Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My late husband's cell phone is still active because Telus won't let me cancel it without a penalty .... it's been a year and 4 months .... maybe because it's the only thing left with her voice they can't bear to cancel? It's amazing how quickly you forget someone's voice when they're gone.

I'm sorry about that and your loss and shame on Telus.

My late husband's cell phone is still active because Telus won't let me cancel it without a penalty .... it's been a year and 4 months .... maybe because it's the only thing left with her voice they can't bear to cancel? It's amazing how quickly you forget someone's voice when they're gone.

Does the outgoing message still work even if the battery isn't recharged?

I'm so sorry Buttercup...that's terrible...*HUGS*

He probably didn't need one until he was 20 years old. That means he didn't have a job until then. After completing high school, he went to university. Barely into his third year, at the age of 20, he was expelled for cheating. Then he needed to get a job, so then he got a social insurance number.
That's a definite possibility...I just found it odd as I'm about his age...lived in a small town and we were just 'given' our SIN cards...we didn't even know at that time what the heck they were for *L*

I am also very curious about the January 2010 incident where DG received a $575 fine for failing to yield to a pedestrian in Airdrie. First, has anyone accessed the information to prove this claim and can I please see it? I have searched everywhere that I can think of and have yet to dig that up. I did however search Airdrie online postings in regards to pedestrians being struck in January of 2010. The only one I can find that fits the time frame is this:
http://www.airdrieecho.com/2010/01/20/airdrie-pedestrian-killed-attempting-to-cross-qeii

The reason I am looking at articles such as this is because I am trying to understand how you can manage to receive a ticket for failing to yield for a pedestrian. Was an officer witness to it? Did someone record his license plate and report it? Did a camera pick it up? Did he hit the pedestrian and the charge was a result of that? Could the article above be related and because it was a death the fine is protocol? Could it have been deliberate?

That's just a standard ticket for not stopping for a pedestrian,, just like speeding, if a cop happens to notice or it's called in, well, mr. ticket book comes out. friend received a $300 ticket for slowing but not completely stopping. jaywalking is a $75 fine, double over LRT tracks. and the boys in blue will come to your home for overdues.

when did everyone (canucks) sign up for their S.I.N? I always found it odd that DG signed up for his when he was 20,, why the delay, I think I was 11 or 12 when I did in school. Why did DG opt out till later?

I'm about the same age as DG and, like you, I got my SIN at about age 12.

Okay so I have yet to figure out how to multi quote....so I won't flood the board with multiple answers to all replies...I yammer enough as it is when I get going ;)

I blew it up again...I've tried lightening...darkening....inverting...and I don't see anything in/on his hand...*like I said..maybe my old eyes? :) Anyone else want to give it a go that would be awesome! But yes cherchri that would be interesting wouldn't it...& if so...if she knew he was not Mr H but Mr G? JMOO...That would add one more thing for us to sleuth for! :)

[modsnip]

So this could be the Richmond charges we read from BC Courts. But if this was in Richmond, wouldn't the receipt be in the name of MH? And if this info is true, he disarmed a security system which is pretty nuts, but then was busted again over something so ridiculous. The guy might be considered smart, but not that smart.

ETA - If he's a creature of habit which he probably is, you can bet he had a change of clothes for this crime probably also.

[modsnip]

So this could be the Richmond charges we read from BC Courts. But if this was in Richmond, wouldn't the receipt be in the name of MH? And if this info is true, he disarmed a security system which is pretty nuts, but then was busted again over something so ridiculous. The guy might be considered smart, but not that smart.

ETA - If he's a creature of habit which he probably is, you can bet he had a change of clothes for this crime probably also.

Hmmm... If the receipt led back to his parents home, it was either a visa statement that was traceable or whatever this crime was took place in Airdrie?

That's just a standard ticket for not stopping for a pedestrian,, just like speeding, if a cop happens to notice or it's called in, well, mr. ticket book comes out. friend received a $300 ticket for slowing but not completely stopping. jaywalking is a $75 fine, double over LRT tracks. and the boys in blue will come to your home for overdues.

Possibly... but I am not convinced it is that easy.

Yes, it's in the system not the phone. If your battery is dead or the phone is off it will go right to voicemail.

Thank you. At first I thought that someone was charging the phone well after she had been murdered.

Here's a disturbing fact about her murder ... something that might be consistent with Garland ... along the lines of being smug about getting away with doing what he shouldn't do:

"Two months after Mihaljevic’s remains were found in a field near Airdrie, people still call her cellphone number to hear the recorded voice mail message.

That Mihaljevic’s cellphone remains active months after her disappearance and death is just one more troubling aspect of the mystery surrounding her violent death."

https://jasonvanrassel.wordpress.com/unsolved/

I remember reading that too, about her cell phone still being active months after (disappearance - well this I can understand) and DEATH. You would think her family would take whatever steps necessary to have her cell acct closed?.....or maybe they didn't think of it?...or didn't think it would matter as they wouldn't worry about ongoing cell phone bills?..........OR.....was her cell phone even in HER NAME? ........maybe not and whomever got it set up for her didn't bother to have it cancelled? Or maybe LE wanted it kept active so they could keep an eye on calls to her #?

Hmmm... If the receipt led back to his parents home, it was either a visa statement that was traceable or whatever this crime was took place in Airdrie?

Yes, could be it was back in Alberta now that you mention it. It's worded weird by the poster so hard to figure out. I found another post possibly from the same poster I'll post. Sounds like this person remembers this stuff, maybe it was near where he worked or maybe he knew him. Strange the poster remember these odd details, but interesting none the less.

not stopping for a pedestrian is a major no-no in cowtown and neighbouring townships.

I realize that it is an offence, but if DG is so careful and meticulous I wonder why he was not aware of a police presence at the intersection or crosswalk. Since it has been reported in various media outlets of the offence how do we gain access of the charge? Is the public able to access this?

Possibly... but I am not convinced it is that easy.
The bylaws state "curb to curb" and the police are not shy to issue tickets in these parts if they witness someone not stopping or even starting before the person is fully crossed. We've had a quite a few fatalities in crosswalks and it's an enforcement that has more support than speed on green cameras I'd think (especially the one on Beddington Trail and Country Hills that seems to love issuing me tickets, lol)

Yes, that's what I got from it….Isn't that crazy if true??? Bizarre. I wish we would know if this was confirmed true or not. Doubtful someone would make it up though.

I just did a google search of that sentence and found where you read it. Too bad nobody questioned it right after it was posted there on Jul 9th.

I realize that it is an offence, but if DG is so careful and meticulous I wonder why he was not aware of a police presence at the intersection or crosswalk. Since it has been reported in various media outlets of the offence how do we gain access of the charge? Is the public able to access this?

Maybe someone can go to the court house and make a request to read the related documents.

Yes, that's what I got from it….Isn't that crazy if true??? Bizarre. I wish we would know if this was confirmed true or not. Doubtful someone would make it up though.

LayzeeDayzee: "Weird. The posted claims back then that DG was ?working w/ RCMP in a consultant or training role?"

What link claims that a wanted felon was working as a consultant to the RCMP in a training role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay