Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The development in Mexico must be pretty significant if the investigators have sent LE. Would it be necessary for a paper trail?

Decided to stay the identity charges... Oh my! What is happening?? The information contained with the ID would lead to a lot more than LE can afford to the public?

And " they believed the three had been murdered"... Wow!

And " they believed the three had been murdered"... Wow!

Sorry, LL, I don't get your surprise at this statement? Aren't the charges of 1st and 2nd degree murder basically saying the same thing?

Sorry, LL, I don't get your surprise at this statement? Aren't the charges of 1st and 2nd degree murder basically saying the same thing?

It is the past-tense..."believed" that got me all excited... When reading it again it makes sense that they are just re-capping. I am just very hopeful at this point.

Not sure this info has been out there and probably not important. On another website (a statement analysis blog, don't think i can post because it's not MSM, correct me if I'm wrong) an anonymous comment mentioned "Alvin and Allen bought land, in Evansburg, as stated on a government website." This could be hearsay, haven't checked the government website. Just posting as IIRC there was discussion as to whether the Liknes were staying with family in the Edmonton area or if they bought, so *if* the comment is true, they might've bought land with Allen.
That would make sense Lalalacasbah because I had come across a post in response to a on a MSM article that said AL's ancestors come from that area many generations back. So this would make perfect sense as to why Evansburg and not Edmonton or Calgary as a destination retirement location.

That was my guess LL

I agree too, with LL and W. I think the CPS is being so so very careful and strategic with its moves and what it releases in terms of information to the public. (I haven't posted yet on this forum so hope I quoted correctly).

Yes, it's in the list of items to add in an upcoming revision which should be within the next 24 hrs. Am off today :biggrin:

Thank you sillybilly for your time and effort on this timeline. Top notch.

Not sure this info has been out there and probably not important. On another website (a statement analysis blog, don't think i can post because it's not MSM, correct me if I'm wrong) an anonymous comment mentioned "Alvin and Allen bought land, in Evansburg, as stated on a government website." This could be hearsay, haven't checked the government website. Just posting as IIRC there was discussion as to whether the Liknes were staying with family in the Edmonton area or if they bought, so *if* the comment is true, they might've bought land with Allen.

Here is the record of purchase, from the Alberta government website. http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/gazette/2001/pdf/0331_i.pdf

http://www.timescolonist.com/missing-calgary-family-crown-stays-identity-theft-charges-1.1296019

Another article about the identity theft charges being stayed.

"...police alleged he was using that identity again when they brought him in for questioning in the missing persons case."

I don't recall it being worded quite like that before? using? I thought just in possession of?

rsbm bbm ^^^

My thought has always been that when they went to his home to question him, he said he was Matthew Hartley not DG and likely had the ID in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine