Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just viewed this and I don't know if anyone else has commented but this really disturbs me that a neighbor would be so bold as to enter the home at the offering of a moving company. I am dumbfounded.
That being said, this neighbor made some comments of the state of inside and issues with closing the home???? I see that the reporter was outside the home and it appears that KLs vehicle is still there and the outdoor furniture and Liknes family rock is still on the front porch. I assumed the lease was expired on the rental portion of the home.

I took the comment about issues with sale to mean issues with the estate sale, that not everything sold...........(as opposed to issues w/ closing of the home sale).

My parents take our kids across the border without us all the time. All they need is their birth certificates and a note saying they are able to take them across the border signed by me or my husband. Which sometimes we had forgot to leave the note, therefore, they had to write it themselves and they still got across no problem.

Mine have never been asked for a note. Ever. And we cross and they cross with their grandparents and aunt almost weekly. In fact they did today.

I've missed a few days here over the past 2 weeks and too busy to try and read them all. I belong to a local Airdrie FB group [modsnip]. I ask those posting this to provide a link from the media, or was this perhaps just rumor. The one person who posted it states she'd read this in the media but is away camping at present so not able to search online now to find the link. Was any of this posted here? Is this 'news' to anyone else here?

The amount of sleuthing here both on the front viewable and I'm sure in PM's is pretty astounding and the fact that it hasn't been unearthed???,, but that never stopped us, let's go lookin.

Maybe the computer techs found something in their devices that led them to Mexico.

I took the comment about issues with sale to mean issues with the estate sale, that not everything sold...........(as opposed to issues w/ closing of the home sale).

Good point Dayzee. Yes I agree ~ I see now. Thanks.

IMO there is something big with Mexico otherwise they would have kept this part of the investigation silent just like everything else. There is a reason they want the public to know this.
Perhaps you are right goodasgold. If it was a deliberate leak so to speak by LE it is interesting since virtually silent for weeks now. At the same time it could have been an astute reporter with connections. Either way I hope LE find what they are looking for in Mexico.

Just viewed this and I don't know if anyone else has commented but this really disturbs me that a neighbor would be so bold as to enter the home at the offering of a moving company. I am dumbfounded.
That being said, this neighbor made some comments of the state of inside and issues with closing the home???? I see that the reporter was outside the home and it appears that KLs vehicle is still there and the outdoor furniture and Liknes family rock is still on the front porch. I assumed the lease was expired on the rental portion of the home.

Further to some posts about when the neighbor was interviewed, imo it was very recently. The neighbor referred to carpet been gone and walls and so on being cleaned. You can tell the neighbor did not want to expand on it as I believe he felt uncomfortable and hopefully had some remorse in being a voyeur on a crime scene.

Posted this link a page or so back & those were my thoughts too *as well as the article being rather difficult to interpret as to who was who & when*

Firstly....who would even offer to 'show' the house? & secondly as you said...who would go in? IMO...that's just wrong. Like I said tho...JMO

Mine have never been asked for a note. Ever. And we cross and they cross with their grandparents and aunt almost weekly. In fact they did today.
If they cross almost weekly they likely know the border agents .... not the same thing.

I tried looking at Mazatlán Mexico newspapers to see if anything was written but came up short.

Explore away but be prepared to explain how grandpa and grannie Liknes fooled the CPS and Chief Medical Examiner in thinking they died while getting across one maybe two borders with an Amber Alert out.

I have no idea if they or anyone did, but when thinking about it I wondered about other family members / close resemblances between some of the large extended family and maybe the children ? Close enough for a quick glance by a customs guy at a border crossing if the child was sleeping . Just an idea.
I still haven't completely given up on the post on the other forum that everyone else here seems to feel was false - the one about the man who looked like AL only younger driving a green truck at 4:30 am that morning. It bothered me then, it bothers me now. Why they might do it I cant answer. Except if they thought it was somehow helping the Liknes' .
Sounds crazy but gives the tiniest thread of hope ...

On another note, I read a newspaper article about AL and it commented on him ha I g to sell a lot he owned on Vancouver Island to cover a company debt previously. So more property incase it wasn't noticed already.

Further to the neighbor Al (not AL) interview. Located a written quote of what he said to the reporter.
“The moving truck was here and I came over to talk to the man, and he said ‘would you like to see the inside of the house?'” says Al, who didn’t want to give his last name. “He showed me around, and I noticed that rug was picked up and there was a lot of cleaning on the wall.

“The reason he was here, in his words, were the sale didn’t go that well and he was moving this stuff out

http://globalnews.ca/news/1492641/search-for-missing-calgary-family-moves-to-mexico/

In terms of what the neighbor said, "that rug was picked up" in looking at all the kijiji ads I had only seen one rug that was loosely laying on the floor versus fastened as carpets are to an underpad. The carpet I was thinking of was the one in the office den that was greyish and bunched up. WS made comments about that carpet in the past. In terms of the wall condition, sadly that is self explanatory.

I have no idea if they or anyone did, but when thinking about it I wondered about other family members / close resemblances between some of the large extended family and maybe the children ? Close enough for a quick glance by a customs guy at a border crossing if the child was sleeping . Just an idea.
I still haven't completely given up on the post on the other forum that everyone else here seems to feel was false - the one about the man who looked like AL only younger driving a green truck at 4:30 am that morning. It bothered me then, it bothers me now. Why they might do it I cant answer. Except if they thought it was somehow helping the Liknes' .
Sounds crazy but gives the tiniest thread of hope ...

On another note, I read a newspaper article about AL and it commented on him ha I g to sell a lot he owned on Vancouver Island to cover a company debt previously. So more property incase it wasn't noticed already.

hwy 12 near veteran alberta. this one gets me too. many relatives in the area, AL was raised there by his sister. the guy who reported the truck is a very respected outdoorsman/conservationist in Alberta and also lives in the area. other stuff too but I'll get snipped.

Further to the neighbor Al (not AL) interview. Located a written quote of what he said to the reporter.
“The moving truck was here and I came over to talk to the man, and he said ‘would you like to see the inside of the house?'” says Al, who didn’t want to give his last name. “He showed me around, and I noticed that rug was picked up and there was a lot of cleaning on the wall.

“The reason he was here, in his words, were the sale didn’t go that well and he was moving this stuff out

http://globalnews.ca/news/1492641/search-for-missing-calgary-family-moves-to-mexico/

In terms of what the neighbor said, "that rug was picked up" in looking at all the kijiji ads I had only seen one rug that was loosely laying on the floor versus fastened as carpets are to an underpad. The carpet I was thinking of was the one in the office den that was greyish and bunched up. WS made comments about that carpet in the past. In terms of the wall condition, sadly that is self explanatory.
It bugs me that not only did this guy enter and gape at a former crime scene he likely contacted the paper to tell all about it. I wouldn't give my last name either because now everyone knows he's a nosy jerk.

Further to some posts about when the neighbor was interviewed, imo it was very recently. The neighbor referred to carpet been gone and walls and so on being cleaned. You can tell the neighbor did not want to expand on it as I believe he felt uncomfortable and hopefully had some remorse in being a voyeur on a crime scene.

I was also surprised to see the car in the driveway when watching the report. The reporter also commented on how the house was looking different and showed the balcony and a window. I do believe that the neighbour was referring to a moving company after the fact and that when he commented on the carpet and the wall being washed he seemed to be implying that this was due to the crime. He also did state that the man had said the items where being moved into storage. Why would the car be back in the driveway when all the other pictures and video we have seen showed no vehicles in the drive?

Posted this link a page or so back & those were my thoughts too *as well as the article being rather difficult to interpret as to who was who & when*

Firstly....who would even offer to 'show' the house? & secondly as you said...who would go in? IMO...that's just wrong. Like I said tho...JMO

Hopefully whomever has the courage to consider living there will be mindful and reverent of the 3 lost souls. Perhaps having the living in the house will be a comfort to all?
I feel that it takes an examination of your whole belief system and spirituality but need not necessarily be a deterrent. They have moved on - willingly or not.

“The reason he was here, in his words, were the sale didn’t go that well and he was moving this stuff out.”

A horrendously poorly written article. I believe he meant the carpeting had been pulled up - as in wall to wall carpeting. So pulled up and removed from the premises. The reporter should be sacked! So should her editor.

For what it is worth... I just finished listening to The World at 6 news report by the CBC here on Vancouver Island. To partially quote them in their explanation of the Mexican search
"Douglas Garland's sister was in a relationship with the son of Alvin Liknes." A definite use of past tense. Wonder if that has any meaning or just another example of sloppy wording?

Sadly past tense may very well be a new reality. Crushing grief may not be something all of these relationships survive.

With all the weirdness in this case of the info shared and not shared, the family relationships, the bankruptcies, the moving to Mexico, estate sale, etc. i would not be surprised with any outcome. This is the strangest case i have seen to date. JMO

Perhaps you are right goodasgold. If it was a deliberate leak so to speak by LE it is interesting since virtually silent for weeks now. At the same time it could have been an astute reporter with connections. Either way I hope LE find what they are looking for in Mexico.

I am very curious as to how long they have been in Mexico. (especially since they won't admit how long) I wonder if that is why we have heard nothing for the last while and it seemed as though the search had ended. Were they just focusing on the Mexico link? It is also very strange how they seemed to release to the one reporter that the Gs and Ls had a joint property there. Obviously the LE had to of known that right away. I am still really wondering how they could of pulled buying property by Edmonton as well as in Mexico with all the bankruptcies and financial troubles they seemed to of had. I really doubt that they would of just went to Mexico without a very good reason to go there. (and no I really don't believe they are there, dead or alive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper