had no evidence in the house of NO being harmed. Plus only 2 homicides marked on the crime map for that residence. NO could very well be in Mexico. JMO

I think the announcement of the investigation into Mexico is completely unproffesional to be leaked by police in the way that has been presented today. Did they honestly think the public would not theorize the possibility that these people could still be alive? It needs to be addressed and we can continue to brainstorm. The families of the victims have also said at various times that they will not believe it until they have bodies.

How do we know it was leaked by police and not uncovered by MSM or other?

Do not forget that initially they thought NO could of ran and hid which leaves me to believe they had no evidence in the house of NO being harmed. Plus only 2 homicides marked on the crime map for that residence. NO could very well be in Mexico. JMO
No. They had none the would release. There are many reasons LE deceive the public early in investigations, mainly due to the simple fact they are trying to deceive and catch a suspect.

They did not have conclusive evidence back from forensics and their protocol is to proceed as if the victim(s) are alive.

ETA: The crime map cannot be held as proof of anything due to the fact that LE may reserve the right to not publish information if it is an ongoing investigation or before the courts.

When you travel with a child without BOTH parents you need notarized permission to travel. That would make smuggling a child difficult don't you think?

My parents take our kids across the border without us all the time. All they need is their birth certificates and a note saying they are able to take them across the border signed by me or my husband. Which sometimes we had forgot to leave the note, therefore, they had to write it themselves and they still got across no problem.

I think the announcement of the investigation into Mexico is completely unproffesional to be leaked by police in the way that has been presented today. Did they honestly think the public would not theorize the possibility that these people could still be alive? It needs to be addressed and we can continue to brainstorm. The families of the victims have also said at various times that they will not believe it until they have bodies.

Chances are a journalist got wind of it, and started asking questions, so they were forced to confirm something.

As well, if there is some sort of organized crime tangent to this, then a release of this sort can create chatter amongst those involved, which is a positive thing if you have phone taps and access to electronic communications.

Given that LE were very specific about the victims no longer being alive, and 3 murder charges before the courts, I don't thing LE would, or should be concerned about a few people theorizing that they are still alive. I see nothing unprofessional about the release... In fact, I see the opposite.

If that were true then I don't think LE would give a heads up to anyone in Mexico they are looking for. As well, from msm reports LE is already in Mexico and would assume an announcement would have been made by now if anything or anyone was found alive.

How do we know it was leaked by police and not uncovered by MSM or other?

The police representative has issued responses that are quoted in various articles. They could have responded in a more unalarming, official manner.

My parents take our kids across the border without us all the time. All they need is their birth certificates and a note saying they are able to take them across the border signed by me or my husband. Which sometimes we had forgot to leave the note, therefore, they had to write it themselves and they still got across no problem.
Depends on the crossing ... I went to Mexico with my kids at Christmas ... I had to produce my husband's death certificate and we were still questioned. I'm not sure where you're crossing but all air crossings require a passport as well.

Theory Only:

Someone associated with DG.

IMO

Last week there was a lot of "crazy talk," in my opinion, about DG being tied to drug gangs and what not. El Chapo Guzman was captured in Mazatlan. Maybe DG was associated with El Chapo's boys and AL or KL somehow did them wrong. El Chapo got DG to kill them and the gang has NO in Mazatlan now.

IMO the investigators are following up on leads and they are being open-minded to other possibilities.

Depends on the crossing ... I went to Mexico with my kids at Christmas ... I had to produce my husband's death certificate and we were still questioned. I'm not sure where you're crossing but all air crossings require a passport as well.
They drive across to the States.

LE may have, and probably have, found evidence in the truck, or the acreage, or somewhere else they searched, that NO is deceased.

In the absence of otherwise, LE has to operate as though the victims are missing... Thus the speculation that NO may have been spared or hidden... until testing on the evidence came back... and thus the murder charges.

It makes for great TV for LE to fake charges to trick perps, but it doesn't fly in real life. LE in Canada now have to worry about "Mr. Big" stings coming back on them in court, let alone fake charges.

LE may have, and probably have, found evidence in the truck, or the acreage, or somewhere else they searched, that NO is deceased.

In the absence of otherwise, LE has to operate as though the victims are missing... Thus the speculation that NO may have been spared or hidden... until testing on the evidence came back... and thus the murder charges.

It makes for great TV for LE to fake charges to trick perps, but it doesn't fly in real life. LE in Canada now have to worry about "Mr. Big" stings coming back on them in court, let alone fake charges.
I never said fake charges... In my decades of news reporting, I have been the pawn in many deceptions LE has used to elicit information and trick suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper