Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people must be thinking that the Bow River is a good place to have a swim and, like every year in the past, people drown.

Facebook Blacked Out Picture ~ AL (son) CL (Clayd**), FL, JL (Jor***), LL, CL (Clint**), CL (Cli*f), KL (someone assessed account), EL,

Not Blacked Out On Facebook ~ RO, JO, CH, NL, JL

I think Outofthedarkness is correct, it is likely due to anniversary date of crimes.

No.
Garland did not have a breakdown after an horrific asleep at the wheel accident where he ran over the pet bunny. If fact, there is no record that he ever had an horrific accident. Furthermore, why would Garland be reporting an incident of trauma due to running over the pet bunny while asleep at the wheel as a mitigating factor in a drug conviction? There is a record that he stole the identity of a 14 year old boy that was involved in a fatal, horrific, head-on collision.

Whatever the mental health issues, Garland has a history of inappropriate behaviour that warranted psychiatric intervention involving both counselling and medication. That much seems to be documented, but at the same time, he sailed through his six months of a 39 month prison sentence with flying colours ... released in six months. His mental health issues were miraculously healed, and he was fit for release with low risk of violence towards others ... and that was true for 13 years.

Bipolar is also known as passive/aggressive. Can a passive/aggressive person, living the highs and lows of bipolar, be a loner?

Bipolar IS NOT otherwise known as passive/aggressive. Bipolar is manic depressive.
Passive aggressive is not a DSM diagnosis but I believe a relational issue perhaps falling in line with emotional intelligence. It is an ineffective way of expressing and dealing with anger NOT a true psychiatric condition.

The accused in this mass murder does not have mental disabilities, or mental illness.

He has mental health issues ... he's nuts, not disabled, or ill.

ADHD is not a thing that causes people to commit murder, so why should it be considered during the murder trial?

Mental health issues and mental illness are almost synonymous.
Use terms such as " nuts" cautiously.

Kim Ross is just another lawyer with just another murderer that wants to get out of it ... avoid the consequences ... any way possible. Kim Ross has another client that shot a police office on his property. He is pleading that he was nuts ... so Kim Ross knows the ropes for that excuse.

Clearly demonstrating that the accused is in fact not " nuts" .

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Body+found+river+near+Calgary/10073634/story.html
Both police and fire were called to the area near the east end of St. George’s Island around July 29 2:15 p.m., where they found the body of what appears to be a young man in his late teens or early 20s. Homicide detectives are also assisting.

So this is the second body one on the 29th and one on the 30th of Aug.

July vs august...? Separate stories, just watch your dates closer :)

only 2 situations yesterday. 1 death, 1 alive in critical. not seemingly related, but they haven't said that. nothing released on the death yet.

Facebook Blacked Out Picture ~ AL (son) CL (Clayd**), FL, JL (Jor***), LL, CL (Clint**), CL (Cli*f), KL (someone assessed account), EL,

Not Blacked Out On Facebook ~ RO, JO, CH, NL, JL

I think Outofthedarkness is correct, it is likely due to anniversary date of crimes.

It could be about the anniversary date. The list of names with blackouts is growing outside the immediate family. I can't see RO or JO changing their profile picture because they will honor the family photos they have as opposed to the 'darkness'. I am sure that it is difficult for the whole family to keep emotions under wraps and it could be possible that some members will appeal publicly for answers, they may not have faith in the justice system at this point especially when they are not privy to details and some will not be convinced until the bodies are recovered. Maybe they have received more disturbing news and this is a way to communicate that with the family and close friends. Maybe it is a vote...Just my thoughts....

july vs august...? Separate stories, just watch your dates closer :)

only 2 situations yesterday. 1 death, 1 alive in critical. Not seemingly related, but they haven't said that. Nothing released on the death yet.

I give myself a 24 hour time out for that one!!!:blushing:

I dunno, personally, I would hold out hope until there was none.

I think the page changes are an indication that everyone is still living with it and finding ways to cope and be supportive. LE spoke of setting the family up with victim services, so it's unlikely they have more details than they did before.

It's only a couple of more weeks before the next court appearance, and hopefully some indication of where this is all headed in the future.

It's unfortunate there seems to be no way of determining where the victims could be, even with the heavy analysis of everything from vehicle ability to mental disability we do here.

Not sure who D**g Gardner (not Garland) is to the families but on facebook he has been blacked out as well.

I have noticed in the past couple of days that anyone who is NOT friends with me, their cover photo "appears" to be blacked out. I don't think they are intentionally changing their cover photos.... seems to me that it's another Facebook upgrade.

I have found one person on my FB who has a blacked out page... Must be a FB issue. Sorry for all the time wasted!

And here is an older notification from FB:

Photos are loading as black boxes, empty boxes or broken images.

If you can't see photos on Facebook and you're seeing black boxes, empty boxes or broken images instead, please report a problem.

More info
Get help for mobile apps and browsers
Last edited about a month ago

This kind of nuts ... also known as sociopath:

"Antisocial personality disorder is a type of chronic mental condition in which a person's ways of thinking, perceiving situations and relating to others are dysfunctional — and destructive. People with antisocial personality disorder typically have no regard for right and wrong and often disregard the rights, wishes and feelings of others.

Those with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others either harshly or with callous indifference. They may often violate the law, landing in frequent trouble, yet they show no guilt or remorse. They may lie, behave violently or impulsively, and have problems with drug and alcohol use. These characteristics typically make people with antisocial personality disorder unable to fulfill responsibilities related to family, work or school."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20027920

That is a tough disorder. Is this what DG has?

A lot of people I know have black cover photos today. I just checked. So it looks like it's a glitch and nothing to do with this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman